Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Nadarr

Nadarr

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,869 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:615789
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:lynnesanity#2762

Looking through here I expected to see a WoW presence and when I didn't I got curious. Anyone else here play WoW? If so what side do you play for and what do you main?

I currently play only Alliance characters but do miss my hordies. My main is a human afflock, though as soon as I grind the rep she will become a void elf.

Posted Image

Ok, lunch time.

everyone needs to get ready for night time at lunch time so you can prepare for breakfast. The shield agents run on food

So what’s for lunch?

Tacos. Wal-mart truck meat tacos.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Eva999

Eva999

Quenched

• BR|Member
  • 483 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:176412
  • Souls Baptized:3,064,366
  • Squadron:Kilo

Used to play a ton back in WotLK and Cataclysm, but fell off it pretty hard when I graduated from college.  Still think of going back occasionally, but I know I won't enjoy it if I can't do some hardcore raiding and I just don't have the time for it anymore.

XnYEu.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nadarr

Nadarr

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,869 posts
  • Resources:

Used to play a ton back in WotLK and Cataclysm, but fell off it pretty hard when I graduated from college.  Still think of going back occasionally, but I know I won't enjoy it if I can't do some hardcore raiding and I just don't have the time for it anymore.

WotLK is by far my fav but it is also where I started as a Night Elf Hunter. I'm so happy because this is my first xpac raiding and my husband and I are on our mythic team. Its great because I couldn't even qualify for heroic on a shittier server in the last one.

Posted Image

Ok, lunch time.

everyone needs to get ready for night time at lunch time so you can prepare for breakfast. The shield agents run on food

So what’s for lunch?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
Man I remember when WoW first came out. All my friends were talking about how they couldn't wait until it was released so they could go buy it.

I ended up playing it a few times when they had the free trials. But I never found it as compelling as I had expected it to be.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600902
  • Souls Baptized:1,518,583

I remember that too....Night Elf Mohawk.

"Maybe Mr.T hacked the game.  Maybe Mr.T has some mad computer skills.  You ever think of that Mr. Condescending Director?"

I still remember the Chinese Gold Farmers, and the random whispers from random people pretending to be GMs and wanting you to a website because your account had been reported.

I played pretty regular up until about three years ago.  I loved WotLK and Cata.  MoP was alright.  It was the steaming load called WoD that did me in.  I played Legion for a while, but I just lost interest.

I had a bunch of toons, but my main was a Worgen Rouge.

I sometimes miss it, and in my weaker moments I think about going back.  Then I remember just how bored I got with it.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

RuneScape > WoW

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:610507
  • Squadron:Alpha

"Maybe Mr.T hacked the game.  Maybe Mr.T has some mad computer skills.  You ever think of that Mr. Condescending Director?"

I still remember the Chinese Gold Farmers, and the random whispers from random people pretending to be GMs and wanting you to a website because your account had been reported.

I played pretty regular up until about three years ago.  I loved WotLK and Cata.  MoP was alright.  It was the steaming load called WoD that did me in.  I played Legion for a while, but I just lost interest.

I sometimes miss it, and in my weaker moments I think about going back.  Then I remember just how bored I got with it.

Did some of the other include a furry warrior and a holly priest? >_>

Also WoD was just fine. It had some of the best questing, a bunch of amazing dungeons, and both HFC and Blackrock were are some of the best raids blizz has done. The problem with WoD was, including SoO, 4 raids in 3 years. As crazy as HFC was, it wasn't "I want to run this for *14 months*" fun. 

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nadarr

Nadarr

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,869 posts
  • Resources:

Cata, MoP, and WoD sucked so bad. WotLK is by far my favorite so far. Legion was alright and I life BFA, but honestly they need to stop getting worse.

Posted Image

Ok, lunch time.

So what’s for lunch?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

Also WoD was just fine. It had some of the best questing, a bunch of amazing dungeons, and both HFC and Blackrock were are some of the best raids blizz has done. The problem with WoD was, including SoO, 4 raids in 3 years. As crazy as HFC was, it wasn't "I want to run this for *14 months*" fun. 

Well, to each his own.  I can't exactly remember what annoyed me about WoD.  Sure, the quests were nice, I had fun playing them.   It was something about the that expansion I didn't like.  I guess, I was starting to lose interest in the game about that time.

