Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Force Awakens

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552089
  • Souls Baptized:556,516
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

LOL no but I have heard that George Lucas didn't like where Disney was going with this film.

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/george-lucas-not-a-fan-of-retro-star-wars-approach-20151230

Posted Image
Joshua 1:9
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"- Winston Churchill
"War does not determine who is right-only who is left" -Bertrand Russell
"We shall show mercy, but shall not ask for it"- Winston Churchill
"You ask what the aim is? I tell you it is victory- total victory"- Winston Churchill

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7
  • Squadron:Kilo

Don't discount strange theories. You never know what might happen

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:

I read this article it seemed pretty interesting that I think Snoke is Darth Bane, I would have to agree. http://moviepilot.com/posts/3703790

Posted Image
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"- Winston Churchill
"You ask what the aim is? I tell you it is victory- total victory"- Winston Churchill

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

The thing about that theory is that there is no evidence supporting that theory; just vague generalizations and hope.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
Yeah, Darth Bane might not even be canon anymore. I guess we'll just have to wait :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

My wife and I saw it today. I liked it more than she did, but I did feel like I was just watching a reboot-remake of the first series. First series is daddy gone bad, twin son and daughter come to save the day. Now it's son gone bad, daddy and daughter come to save the day. We have new people filling the same roles with different names, same Emperor with a different face, same Death Star just bigger, same pilots shooting at the same things. Nothing really new here, and way over-hyped.

Let's hope the second one is just as good as The Empire Strikes Back, and the third one is way better than Return of the Jedi. For the record I thought JJ did a better job with the Star Trek reboot. I did see a coupe trailers that looked promising... The 5th Wave and the new Independence Day sequel... I'll be seeing those.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Edited by Lysistrata, 05 January 2016 - 01:53 PM.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873

Boredom? Really? I guess you aint a true star wars fan because i have been waiting for 10 years to Star Wars Episode 7 to show up and it was finally here at last. but I guess if it was boring was the point of watching it in the first place. 

I got my money's worth by watching it. 

It depends if you have not watched the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy as well, I watched all there are parallel with the original trilogy but the characters are expanded it seems that they are going on the line of Star Wars Expanded Universe some what. 

There was a time I literally rembered the whole script, I had seen it so many times, I've read all the comics, etc, so I would say I'm above average fan. Star Wars is by far my favorite movie series, followed by Lord of the Rings.

See, its old wine in new bottle, that's my main problem. It has so many parallels to earlier parts that it's ridiculous. Like cc said, some parts look like direct copy pastes. There was so much cannon and other stories to get inspired from for Disney, sure you could disregard the cannon but all of this is clearly v.v.strongly inspired from existing material, so much so that it's hard to tell the difference.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

Wow I hope they were joking about not knowing Joe Biden and Neil Armstrong. Heck I live thousands miles away and I know that....

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Wow I hope they were joking about not knowing Joe Biden and Neil Armstrong. Heck I live thousands miles away and I know that....

They're not joking. You should watch more Watter's World segments, he spotlights how uninformed, and completely stupid some Americans can be about history, current events, and politics... It's hysterical.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:

They're not joking.

Well I did read sometime ago that Americans generally had a poor knowledge of Geography and current events. It was during the Bush era, they failed to name the VP, Sec Def and even didn't know who Condoleezza Rice was!!!? 

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Road2Victory

Road2Victory

Traitor

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 16,979 posts
  • Resources:

Boredom? Really? I guess you aint a true star wars fan because i have been waiting for 10 years to Star Wars Episode 7 to show up and it was finally here at last. but I guess if it was boring was the point of watching it in the first place. 

I got my money's worth by watching it. 

It depends if you have not watched the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy as well, I watched all there are parallel with the original trilogy but the characters are expanded it seems that they are going on the line of Star Wars Expanded Universe some what. 

There was a time I literally rembered the whole script, I had seen it so many times, I've read all the comics, etc, so I would say I'm above average fan. Star Wars is by far my favorite movie series, followed by Lord of the Rings.

See, its old wine in new bottle, that's my main problem. It has so many parallels to earlier parts that it's ridiculous. Like cc said, some parts look like direct copy pastes. There was so much cannon and other stories to get inspired from for Disney, sure you could disregard the cannon but all of this is clearly v.v.strongly inspired from existing material, so much so that it's hard to tell the difference.

