Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Presidential Election

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Presidential Election (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your Ballot

1. Democrat Party: Hillary Rodham Clinton (9 votes [36.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.00%

2. Republican Party: Donald John Trump (7 votes [28.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.00%

3. Green Party: Jill Ellen Stein (4 votes [16.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

4. Libertarian Party: Gary Earl Johnson (4 votes [16.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

5. Constitution Party: Darrell Lane Castle (1 votes [4.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

Vote

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
  • Squadron:Kilo

Got some good replies! Glad to see people talking about the future of our country.

Just a general observation... Wouldn't this topic be better suited to the "Real Life - Current Events and World News" section of the forums since it does pertain to current politics and the US Election in just under two months now.

I wasn't expecting this thread to be taken very seriously, so I put it in the Spam section. I will be moving it since it has gained interest.

why don't you have the constitution party as a choice?

I only wanted to list the Major Political Parties, and I thought the Constitution Party was listed under the Minor Political Parties. I just looked it up and I see they are listed as a Major Party. Thank you for pointing that out and I will edit the poll to include them!

Hillary is crazy and Trump is crazy but just as said above, I'd rather vote for someone who says questionable things than does questionable things. Trump is not a racist when we are talking about Mexicans and it genuinely pisses me off beyond belief when some uninformed left wing wingnut says that Trump is "targeting Mexicans" like honestly, could you be more ignorant? Trump is targeting ILLEGALS who are stealing jobs, not Mexicans. And since I'm on the topic of Mexicans and immigration laws, let me share a couple. http://www.sunbaypaper.com/national/politics/mexico-s-immigration-policies-much-harsher-than-u-s in this article it states how Mexican immigration laws are 10x harsher than American ones.

tl;dr he isn't attacking Mexicans

Now, let me separate from that and go into another contreversial tangent (BTW I hate when people get mad at people for talking about "contreversial thigs" like it's real world news... go to a safe space and get some counseling), now for the muslim deportation and refusal of refugees. First off, let's talk about the refusal of refugees coming to America from war-torn Syria and other countries. Personally, I feel bad that they have to endure this and that their country has to go through this but frankly, I really don't care that they have to leave their country. All I care about is their choice of a "safe haven" (being America in this case although it isn't really a safe haven) is my country, America. Go to England, Scotland, Germany, France, Austrailia, hell go to zimbabwe for all I care but why do you HAVE to go to America? America has been the world's peacekeepers for hundreds of years and it has made me angry ever since I could understand what thet means. We aided the Vietnamese and Koreans in wars that we didn't have to take part in and now we're harboring refugees that do nothing for this country but take it's jobs and ruin its neighborhoods. I could go on but I want to say one more thing.

tl;dr stay out of America

Now for my final point, the removal of Muslims. Now, this topic has been on the hot plate ever since Trump even had a notion of the idea in any sentence he had. Although Trump has dropped the word "Muslims" and started using "people from terrorist countries" stating "It doesn’t matter where you’re coming from, except for fact that the terrorist nations, which is something he is adding to this policy to make it more clear, that if you are coming from a hostile nation and you can not be vetted, absolutely you should not come into this country" which was said by a Trump spokesperson. And this I also completely agree with. If you are from Syria or Iraq or one of those middle eastern countries and you can not be 100% cleared for being a terrorist, the get the hell out. Guess which country didn't do this? FRANCE! and look what has happened to them recently, and we have a btter way of sniffing out terrorists but it isn't that much better. So now, feminists and "Black Lives Matter" supporters (stupid "coalition" I'd say if you can even call it that) are using everything and anything they can find to say he's "sexist" and "racist" and it's just asinine and ignorant.

tl;dr it's not muslims, it's terrorists he's getting rid of

But then again, I am only 15 and can't vote yet  :P

EDIT: Ahhhh, now I am done

This is spot on how I feel about political correctness, safe zones, and liberal garbage that Democrats fabricate in attempt to guilt trip people into believing it. Have you ever considered going into local politics? You tell the truth as is and are not afraid to risk offending someone if they need to be reminded that is not how America works.

If you stuck to those campaign promises, you would have my vote.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
http://m.9gag.com/gag/agG4O9n/friendly-guide-to-us-presidential-candidate-issues

Probably the best non-biased policy guide I found. Stein isn't included, sorry.

For those unaware of the respective positions candidates have on certain events. Like I stated, Trump has the most I agree with. I do differ on issues like Marijuana (though I don't smoke, Johnson has the best revenue plan for marijuana.)
Space travel should have government funding. As someone going to school to be an astrophysicist, this one is important as space projects have invented numerous life changing daily things. While a private sector should be open, a government funded should exist. Same for healthcare. And his stance on gay marriage. I'm all for States rights. I believe states should have more power than the federal in several aspects. Gay marriage, however, should be a country wide decision. This coming for a Conservative Christian Texan. The right to marry shouldnot differ state to state.

But as far as those unaware on certain stances, the URL above has a pretty good guide. (Disclaimer: I hate 9gag but it's the only site I could find that guide and it won't let me post it from my phone gallery.)

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593623
  • Souls Baptized:86,100
  • Squadron:Delta
  • Discord ID:D34THBR1NG3R

This is spot on how I feel about political correctness, safe zones, and liberal garbage that Democrats fabricate in attempt to guilt trip people into believing it. Have you ever considered going into local politics? You tell the truth as is and are not afraid to risk offending someone if they need to be reminded that is not how America works.   If you stuck to those campaign promises, you would have my vote.
 My family always tell me that I would be a good politician but right now I want to be a Marine and do the fighting at the source rather than at the debates. And plus, I've only said what everyone else thinks but can't put into words. I might try politics though.

The world is a dangerous place. Not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

-Albert Einstein

Nuked 11 times in the name of IRON!

Posted Image

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

-General George S. Patton

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651

Hillary is crazy and Trump is crazy but just as said above, I'd rather vote for someone who says questionable things than does questionable things. Trump is not a racist when we are talking about Mexicans and it genuinely pisses me off beyond belief when some uninformed left wing wingnut says that Trump is "targeting Mexicans" like honestly, could you be more ignorant? Trump is targeting ILLEGALS who are stealing jobs, not Mexicans. And since I'm on the topic of Mexicans and immigration laws, let me share a couple. http://www.sunbaypaper.com/national/politics/mexico-s-immigration-policies-much-harsher-than-u-s in this article it states how Mexican immigration laws are 10x harsher than American ones.

tl;dr he isn't attacking Mexicans

Now, let me separate from that and go into another contreversial tangent (BTW I hate when people get mad at people for talking about "contreversial thigs" like it's real world news... go to a safe space and get some counseling), now for the muslim deportation and refusal of refugees. First off, let's talk about the refusal of refugees coming to America from war-torn Syria and other countries. Personally, I feel bad that they have to endure this and that their country has to go through this but frankly, I really don't care that they have to leave their country. All I care about is their choice of a "safe haven" (being America in this case although it isn't really a safe haven) is my country, America. Go to England, Scotland, Germany, France, Austrailia, hell go to zimbabwe for all I care but why do you HAVE to go to America? America has been the world's peacekeepers for hundreds of years and it has made me angry ever since I could understand what thet means. We aided the Vietnamese and Koreans in wars that we didn't have to take part in and now we're harboring refugees that do nothing for this country but take it's jobs and ruin its neighborhoods. I could go on but I want to say one more thing.

tl;dr stay out of America

Now for my final point, the removal of Muslims. Now, this topic has been on the hot plate ever since Trump even had a notion of the idea in any sentence he had. Although Trump has dropped the word "Muslims" and started using "people from terrorist countries" stating "It doesn’t matter where you’re coming from, except for fact that the terrorist nations, which is something he is adding to this policy to make it more clear, that if you are coming from a hostile nation and you can not be vetted, absolutely you should not come into this country" which was said by a Trump spokesperson. And this I also completely agree with. If you are from Syria or Iraq or one of those middle eastern countries and you can not be 100% cleared for being a terrorist, the get the hell out. Guess which country didn't do this? FRANCE! and look what has happened to them recently, and we have a btter way of sniffing out terrorists but it isn't that much better. So now, feminists and "Black Lives Matter" supporters (stupid "coalition" I'd say if you can even call it that) are using everything and anything they can find to say he's "sexist" and "racist" and it's just asinine and ignorant.

tl;dr it's not muslims, it's terrorists he's getting rid of

But then again, I am only 15 and can't vote yet  :P

EDIT: Ahhhh, now I am done

Okay so first, the problem isn't the illegals. The problem is that we have greedy asshats running corporations taking advantage of the fact that they can pay those illegals less money illegally to do the same jobs they could hire someone to do legally. They are taking advantage of the situation and thereby making the problem worse. If businesses weren't illegally "hiring" these people, there wouldn't be a problem. 

America has chosen to be the "world peacekeeper" (funny title considering we pick a lot of fights that didn't need to happen). They have chosen to do that because it benefits us in one way or another to be in those wars. We can put our poker face on and pretend that we are doing it for the benefit of some people in that country on the other side of the planet but that's not why we are there. If we are going to stir shit up and ruin peoples lives for our own benefit, then we should take responsibility for the consequences. Not all of them come to the United States anyway, plenty go to the other countries you listed, more so than come to the US actually I believe.

