Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[BA-11] A Dance with Dragons - SK Wins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
535 replies to this topic

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward

I suppose he was now the vote leader at 2 votes and there's a day plus change before deadline so its not as random as some of the others but so be it. I am now the only unclaimed player as I see it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You don't really have any thoughts about his actual claim? Yes we get it, it's dumb that so many people have role claimed, but we're coming up on our last 24 hours of the day and we need to be serious. It's starting to feel like you're almost intentionally using the mass claiming situation as a way to avoid having to play, honestly.

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

Wait why would you protect TW? If he's Miller then scum would be complete morons to kill him, and if he's scum, then...yeah lol.

We didn’t know he was a miller until he claimed on D2, just some suspected iirc, and I wasn’t paying an incredible amount of attention on D1 since it was so early on, but I saw him say that he would “claim tomorrow.” I was already inclined to protect him, as I usually protect one of the much more active players in the early nights when we know little to nothing, so his talking like that got me to decide on him.

TW literally all but confirmed it on D1. Someone (I think Kevin actually) blurted out that he seemed to be claiming Miller, and TW basically said he wasn't wrong but he couldn't confirm just yet. Also I know you, and you do lurk, but you usually do pay attention to games too, so I don't know if I buy that you just weren't thinking and protected TW out of nowhere.

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

TYVM!

UNVOTE

Honestly this sequence of intentionally voting on Velocity just to get him to RC and then unvoting once you've got it is super suspicious to me. It's bad play if nothing else; now scum knows that he's a bodyguard if he is telling the truth, which doesn't help us as town.

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity

Wait why would you protect TW? If he's Miller then scum would be complete morons to kill him, and if he's scum, then...yeah lol.

We didn’t know he was a miller until he claimed on D2, just some suspected iirc, and I wasn’t paying an incredible amount of attention on D1 since it was so early on, but I saw him say that he would “claim tomorrow.” I was already inclined to protect him, as I usually protect one of the much more active players in the early nights when we know little to nothing, so his talking like that got me to decide on him.
TW literally all but confirmed it on D1. Someone (I think Kevin actually) blurted out that he seemed to be claiming Miller, and TW basically said he wasn't wrong but he couldn't confirm just yet. Also I know you, and you do lurk, but you usually do pay attention to games too, so I don't know if I buy that you just weren't thinking and protected TW out of nowhere.

I do pay attention, but a lot less so on D1, unless I know something right off of the bat. TW is always one of my top choices to protect when I can regardless, as I already mentioned, since he is very active and a very good player to have on the town side. I honestly think I missed Kevin saying that he was a Miller on D1, becuase I just knew that he was going to claim and it seemed like it was something important.

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

Dontavian

Dontavian

Tempered IRON

• FA|Diplomat
  • 1,816 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:616887
  • Souls Baptized:5,010,619
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Donstar5750

TYVM!

UNVOTE

Honestly this sequence of intentionally voting on Velocity just to get him to RC and then unvoting once you've got it is super suspicious to me. It's bad play if nothing else; now scum knows that he's a bodyguard if he is telling the truth, which doesn't help us as town.

Basically, everything is suspicious to you. I guess that is one way to play the game.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

Basically, everything is suspicious to you. I guess that is one way to play the game.

That's how the game works: you know nothing and should take everything with a grain of skepticism until you can confidently clear them. The only two people who I feel almost completely confident about are captain (claimed vig, shot mafia, pretty clear cut) and Rafay (outed himself D2 as cop just to tell everyone TW is guilty, which, lol), and everyone else I feel deserve varying degrees of suspicion until more evidence comes to light (TW probably the least, the others more so). If you don't want town to think you're suspicious, maybe don't do suspicious things like claiming VT for no reason or voting people just to get them to claim.

Dontavian

Dontavian

Tempered IRON

• FA|Diplomat
  • 1,816 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:616887
  • Souls Baptized:5,010,619
  • Discord ID:Donstar5750

That's how the game works: you know nothing and should take everything with a grain of skepticism until you can confidently clear them. The only two people who I feel almost completely confident about are captain (claimed vig, shot mafia, pretty clear cut) and Rafay (outed himself D2 as cop just to tell everyone TW is guilty, which, lol), and everyone else I feel deserve varying degrees of suspicion until more evidence comes to light (TW probably the least, the others more so). If you don't want town to think you're suspicious, maybe don't do suspicious things like claiming VT for no reason or voting people just to get them to claim.

Being careful isn’t a bad way to proceed.  WRT to me playing “suspiciously”... that’s likely attributable to me not following textbook tells as laid out in the Wiki Mafia Tome of Knowledge or whatever the hell that compendium is...which basically distills every possible response (or non response) down into somehow being scummy.  I gave my reasoning for RCing as VT, it’s just you’re not willing to accept it. And for the record...the veterans on this game have an abysmal record of identifying me as scummy, because of an unconventional play ( I used the wrong verb tense, or replied when I shouldn’t have or didn’t when I should have or...) , starting a wagon that results in my lynching, and I’ve been Town every time...which I declared prior to being lynched. With the exception of replacing Robert in brewers election game and getting lynched because of his record prior (being scum) and in TMs game with the 3 Jesters ( me being one with the goal of getting lynched) I have not been given scum roles. I did RC for cause, now you all know I’m VT, with no role or modifier. I chose to do the SHOUTING just to add some flavor to the character, which doesn’t happen much in our games. Anyway, I’ve RCd, what gets done with that info is up to the voters.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

Vote Count 3.3

CAPTAIN 
COD 
DONTAVIAN
LWW 
RAFAY
THE WARRIOR (1) rafay
VELOCITY (1) Captain
WOLFPACKS (1) LWW

Not voting:  COD, Dontavian, tw, velocity, wolfpacks

with 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch or 3 at deadline

deadline is 2/3 at 9am cn time

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• Military - Foxtrot Officers
  • 1,282 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600658
  • Souls Baptized:139,694
  • Discord ID:captainjf

Well. Do we continue? Mass role claims like crazy? 

