Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Workboots (Looking for a good pair to work on concrete)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

TheSphinxOfDarkness

TheSphinxOfDarkness

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 164 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:540468
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Alpha

Just recently started working in a factory, I work in the warehouse, and my feet are trying to murder me. I'm thinking ill buy a pair of wolverine steel toes with their Durashock thing, but literally my only experience with steel toe boots are the pair I got at walmart a couple of days ago. If anyone has any good suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

Your feet are really important, and I wouldn't mess around with this at all. In a warehouse you may need those steel toe boots... I don't know, just make sure they are wide enough and get some of those gel inserts to keep you from pounding on concrete all day. You should not feel any pain with what you wear on your feet. I love you man... :)

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Tactical Performance from Academy with Dr. Scholl's padding on the bottom. Used to work 12 hour shifts in a factory and those never hurt my feet.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7
  • Squadron:Kilo
General advice for shoes. Always get the best you can. So I wouldn't be getting something from Wal-Mart unless it is highly recommended. Your spine will thank you

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheSphinxOfDarkness

TheSphinxOfDarkness

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 164 posts
  • Resources:

General advice for shoes. Always get the best you can. So I wouldn't be getting something from Wal-Mart unless it is highly recommended. Your spine will thank you

I plan on spending about 150 after I get my first good paycheck

Your feet are really important, and I wouldn't mess around with this at all. In a warehouse you may need those steel toe boots... I don't know, just make sure they are wide enough and get some of those gel inserts to keep you from pounding on concrete all day. You should not feel any pain with what you wear on your feet. I love you man...  :)

Your feet are really important, and I wouldn't mess around with this at all. In a warehouse you may need those steel toe boots... I don't know, just make sure they are wide enough and get some of those gel inserts to keep you from pounding on concrete all day. You should not feel any pain with what you wear on your feet. I love you man...  :)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

hilowe

hilowe

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 902 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:559532
  • Souls Baptized:not enough
I've got a pair of Keen steel toes that work pretty well for me.

I'm not in a factory all day, but in and out of a construction office. So, boots go on and off all day. I wear tennis shoes when I'm in the office and at a computer.

I've never worn them, but I've got some coworkers that swear by Red Wing boots. I know those can be pretty pricey.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheSphinxOfDarkness

TheSphinxOfDarkness

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 164 posts
  • Resources:

Got some Redwing boots and a pair of redwing insoles. http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2240-red-wing-shoes/2240-red-wing-mens-6-inch-boot-brown

Some nice toe room in em. Ill tell y'all how it goes tomorrow!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheSphinxOfDarkness

TheSphinxOfDarkness

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 164 posts
  • Resources:

Lasted a bit longer without getting any pain, but I guess I still need to get used to concrete. Todays my last day of the week, friday afternoon here I come!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

hilowe

hilowe

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 902 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:559532
  • Souls Baptized:not enough

Lasted a bit longer without getting any pain, but I guess I still need to get used to concrete. Todays my last day of the week, friday afternoon here I come!

I haven't done it with work boots, but you could potentially put in gel insoles... I know Walmart has the Dr Scholl's thing that tells you exactly the insole to get (I think Dr Scholl's call them custom inserts, there's just like 12 different insoles to choose from). I've used those in tennis shoes with pretty good results.

Edited by hilowe, 20 May 2016 - 06:39 PM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

Got some Redwing boots and a pair of redwing insoles. http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2240-red-wing-shoes/2240-red-wing-mens-6-inch-boot-brown

Some nice toe room in em. Ill tell y'all how it goes tomorrow!

I don't work at a factory, i work at a golf course, but nonetheless I've tried many different types of boots and once I got tired of all the ones I've tried sucking, and decided to splurge on red wings, I wont go back.  I think you'll be pleased with them.  Mine are comfortable on my feet, and during the summer I'm wearing them up to 12-13 hours a day with no complaints.  But I'm not on hard concrete all day, so not sure, and my main things when looking for boots were comfort as well as great long lasting waterproofing and long lasting condition.  Obviously them being great waterproof boots doesn't matter I'm guessing in your job.  My first pair lasted a year and 1/2...i was lucky to get through 3/4th of a year with other brands...and they come with a good warranty.  My red wings store has a electronic thing you step on to measure the length and the width of your foot and pressure points(like you see some doctor scholls in CVS's and things), and they got me in a real comfortable pair, and I have wider feet then most, and they had many different width sizes for each boot which was a big seller.  They set me back $300, a lot more expensive then others I've tried, but worth the money to me.

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

linpingping1314520

linpingping1314520

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 54 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:000000

delete

Edited by DeathMerchant, 08 October 2017 - 05:08 PM.
Spam. Needs deletion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users