Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Force Awakens

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552089
  • Souls Baptized:556,516
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Can't be ready for this movie to come out this week!!!

Already got the tickets for opening day :P 

Are you? 

The Force shall awaken 

Posted Image
Joshua 1:9
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"- Winston Churchill
"War does not determine who is right-only who is left" -Bertrand Russell
"We shall show mercy, but shall not ask for it"- Winston Churchill
"You ask what the aim is? I tell you it is victory- total victory"- Winston Churchill

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

George Jarvis

George Jarvis

Quenched

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 417 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:582746
  • Souls Baptized:77,275
  • Squadron:Delta

Snape kills Dumbledore

Spoiler

Жорж хаан,
Дээд удирдагч Ардын Бүгд Найрамдах ханлиг Шинэ Монгол Улсын

Posted Image

強度Posted Image統一

Posted Image RaDiAtIoN pArTy Posted Image

Nukes Eaten for IRON:
Oculus-Mi6 War - I (11/2/15)
Pink Senate War - III (3/25/16, 3/26/16, 3/27/16)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:

LOL not Harry Potter boi 

Posted Image
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"- Winston Churchill
"You ask what the aim is? I tell you it is victory- total victory"- Winston Churchill

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

You are a premiere guy he?

If I go to the cinema, its like a month past its first showing, less people, less annoyances ^_^

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:

Nah I am watching at the day of when it comes, I know theres gonna be a lot of people if I go for the midnight premier 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
  • Squadron:Kilo
I saw it, ok nostalgia has its value but I was really hoping there would be something new here.

I'm underwhelmed. I went saw the first day show and tbh I had to fight off sleeping off to boredom.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004
Boredom?

You clearly saw a different movie than I did.

Did it stick to a known winning format a bit too much? Yeah it did, but it didn't take from the entertainment value.

Plus, now that Abrahams has some credibility now, he can expand the characters in the 2nd (8th?) movie. This next one should be as good as Empire Strikes Back, IMO.
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:

Boredom? Really? I guess you aint a true star wars fan because i have been waiting for 10 years to Star Wars Episode 7 to show up and it was finally here at last. but I guess if it was boring was the point of watching it in the first place. 

I got my money's worth by watching it. 

It depends if you have not watched the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy as well, I watched all there are parallel with the original trilogy but the characters are expanded it seems that they are going on the line of Star Wars Expanded Universe some what. 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

I've just come back from seeing it and I think it was pretty good. BUT I agree with the critics that:

1. The movie wanted to tell a bit too much and because of this fails to answer a lot of questions. Sometimes less is more and I definitely agree
  2. We've kind of seen it all before. Hell, some scenes are almost a direct copy-paste from earlier movies.
  3. The two main villains (Hux and Ren) are kind of weak. Not in their roles, but the casting is kind of unconvincing, especially with Hux

Despite that, I'll buy it for a reboot/first movie of a trilogy, but NEXT time, they need to show us something new or else there will be trouble. I'll tell you what my biggest beef is though: since everyone hated the politicking of the prequels (except for me it seems, I personally really enjoyed that part), they went out of their way to avoid anything of the sort to the point where we're not even explained the general setup and power balance between the factions. In fact, I had the feeling that the Resistance and the First Order are two extremist splinter factions of the (new) Republic and Empire remnants. It got comically ridiculous when

Spoiler

Also, I read some theories and I really hope that some are true, like

Spoiler

Edited by ccabal86, 31 December 2015 - 12:35 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004
Interesting thoughts CC.

I liked Ren and the performance given. He's the angsty, angry, tempermental villain Anakin SHOULD have been, instead of the whiny little brat he was.

I am salivating for Episode VIII. They start filming next month.
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Perez

Perez

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 582 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:539807
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Alpha

Im not a star wars fan, but the bad guy was very very very weak. He looked really dope at the beginning and I was hyped but man what a fail for an antagonist. Apart from that, I liked the movie. 

"%20alt=

Halo 5 f@%ing HYYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!!!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:

I have heard the Darth Pleaguis are false but I cannot confirm or deny it because it could be wrong. Or he could be reincarnated version of Emperor Palpatine idk

Kylo Ren and General Hux too me are just weaker versions of Darth Vader and General Torkin and the end of the movie I was surprised with. 