As for the Muslim issue..... It is all Muslims hes trying to get rid of. He's doing it to "get rid of the terrorists", but he wants to deport them and then refuse to take any from that entire region of the world. Personally I have no issue with a stricter immigration process for people coming from a region of conflict, but deporting people for their race is 100% racist. Lets walk through a theoretical for you guys since many of you probably disagree. 

Lets say you are a white and you go on a trip to Dubai. You're doing your thing, you aren't bothering anyone, but everywhere you go people are either terrified of you, or straight up hate you, just because you are white. Then the police breach you room in the middle of the night, arrest you, throw you in jail for being white. They most likely interrogate you, they aren't gentle, because you are "one of them", which automatically means you are there to kill people. After being roughed up in that jail, treated like absolute garbage, they ship you back to your country. You have 0 recourse. Anything you took with you is most likely confiscated or "lost".               Okay now lets dial it up to their version of this. You aren't from some safe country in the western world. You are from a country that is tearing itself apart in a war that the world is mostly ignoring. At any time you and your family could be killed. Oh did I forget to mention that this war was brought about by the actions of the western world that is choosing to stay out of it now? Right when you thought you were finally safe from all of this, some Short Fingered Orange Vulgarian (haha SM) racist gets elected to President and orders that you and everyone who looks like you is to be deported.

You can say that its "not our problem", but the arm of the United States Government is long. They have already reached in and gotten involved in this whole mess. That makes it our problem. If we want to adopt the "not our problem" policy (which I don't agree with but thats because I'm one of those "bleeding heart" types who believes that if you have the power to make someone else's life better, then you have the responsibility to do so. You know, great power, great responsibility), then we have to get our hands out of whats going on over there, which will never happen because oil, and destabilizing governments that could threaten Israel because apparently the "not our problem" argument only applies to Muslims.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

aaaah the "safe zones" and "political correctness" resurfaces.

Any "group" nowadays is a "safe zone" of likeminded "group" drones just rehashing the "group" line until they find someone who says it (a little) differently and they outright go for an attack. Trump is running as many "safe zones" as is the next person.

PC? Its caled politeness. What you dislike, and what basically everyone dislikes, is not speaking about things that are clear as day not to envoke (possible?) retaliation for it. Sad part is that most of these "clear as day" facts as far and between when spoken together with "I say this cause I aint PC!". You aren't being anti-PC, or anti-"shun-nobody", by spouting generalisations and quick one-liners with little substance or grounding in fact.

I said this before and I will say it again, Trump aint the fool, it is the american pubic deciding the message he brings is "make America great again" is a good one.

Also I found this:

Linky link, yes some are stupid

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
I just quickly wanted to point out for the record that Islam is STILL NOT a race. If you insist on regarding it as such, then I insist that you apply the same to, say, Christianity or Communism.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873

I'd vote for Trump, so I can troll all of his supporters from Nov 2018 to Nov 2020. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:

This is spot on how I feel about political correctness, safe zones, and liberal garbage that Democrats fabricate in attempt to guilt trip people into believing it. Have you ever considered going into local politics? You tell the truth as is and are not afraid to risk offending someone if they need to be reminded that is not how America works.   If you stuck to those campaign promises, you would have my vote.
 My family always tell me that I would be a good politician but right now I want to be a Marine and do the fighting at the source rather than at the debates. And plus, I've only said what everyone else thinks but can't put into words. I might try politics though.

Ever wondered that you could be...the source?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:

As for the Muslim issue..... It is all Muslims hes trying to get rid of. He's doing it to "get rid of the terrorists", but he wants to deport them and then refuse to take any from that entire region of the world. Personally I have no issue with a stricter immigration process for people coming from a region of conflict, but deporting people for their race is 100% racist.
 As for the Muslim issue... It is NOT all Muslims he's trying to get rid of... http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/24/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-election-2016/ "His spokeswoman Hope Hicks first told CNN late last month that Trump supported banning Muslims from terror states, not all Muslims, as he had said in December. Those comments came after Trump suggested he would allow a Scottish Muslim to enter the US under his latest proposal." (direct quote from the article) So I'm not gonna entertain the rest of that paragraph, especially the racist part.

You can say that its "not our problem", but the arm of the United States Government is long. They have already reached in and gotten involved in this whole mess. That makes it our problem. If we want to adopt the "not our problem" policy (which I don't agree with but thats because I'm one of those "bleeding heart" types who believes that if you have the power to make someone else's life better, then you have the responsibility to do so. You know, great power, great responsibility), then we have to get our hands out of whats going on over there, which will never happen because oil, and destabilizing governments that could threaten Israel because apparently the "not our problem" argument only applies to Muslims.

