Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Samus' morality test #3

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Poll: Morality test #3 (16 member(s) have cast votes)

See question in topic

1. Doing nothing for the sake of your child (9 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

2. Snitching to police (7 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441
  • Squadron:Kilo

Let's play a game

saZp1K.jpg

Your mother was killed in a car accident 20 years ago. However the killer has never been found. Your partner comes to u confessing a dark secret, that they had hit someone 20 years ago, you ask detailed questions and things eventually add up in your head. If you snitch, your partner will get executed. You are also about to have your first child together with said partner. What are you doing?

What would you do and why?

Reply below with what you would do and why?

Guys please try to answer this with your emotions involved too, not with what you think is the most "logical" or "honourable" thing to do.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
My answer falls closer to the Do Nothing, but there are some major concerns that would have to be addressed first. Is my partner a good person at heart who made a horrible mistake? How sorry are they that this happened? Have they suffered immense guilt? As saddened as I am, I deeply hope we could find a way through this and I can forgive them, as no one else needs to die from this.

Sounds like we both live in totalitarian dictatorship where a manslaughter charge warrants an execution, which is something I do not agree with. Therefore it makes zero sense to me to have someone else die for this crime. If it was 15 years or possibly life in prison, then my heart would probably change. But I consider it morally wrong to execute a person unless they are convicted on a 1st or 2nd Degree murder charge.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

While I would tell the police, the odds of my partner actually being executed is low-as it looks like my partner would be willing to confess, which would lead to a plea deal, most likely resulting in a sentence without execution.  But yeah if my partner admits to being a murderer and lying about it for years, Im sorry but what else would they be willing to lie about?  Probably anything, since murder is basically the worst thing you can do.  So yeah, the last thing I would want is to be in a relationship with them, and they need to suffer the consequences of their actions, Especially if the victim of said crime was my family.  So even if we lived in a society where they would still get executed no matter what for murder (which i 100% support btw)  I would still be in favor of going to the police on them.  And the child thing isnt really relevant tbh, the child would still be born, and I would still get custody.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275

While I would tell the police, the odds of my partner actually being executed is low-as it looks like my partner would be willing to confess, which would lead to a plea deal, most likely resulting in a sentence without execution. But yeah if my partner admits to being a murderer and lying about it for years, Im sorry but what else would they be willing to lie about? Probably anything, since murder is basically the worst thing you can do. So yeah, the last thing I would want is to be in a relationship with them, and they need to suffer the consequences of their actions, Especially if the victim of said crime was my family. So even if we lived in a society where they would still get executed no matter what for murder (which i 100% support btw) I would still be in favor of going to the police on them. And the child thing isnt really relevant tbh, the child would still be born, and I would still get custody.

This..
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
Here is the thing, an accidental killing isn't legally considered murder, it's manslaughter. At least in the US it is. Even hit and run cases are rarely charged as murder as the Prosecution has an almost impossible job of proving the driver intentially ran that person down, when all evidence points to it being an accident.

Obviously different countries possess a wide interpretation of what constitutes intential murder and accidental death. But I for one do not see this scenario as your partner is a murderer.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Here is the thing, an accidental killing isn't legally considered murder, it's manslaughter. At least in the US it is. Even hit and run cases are rarely charged as murder as the Prosecution has an almost impossible job of proving the driver intentially ran that person down, when all evidence points to it being an accident.

Obviously different countries possess a wide interpretation of what constitutes intential murder and accidental death. But I for one do not see this scenario as your partner is a murderer.

this sounds like it would be treated as vehicular homicide considering it was also a hit and run. vehicular homicide does not require intent. so yeah it wouldn't be homicide with intent (which is why i do not see a death penalty being an actual factor here)

however, there is also nothing stating it was an accident.  based on what Samus said it could have been intentional or caused by alcohol or drugs, in which case she would be a murderer.

