Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ironic #MeToo hypocrisy

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

Kind of ironic that one of the more vocal voices against sexual assault in Hollywood got a minor drunk then had sex with him....

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/08/20/asia-argento-played-her-sexual-assault-accusers-mom-in-film-called-him-my-son-my-love-on-social-media.html

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

Hollywood is eating itself

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

This movement with noble origins has become a parody.....

It really had momentum. Shame.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7

it is a darn shame that there are people like her who diminish the movement by being a bad example. I hope the other predators don't use her to discredit the innocent victims.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

It's a darn shame?... Really had momentum?... You guys didn't fall for this did you?

Hollywood, since it's inception, has been in it's own world, doing things their own way, since Mary Pickford slept with a Producer, to get the big part, in the big movie, that he was making. It's been going on since the invention of motion pictures... and they have all played the game. None of them are innocent. Somebody decided that the best way to destroy Trump is to make trading sex for opportunity a crime. So they decided the best way to do that was to turn on each other. They will all destroy themselves in the process.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

This movement with noble origins has become a parody.....

It really had momentum. Shame.

Agreed. It shed light on something important when it began, but quickly got taken too far, and it's now pathetic, petty and hypocritical. It got that way about a month after it started, this doesn't even change anything.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Harvey Weinstein is a pig. He's always been a pig... look at the guy and ask yourself if a woman like Eva Green would ever be seen at the same table, at an event, or even in the guys car if they didn't believe it would help them? He didn't rape anyone. He never had to, and the only reason he's on trial right now is because he can't prove that he didn't. They all deserve each other, and they will all go down together until somebody puts an end to it, because the law just doesn't work this way. Same with the social media crucifixions.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:610507
  • Squadron:Alpha

Jfc you people. "This movement has become a parody" "It's petty and hypocritical"

Because, what, everything can only exist in a binary state of good or bad? Dozens of people come out with evidence that they were assaulted, and with half a dozen others who experienced the same treatment from the same person backing them up, but one of those persons turns out to be an asshole, so clearly every single person even tangentially related is also an asshole? Know the last time I heard that "Well now it's petty and hypocritical" stuff thrown around like that? It was back when people were finally catching on to to the catholic church's fuckwittery "Oh this person speaking out about the church was accused of abuse themselves? See what hypocrites they are!". This shit is sure starting stink the same.

Large institutions with a power imbalance tend to have a problem with sexual assault and rape, because sexual violence is about power and privilege, and how people with them are often in a position to abuse it. People confronting that is not "petty", sunshine is and remains the best disinfectant for corruption in all its forms.

Also lys, your reaching new levels of fuckitude in this thread. Are you kidding me. "Those women deserved to be molested by Harvey Weinstein, they had to know what would happen". You really are a goddamn piece of work sometimes you know that. 

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Also lys, your reaching new levels of fuckitude in this thread. Are you kidding me. "Those women deserved to be molested by Harvey Weinstein, they had to know what would happen". You really are a goddamn piece of work sometimes you know that.

Excuse me Sir. Answering the door of your own house in a bathrobe does not make a sexual assault. Any of these people that are invited to be alone with Harvey knew exactly what it meant, and their agent was probably the one that set it up. I have no idea what went on in any case... and neither do you. What I do know is someone saying that something happened doesn't mean that something happened... and willing participants often turn into sudden victims when they feel like they got a raw deal. The game has been going on forever. It happened to my wife. She could have been a super-model in the '80's, but she refused to play the game.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:

Ya see, repeating it in different words doesn't mean you're not saying that they deserved to be assaulted, and doesn't make what you're saying any less messed up or repellent. 

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Ya see, repeating it in different words doesn't mean you're not saying that they deserved to be assaulted, and doesn't make what you're saying any less messed up or repellent. 

What's messed up is you have bought into this mob rules mentality. Harvey, more than likely, used his position of power in his industry, to gain favor with many actresses. It doesn't mean he's guilty of assault, or guilty of a crime that I know of. I am not in the position, nor do I have sufficient information, to judge the creep. I'll leave that to the court, but if we're convicting people on the word of a gaggle of angry feminists, then every one of us better hunker down, be around no one, and have video evidence on everything we do.

One thing I know for sure... actors make a living by lying to everyone. Morgan Freeman has been God, and the President of the United States. Tom Cruise is a master at stealth and disguise, almost killed Adolf Hitler, and can fly a jet fighter like nobodies business. Sylvester Stallone has been a heavy weight champion, and a screwed up Viet Nam Vet super soldier. These people can easily play the victim to the police, and convince a jury they were tragically assaulted a decade or more ago. When we start believing everything these people say, and convicting people on their word in real life... well, we are in big trouble folks.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:

Lys, when someone uses their position to threaten someone with the destruction of their career or the  loss of employment in order to obtain sexual favours that is not someone "who has used their position to gain favour". That's called "extortion" and "rape" .

But yea no, go on imganignge there some "feminist conspiracy" to discredit weinstein. A bunch of unrelated people all independently decided to ruin him  for shits and giggles. Couldn't possibly just be a rapist. 

Hey wait, we're back to things people said about the whole "The Catholic church is protecting pedophiles" thing.  And shit that was said about Larry Nassar. 

Also seriously, "They're actors therefore they must be lying about being assulted" jfc. 

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Lys, when someone uses their position to threaten someone with the destruction of their career or the loss of employment in order to obtain sexual favours that is not someone "who has used their position to gain favour". That's called "extortion" and "rape" .

You don't know what happened... that's why we have a process. If there is evidence, he will go to prison for what they can prove. Same with the Catholics, same with Bill Cosby, same with Olympic Gymnastic Team Doctors. There are sick disgusting people in this world, and they should be put away, but they are innocent until proven guilty. What I do know is the Democrats lost a major fund raiser, and I do enjoy when any of these over-paid Progressives fall from their ivory towers. Messy splat... each and every one.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:

yea yea, they're actresses, so they could be faking it we don't know, and even if they weren't faking it they totally deserved it anyways. 

You keep saying the same thing lys. 

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I'm pretty certain Harvey's defense attorney will begin with the same question, with every accuser. "Why were you with Harvey Weinstein?" After that one, it just gets ugly for them from there. I'm also pretty sure none of them are angels. All the likes from the socials, and all the me2 mob, will not be there to save them from themselves. It would be great to watch it on TV.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Clearly Lys demands sex from his wife. Cause that is what marriage is, a license to shackle someone to your whims.

Also, Lys just exonerated Bill Clinton.

Yes I went hyperbola, I could even go full circle with an ellipse if you want.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:

I don't do this like ever but I agree w/ Lys. At the same time Random's right too.

Sexual favors are a reality.... everywhere, but at the same time, No one's a saint especially in Hollywood, so this holier than thou mentality goes to shit in this scenario.

The problem with Weinstein is about consent. Plain and simple. He can have sex for favors but forcing yourself over someone is just dead wrong.

However, putting men everywhere on a leash just cuz some dumb Hwood motherfuckers are assholes isn't okay in my book.

Look, we're men. Its natural for us to think w/ our dicks which is why we get into a lot of trouble. Its Evolutionary fuckery w/ us. We won't stop staring at women cuz we can't.

I mean here's the thing. If some women cat called and ogled at my ugly face and body, I'd be real happy bros. I won't mind women checking my ugly face/body out.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
Here’s the gist of my sentiments:

#Meetoo was very useful for pointing out how certain power structures in certain industries/sectors/areas of life are a hotbed of predatory behavior. It is true, that many of these power structures are dominated by rich white men (also known as public enemy no. 1), but let’s be honest:

1, Is anyone really surprised that sexual abuse is widespread in places like the friggin MOVIE INDUSTRY? Anyone with half a brain knew that already, even if sunlight can help somewhat. Why the outrage now, and not before (Woody Allan, Polanski, etc...)?
2, Of course, the whole ordeal turned into a moral panic, because why wouldn’t it? While some guys like Weinstein are obviously dirty as hell, now a single, unproven accusation or awkward date is enough to have someone fired or his career destroyed. As lys poined out, maybe it’s not such a great idea to abandon the “innocent unil proven guilty” principle
3, This entire thing was framed as a gender issue, when in fact (as we can see here) is clearly a power issue. It’s how Homo Sapiens works I’m afraid, give it power, and it will abuse it. We’re a horrible species, but again, this too shouldn’t really come as a surprise to anyone.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:

Clearly Lys demands sex from his wife. Cause that is what marriage is, a license to shackle someone to your whims.

No it isn't. Well It is if you're talking about Abrahamic religions. Women have no say in sex then. 

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:

Gonna wanna sauce that second point cc if you expect anyone to eat it. 

Because when you run down the list of people who've had their employment terminated as a result of this, they're pretty much universtial accused by multiple unrelated people, who gain nothing from making that accusation public and are spread out across lengthy periods of time. And quite a lot of them admit to the conduct.   Cirrincione, Lubin, Hazen, Stein, Lauer, Goodman, Spacey etc. Many of the rest are known shitheels anyways (Andy Dick), or are trying to deny what's been a known, if not publicly acknowledged pattern of behaviour for decades now (Bryan Singer). 

No one has  had their career destroyed by "one awkward date". It's not a witch hunt. It's been a couple dozen rapey bastards in an industry that employs hundreds  of thousands. 

Oh and as for your #3? Yea you bascily just quoted Tarana Burke there. 

".....it will continue to be jarring when we hear the names of some of our faves connected to sexual violence unless we shift from talking about individuals and begin to talk about power. Sexual violence is about power and privilege. That doesn’t change if the perpetrator is your favorite actress, activist or professor of any gender. 

And we won’t shift the culture unless we get serious about shifting these false narratives."

I don't do this like ever but I agree w/ Lys. At the same time Random's right too.

Sexual favors are a reality.... everywhere, but at the same time, No one's a saint especially in Hollywood, so this holier than thou mentality goes to shit in this scenario.

The problem with Weinstein is about consent. Plain and simple. He can have sex for favors but forcing yourself over someone is just dead wrong.

However, putting men everywhere on a leash just cuz some dumb Hwood motherfuckers are assholes isn't okay in my book.

Look, we're men. Its natural for us to think w/ our dicks which is why we get into a lot of trouble. Its Evolutionary fuckery w/ us. We won't stop staring at women cuz we can't.

I mean here's the thing. If some women cat called and ogled at my ugly face and body, I'd be real happy bros. I won't mind women checking my ugly face/body out.

I mean, I can only speak for myself, but i can't say i've ever experienced an uncontrollable urge to exploit a position of authority to coerce someone into performing sexual favors. 

Also do you really think those incidents with Weinstein and similar were some actress going "Hey anything you can do to help me get this role, wink wink"  and have now suddenly decided they want to shit on Weinstein for literally no reason or Weinstein going "You're going to let me do this or I'll make sure you're fired".

Besides, something being commonplace doesn't make it acceptable, and there's jack shit that is OK about a culture where there is the expectation or unspoken requirement to perform sexual favours. 

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users