Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[BA-11] A Dance with Dragons - SK Wins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
535 replies to this topic

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• Military - Foxtrot Officers
  • 1,282 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600658
  • Souls Baptized:139,694
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:captainjf

For the record there is no "official" sanity modifier that forces a player to type in all caps lol

So...he has a modifier...but it's one you made up...

neat *takes picture* er...*creates drawing*

Posted Image

"Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out—Mix Things Up A Little."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance
There is nothing bastard about this game...

Probably

*Realizes the trial by combat mechanic is made up by me and therefore technically bastard*

Whoops I lied ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward

For the record there is no "official" sanity modifier that forces a player to type in all caps lol

So...he has a modifier...but it's one you made up...

neat *takes picture* er...*creates drawing*

Lol no, at most maybe he's been given a post restriction, but most likely it's just a bit he's doing, maybe either based on his character or totally random. 🤷‍♂️

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

Probably

*Realizes the trial by combat mechanic is made up by me and therefore technically bastard*

Whoops I lied ;)

For shame...

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

Probably

Whoops I lied ;)

I think you mean non-normal? I hope you're not being a bastard mod lol. But yeah, post restrictions I think are non-normal, and random resolutions to things (ie trial by combat) definitely are.

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

Probably

Whoops I lied ;)

I think you mean non-normal? I hope you're not being a bastard mod lol. But yeah, post restrictions I think are non-normal, and random resolutions to things (ie trial by combat) definitely are.

I could just mod kill u. Would that be bastard enough for u

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

I don't think trial by combat is very bastard.

It's basically an incentive for the town to do its job or face consequences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

We could lynch one to confirm the other. :awesome:

I'm inclined to believe the torres neighbor claim as I don't think TW would out a fellow scum if he were scum just to make an early unprompted fake role claim. However if he were scum claiming miller it would be AWFULLY convenient to have a townie that you can confirm to gain the trust of the town. It would help sell TW being town to confirm torres on his miller claim.

A couple things:
1) If Torres and I were both scum it’s an incredibly risky gambit for me to make. For starters, I have no idea if a role cop exists in this game and therefore basically role claiming on day 1 (or at least the start of day 2) opens me up for an entire game’s worth of possible power roles keeping an eye on me who could discredit me. Secondly, I would basically be outing Torres as well If/when I would get lynched or killed and flip scum. That would be theoretically 2/3rds of the scum team outed at the start of day 2. Not exactly a great gamble on my part.
2) If I was scum and Torres wasn’t scum, either I lied completely about Torres sharing his alignment with me last night in which case he can publicly discredit me at any time, or he believed I am town based off of my role and did in fact share his role with me believing that I could basically clear two people as town (which I have done as far as I’m concerned). If I was scum, I definitely wouldn’t be clearing a townie first thing on day 2 so that I now have a confirmed townie to contend with as long as he’s alive. No offense to Torres but when you factor in who I am helping confirm it makes even less sense. Torres’ play style almost always puts him in the spotlight and up for a lynch at some point. Why would I waste the opportunity for the town to waste a day on him? Hint: I wouldn’t.

What I think actually happened:
Torres picked up on the fact that I’d be claiming to be a Town Miller. He was aware that a Miller is almost certainly a townie. He knew that his role (Friendly Neighbor) had an opportunity to share his towniness with me so that I could basically confirm him as town today too and all of a sudden there are now two confirmed townies. I have to admit, when I received the message at night and figured out what Torres’ role must be I was impressed by his heads up play on that one.

I don’t blame anyone for being skeptical about my role. That’s your job in this game. Just realize the incredible amount of risk I’d be taking if I was actually scum here. The odds wouldn’t be in my favor.
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta

Looks like he has some sort of thing that forces all caps?

Is this one of those sanity modifiers? What are sanity modifiers btw? What are possible sanity modifiers?

Sanity modifiers usually affects the results that a night action gives. As in an insane cop would investigate a townie and receive a scum result. Usually the player is not made aware of the insanity modifier as that would defeat the purpose.

Probably

Whoops I lied ;)

This is what Brewers is refering to https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bastard_Mod

The only thing anywhere close (to my knowledge he isn't lying to us) is if the trial by combat mechanic drastically affects the result of the game.

I'm inclined to believe the torres neighbor claim as I don't think TW would out a fellow scum if he were scum just to make an early unprompted fake role claim. However if he were scum claiming miller it would be AWFULLY convenient to have a townie that you can confirm to gain the trust of the town. It would help sell TW being town to confirm torres on his miller claim.

A couple things:
1) If Torres and I were both scum it’s an incredibly risky gambit for me to make. For starters, I have no idea if a role cop exists in this game and therefore basically role claiming on day 1 (or at least the start of day 2) opens me up for an entire game’s worth of possible power roles keeping an eye on me who could discredit me. Secondly, I would basically be outing Torres as well If/when I would get lynched or killed and flip scum. That would be theoretically 2/3rds of the scum team outed at the start of day 2. Not exactly a great gamble on my part.
2) If I was scum and Torres wasn’t scum, either I lied completely about Torres sharing his alignment with me last night in which case he can publicly discredit me at any time, or he believed I am town based off of my role and did in fact share his role with me believing that I could basically clear two people as town (which I have done as far as I’m concerned). If I was scum, I definitely wouldn’t be clearing a townie first thing on day 2 so that I now have a confirmed townie to contend with as long as he’s alive. No offense to Torres but when you factor in who I am helping confirm it makes even less sense. Torres’ play style almost always puts him in the spotlight and up for a lynch at some point. Why would I waste the opportunity for the town to waste a day on him? Hint: I wouldn’t.

Torres picked up on the fact that I’d be claiming to be a Town Miller. He was aware that a Miller is almost certainly a townie. He knew that his role (Friendly Neighbor) had an opportunity to share his towniness with me so that I could basically confirm him as town today too and all of a sudden there are now two confirmed townies. I have to admit, when I received the message at night and figured out what Torres’ role must be I was impressed by his heads up play on that one.

I don’t blame anyone for being skeptical about my role. That’s your job in this game. Just realize the incredible amount of risk I’d be taking if I was actually scum here. The odds wouldn’t be in my favor.

That isn't exactly what I said though now is it. Its possible that he is town and you are not. You say you wouldn't do it because it opens you to investigation through the rest of the game, however that's only if there's a role cop. Any normal/alignment cop would just show you as scum because of a the miller role. Also if you have a then all but confirmed townie in torres to back you up it makes your position rather cozy. You would have likely all but convinced someone widely viewed as town that you were just a miller, which would make any investigation into you a waste of a night action. All of this is just speculation, you could very well be a miller. We should not however just take that as a fact.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity

Looks like he has some sort of thing that forces all caps?

Is this one of those sanity modifiers? What are sanity modifiers btw? What are possible sanity modifiers?

Sanity modifiers usually affects the results that a night action gives. As in an insane cop would investigate a townie and receive a scum result. Usually the player is not made aware of the insanity modifier as that would defeat the purpose.

Probably

Whoops I lied ;)

This is what Brewers is refering to https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bastard_Mod

The only thing anywhere close (to my knowledge he isn't lying to us) is if the trial by combat mechanic drastically affects the result of the game.

A couple things:

That isn't exactly what I said though now is it. Its possible that he is town and you are not. You say you wouldn't do it because it opens you to investigation through the rest of the game, however that's only if there's a role cop. Any normal/alignment cop would just show you as scum because of a the miller role. Also if you have a then all but confirmed townie in torres to back you up it makes your position rather cozy. You would have likely all but convinced someone widely viewed as town that you were just a miller, which would make any investigation into you a waste of a night action. All of this is just speculation, you could very well be a miller. We should not however just take that as a fact.

I don’t think it’s likely that with a miller in the game, there wouldn’t be something to the liking of a role cop, though the wiki for miller does say that millers can be put into games as a red herring.

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

Okay role claim time. I cant watch this go any longer. At the risk of my own skin I'm doing this to save the town from greater danger.

I'm Skahaz mo Kandaq, the de facto Cop of Mereen tasked to find Sons of the Harpy.

Last night I investigated TW and found out he was Guilty.

Vote: TheWarrior

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

Okay role claim time. I cant watch this go any longer. At the risk of my own skin I'm doing this to save the town from greater danger.

I'm Skahaz mo Kandaq, the de facto Cop of Mereen tasked to find Sons of the Harpy.

Uh...you do know that you'd get guilty if he's telling the truth about being a miller, right? And now you're basically toast unless we get lucky with a doctor or something. This is just great 🤦‍♂️

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

I'm Skahaz mo Kandaq, the de facto Cop of Mereen tasked to find Sons of the Harpy.

/facepalm

I am a MILLER. Of course I investigated as guilty.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

Uh...you do know that you'd get guilty if he's telling the truth about being a miller, right? And now you're basically toast unless we get lucky with a doctor or something. This is just great ‍♂

So you believe him (TW)? 

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks
I believed TW and voted a Town off, im getting a bad vibe off this, could RAf be right

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

Uh...you do know that you'd get guilty if he's telling the truth about being a miller, right? And now you're basically toast unless we get lucky with a doctor or something. This is just great ‍♂

So you believe him (TW)?

It doesn't matter, you would have gotten a guilty result whether he was telling the truth or lying. That's how both a miller role and being scum works, which is why TW and I (and hopefully others lol) are both facepalming. Not only did you waste an action, but now you've essentially wasted your entire role just to confirm something that town already knew, which was that a cop investigation on TW would return guilty. Good going, oh genius one.

I believed TW and voted a Town off, im getting a bad vibe off this, could RAf be right

Have you guys not played mafia before? A miller is a town role that appears like mafia to cops. A scum...appears like mafia to cops lol. Rafay, a cop, is literally giving us zero information that we didn't already know, which is that TW is either a miller or mafia. I'm not necessarily saying that TW is or isn't mafia, or that Rafay isn't right that TW is scum, but he just wasted his entire role for zero reason, and town should put no stock in his investigation results as they're all but worthless.

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

The only thing he's right about is that I would investigate as "guilty" to a Cop because that's what a Miller does.. Otherwise he couldn't be more wrong about me.

And what does you voting for Lyner have to do with me? You voted for him before me.. We were both wrong but I don't see how you voting for Lyner reflects poorly on me.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Here are the facts:

• I am a Town Miller.
  • I was given a restriction that prevented me from outright role claiming on day 1 so I hinted at my role as best as I could so that the town would know what to expect from me. If I was scum I would most likely not have had a restriction like that and would have just openly role claimed if that was my plan. Being coy about my role wouldn't do a damn thing for me if I was scum. All it would have done is draw more attention to me.
  • I received a note at night that read "Torres is a member of the town". I shared that information today.

If you're skeptical about my role claim, that's fine. But then at the very least you need to take into consideration the incredible amount of risk I am assuming by going about any of this the way that I have.

-If I wasn't what I say I am I'd have no idea if another Miller actually existed who could counterclaim me. I suppose there could be multiple millers in a game but I've never seen it at least. 

-I'd have no idea if a role cop exists that can discredit me.

-I was coy about my role on day 1 which of course draws more attention to me and if I was scum I would be opening myself up to any possible tracker/watcher roles on any given day moving forward so if I were to outlive any other scum eventually I could be caught committing kills.

-I gave you information to confirm a townie that nearly always looks like scum at some point in any given game and would have probably resulted in a free kill for the scum on a later day if I didn't say anything.

Lynch me if you feel that you need to in order to confirm what I'm saying is true because I'm basically just a named townie at this point anyway but it will be a whole lot of wasted effort (and a wasted day) on the town's part and I won't be around to help find the actual scum later in the game. I'd obviously prefer that you didn't waste your time though because everything I've said is true.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

Dear lord...what a mess. If anyone is a doctor, you know what to do tonight.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

I'm always so conflicted about The Warrior.

If he really is a Miller, his posts match the actions a Miller would take.

On the other hand, I've been burned too many times with posts that are "too elaborate to be fake."

Doesn't anybody else have some information that points to somebody else?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter