Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Police officer kills unarmed fleeing man

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

My comment was sarcasm. These are all race-baiters that make tons of money from creating unions of racists, all under the religious protection of the Constitution. It's shameful. If you really want to help rid the country of racism you have to remove the profit from being a racist, and prosecute the extortion that these people inflict because they are racist.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

killgor

killgor

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 684 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:511543

Racism is a result of ignorance, not a side effect of religion. Not unless your religion is explicitly racist.

actualy, racism is usually the result of experience. you notice that most people of a specific race has certain customs and react to them. for example, i'm a proud racist against gipsies. i live in a place where we have a lot of them. they don't work and get their money from begging, they are the ones you have to look out for when out at night, they don't shower so if you have to share public transport with them prepare yourself for a long road, they piss/shit on the street in plain view. now someone else, who lives in america, who hasn't met a community of gipsies can say all they want that every human is equal, but that's not true. some people are an inconvenience to humanity and it might be best if they are exterminated.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

actualy, racism is usually the result of experience. you notice that most people of a specific race has certain customs and react to them. for example, i'm a proud racist against gipsies. i live in a place where we have a lot of them. they don't work and get their money from begging, they are the ones you have to look out for when out at night, they don't shower so if you have to share public transport with them prepare yourself for a long road, they piss/shit on the street in plain view. now someone else, who lives in america, who hasn't met a community of gipsies can say all they want that every human is equal, but that's not true. some people are an inconvenience to humanity and it might be best if they are exterminated.

I know what you're talking about, I am more than familiar with the so-called "Gypsy problem". However, where you're fundamentally wrong is that this isn't a racial issue, it's a poverty issue, namely that our respective states have been unable or unwilling to address the ever growing number of people living in deep deprivation or in other words the underclass. There are many definitions, listed there, but I'd like to quote this:

Lawrence M. Mead defines the underclass as a group that is not only poor, but also behaviorally deficient. He describes the underclass as "dysfunctional." He provides the following definition in his 1986 book Beyond Entitlement,

It just so happens that in your and my country Gypsies make up the majority of the underclass, but it's different everywhere. I believe the only way to improve the underclass' situation comes through targetted and segregated education, and even then significant change is only likely to happen after a few generations.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Duderonomy

Duderonomy

NG's Best Hippie Warrior

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 984 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:534338
  • Souls Baptized:773,445
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Yeah, Killgor what you are talking about is a result of culture and poverty, not race. In the U.S., the "gangster culture" is not confined to African Americans or Latinos. Many poor European Americans also gravitate to the culture. The bad part is that entrenched prejudice can trap people into that culture. If you see every Gypsy as a homeless criminal, then you won't let them get training for a job that lets them escape that life. Crime is a necessity if you can't eat.

As a trend, the U.S. has actually experienced a vastly declining violent crime rate in the last twenty years. There are many theories on why (since everyone wants to get credit), but I think the rise of cheap entertainment is the real culprit. Potential criminals are indoors watching Sopranos or playing GTA5 instead of outside committing real crimes. Twenty years ago, if you wanted a realistic experience flying a jet or driving a dirtbike, you would have to pay thousands for the privilege. Now, 300-400 bucks can let you experience that and thousands of other adventures.

Hippie Warrior

tumblr_ltn48fQZK51qlktl7o1_500.gif

Doom War Stats: 18 offensive wars, 2 defensive wars, 38742 damage dealt, 27670 damage taken, all with 0 tech

Lilgay Mitch

Lilgay Mitch

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 51 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:573319

Relaxation of the ridiculous war on drugs reduces violent crime.  If you notice, current violent crime is reaching 1970s levels a period right before the start of the biggest failure in DEA/ATF history.

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

iUwFU8I.jpg

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

I saw this video several days ago and I was appalled. That Officer committed murder and I hope he is found guilty in Court.

Most police departments require their Officers to wear audio recorders. So if the Officer was wearing one, I would be very interested in hearing the entire conversation.

As for this being about firearms, it has nothing to do with that. This was a messed up individual who chose to use his law enforcement authority to kill someone without due cause. Even without a firearm, the officer could killed him with an expandable baton (which is classified as a less than lethal device) by striking his head repeatedly. A firearm is just a tool, take it away and people will still find ways to murder and inflict harm.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Duderonomy

Duderonomy

NG's Best Hippie Warrior

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 984 posts
  • Resources:

iUwFU8I.jpg

Pretty much the way it is.

Hippie Warrior

Doom War Stats: 18 offensive wars, 2 defensive wars, 38742 damage dealt, 27670 damage taken, all with 0 tech

emudevelopment

emudevelopment

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,144 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588279
  • Souls Baptized:Enough

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32213482

This thread is probably going to start a shitstorm and i'm really interested in how certain people here who normally defend Americans gun laws react after watching the video in the link above.

All I really have to say is, America your gun laws are a fucking joke.

Also notice how the idiot starts screaming for him to put his arms behind his back, like all of a sudden he wants to follow protocol, makes me fucking sick.

What really ticks me off is the officer immediately attempting to plant evidence on him after killing him so casually.