I feel like Kylo Ren isn't as strong because it feels like in the movie Rey would be more powerful than him if she was at the dark side. 

We will have to see in Episode VIII where it can take the story and audience. 

It should be interesting 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

I have heard the Darth Pleaguis are false but I cannot confirm or deny it because it could be wrong. Or he could be reincarnated version of Emperor Palpatine idk

Is it from an official source? To me it would make sense, after all, he was the only Sith lord that could actually use the force to create life. If some Jedi figured out a way to come back as ghosts, would it be so unbelievable that someone as powerful as Plaeguis could figure out a way to preserve himself?

I liked Ren and the performance given. He's the angsty, angry, tempermental villain Anakin SHOULD have been, instead of the whiny little brat he was.

Yeah, but then again, outperforming Christiensen is not a big accomplishment :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:

Is it from an official source? To me it would make sense, after all, he was the only Sith lord that could actually use the force to create life. If some Jedi figured out a way to come back as ghosts, would it be so unbelievable that someone as powerful as Plaeguis could figure out a way to preserve himself?

Yeah, but then again, outperforming Christiensen is not a big accomplishment :P

Yeah I guess its an easy one lol

So Luke Skywalker long lost daughter is Rey?

This is what I can deduce based on the parallels between the two. 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Well, here are a collection of arguments against the Darth P. theory, but they're not that convincing for me. I don't see how the Andy Serkis "denial" for example is a denial at all, it's more something that supports the idea. As for him being a Muun...yeah, he used to be in the EU, but that's of little relevance now.

I think the Rey-Luke relationship is really obvious, moreover, I think both of them know it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:

Yup it is pretty obvious. 

I am just curious where Supreme Leader Snoke and General Hux came from now? Supreme Leader Snoke surprises me the most. 

Also I  feel like Poe Dameron and Wedge Antilles  are related in some way don't you think? 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Also I  feel like Poe Dameron and Wedge Antilles  are related in some way don't you think?

Possible, but wouldn't be too surprised if it wasn't the case. Don't feel a strong connection there. I do wonder about Snoke though - the name itself is so out of place (borderline ridiculous) that I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be an alias. He does seem fragile and old, someone who's obviously been around for quite some time, and he doesn't strike me as someone who could have been Sidious' apprentice

Oh something else I really liked: First, the stormtroopers are actually worth something now and they pass for an actual fighting force. Second, the First Order guys are pretty ruthless, something that wasn't made very explicit in the case of the Empire. Sure, Tarkin blew up Alderaan, but  other than that, we don't see much aggression against civilians. Here, we see them kill off 3 communities (2 on Jaaku and 1 on that jungle planet) in a matter of minutes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:

Possible, but wouldn't be too surprised if it wasn't the case. Don't feel a strong connection there. I do wonder about Snoke though - the name itself is so out of place (borderline ridiculous) that I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be an alias. He does seem fragile and old, someone who's obviously been around for quite some time, and he doesn't strike me as someone who could have been Sidious' apprentice

Oh something else I really liked: First, the stormtroopers are actually worth something now and they pass for an actual fighting force. Second, the First Order guys are pretty ruthless, something that wasn't made very explicit in the case of the Empire. Sure, Tarkin blew up Alderaan, but  other than that, we don't see much aggression against civilians. Here, we see them kill off 3 communities (2 on Jaaku and 1 on that jungle planet) in a matter of minutes.

Yea because this guy came out of nowhere like literally and the name is really different. Could he be one of the founders from the Sith planet perhaps? Or somebody cloned him probably? 

I think the First Order is an actual true fighting force imagine what country would be so similar to this type of military. 

All the new equipment that they have actually looks sick with their armor and the weaponry as well. 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
I don't think Snokes is a clone, that would actually be pretty damn lame, lol. I know in the EU Palpatine had several clones, but I never liked the idea. As for him being a Sith of old from Korriban...maybe, but there's very little info that would support that, not sure if corriban even exists anymore in Disney canon...we'll see.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

Supreme Leader Snoke is Jar Jar binks. After he manipulated the entire galaxy he took this chance to seize power and become the most bombad.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users