Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pokemon Go

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo
You need an iPhone 5 or above to be able to play. The game is not supported on any lower devices.
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:398342
  • Souls Baptized:9,016,511

Time for a new phone Manda :)

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Former Foxtrot MS, Echo XO, Foxtrot CO and Delta CO

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Yehom has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mandarijn

Mandarijn

The Orange One

• Vault: Leadership
  • 20,057 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:268021
  • Souls Baptized:2,124,729

Nope, I rarely buy anything new unless the previous thing breaks. :P No Pokemon Go for me then...

ew

mandarijn juice

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593623
  • Souls Baptized:86,100
  • Squadron:Delta
  • Discord ID:D34THBR1NG3R

*sheds a sole tear* that's the toughest thing I've ever seen.

The world is a dangerous place. Not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

-Albert Einstein

Nuked 11 times in the name of IRON!

Posted Image

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

-General George S. Patton

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:

I'll break your phone in your sleep so you don't have a choice :)

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Nope, I rarely buy anything new unless the previous thing breaks. :P No Pokemon Go for me then...

If this isn't a good enough reason to buy a newer phone, I don't know what is.

I'll break your phone in your sleep so you don't have a choice :)

I'd like this post if I could.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mandarijn

Mandarijn

The Orange One

• Vault: Leadership
  • 20,057 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:268021
  • Souls Baptized:2,124,729

I hopefully get a new one when I find my 1st ever job. :P

ew

mandarijn juice

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:

So Niantic came out with new patch for the game, where they decided to completely remove the 3 steps on your nearby lists (because everything was 3 steps away). This I don't mind, however they also came out with a statement that they don't like the tracking sites so Pokevision straight up decided to respect Niantic's wishes and terminate it's functions for the time being. When I started about 3 weeks ago I really liked the hunting aspect of the game, seeing the steps disappear 1 by 1 as you came closer when you were trying to find a specific Pokemon. With the 3 step glitch taking this away, I would still enjoy knowing that I would most likely be able to track down the Pokemon that I wanted, via Pokevision. However now you look at the nearby tab, you see what is near, but you have absolutely no idea where it is and you have less than 15 minutes to find it or it will despawn. To me that has killed the game for me and turned it into something that I will play when I'm outside and not something I would specifically plan some time out for myself and go outside to play. Part of the killed fun is also probably that I have very likely all the Pokemon that I will find in my little town and need to actually go out to other places, bigger cities, to find other Pokemon. I've walked around my town for a good 2,5 weeks now and hardly anything new comes up anymore. Also the steepness of the level gains is getting ridiculous now. I'm lvl 21 now, 75k xp for the next lvl is absolutely bullshit unless you actually want to spend money on this game (i.e. lucky eggs, lures and incense)

I'd like to hear your guys' take on the matter

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:

So Niantic came out with new patch for the game, where they decided to completely remove the 3 steps on your nearby lists (because everything was 3 steps away). This I don't mind, however they also came out with a statement that they don't like the tracking sites so Pokevision straight up decided to respect Niantic's wishes and terminate it's functions for the time being. When I started about 3 weeks ago I really liked the hunting aspect of the game, seeing the steps disappear 1 by 1 as you came closer when you were trying to find a specific Pokemon. With the 3 step glitch taking this away, I would still enjoy knowing that I would most likely be able to track down the Pokemon that I wanted, via Pokevision. However now you look at the nearby tab, you see what is near, but you have absolutely no idea where it is and you have less than 15 minutes to find it or it will despawn. To me that has killed the game for me and turned it into something that I will play when I'm outside and not something I would specifically plan some time out for myself and go outside to play. Part of the killed fun is also probably that I have very likely all the Pokemon that I will find in my little town and need to actually go out to other places, bigger cities, to find other Pokemon. I've walked around my town for a good 2,5 weeks now and hardly anything new comes up anymore. Also the steepness of the level gains is getting ridiculous now. I'm lvl 21 now, 75k xp for the next lvl is absolutely bullshit unless you actually want to spend money on this game (i.e. lucky eggs, lures and incense)