Thank god law prevailed and he's facing a murder charge

So your in favor of cops not having guns? I dont understand how civilian gun control is a factor in a cop commiting a unjust murder. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873

With xenophobia going bit mainstream lately, especially with channels like faux news etc, you're going to see the spill over effects here and there. That alone may not contribute to what happened, but part of it could. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32213482

This thread is probably going to start a shitstorm and i'm really interested in how certain people here who normally defend Americans gun laws react after watching the video in the link above.

All I really have to say is, America your gun laws are a fucking joke.

Also notice how the idiot starts screaming for him to put his arms behind his back, like all of a sudden he wants to follow protocol, makes me fucking sick.

What really ticks me off is the officer immediately attempting to plant evidence on him after killing him so casually.

Thank god law prevailed and he's facing a murder charge

So your in favor of cops not having guns? I dont understand how civilian gun control is a factor in a cop commiting a unjust murder. 

because humans are not robots, they have feelings, emotions that can change who they are, their morals at any point in time.

It's like a time bomb, some will eventually explode, some may never. The possibility will ALWAYS be there.

This cop for example, could have been the angel of them all when he first started, over years in service things he'd seen, situations he had gone through would have caused his moralities to change and thus ended up here.

We'll probably forever go over this argument (Americans vs other nations who have strict gun laws) and I honestly can't think of a way to solve it that will actually work. But my opinion is that guns should only be used in times of war or for simple sport and not for personal defense.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Duderonomy

Duderonomy

NG's Best Hippie Warrior

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 984 posts
  • Resources:

In all honesty, guns are useless in the vast majority of self defense situations against criminals. Even the FBI admits that attackers within 20 feet cannot be stopped by a hip-holstered gun. If you've got your weapon concealed, that adds more precious seconds, that's if you don't shoot yourself by drawing incorrectly. You're much better off learning Krav Maga or another defense-oriented martial art than spending thousands of dollars on buying and training with a gun.

Most U.S. officers need regular training in unarmed combat. It will make them less likely to draw the gun in the first place.

However, the majority of the U.S. is rural enough that guns are extremely useful as self defense against animals. I can't tell you how many copperheads and water moccasins I've shot. And alligators are frequent enough to be a problem down here in bayou country.

Hippie Warrior

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

In all honesty, guns are useless in the vast majority of self defense situations against criminals. Even the FBI admits that attackers within 20 feet cannot be stopped by a hip-holstered gun. If you've got your weapon concealed, that adds more precious seconds, that's if you don't shoot yourself by drawing incorrectly. You're much better off learning Krav Maga or another defense-oriented martial art than spending thousands of dollars on buying and training with a gun.

Most U.S. officers need regular training in unarmed combat. It will make them less likely to draw the gun in the first place.

However, the majority of the U.S. is rural enough that guns are extremely useful as self defense against animals. I can't tell you how many copperheads and water moccasins I've shot. And alligators are frequent enough to be a problem down here in bayou country.

however it's a very excusable excuse.

'i shot & killed him in self defense'

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

We'll probably forever go over this argument (Americans vs other nations who have strict gun laws) and I honestly can't think of a way to solve it that will actually work. But my opinion is that guns should only be used in times of war or for simple sport and not for personal defense.

Don't blur civilian gun control and the question whether cops should carry firearms. On the cop issue it's most likely the other way around: UK and every other nation :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

In our society we have to accept that bad things will always happen. This cop made more than one mistake, and his final mistake cost him everything. The man made one mistake, and it cost him his life. The man took a gamble that the white cop won't kill him if he takes off running. He was wrong. What confuses me is why he thought he could just run away from his 'Mercedes Benz' and get away. Yeah, this guy was not a poor black man. He knew there was a warrant out on him for child support. Did he have some kind of false security because of his race? Did he believe the white cop would not do anything?

Disarming the Police... not an option. Disarming the public... not an option. You need to come up with something else.

And I saw that Shah. That 'faux' comment just shows your intolerance to hearing the other side of issues. I expect more from you Sir. :)

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

In our society we have to accept that bad things will always happen. This cop made more than one mistake, and his final mistake cost him everything. The man made one mistake, and it cost him his life. The man took a gamble that the white cop won't kill him if he takes off running. He was wrong. What confuses me is why he thought he could just run away from his 'Mercedes Benz' and get away. Yeah, this guy was not a poor black man. He knew there was a warrant out on him for child support. Did he have some kind of false security because of his race? Did he believe the white cop would not do anything?

Disarming the Police... not an option. Disarming the public... not an option. You need to come up with something else.

And I saw that Shah. That 'faux' comment just shows your intolerance to hearing the other side of issues. I expect more from you Sir. :)

probably just didn't wanna go to jail again.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

It has to be said that generally NOT doing what a cop says is a bad idea. Doing the opposite is even worse. Just get out of the situation and sue the cop afterwards if he stepped over the line.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

It has to be said that generally NOT doing what a cop says is a bad idea. Doing the opposite is even worse. Just get out of the situation and sue the cop afterwards if he stepped over the line.

easier said than done if normal defense script is 'the cop feared for his life'

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire
America your gun laws are a fucking joke.

Why? Because cops are pricks? I for one defend our gun laws for a number of reasons, this being one of them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

at best the "gun law debate" touches this incident in the manner of "trigger happyness" or "overcompensation of possible threat".

thou for all intence and purposes, this just seems like a bad cop being stopped after the facts.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users