I never really bothered with raids, I just didn't have the time for them.  I did a few, and found it was like herding cats.  Just absolutely frustrating.

Problems with worgens or problems with rouges eh?

I never played a warrior.  I tried a few times, but didn't like them.  Same goes for priests, couldn't get into the class.  Druids as well.

I had (have), aside from my main:

-Worgen War Lock

-Draenei Death Knight (tank)

-Blood Elf Mage

-Blood Elf Paladin

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:

Well, to each his own.  I can't exactly remember what annoyed me about WoD.  Sure, the quests were nice, I had fun playing them.   It was something about the that expansion I didn't like.  I guess, I was starting to lose interest in the game about that time.

I never really bothered with raids, I just didn't have the time for them.  I did a few, and found it was like herding cats.  Just absolutely frustrating.

I never played a warrior.  I tried a few times, but didn't like them.  Same goes for priests, couldn't get into the class.  Druids as well.

-Worgen War Lock

-Blood Elf Mage

-Blood Elf Paladin

Nah just poking fun at you for spelling rogue, rouge :P

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nadarr

Nadarr

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,869 posts
  • Resources:

I really enjoy raiding. It's 4 hours that I get to spend with my guildies. We are mythic on the current raid and it's the best because I am an afflock and he is a destrolock so we compete all night for better dps. Plus when we are waiting to fill because some diptard left after a wipe we gamble and I get free money.

Posted Image

Ok, lunch time.

So what’s for lunch?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

-Worgen War Lock

-Blood Elf Mage

-Blood Elf Paladin

Nah just poking fun at you for spelling rogue, rouge :P

HAHA funny guy!  ;)

I guess I should be wearing my reading glasses.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rand0m her0

Rand0m her0

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,259 posts
  • Resources:

Oh come now, making fun of people for that misspelling is time honored sport :D

Oh and because i just realized you're all a bunch of filth i mean alliance scum i mean players.

tumblr_oyuxco5XD31r687oqo2_500.gif

Posted Image

5 points!
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

Yeah, isn't that the "littreal" truth.

Hordie eh? 

I remember a few years ago, I found out my Mcpl played a hordie, a blood elf to be precise.  We started making fun of each other's choice of side and toon.  I said to him "I can't take orders from you any more.  Jesus, I mean, a Blood Elf of all things." 

At which point our Sgt turned and said "What the f##k are you two on about?"

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

RuneScape > WoW

Not even close.  Runescape graphics are still back in windows 98 days, and people actually enjoy playing oldshool graphics that Atari beat in terms of graphics...I don't get it.  But then again, I've played it and been paying $10 a month for the last 10 years for it and haven't played but a few times in that stretch.  I think I ran out of things to buy with loyalty points.  I only played because I was friends with a guy who was pretty known in that game for years and he begged me to.

In terms of WOW, I played for awhile a year or two after it came out.  Had some fun, but when friends I played with stopped playing so did I.  Both RS and WOW should be praised for how long they've stayed relevant

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nadarr

Nadarr

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,869 posts
  • Resources:

Oh come now, making fun of people for that misspelling is time honored sport :D

Oh and because i just realized you're all a bunch of filth i mean alliance scum i mean players.

tumblr_oyuxco5XD31r687oqo2_500.gif

I play alliance for my husband so we can play together. But I also have a troll rogue on the horde side. Loktar Ogar!

Posted Image

Ok, lunch time.

So what’s for lunch?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Always been curious about the amount of players in WOW.  You rarely see any advertisements for it anymore, not like there were years ago.  Has the amount of players continued to remain about the same or increased, or has the number been slowly declining.  I imagine there's large spikes in new releases to it, but in overall day to day is the game continuing to do well or has it been on a slow decline.  

Going off Twitch, it still is a game that does relatively well in terms of viewers.  It's right up there with games like Overwatch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nadarr

Nadarr

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,869 posts
  • Resources:
The amount of daily users has taken a slight decline since vanilla, but remains high and steady anyway.

Posted Image

Ok, lunch time.

So what’s for lunch?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:

Good to hear.  Amazed at games that keep a player base for so long.  

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nadarr

Nadarr

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,869 posts
  • Resources:

I love WoW. I do need breaks every once in a while, but it stays interesting.

Posted Image

Ok, lunch time.

So what’s for lunch?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users