Personally, I have never used the Pokevision thing or even heard of its existence until now but that does seem ridiculous, I feel like Niantic is trying to make the game harder so it becomes a pay-to-play sort of game, as many games are these days. But I also think that no matter how bad things get with people not willing to pay, people always pay, no matter the game. And people will especially pay for a game they grew up on, and this was every kids dream. There might be a few tweaks but I think there's an uncertain future for Pokevision. Yes Pokemon Go might lose some followers, but they are making around 1.6 million a day from IPhone users alone ( http://heavy.com/games/2016/07/pokemon-go-revenue-money-profit-how-much-made-make-is-making-spent-store-items-poke-balls-nintendo/ ) and also, according to that same website they're coming out with a bracelet, yes, a wearable bracelet for $35, here's a quote from the website "The main idea behind Pokémon Go Plus is that those who purchase it will be able to play the game without having to be staring at the phone all the time. Among other features, those who have one can catch Pokémon ever having to take their phone out of their pocket.When a Pokémon is nearby, a green light will flash on your Plus device. From there, all you have to do is press the button to throw a Poke Ball, and the device will vibrate if you were successful.The catch is that this only works for Pokemon species you have already captured. If it’s a brand new species, you’ll still have to whip out your phone to catch the Pokemon. And it seems there is also no way to control your throw, which is a valuable method for racking up XP in the main game." Personally this would ruin the fun even more for me, but enough of this long rant. (nd before so many tl;dr)

The world is a dangerous place. Not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

-Albert Einstein

Posted Image

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
I have a lot to say on this subject so I'll comment on it later when I have a little bit more time.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

NabuPilasar

NabuPilasar

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 505 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577552
  • Souls Baptized:1,718,924

I hopefully get a new one when I find my 1st ever job. :P

On your Resume, put

CEO of Leading Multi-National Banking Co-op. That could get you a couple call backs.

Pokemon GO is an interesting game. Sometimes I'll walk 3-4 K and not see a single one. Then there will be four sitting by my house when I return. Face Palm.

Posted Image

Eat your broccoli

Nukes Taken (59) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nukes Given (69) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

10 nukes = 1 Posted ImageAs of 1.21.21

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:583597
  • Souls Baptized:

Same but there are usually pokemon around a stop. Rustling grass indicates a pokemon is around there typically. The pokemon in the top left of your screen is always closest and the bottom right is farthest. They currently reworking the tracking footprints.

"-17.60 - Your population absolutely hates you."

Posted Image

Life is the difference between jumping out of a third story window and jumping off a penthouse suite.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:

I have a lot to say on this subject so I'll comment on it later when I have a little bit more time.

That comment?

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Black Rook
Later is undefined :P

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:583597
  • Souls Baptized:

I'm going to make a pokemon Go video in the time he writes out what he'd like to say. This is the third day I've returned to see his response. The Warrior is officially the the Pokemon Man of Mystery.

"-17.60 - Your population absolutely hates you."

Posted Image

Life is the difference between jumping out of a third story window and jumping off a penthouse suite.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

NabuPilasar

NabuPilasar

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 505 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577552
  • Souls Baptized:1,718,924

Hatched my first 10K Egg. Popped an Evee. Im quitting.

Posted Image

Eat your broccoli

Nukes Taken (59) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nukes Given (69) Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

10 nukes = 1 Posted ImageAs of 1.21.21

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Personally, I have never used the Pokevision thing or even heard of its existence until now but that does seem ridiculous, I feel like Niantic is trying to make the game harder so it becomes a pay-to-play sort of game, as many games are these days. But I also think that no matter how bad things get with people not willing to pay, people always pay, no matter the game. And people will especially pay for a game they grew up on, and this was every kids dream. There might be a few tweaks but I think there's an uncertain future for Pokevision. Yes Pokemon Go might lose some followers, but they are making around 1.6 million a day from IPhone users alone ( http://heavy.com/games/2016/07/pokemon-go-revenue-money-profit-how-much-made-make-is-making-spent-store-items-poke-balls-nintendo/ ) and also, according to that same website they're coming out with a bracelet, yes, a wearable bracelet for $35, here's a quote from the website "The main idea behind Pokémon Go Plus is that those who purchase it will be able to play the game without having to be staring at the phone all the time. Among other features, those who have one can catch Pokémon ever having to take their phone out of their pocket.When a Pokémon is nearby, a green light will flash on your Plus device. From there, all you have to do is press the button to throw a Poke Ball, and the device will vibrate if you were successful.The catch is that this only works for Pokemon species you have already captured. If it’s a brand new species, you’ll still have to whip out your phone to catch the Pokemon. And it seems there is also no way to control your throw, which is a valuable method for racking up XP in the main game." Personally this would ruin the fun even more for me, but enough of this long rant. (nd before so many tl;dr)

