Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How to save money on your Time Warner Bill

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
  • Squadron:Kilo
Getting tired of Time Warner Cable jacking up your rates or you simply want to pay less for the same service? Here is how you can save money on your monthly bill. It is very easy to do and only takes about 15-20 minutes. Call them up and tell them you are cancelling your service. You are not actually going to cancel (unless you really want to), but you tell them you are unless they can give you a better deal. This is what I just did to lower my monthly rate. Follow the steps I list below. Remember, be polite but firm in dealing with negotiating.

1. Have your monthly bill on hand and any other promotional offers from other companies. Verizon FIOS, Dish Network, Direct TV, etc... Also, check what offer new customers are getting for your Package/Bundle through Time Warner. Your rate might be $110 a month, but new customers are getting the same package for $90 a month.

2. Call TWC at 1-800-892-4357. It is an automated line, when asked what you want say "Cancel Service". When the system asks, do you want to reduce service say "Disconnect". You will then be transferred to a Representative who can authorize adjusting your bill.

3. When they answer they will ask for your name and a call back number. Say "Hello, how are you doing today?" Remember, these are real people so it helps to be polite and show interest in them.

4. They will ask what they can help you with today. You reply, "I would like to cancel my service with Time Warner. But before I cancel, I was wondering how can you help me keep the current rate I have, or offer me a promotional rate? Because I don't feel I should be paying more since I’m not getting faster service or better service and I don’t feel the new rate is justified. It costs too much and I have found a better deal elsewhere.

5. They may ask what better deal(s) you have found. This is where you tell them about the offers you have received in the mail or saw online or on TV.

6. If they try to offer you a reduced package, say "I'm sorry but I am not interested in a reduction in my services because I can get a better deal with (Insert Company Name). They may also try to up sell you to a higher package, avoid falling into this trap! Unless of course you want a higher package but at a heavily reduced rate (remember, have their promotional new customer rates on hand)

7. This is where they usually offer you some form of a promotional rate. If this offer isn't close to the promotional rate new customers are getting say, "Why can’t I have a good promotional rate since I have been a loyal customer for roughly X years. I feel I should be rewarded with a lower rate given my loyalty in sticking with Time Warner." If they give you a better offer, or refuse to give you anything better say "So is this offer the best you can do for me?
I am disappointed and I really liked my service with Time Warner and don't want to switch companies."

8. They will usually give you a better offer, however if they fail to give you a better deal say "If you can't get me a better deal. Would you be willing to give me an extension of the promotion I started with?" This is essentially saying I have a package for $100 a month guaranteed for 12 months. After those 12 months are up it goes up + $120 a month. You are asking to extend that promotional $100 a month guaranteed for 12 months, to $100 a month guaranteed for 24 months. Even if they have already offered you a good deal for 12 months and you want to take it, still ask if you can get that same deal for 24 months. Otherwise you will have to do this whole conversation over again in 1 year in an attempt to lower your rate. I would personally like to only have to do this every 2 years instead of every year.

9. And remember, you do not have to take any deal they offer you now! If you want some time to think about it, tell them "I would like to think about it. Can you please make a note in my account with the offer you gave me for when I call back? And can I also have your name?"

I personally was able to save $25 a month (which equals $300 a year!) All because of a 15 minute phone call. I only have an internet package so my savings aren't very impressive compared to someone with a TV, Internet, and Phone package. The larger the package you have, the more you can get taken off your bill. I have heard of some people getting $35-$50 cut from their bill.

All of Time Warner Packages with new customer pricing is found here. Adjust what package you have using the boxes to find out how much new customers are paying for the same service you have.

Another thing you can do is buy your own modem and not use the one TWC gave you. Time Warner charges $10 a month for renting their modem. You can buy your own from this compatible list and save yourself $10 a month. I bought a D-Link DCM301 that can support speeds up to 100 Mbps for $40.00. 4 months later, it paid for itself!

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630

FYI most of the increases in pricing for cable doesn't go to the company, it pays for the ever increasing fees to the franchises that want more money every time their contract is up for negotiation. When ever they are up for negotiation they see how many more customers the cable companies have gained and decided that that means they deserve more money regardless if those customers even watch their networks. That is also why some cable companies have programming that others don't. After a certain point they simply wont shell out for their channels when they want too much.

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

FYI most of the increases in pricing for cable doesn't go to the company

You are not wrong but you are not quite right. Time Warner, Comcast, and Verizon all price gouge whenever they want. If you look at internet cost specifically you can see this. The overhead for internet is almost nothing and shares the same infrastructure as the cable itself. The infrastructure itself was to be improved and put into place from a massive "grant" from US government; oddly enough six months after we all shelled out to fix things up all three companies complained that they needed more money to upgrade their network and did price hikes all at the same time. So yes you are correct that the Networks all arrange a minimum that the cable companies have to pay, a large portion of the bill is because they can charge that much and get away with it. 

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004
Every 2 years I threaten Comcast with cancellation, and every 2 years they come up with a reason say "Oh, well, we can offer you this to stay" and I say OK.
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
I just cut the cable and use the internet. It sucks when there are some nice new shows and the internet (Netflix, Hulu, etc) are a little delayed on those shows. Still, saves me a decent amount.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004
I have a toddler and a technologically challenged mother-in-law. If I can't get Disney Junior on stat at times its meltdown time.

Otherwise I'd so cut the cord.
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

I have a toddler and a technologically challenged mother-in-law. If I can't get Disney Junior on stat at times its meltdown time.

Netflix has an impressive lineup of children's programming. You might want to check that out if you are seeking freedom from cable

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

Every 2 years I threaten Comcast with cancellation, and every 2 years they come up with a reason say "Oh, well, we can offer you this to stay" and I say OK.

This is what I do with my internet. Screw cable. Haven't had that in years. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Netflix has an impressive lineup of children's programming. You might want to check that out if you are seeking freedom from cable

I definitely can attest to that. I haven't had cable for about 2 years, and I solely use Netflix. Everything else I find it online to watch.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630

Just to ruin things for you Hulu is owned by comcast and time warner along with a couple others as a joint venture...

Comcast was trying to buy netflix after the time warner acquisition fell through but don't think it got anywhere.

Not that it matters as Netflix anymore seems content on taking our money to produce their own shows while continuously dropping shows from their lineup as they refuse to pay for them so they continuously self produce crap

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
It is unfortunate Netflix wants to phase out content. I do miss the days when they had a much larger library. Very few blockbuster movies get added, while they instead choose to add tons of B movies filled with no name actors. Not saying its all bad, I've watched some hidden gems and some great foreign films.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Got pissed off at Comcast last week.  When we bought our new house and moved a year ago we had to transfer our service and when we did we weren't allowed to move our "plan" or whatever they want to call it, thus the new options they had to match what he had before was like $20 more a month.  Well it was more then that til 3 calls later after threatening to leave they knocked it down to $20 more and gave me boost internet for free.

Lately I noticed that downloading games on my PS4 seemed to be a lot slower so I did a speed test and saw I was down to like 20-25 mbps.  I pulled up my last statement and saw not only did my rate jump $30, my boost internet was gone.  My wife is usually the one to pay the bills so I hadn't noticed the price difference and she didn't really pay attention I guess. So I said fuck it, called them up saying I wanted to cancel my service(wasn't really planning on it)....and after 25 minutes I had my price back down to where it was along with my internet speeds back of 200-250 mbps.  

All you gotta do is bitch and threaten to leave and they'll cave to keep you as a customer.  I get a lot for amount I pay...and the moment I don't is the moment I'll take a competing companies offer.  I never get locked into contracts so I have the ability to tell them where to shove it if need be.

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users