The "not our problem" argument doesn't only apply to America OR only Muslims... In fact, it doesn't apply at all. You act like America is only the bad guy in every conflict and no matter what happens in the East it is 100% America's fault no question, no discussion. America did not make people have radical ideas that made them create a separate state of insanity. And if you think it is America's fault then do you think that every radical idea ever is because of America? Because based on what you said, ISIS is killing people because of OUR involvement which is just as insane as ISIS in the first place. And if you are a "bleeding heart" type that supports great power, great responsibility then why don't we pressure England, China, Japan, or India to take in these refugees and fight ISIS and pretty much all of the middle east at the same time? Lastly, not only America has gotten into this mess, but so has The United States, France, Germany, Britain, Italy, Australia and the Netherlands even. All have vowed more action on the Islamic States, so do you accuse them of doing this to Syria and other once great but now in shambles countries? Didn't really think so...

Okay so first, the problem isn't the illegals. The problem is that we have greedy asshats running corporations taking advantage of the fact that they can pay those illegals less money illegally to do the same jobs they could hire someone to do legally. They are taking advantage of the situation and thereby making the problem worse. If businesses weren't illegally "hiring" these people, there wouldn't be a problem.
Okay, now this. Let me give you some food for thought real quick, do you think it would be possible for these so called "greedy asshats" to take advantage if there weren't illegals in the first place? No. That's like saying "well it's the leaders fault for punishing these people for crime" but what if there was no crime in this theoretical world? Then there would be no harsh punishments. Just like how if there were no illegals, none would be "taken advantage" of. So that's that.

America has chosen to be the "world peacekeeper" (funny title considering we pick a lot of fights that didn't need to happen). They have chosen to do that because it benefits us in one way or another to be in those wars. We can put our poker face on and pretend that we are doing it for the benefit of some people in that country on the other side of the planet but that's not why we are there. If we are going to stir shit up and ruin peoples lives for our own benefit, then we should take responsibility for the consequences. Not all of them come to the United States anyway, plenty go to the other countries you listed, more so than come to the US actually I believe.
For your last part, saying more so go to other countries than the USA here's a quote from The Wall Street Journal,"Most refugees are referred to the U.S. by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees." So that point is now invalid. Secondly, don't even try to say that we stir shit up for our own benefit. Don't you think the world would be a lot more peaceful if we didn't get The World Trade Centers bombed? Because I do. If that didn't happen war would've been delayed (Obviously it would've happened sooner or later, this was just the straw that broke the camel's back) and if it was delayed, who knows how different things would've been. Also, do you honestly think that we are benefiting from sending our soldiers into these countries and spending hundreds of billions of dollars per year on military purchase, upgrade and military upkeep? And you say we do this for our benefit, The reason we fought in the Vietnam war was to prevent the spread of communism. There were no foreign policy gains, there were no military gains, there were no social gains. The only gain was to a small group of industrialist who benefited from the military industrial complex. It was a loss in all respects for America, so we are the world's peacekeepers. Yes we benefit from some wars, but that's because we CHOOSE our wars. We don't just say "Oh hey, Saudi Arabia has a lot of oil, lets completely destroy their government and take them over to monopolize the world's oil industry."

And lastly... huh? I don't get what you mean.

The world is a dangerous place. Not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

-Albert Einstein

Posted Image

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:

What I mean is that US Armed forces have a certain reputation, well, outside USA off-course, when it comes to civilian casualties.  Wherever, you have intervened, the outcome has been worst than before you were there. The last success was what..Korea? After that, it's just been hundreds of thousands of dead civilians, countries completely wrecked, and their populations not v. happy about it and the extreme situation leading to extremists. So my point is related to your sentence that you'd rather fight at the source than debate, but, you are the source itself, your intervention is the source, death of thousands of civilians due to your direct action is part of the source.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:

What I mean is that US Armed forces have a certain reputation, well, outside USA off-course, when it comes to civilian casualties.  Wherever, you have intervened, the outcome has been worst than before you were there. The last success was what..Korea? After that, it's just been hundreds of thousands of dead civilians, countries completely wrecked, and their populations not v. happy about it and the extreme situation leading to extremists. So my point is related to your sentence that you'd rather fight at the source than debate, but, you are the source itself, your intervention is the source, death of thousands of civilians due to your direct action is part of the source.

Death of a thousand civilians due to my direct actions? So if I kill a terrorist about to detonate an IED that will kill 5 soldiers and wound 4, you are saying that I really just killed a thousand civilians?

-Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:

Death of a thousand civilians due to my direct actions? So if I kill a terrorist about to detonate an IED that will kill 5 soldiers and wound 4, you are saying that I really just killed a thousand civilians?

I'll answer you in three parts:

1. Death of a thousand civilians due to my direct actions?

Not you alone, but combined. Not saying you would, but chances are you may, unintentionally. 

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/ > Go there, play with the stats. 

http://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/costs/human/civilians

Key Findings
There have been approximately 165,000 Iraqi civilians killed by direct violence since the US invasion.

The actual number of civilians killed by direct and indirect war violence is unknown but likely much higher – in the hundreds of thousands.

The fighting continues and life-threatening damage to Iraqi health care and other infrastructure has not been repaired: civilians are still dying in significant numbers.

http://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/costs/human/civilians/iraqi

No one knows with certainty how many people have been killed and wounded in Iraq since the 2003 United States invasion. However, we know that approximately 165,000 civilians have died from direct war related violence caused by the US, its allies, the Iraqi military and police, and opposition forces from the time of the invasion through April 2015. The violent deaths of Iraqi civilians have occurred through aerial bombing, shelling, gunshots, suicide attacks, and fires started by bombing.

Because not all war-related deaths have been recorded accurately by the Iraqi government and the US-led coalition, the 165,000 figure for civilians killed from 2003 to 2015 is lower than the actual figure.  

It is unknown how many Iraqi civilians have been wounded in the war, though one report states that as many civilians have been wounded as killed.

At least twice as many Iraqi civilians may have died as an indirect result of the war, due to damage to the systems that provide food, health care and clean drinking water, and as a result, illness, infectious diseases, and malnutrition that could otherwise have been avoided or treated.  

----

2. What are you doing there? Invading? you're there forcefully, nobody asked you to go there, you're not wanted there, nor you're welcome there. Reverse the roles and imagine, some coutnry comes, invades you from 10k km away, imposes their brand of governance, and tells you to do what it says or get shot. What would you do? 'Yessir' ? No, I dont think anyone with an iota of self dignity would let any foreigner come to there land and tell them what do. 

And that's just Iraq. 

3. Who said the only shooting you'd be doing is killing terrorists setting up IEDs? Dont think they let you pick and choose and gone are the days you're going to be fighting a standing professional army? You'd go occupy some place and so probably fight in population centers, thats the battleground of your choosing, no one else's. You're there 10,000 km away from your home. 

No disrespect intended in anyway, I can only respect true warriors who want to fight for the cause they believe in. But, do research on the whole 'cause' because we're still looking for nukes in Iraq and no matter the amount of respect, hundreds of thousands of civilians are dead, that's the brutal truth, and wehter you want to be the enabler or instrument, that's up to you offcourse. 

Now, this is just my opinion, maybe right, maybe wrong, but the number of dead civilians due to invasion are FACTs. I just think countries should mind their own business. 

Politicians in United States today are ASHAMED to be associated with Iraq war. It's a political liability. Your own leadership. Everyone outside select few know it's been big disaster, an utter failure. So many BRAVE lives lost, So much hard earned tax money wasted, for the war that is a source of shame now for the very people who started it. 

Now, regarding Madrassahs in Afghanistan. 

You know there should be a rule, Politicians should enroll their kin first for the war they vote on before sending the kids of others. Then, see how many wars are started. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630

Having a father and many relatives who immigrated to the US I would obviously rather not see the US keep out fellow humans.

What I find most alarming is how many seem to be bowing to fear and allowing it to influence their actions. The whole point of terrorism is to create and use fear to help further an agenda and we (the whole world not just the US) allow that to dictate our actions even when those actions are counter to what we know to be right. Fear blinds us and limiting immigration is just another means for us to turn a deaf ear to the issues while only adding to the animosity.

I'm not about to let fear and the actions of a select few dictate my actions. I will not surrender to them.

My two cents...

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:
No one said we were kicking out legal immigranys, as long as your family and the people you know were legal, then welcome to America. If not, then leave and don't come back, not being rude, just truthful

-Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
As far as immigrants go, some of the best people I served with were immigrants that got their citizenship through the military. The pride those guys have for a country they weren't raise in is incredible.