I guess George Lucas should have never sold his company to Disney. 

Disney tends to repeat ideas and make them there on. 

I myself is more than an just above average Star Wars. 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:

They're not joking. You should watch more Watter's World segments, he spotlights how uninformed, and completely stupid some Americans can be about history, current events, and politics... It's hysterical.

It's okay, its true around the world but the American stuff get highlighted because America dominates the media so more things go out of the 'borders' as you may say. 

My own younger sisters would'nt know who the president of our country is (but would know who the prime minister is) and that would be pretty much all they know of the politics.  My mum would just say they're all theifs and crooks and she doesnt care and that I need to stop bothering her with silly quizzy questions. Tho, If I ask her whats up with neighbours, she'd be happy to narrate me a novel on the happenings in the neighborhood. :|

Edited by Shahenshah, 14 January 2016 - 12:06 PM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:

Tho, If I ask her whats up with neighbours, she'd be happy to narrate me a novel on the happenings in the neighborhood. :|

That's vintage women move for ya. 

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:

Finally watched it today. What an amazing movie. J.J Abrams did justice w/ the franchise and carried it superbly.

The acting was amazing too, everyone contributed. The weak links would be for me John Boyega and Adam Driver; who was nothing w/o the mask really. Hats off to the mask of Kylo Ren.

Now I have a question too. Why has the movie slowed down so much. 1 bln in 12 days and now it's been a month but it still hasn't passed 2 bln. And if the answer is that its a Hollywood film which usually gets beaten in Asian and Africa then why did Avatar make so much worldwide and as a whole why was Avatar such a success? I mean I've seen Avatar, its good but Star Wars is better. 

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I would say Avatar and Titanic were date movies, and people went to see them in theaters more than once. I wouldn't really call Star Wars a date flick... once is enough. Avatar was all CGI, the script and story was garbage. It felt like a 15 year old wrote it.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
As I've been saying, its over hyped. There isn't word of mouth compelling people to go, I certainly didn't recommend to my friends.

Yea, nostalgic niceties would be good for the fans, but most of the fan base is in west, they've gone and watched and star wars is relatively more niche say vs batman, superman etc franchises that target more mainstream fans. Star wars it appeared was targeting star war fans.

Lys also has a point, sure now sw is say more PC and feminist but its not a flick you take your better half to unles she/he is a fan.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:

I would say Avatar and Titanic were date movies, and people went to see them in theaters more than once. I wouldn't really call Star Wars a date flick... once is enough. Avatar was all CGI, the script and story was garbage. It felt like a 15 year old wrote it.

Avatar was not a date movie. Was it? But yeah the CGI part is pretty accurate. People from my family have stopped watching Hollywood films mostly due to the fact you can't tell real from fake even humans sometimes. That and there is a wind of Nationalism blowing currently here. So watching "Pakistani" garbage films is in "fashion" just like once Hollywood movies were. No one really cared about plots or movie universes, story arcs, etc. It was just fashionable to watch "English" movies. Now "patriotic" movies are being shoved down our throats and people are choking on them which is disgusting.

My dad was a fan of Hollywood like me but he too dislikes the special effects. His fav was the Terminator franchise; he says that that movie had the right amount of effects.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Avatar was just as much a love story as it was anti-Colonial. I only saw it once to understand "why all the hype?". I have desperately tried to forget I saw it ever since. It was "Pocahontas in Space", and it was entirely ridiculous. Yes, the theater was filled with young men trying to get under the skirts of weeping girls that swooned at the sight of two over-sized blue cats, dressed like Crazy Horse, doing the big nasty in the trees. I remember thinking that my entire country has jumped the shark.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens suffers from a lack of originality. It's too much like the first one. It's also a different time. The DVD releases a few weeks after the theatrical run these days, and home theaters with 50"+ screens and booming sound systems in every household is killing the movie industry. Plus, the quality and content of television shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and the like, are better... keeping more and more people at home, with their own, much cheaper, popcorn.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:

Yes, the theater was filled with young men trying to get under the skirts of weeping girls that swooned at the sight of two over-sized blue cats, dressed like Crazy Horse, doing the big nasty in the trees.

Oh my dear friend! You say the silliest, most adorable things. I love you. 

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users