Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Witcher

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

I have been waiting for this. With Game of Thrones wrapping up next year, I was wondering if anything could fill the black gaping hole of a great adult fantasy hack and slash that would soon be leaving my life. I heard that Netflix was entertaining the idea of bringing The Witcher to the screen about a year ago, and I really thought they would screw it up. Then they got more serious by bringing in Lauren Hissrich to head up the project, and I thought maybe it might happen. Netflix put up a blank page with the title, and I knew for sure they were very serious. They have some awesome Directors on board.

Who would play Geralt of Rivia? I thought the obvious choice would be Zach McGowan from Black Sails, or Joel Kinnaman from Suicide Squad... I mean both these guys have the body, looks, and can kill it with a bad mood, that is so very important for Geralt.

Now I know it is definitely happening, and they chose... Henry Cavill, you know him as Superman!

Okay, I can see it, but I still play The Witcher games to this very day. They better do this right.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/henry-cavill-cast-geralt-of-rivia-the-witcher-netflix-series-fantasy-books-andrzej-sapkowski-1202456451/

https://www.netflix.com/title/80189685

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:610507
  • Squadron:Alpha

Now are they doing the games, or the books. Because the book material was...less amazing.

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

I am excited yet worried at the same time.  

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I'm with Random on this... from what I hear they are following the books. I played the shit outta the games. So, I'm skeptical... but I thank Melitele that SyFy isn't doing it.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
I think my issue is as a huge fan of Witcher i have high hopes. Which the movie will possibly come in lower than my expectations. That's the problem about getting really excited lol

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

It looks like Cavill is out as Superman, so this change makes more sense for him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/warner-bros-not-developing-%E2%80%98superman%E2%80%99-movies-with-henry-cavill-as-priority-shifts-to-%E2%80%98supergirl%E2%80%99/ar-BBNeppV?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

It looks like this Netflix adaptation is taking an early turn to inevitable disaster. Casting Cavill as Geralt was borderline strange to begin with. Henry Cavill is too much of a pretty boy for the role, and I was willing to give it a chance in hope that they see something that I do not. Now in the name of diversity, and Social Justice, they want to cast Cirilla as a BAME, and this is way off the source material, and way off the entire inspiration of the series. The Witcher is inspired and written in the world of medieval Poland, and racism plays an enormous plot point throughout the entire story. Ciri is a white girl with green eyes... period.

Now that this has been so highly publicized, there is no way to repair this blunder of epic proportions. If they change this up now, they will be mercilessly crushed for bending over to the "racist majority". Now they have no choice but to cast Peter Dinklage as a gay Lambert, because in the minds of the unhinged liberal left, there must be a midget gay Witcher represented in the cast. This show is dead before the filming begins.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
Now they have no choice but to cast Peter Dinklage as a gay Lambert

Peter Dinklage is amazing, so id be pretty happy if they cast him in any role 

but yeah a black Ciri makes no sense to me... typical SJW bullshit 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Peter Dinklage is amazing

Completely agree... but a midget gay Lambert? No. There are plenty of dwarven roles in The Witcher, and plenty of opportunity to shine a huge spotlight on racism to get your point across if that's what they want to do. The Scoia'tael is a racist organization primarily created to fight against human racists. It's written in the story.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

GianMirell

GianMirell

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 87 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:614345

they have no choice but to cast Peter Dinklage as a gay Lambert

I died

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
The biggest Witcher fan is here
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

not to sound racist or anything, but im glad they didnt cast a black actress as Ciri

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275

not to sound racist or anything, but im glad they didnt cast a black actress as Ciri

I am calling rafay.

Rafay
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

lol

I dont like who they casted as Yennefer tho... she looks like she is 12 years old... so it will be kinda weird to see her as Henry Cavill's love interest, when she looks like she could easily be his kid

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I haven't been paying attention. Remodeling a bathroom, and the current political climate has me angry... and I don't like writing when I'm angry... but I think this is good news for this show. I still believe Joel Kinnaman would have been the perfect Geralt, but I don't mind any of these new casting decisions. When they get finished with Anya Chalotra, she will fit the part as long as she can nail Yennefer's attitude, and MyAnna Buring is absolutely awesome in everything she does. Thanks for bringing this news to my attention, I needed a smile :)

https://deadline.com/2018/10/the-witcher-netflix-fantasy-drama-series-casts-its-females-leads-ciri-yennefer-1202480106/

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

I haven't been paying attention. Remodeling a bathroom, and the current political climate has me angry... and I don't like writing when I'm angry... but I think this is good news for this show. I still believe Joel Kinnaman would have been the perfect Geralt, but I don't mind any of these new casting decisions. When they get finished with Anya Chalotra, she will fit the part as long as she can nail Yennefer's attitude, and MyAnna Buring is absolutely awesome in everything she does. Thanks for bringing this news to my attention, I needed a smile :)

https://deadline.com/2018/10/the-witcher-netflix-fantasy-drama-series-casts-its-females-leads-ciri-yennefer-1202480106/

She looks like she is 12 lol but then again, all 12 year olds look like adults now once they get all their makeup on, so yeah im sure she will fit the part appearance wise.  Never saw her preform so idk anything about her acting wise and if she can nail Yennefer.  I really liked Cavill in Mission Impossible, he nailed it as a total bad ass, so I have high hopes for him

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I really liked Cavill in Mission Impossible, he nailed it as a total bad ass, so I have high hopes for him

The reason I believe Joel Kinnaman would be the perfect Geralt.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

i really enjoyed that show and im disappointed its getting a new cast and do think he would have been a good choice as well.  

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Netflix just released the a short video of Henry Cavil as Geralt FYI

Idk why but he looks like Legolas and Super Man had a gay love child lol

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Netflix just released the a short video of Henry Cavil as Geralt FYI

Idk why but he looks like Legolas and Super Man had a gay love child lol

:picard: 

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users