Beyond that, I met one of these refugees at the mall play area while our kids were playing. I feel since it's the topic alot are discussing I should share the story. I have my opposiion towards bringing a mass amount of immigrants from war torn countries over. A mass amount. Do I believe we should help? Yes. It's in our human nature to care for one another. But it's our duty to protect one another. I believe to do that we need alot better background checks. If we can't 100% decide who you are, where you come from, etc, sorry. That's life. It ain't fair but you aren't coming over. And absolutely no single males. Sorry not sorry. If you are of military age and fit for service. Get your ass up and protect what is yours. I have no pity for men who can do something and run from it, allowing their own countrymen to die. Now to families. Those are who i believe we should bring over. Women, kids, and fathers. While i believe men should defend their country when that type of situation arises, a child doesnt deserve to be without a father. A wife doesnt deserve to lose a husband. If their background is clear, let them come. This immigrant i met was a Turkish born citizen. Moved to Syria and moved back to Turkey from the war. Turkey, in turn, classified him a refugee and the USA took him in. Beyond that, they took his wife and two kids in. HE had nothing but good things to say about the US. Beyond that, he was in Texas. A place stereotypes would say is very discriminatory towards anyone. (Not true.) He asked about how he could get Healthcare for his sons. I told him. Texas offers 100% free Healthcare for kids, even if you aren't covered. He asked about the culture. He had only been here for 2 months and was still learning. I told him the differences. If you see the bottom of someone's shoe, it isn't intentally trying to insult you. Things like that. After talking to him, I went from "no refugees" to the mentally I stated above. Some may not agree, and that's fine. That's the beautiful thing about America. We all have different opinions and can freely state it. Don't insult people for their opinions, even if you think they're 1000% asinine and outrageous. Admire their right to do it.

And Shah, as a service member who has lost some brothers in that war. As a service member who lost some brothers from the scars they bring home. I just ask that you not try to paint us as war mongering barbarians attacking a defenceless country. I don't want to dwell on this too much because I'm hoping I got the message wrong, but it hit me in an uncomfortable spot.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:

As for the Muslim issue..... It is all Muslims hes trying to get rid of. He's doing it to "get rid of the terrorists", but he wants to deport them and then refuse to take any from that entire region of the world. Personally I have no issue with a stricter immigration process for people coming from a region of conflict, but deporting people for their race is 100% racist.
 As for the Muslim issue... It is NOT all Muslims he's trying to get rid of... http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/24/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-election-2016/ "His spokeswoman Hope Hicks first told CNN late last month that Trump supported banning Muslims from terror states, not all Muslims, as he had said in December. Those comments came after Trump suggested he would allow a Scottish Muslim to enter the US under his latest proposal." (direct quote from the article) So I'm not gonna entertain the rest of that paragraph, especially the racist part.

The "not our problem" argument doesn't only apply to America OR only Muslims... In fact, it doesn't apply at all. You act like America is only the bad guy in every conflict and no matter what happens in the East it is 100% America's fault no question, no discussion. America did not make people have radical ideas that made them create a separate state of insanity. And if you think it is America's fault then do you think that every radical idea ever is because of America? Because based on what you said, ISIS is killing people because of OUR involvement which is just as insane as ISIS in the first place. And if you are a "bleeding heart" type that supports great power, great responsibility then why don't we pressure England, China, Japan, or India to take in these refugees and fight ISIS and pretty much all of the middle east at the same time? Lastly, not only America has gotten into this mess, but so has The United States, France, Germany, Britain, Italy, Australia and the Netherlands even. All have vowed more action on the Islamic States, so do you accuse them of doing this to Syria and other once great but now in shambles countries? Didn't really think so...

Okay, now this. Let me give you some food for thought real quick, do you think it would be possible for these so called "greedy asshats" to take advantage if there weren't illegals in the first place? No. That's like saying "well it's the leaders fault for punishing these people for crime" but what if there was no crime in this theoretical world? Then there would be no harsh punishments. Just like how if there were no illegals, none would be "taken advantage" of. So that's that.

For your last part, saying more so go to other countries than the USA here's a quote from The Wall Street Journal,"Most refugees are referred to the U.S. by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees." So that point is now invalid. Secondly, don't even try to say that we stir shit up for our own benefit. Don't you think the world would be a lot more peaceful if we didn't get The World Trade Centers bombed? Because I do. If that didn't happen war would've been delayed (Obviously it would've happened sooner or later, this was just the straw that broke the camel's back) and if it was delayed, who knows how different things would've been. Also, do you honestly think that we are benefiting from sending our soldiers into these countries and spending hundreds of billions of dollars per year on military purchase, upgrade and military upkeep? And you say we do this for our benefit, The reason we fought in the Vietnam war was to prevent the spread of communism. There were no foreign policy gains, there were no military gains, there were no social gains. The only gain was to a small group of industrialist who benefited from the military industrial complex. It was a loss in all respects for America, so we are the world's peacekeepers. Yes we benefit from some wars, but that's because we CHOOSE our wars. We don't just say "Oh hey, Saudi Arabia has a lot of oil, lets completely destroy their government and take them over to monopolize the world's oil industry."

And lastly... huh? I don't get what you mean.

So you won't even consider an argument because his spokeperson (who is paid to cover his ass when he says stupid shit) says that he now supports something different than THE WORDS THAT CAME OUT OF HIS MOUTH. Cool bro, tell me more about how hes a straight talker and says what he means. Tell me more about how honest he is. Tell me more about how he isn't racist.

Oh other countries aren't helping people? http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34131911 Tell me more about your informed opinion on this issue. The U.S. hasn't helped create the radical islamist groups? "The director of the National Security Agency under Ronald Reagan, General William Odom recently remarked, “by any measure the U.S. has long used terrorism. In 1978-79 the Senate was trying to pass a law against international terrorism – in every version they produced, the lawyers said the U.S. would be in violation.”" http://www.globalresearch.ca/america-created-al-qaeda-and-the-isis-terror-group/5402881 

You're right, if there weren't illegals they wouldn't take advantage by hiring them. They would just do what so many other corporations have done and relocate their workforce to Asia so they can pay them next to nothing. Taking away one thing that they are taking advantage of doesn't fix the problem because as long as they can take advantage to line their pockets, they will. Corporations are the biggest reason for the current state of our economy.

You fail to see my point. The country as a whole does not benefit. However those in power and their friends benefit immensely. We are securing oil interests in the middle east, we created a war so that Halliburton and other military contractors could make millions upon millions of dollars on the conflict. Would the world be better off with the world trade centers not being attacked? Of course it would. The world would also be better off if we hadn't funded these very terrorist groups in the first place in an effort to fight against Russia during the cold war. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_assistance_to_Osama_bin_Laden

Case rested. You are free to disagree, it is, at least for the moment unless Trump gets elected, a "free" country. You can choose to believe that those points are not important to you, and if that is the case then so be it, vote in the interest of what IS important to you. Please do not try to argue against the reality of the situation.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:

So you won't even consider an argument because his spokeperson (who is paid to cover his ass when he says stupid shit) says that he now supports something different than THE WORDS THAT CAME OUT OF HIS MOUTH. Cool bro, tell me more about how hes a straight talker and says what he means. Tell me more about how honest he is. Tell me more about how he isn't racist.
No I won't consider it because people opinions change, weird how stuff can happen like that, isn't it? And you can't say what is, and isn't reality. Also, I'd really love to hear where I said that other countries were 100% not helping AT ALL, if you can't find where I said that then please don't try to use it as an argument. And I don't really care if corporations outsource their warehouses and everything, if anything they are giving jobs to an impoverished people.

And as ccbal said, Islam isn't a race so how about YOU give ME info on how he is positively without a doubt racist, thinking white Americans are superior to anyone else to ever walk the face of the Earth, please and thanks. And oh god, not another Wikipedia conspiracy theory about Bin Laden having secret training by the CIA. But honestly, do you genuinely think that the USA who the only one who funded them or any other group ever? And they weren't necessarily a terrorist group, they were mujahideen freedom fighters, doing Jihadist work which now has a nasty connotation.

And you fail to see my point on the whole topic, all I'm trying to say is that America isn't the only one to blame when everything goes wrong, and we shouldn't have to be a "breeding ground" for illegals and we shouldn't get all these refugees when there are over 75 other well off countries other than America. Am I saying we are perfect and everybody else is wrong? No. America isn't perfect no person, country, idea, or religion is, nobody is completely wrong either. I just wish America wouldn't get so much shit in the news and just from other countries in general when we are seriously trying, not as hard as we could mind you, but we are trying with what resources (candidates and other politicians) we have.

that's all I'm going to say because I'm tired, have school tomorrow, and need my sleep. 

-Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:

If he wants to change his mind he can come out and change his mind and I have no issue. However, he didn't. His spoke person spun a story to cover his ass because thats what they are paid to do. Those corporations are giving away "our jobs". How do you suddenly not care?

Middle Eastern is a race. He wants to deport middle eastern people because of where they are from (the middle east). Would you like to know more? 

If you want to say hes doing it based on religion then he discriminating based on religion which is against our constitution, you know, that document you would be swearing to uphold and protect if you went into the armed services?

So you read the link not the article, cool. That's a good way to now that you don't actually care to discuss, you are just going to dispute because you believe the load of shit hes trying to sell. My point wasn't anything to do with any training that may or may not have happened. My point was that the United States gave them weapons (stingers and other weapons). That is an indisputable fact. Those same stingers have been used against us. Indisputable fact.

I haven't blamed the United States for everything, but we are largely to blame for the shit that goes down over there. Israel does plenty as well. Absolving ourselves of all blame is what  you are trying to do just because we aren't entirely to blame, which is not fair to the lives ruined by the greedy jackasses in power.

As for the United states doing more than all those other countries http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/09/world/welcome-syrian-refugees-countries/ Please show me where I'm wrong, oh wait don't bother. No point in posting here, you've made your mind up and aren't interested in the facts. 

As for the bad rap that the U.S. gets with the rest of the world, its because of what our government does and the uneducated views of many of our citizens who still believe the "America is the greatest country in the world" plug. Its the refusal to consider other points of view and the consequences of our actions.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588787
  • Souls Baptized:1,580,425
  • Discord ID:LordSunday

Though I understand what you're both saying, my question to you Chap is how do you expect Hillary - who has made millions on millions off the political system staying as is - will try to beckon any change? Her and Bill are getting off free and happy while they line their pockets with a sold-off America to any company or organization that wants to pay their foundation millions on millions of dollars.

If you're avidly against Trump because you believe he's a liar, then please do not vote for one who has pathological lying syndrome (my own created phrase :P) much worse than he possibly ever would.

Swallowed First Nuke 3/25/16

Launched First Nuke 7/30/17

Launched First WRC-Tipped Nuke 7/20/18

:smoke: Was retired, now keeping busy  :smoke:

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

LordSunday, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:

As far as immigrants go, some of the best people I served with were immigrants that got their citizenship through the military. The pride those guys have for a country they weren't raise in is incredible.
Beyond that, I met one of these refugees at the mall play area while our kids were playing. I feel since it's the topic alot are discussing I should share the story. I have my opposiion towards bringing a mass amount of immigrants from war torn countries over. A mass amount. Do I believe we should help? Yes. It's in our human nature to care for one another. But it's our duty to protect one another. I believe to do that we need alot better background checks. If we can't 100% decide who you are, where you come from, etc, sorry. That's life. It ain't fair but you aren't coming over. And absolutely no single males. Sorry not sorry. If you are of military age and fit for service. Get your ass up and protect what is yours. I have no pity for men who can do something and run from it, allowing their own countrymen to die. Now to families. Those are who i believe we should bring over. Women, kids, and fathers. While i believe men should defend their country when that type of situation arises, a child doesnt deserve to be without a father. A wife doesnt deserve to lose a husband. If their background is clear, let them come. This immigrant i met was a Turkish born citizen. Moved to Syria and moved back to Turkey from the war. Turkey, in turn, classified him a refugee and the USA took him in. Beyond that, they took his wife and two kids in. HE had nothing but good things to say about the US. Beyond that, he was in Texas. A place stereotypes would say is very discriminatory towards anyone. (Not true.) He asked about how he could get Healthcare for his sons. I told him. Texas offers 100% free Healthcare for kids, even if you aren't covered. He asked about the culture. He had only been here for 2 months and was still learning. I told him the differences. If you see the bottom of someone's shoe, it isn't intentally trying to insult you. Things like that. After talking to him, I went from "no refugees" to the mentally I stated above. Some may not agree, and that's fine. That's the beautiful thing about America. We all have different opinions and can freely state it. Don't insult people for their opinions, even if you think they're 1000% asinine and outrageous. Admire their right to do it.
And Shah, as a service member who has lost some brothers in that war. As a service member who lost some brothers from the scars they bring home. I just ask that you not try to paint us as war mongering barbarians attacking a defenceless country. I don't want to dwell on this too much because I'm hoping I got the message wrong, but it hit me in an uncomfortable spot.

I will never try to disrespect soldiers on the Frontline. Never, my apologies if it came that way, my frustration is with the politicians and policymakers and what has become the outcome of war is a total and utter quagmire. You are here to present your views but there is no one here to empathize for people who have collectivly suffered, simply, alot more than anyone of us here. I do not think any one of us can even imagine that scale of suffering as none of us have really experienced the loss of entire families, neighborhoods, cities and country. They are the ones with no voice here, they are the other victims of war besides the soldiers who put everything on the line.  You can, never, ever fault soldiers on the front for the mess being cooked by politicians. 

My grandfather, father, both have been service members, my grandfather lost, literally everything in the war, including most of his family, who would have been my uncles, people I never saw, met or know but all I know were they too were 'family', lost somewhere, no where to be found, with no records and no one to tell their story or speak for them. This was during WW2 on the Burmese front vs Empire of Japan. Perhaps, this is why I tend to be very critical of any war and raise alternate view points that someone else will not tell you and I hope, you dont take offense from it, but understand that there is another narrative too and that in the end, you and these silent others have, made the ultimate sacrifices and there are people who have misused these sacrifices, namely, some of the politicians, in Iraq and United States. People are pawn to not all, but many of them. 

Has anyone been held accountable for the mess?  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users