Niantic has maintained all along that they did not want the game to be pay-to-win. I believe that the structure of the in-app purchases supports this. The available purchases are meant to enhance a player's experience rather than have them "win" the game (i.e. upgraded pokemon storage and item storage).

As for the game's tracking system: There isn't one currently. When the game launched it used the footprint system to allow you to actually track a Pokémon on your nearby list. As you approached that Pokémon the number of footprints would reduce 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> 0 (indicating that you were basically standing on top of that Pokémon's spawn point). This particular system was helpful while still maintaining a degree of challenge since you didn't have any actual indication of the direction of that Pokémon until the footprints started reducing. The footprint tracking system worked for about a week and a half after the U.S. launch.

As Niantic continued to launch in other countries in the days after the U.S. their servers were massively overloaded. This was due to several factors but the biggest contributing factor was that Pokémon Go had more downloads and active players in it's first three weeks than anyone could have imagined. It was widely expected that the game would be the most played video game of all time but it had as many downloads in it's first three weeks as Niantic figured it would have in its first year and a half! The sheer stress that the servers were under caused frequent crashes that obviously frustrated the player base. Niantic worked furiously during that time to upgrade their servers, add new ones, and come out with patches that would reduce server load.

One of the patches required the shutting down of the in-game tracking system and thus the 3-footprint bug was created. Tracking was practically non-existent at that point. The only helpful thing about the nearby screen was that it showed the closest Pokémon to you in the top left of the nearby box but gave no indication as to how close you might be to it.

The 3-footprint bug frustrated the player base even more since the underlying point of the game (catching them all) was now nearly impossible. Niantic knew how frustrated everyone was with the system even though they maintained relative radio-silence. At this point, creative players began taking things into their own hands and tracking websites and apps such as Pokevision began to show up. These avenues were great for players because we could actually get direction on where something was. Was it cheating? Yeah it was against their terms of service, but it at least allowed players to enjoy the game more than having no ability to find something.

The fundamental issue with these websites and apps though is that they directly clashed with what the player base actually wanted, a functional in-game tracking system. All of these tracking mediums would constantly make calls to the Niantic servers to ping and populate the Pokémon on the maps. This caused increase server load once again on Niantic's servers. Not only did this make it more difficult for Niantic to roll out the game to other markets but it also hindered Niantic's own ability to work on a new in-game tracking system.

Niantic has not been well-known for maintaining contact with their player base in the past and the calls for information over these issues were definitely resounding. Niantic has started to respond more frequently in recent days. The last week has seen several public statements from the company about the issues that the players care about. They have assured that it is their priority to have a new tracking function in a coming update and are working on it amongst other things.

The fact that Niantic is now communicating directly with us and that they are addressing the community's issues gives me a lot of hope for the future of the game. They have basically assured that the features of the game at launch were only approximately 10% of what they had in mind at the beginning. Trading will be coming. PvP battling may very well be coming at some point too. The ability to customize Pokestops and added team abilities are also in the works.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:

They have basically assured that the features of the game at launch were only approximately 10% of what they had in mind at the beginning. Trading will be coming. PvP battling may very well be coming at some point too.

If they have this, I'll be on every day of forever. 

-Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

mariomario190-

mariomario190-

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 926 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:582927
  • Souls Baptized:133,545

Tru dat man, tru dat. Level 9, Team Mystic all the way baby! Btw I live in Dallas.

19 Wars declared for IRON, 1 NUKE eaten. God made man, Everything else was made in China. Diego of China.

"%20alt=

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:

AN INACTIVE MAN SPEAKS but he's mystic so go back to where you came from

-Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users