Posted Image

"Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out—Mix Things Up A Little."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

I feel awful voting for COD as their the only one not to roll claim. As I see it though, it is COD or someone who claimed VT.

Additionally, how are we feeling about that Miller role?

UNVOTE

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta

I feel awful voting for COD as their the only one not to roll claim. As I see it though, it is COD or someone who claimed VT.

Additionally, how are we feeling about that Miller role?

UNVOTE

No need to feel bad about it. No one person led us to the position we are in.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
At this point it looks like TW, Velocity, and WP would go to trial by combat, plus maybe someone who didn't vote depending on how brewers uses that rule he made in D2. I don't really feel confident that any of them are scum enough for me to want to hammer them, but all of them have been at least a little suspicious in my book, so I think I'm ok with letting trial by combat decide our fate. That list could obviously change though if TW or anyone else votes between now and 9am tomorrow.
Oops correction, not Velocity unless he got unlucky with not voting lol

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta

I suppose he was now the vote leader at 2 votes and there's a day plus change before deadline so its not as random as some of the others but so be it. I am now the only unclaimed player as I see it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

You don't really have any thoughts about his actual claim? Yes we get it, it's dumb that so many people have role claimed, but we're coming up on our last 24 hours of the day and we need to be serious. It's starting to feel like you're almost intentionally using the mass claiming situation as a way to avoid having to play, honestly.

I'm not sure what thoughts you want but here goes.

He listed night action results which could be refuted, and has had reasons behind those decisions. I trust Velocity's role claim much more than I do a few of the others that I've seen. 

I wouldn't say I'm intentionally using the situation to avoid playing, though I certainly understand how it could appear that way. Would it make you feel better if I roleclaimed? I mean it sounds like you're asking and that's apparently all the reason I need.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

Additionally, how are we feeling about that Miller role

Idk man, I don't have a reason to really doubt the claim, but if anyone is good enough to pull it off, it's TW. Unless CoD is a role cop or got lucky as a tracker or something, then we're probably stuck not being able to confirm or disprove his claim. At this point I'm still taking it at face value since it would be so hard to successfully fake, but I've been trying to analyze his play more to get a better sense that way.

Which way are you leaning?

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

REMINDER

if no one reaches deadline lynch, the trial by combat will be between whomever has the most votes and a random person who isnt voting.  therefore, if you dont vote you might die, and any player who goes more than two consecutive days without voting will be subject to a trial by combat as well.  not voting is an issue that seems to be plaguing several games now

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

I'm not sure what thoughts you want but here goes.

He listed night action results which could be refuted, and has had reasons behind those decisions. I trust Velocity's role claim much more than I do a few of the others that I've seen.

I wouldn't say I'm intentionally using the situation to avoid playing, though I certainly understand how it could appear that way. Would it make you feel better if I roleclaimed? I mean it sounds like you're asking and that's apparently all the reason I need.

Honestly that's all I was looking for. I don't really agree lol, I think Velocity's claim is really convenient in knowing almost everyone's roles by now and picking actions that, unless I missed something, specifically can't be refuted by any current claim or info we have. That being said though, you quoted Velocity's claim basically only to comment that it was a claim, which doesn't actually help anything and is basically a way to speak without playing. I get that the way the game is going is frustrating, and I'm not necessarily FoS'ing you or anything, but it's a safe way for scum to play where they comment on the flow of the game without taking sides.

So, you can claim or not claim if you want, but it doesn't have anything to do with what I was looking for or why I called you out. IMO we all need to be putting in effort since this is still a fair game to play and for us to win; we just have to make the best of what we've got and not let the semi-mass claiming be an easy excuse for scum to sit out until the end.

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

I’ve been debating claiming or not, because if I do it’ll save town a lot of trouble, and if I don’t I’ll have to claim tomorrow anyways to explain something (if I’m not lynched).

Well, I kind of forgot about this little bit too. @Velocity, since you have now claimed, mind explaining what you wanted to explain? This is now a little bit more sus in my eye as in your RC post you said you had nothing much more to share. 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• 1,282 posts
  • Resources:

I'd like to add that Velocity was viewing this thread a little before my last post (4:55pm Central) and was doing so until about 5:10pm Central.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
Really good points and observations. I'd be really interested to hear some explanations from Velocity before the day ends.

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity

I’ve been debating claiming or not, because if I do it’ll save town a lot of trouble, and if I don’t I’ll have to claim tomorrow anyways to explain something (if I’m not lynched).

Well, I kind of forgot about this little bit too. @Velocity, since you have now claimed, mind explaining what you wanted to explain? This is now a little bit more sus in my eye as in your RC post you said you had nothing much more to share.

If COD was lynched it was likely you were going to shoot me, which would mean I would have to retroactively explain why I didn’t die, which would have cast a lot of suspicion if I claimed afterwards instead of today, but I wanted to avoid a mass claim if possible.

As far as me viewing this thread and the forums go, I always keep this tab open so sometimes I click onto it and don’t mean to, sometimes it might just say I’m reading and I’m not, but I do usually check in a few times a day.

I'd like to add that Velocity was viewing this thread a little before my last post (4:55pm Central) and was doing so until about 5:10pm Central.

Because I hadn’t been clicked onto this website until just now, after about 5:30 EST (4:30 central) when LWW made his post before you. I’m not sure why it says I’m viewing beyond that.

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter