Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Well the courts are doing something right.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I guess Chris Collins forgot to invoke this magically "insider trading immunity".

In Belgium they recently (read 3y, I think) started asking any politician with a gov seat (lowest being town mayor) to disclose any job (salaried or not) they have BESIDES there political job. Sadly thusfar it is still public shaming (which works) when they either forget or are found to be mooching just a tad to much, but it is something I guess. Also we have a party going for de-cumul, aka 1 person => 1 job, others want to make it kinda restrictive but not total (basically no to a minister + X, but yes to a senator + local parish counclir).

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

I guess Chris Collins forgot to invoke this magically "insider trading immunity".

Chris Collins used his position as a Board Member of the company to alert his son that he was soon to lose his fortune... information a Congressman would not receive. His immunities do not apply here. Once again, you keep taking careful aim, but your pistol just shoots blanks. For the record, given the same choice, I would have done the same thing. Collins had a higher priority to protect his son from financial disaster. I respect that.

Since the recent attacks on my wife, I have a new policy to not feed the trolls. I just couldn't help myself to correct you once again.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

You said immunity, you didn't discuss where they got the info from in the first place. And do they really have such immunity or is this rather a "politicians can do X" statement? Genuine curiosity.

Aren't board members in the US in general prohibited from both divulging and acting on insider knowledge they might receive prior to public acknowledgement? Offcourse I see the desire to act before you or someone close loses money, still the rule got placed there for reasons.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

You said immunity, you didn't discuss where they got the info from in the first place. And do they really have such immunity or is this rather a "politicians can do X" statement? Genuine curiosity.

Aren't board members in the US in general prohibited from both divulging and acting on insider knowledge they might receive prior to public acknowledgement? Offcourse I see the desire to act before you or someone close loses money, still the rule got placed there for reasons.

Every time the Securities and Exchange Commission tries to do anything to anyone in Congress they are halted immediately, saying their employees are "absolutely immune" from having to comply with subpoenas from the SEC. There are laws in place, they really shouldn't use the information to make money, many have refused to, many can't help themselves... but nothing can ever be done to them. There is no mechanism that can get through to punish any of them.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

That is immunity by being a congress member...

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

That is immunity by being a congress member...

Okay, listen up. If I'm a Congressman, and I know a piece of legislation that's coming up for a vote that will increase the value of a stock or piece of land, and I know it is sure to pass... I can go out and buy some of that stock or property, and get rich. There is nothing anyone can do about it.

If I'm a Congressman, and I'm on the Board of Directors of a pharmaceutical company, and I receive a report in advance that a drug the company is testing didn't work out, and I then call my son and tell him to sell all his stock because it's gonna crash... I just committed a crime. Can you see the difference now?

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

First is also public knowledge cause it is publicized. I see no issue...

Think we are talking besides eachother here :D

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users