Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Damn Thieves

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Pretty sure either Fedex delivered my monitor to the wrong house and the people decided to not bring it to me, or someone swiped my new monitor off my porch.  Fedex claims it was delivered...yet it wasn't on my porch when I got home.  Asked neighbors beside me and across from me if they had seen it or got delivered to their house by mistake.  Yet none says it was.

Beyond pissed, as you would think something of value would require a signature to begin with.  I'm betting it's my punk ass neighbors across the street.  

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441
  • Squadron:Kilo

only option is to get yer guns out

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
FedEx just leaves stuff on the porch? No signature required? What kind of Mickey Mouse shit is this?

I'm fairly cerain they can't just leave stuff there, you should go through their TOS.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

samudragupta

samudragupta

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,521 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:549784
  • Souls Baptized:8,837,927
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:psycho knight

my friend got delivered cheap Chinese duplicate of Sennheiser headset by Amazon

In the end, we got to know the delivery boy duped amazon of millions

he is still waiting for his original headset

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

If you really think someone stole your package there is way to catch the person. If your house has a window within the view of your doorstep, set up a video camera inside and set a bait package outside your doorstep. Pick a box that is small/medium in size, but clearly marked as normally contain a very expensive item. Put some junk inside and tape up the box to make it look like authentic mail. With some luck, whoever stole your package will return upon seeing another tempting/expensive package.

Kind of a shot in the dark but it might pay off.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

FedEx just leaves stuff on the porch? No signature required? What kind of Mickey Mouse shit is this?

I'm fairly cerain they can't just leave stuff there, you should go through their TOS.

I thought the same thing, but when I built my computer, they literally left it all on my porch without a signature and I wasn't home.  Luckily nothing was stolen, as the parts were around $2k.  The difference with those however is they were in a newegg carboard box...people wouldn't know what was in them.  The monitor however, would likely just be the cardboard box the monitor comes in, thus it would have a picture of it and obviously know whats in it.  That is at least how my last monitor I bought came.  

I don't know if Newegg has some signed release with Fedex to not need signature or something.  I would assume if they do, then it's newegg's problem and should have to eat the cost.  Newegg filed a claim with Fedex (I did as well), which takes 7-10 days supposedly so we'll see what happens following that.  If newegg wants to keep me as a buyer they certainly will correct this either way.  Fact a $300 item doesn't need a signature is beyond me

If you really think someone stole your package there is way to catch the person. If your house has a window within the view of your doorstep, set up a video camera inside and set a bait package outside your doorstep. Pick a box that is small/medium in size, but clearly marked as normally contain a very expensive item. Put some junk inside and tape up the box to make it look like authentic mail. With some luck, whoever stole your package will return upon seeing another tempting/expensive package.

Spoke with my brother-in-law who has bought a few cameras and he sent me a link to them.  Relatively cheap compared to some online and he said they work pretty good.  Work off wifi and all the footage is saved to the cloud.  Thinking about buying one for porch and one for inside my house.  Can set them up for when to run, or capture when motion is detected.  

I may look to do as you mentioned to and see if I can catch someone in the act again.  I have me old monitor box still, may use that and just put something in it heavy to make them feel like there's something inside.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
I don't know. We have all sorts of stuff delivered to our office and it's usually me who signs for them, and I have to sign for EVERYTHING. If they can't find the addressee, they call/email him. I don't live in the US, so I don't know what the deal is there, but I would demand FedEx to show me the delivery form, with my alleged signature. If they do not, I would file a complaint with the authorities

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

I thought the same thing, but when I built my computer, they literally left it all on my porch without a signature and I wasn't home.  Luckily nothing was stolen, as the parts were around $2k.  The difference with those however is they were in a newegg carboard box...people wouldn't know what was in them.  The monitor however, would likely just be the cardboard box the monitor comes in, thus it would have a picture of it and obviously know whats in it.  That is at least how my last monitor I bought came.  

I don't know if Newegg has some signed release with Fedex to not need signature or something.  I would assume if they do, then it's newegg's problem and should have to eat the cost.  Newegg filed a claim with Fedex (I did as well), which takes 7-10 days supposedly so we'll see what happens following that.  If newegg wants to keep me as a buyer they certainly will correct this either way.  Fact a $300 item doesn't need a signature is beyond me

Spoke with my brother-in-law who has bought a few cameras and he sent me a link to them.  Relatively cheap compared to some online and he said they work pretty good.  Work off wifi and all the footage is saved to the cloud.  Thinking about buying one for porch and one for inside my house.  Can set them up for when to run, or capture when motion is detected.  

I may look to do as you mentioned to and see if I can catch someone in the act again.  I have me old monitor box still, may use that and just put something in it heavy to make them feel like there's something inside.  

I highly recommend trying that. Even if you don't catch whoever allegedly stole it, it is still a nice investment having improved security in your home.

Any chance you have the actual Serial Number of the monitor you just bought? Because even if the police catch the person who allegedly stole it, it is very difficult to regain stolen property unless you can prove you are the original owner, hence why you should always record all the Serial Numbers of all the electronics/other expensive items in your house.

A former police officer told me about a time when a police department worked in coordination with a local pawn shop to catch burglars and thieves. The police officers worked undercover at the shop and built a database off all the items they suspected as being stolen. After a month of work they stopped the undercover operation and they compared the allegedly stolen merchandise with reports homeowners and other people made of stolen items. You could probably estimate that almost 95% of those items pawned, matched up perfectly to their former owners. There is just one problem, only a handful of people had recorded the Serial Numbers on their property, and provided them to the police. Those people got all their stuff back. Everyone else who could not produce a Serial Number was out of luck. The police had to give back an absurd amount of stolen property to the pawn shop (and in essence the thieves) due to the former owner not recording a Serial Number.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004
Call Newegg. Tell them that fedex says it was delivered and you say you never got it. They'll do the legwork. Newegg's customer service is good this way - I had a SSD disappear and they replaced it.
Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

I don't know. We have all sorts of stuff delivered to our office and it's usually me who signs for them, and I have to sign for EVERYTHING. If they can't find the addressee, they call/email him. I don't live in the US, so I don't know what the deal is there, but I would demand FedEx to show me the delivery form, with my alleged signature. If they do not, I would file a complaint with the authorities

I think it only happen america lmao

cause in UK, we literally sign for everything too

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Call Newegg. Tell them that fedex says it was delivered and you say you never got it. They'll do the legwork. Newegg's customer service is good this way - I had a SSD disappear and they replaced it.

I spoke with Newegg via their customer chat online.  Basically said all that, and they opened a case with fedex over it.  Now it's just a wait game.  Newegg said they'll ship a new monitor/refund me after the case has concluded...which is 7-10 days which sucks.  Half temped to just ask for a refund and buy another now.  Hopefully Newegg is good about this.  

I think it only happen america lmao

cause in UK, we literally sign for everything too

We sign for a lot here.  With my line of work we get a lot of packages sent to my work, and have to sign for them, though UPS is company mostly used, not Fedex.  I've had packages before where fedex has came and no one was home and they left a note where you could either schedule to come pick it up, or sign the slip and post on the door which gives them permission to leave it without you being there when they try to deliver it the second time.  However this hasn't been the case both times I've bought things from Newegg which leads me to believe Newegg specifically doesn't request someone has to be home (stupid in my opinion for them).  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta
You can set it up that a signature is required, but that isn't their default usually. It is the default when you buy from Apple,but that's the exception. I have had deliveries vanish and the item was always replaced. Definitely contact the vendor.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Well I haven't got any update from Fedex, as I thought the driver was suppose to come back out and make retrace his steps and speak with me.  That being said, I just got an email from newegg for a tracking number for shipment of another monitor which Newegg said they would replace once the claim with Fedex went through (suppose to take 7-10 days).  So not sure if Newegg got a response from them and went ahead and sent another out or what.  

I was hoping to speak to Newegg once claimed went through to have it ship to my work instead and my house...but likely too late now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Good to hear Newegg is shipping another one.

Hopefully no one on your street decides they want a second monitor  ;) 

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Good to hear Newegg is shipping another one.

Hopefully no one on your street decides they want a second monitor  ;)

I know right?  I or my wife might be taking off once I know the day it's expected to arrive to make sure it doesn't.  I bought a camera last night to setup inside my house that I plan on looking out my window at my porch, but won't be here likely before the monitor is

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
Wouldn't be a bad idea to have someone home. If you really wanted to let this mystery play out, you could take the day off, and let the monitor sit out there for awhile. Have it appear that no one is home, but in reality you are watching the front door.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Take that back, i got an email for what looked like that today...yet tracking # was the one used for last one so don't know if something happened and I was randomly an old copy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

So come to find out...it wasn't stolen.

Fedex on monday called me and said they're closing the case, that they couldn't find the package.  They were closing so the buyer could then submit a claim (already had).  So hear from Newegg Wednesday that claim was approved and they shipped out a replacement monitor to arrive later today. 

Well I get home from work last night and on my porch is the monitor.  First thought, it came a day early, but then got up to it and had a note on it.  The monitor had been delivered to the wrong house....and the people of that house were gone on vacation.  The letter read that it had gotten rained on before their neighbor saw it and I guess put it in their house for them.  They got a note on their door where I guess the driver realized he took it there saying of the misdelievery.  Note said they called Fedex to look to return it to them, yet fedex still hasn't come to pick it up, so I guess they said fuck it and brought it over.  

The person didn't leave their name, I only saw it was a woman who dropped it off as I picked it up on my new security camera.  

So not exactly sure what I'm suppose to do.  Fedex already closed the case that they had lost it and couldn't find it, and assume paid newegg for losing it, thus I got a replacement sent to me.  I'm also not entirely sure it will still work if it was in the rain, though the box doesn't show any sign of it being wet.  

Not really trying to rip anyone off, but I also don't want to start a whole headache of what happens now.  I mean i can tell Newegg i got the original but it got rained on and ship it back...but then do they pay Fedex back?  They won't be able to resell it for as much anyway as they're going to have to open box to make sure it still works.  Do I call Fedex and say it was delivered though I am keeping the new one as the first one may not work?  Do I just keep both?

My plan at this point is just to leave the first one (one that got wet) in it's box.  If Fedex hassles the people who dropped it off about getting it back then I can have it

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven

FedEx is going to have to eat the bullet on this one. I work accounting and payables and deal with things like this.

Example: Right now, I'm having to backtrack $34,000 in purchases and my company may very well have to bite the bullet on about $30,000 of that. Why? Because OUR guys didn't turn things in properly.

Same with FedEx here. They didn't deliver properly and that leaves them liable. It isn't taking advantage of anyone really. It's sadly a common thing among industries to have a set reserve aside for liability purposes. I'd say save yourself the headache and wait for the replacement. Otherwise, it'll start a whole new chain of reactions on NewEgg having to redo their numbers, FedEx having to fix there's, you'd have to open a claim for damaged delivery. etc, etc. 

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

I'm self employed, so I am always home when big stuff is delivered, but I have purchased all my computer hardware from Newegg, and they are the most awesome company. So whatever it is, I'm sure they only want to make sure you get your monitor, and you're happy with them. You have already had a bad experience, and if you are happy the way things are right now, just drop the issue as far as you are concerned. If they want to call you, contact you, come by to pick up the monitor... then that's up to them. If you got what you paid for, there is absolutely no reason for you to be inconvenienced any further. Glad this worked out for you. I know it took way too long.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users