Your partner comes to u confessing a dark secret, that they had hit someone 20 years ago, you ask detailed questions and things eventually add up in your head.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
I guess it would depend on what the DA actually chooses to prosecute it as. I still think a DA would pick Unintentional Vehicular Manslaughter. Seeing as this happened 20 years ago, it would be impossible to prove in Court if drugs or alcohol played a role. Unless the perpetrator willingly volunteered such information.

While not explicitly stated, Samus seems to hint at this being an accident, not something intentional.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

true.  I think I would honestly ask her to go to the police and turn herself in, and if she refuses to do so, I would then go to them myself

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

Snitching doesn't bring her back. Why fuck your life over a second time? Forget the conversation ever happened and carry on as before. 

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

Snitching doesn't bring her back. Why fuck your life over a second time? Forget the conversation ever happened and carry on as before. 

that's your mum though? You only ever ever get one of those.

Your mum being killed could've affected your family members in soooooo many different types of ways over the years, some people can even kill theirselves at such news.

Personally there's no way i'm just simply carrying on before as usual for my mum

I think the most logical thing to do is not to snitch, but that's my mum and I would think my emotions would get the better of me here

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

dsfrr1

dsfrr1

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 6,216 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:614863
  • Souls Baptized:1,492,420
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

Since it was 20 years before the important thing here will be the circumstances under which this happened. If it was drunk driving case and the user has now learnt his/her lesson then no point in brooding over it but if that person stills drinks heavily and drive then i think it's time to snitch and leave.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

Since it was 20 years before the important thing here will be the circumstances under which this happened. If it was drunk driving case and the user has now learnt his/her lesson then no point in brooding over it but if that person stills drinks heavily and drive then i think it's time to snitch and leave.

good point yeah

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Snitching doesn't bring her back

true.  gotta get your own hands dirty.  wait until the baby is born then murder your wife as revenge.  problem solved

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

dsfrr1

dsfrr1

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 6,216 posts
  • Resources:

true.  gotta get your own hands dirty.  wait until the baby is born then murder your wife as revenge.  problem solved

Then go to jail for that murder and leave the baby for orphanage hoping he'll become a superhero as you've done your part to make him a super hero (a sad background story) 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Then go to jail for that murder and leave the baby for orphanage hoping he'll become a superhero as you've done your part to make him a super hero (a sad background story) 

i think its more likely he would become the super villain haha

but that requires me to get caught.  With the amount of murder porn shows I watch, Id get away with it for sure

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

dsfrr1

dsfrr1

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 6,216 posts
  • Resources:

but that requires me to get caught.  With the amount of murder porn shows I watch, Id get away with it for sure

And i thought we had our real life Flash ready and set for future, the only difference being that this time his father did really murder his mother.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

And i thought we had our real life Flash ready and set for future, the only difference being that this time his father did really murder his mother.

thats not murder.  thats justice

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

dsfrr1

dsfrr1

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 6,216 posts
  • Resources:

Anyways i'm not really a fan of these "Morality Test". Reason being i always believe that the way people think they'll react and the way they actually end up reacting to such conditions are really different. When a person is actually going through these situations the way they think is completely different from how they think when they are calm.

That'll and should always be counted as murder. Because from Hitler's perspective what he was doing was also justice.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Anyways i'm not really a fan of these "Morality Test". Reason being i always believe that the way people think they'll react and the way they actually end up reacting to such conditions are really different. When a person is actually going through these situations the way they think is completely different from how they think when they are calm.

That'll and should always be counted as murder. Because from Hitler's perspective what he was doing was also justice.

woah i didnt say i was gonna ethnically cleanse her.  i just said id kill her for revenge and justice.  Deadpool is a hero and he kills people left and right.  

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

dsfrr1

dsfrr1

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 6,216 posts
  • Resources:

woah i didnt say i was gonna ethnically cleanse her.  i just said id kill her for revenge and justice.  Deadpool is a hero and he kills people left and right.  

I was just stating an extreme example of what happens when people take justice in there own hand, and deadpool is anti-hero. But yes all the hero's kill people left and right (you don't think that the buildings that they crash through/ bring down are always empty )

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users