Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[TW-13] Avengers: Infinity War Mafia - Mafia Wins

[TW-13] Mafia Avengers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
635 replies to this topic

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

What is going on in this thread???

QUESTION THE NO LYNCH OR LYNCH AND U WILL FIND OUT

1. We don't know if there is a mechanic that would make not lynching someone on the first night a bad choice. But the counter argument to that is we don't know if there IS a mechanic that would make lynching someone on the first night a bad choice.

This is very fair on both sides, and why I am more open to no lynching when the setup is known and it makes sense.

2. If we don't lynch anyone, it makes the conversation dead. But the counter argument to that is: What useable information do you get out of randomly picking someone to lynch?

It can't be completely random because the mafia know who is mafia and who isn't, so despite their best efforts to mask it, they have to have some reason for being willing to lynch someone, especially if they're townie. Everyone else ideally has some sort of reason that you can push them on, even if it's something dumb like being completely random.

3. Not lynching someone would extend the overall game length, which is a concern with inactivity. But the counter argument to that is: If someone goes inactive, then they will be lynched.

Inactive people completely kill games at the end because town can't risk lynching someone just because they're inactive anymore, but they also obviously aren't contributing to finding scum. Once it gets far enough it's basically a guaranteed scum win because there will be more active mafia than there are active townies, so they can just pick apart one active player and there's basically nothing town can do about it.

Are there anymore arguments for or against lynching someone on night one?

Since you asked ...

Rule of thumb is that 1/4 of players are scum.
So that's 3 or 4 scum in this game, meaning 10 or 11 townies.
Even at deadline it would take 4 townies to lynch a scum and resist influence from the scum to lynch somebody else.

A day 1 lynch almost always takes out a townie.

I think "almost always" is probably not accurate, especially in role madness games where mafia is not the only scum faction like this one could be. I can think of at least a few games since I've been here that some scum player has been lynched on day one. It's obviously mostly luck but it can happen.

ANNND THAT DOES IT

DICK PIC INBOUND TO LWW

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jazzy95

Jazzy95

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 271 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:269356
  • Souls Baptized:1,416,140
  • Discord ID:Jazzy

I had a similar feeling as Brewers when I saw lww ask about day talk. Trying too hard to both lynch someone and appear town. But he might also just be the only sane person in what's clearly going to be a lot of us cleaning off the rust and Brewers just diving further into insanity. If mod required an EOD vote I would be putting in a vote for no lynch but since that's not the case and no lynch already has enough, I'll keep my vote close to my chest :D 

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• Military - Delta Officers
  • 609 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:531407
  • Souls Baptized:708,171
  • Squadron:Delta

I had a similar feeling as Brewers when I saw lww ask about day talk. Trying too hard to both lynch someone and appear town. But he might also just be the only sane person in what's clearly going to be a lot of us cleaning off the rust and Brewers just diving further into insanity. If mod required an EOD vote I would be putting in a vote for no lynch but since that's not the case and no lynch already has enough, I'll keep my vote close to my chest :D

So your saying lww is mafia?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity

It reminded me of the pictures of Sister Midnight's pussy.

Who would do that to poor SM? Actually isn’t she like, a nudist or something?

Anyways, I do think in this scenario a Lynch is our best bet (you can tell in this completely new never seen before mafia forum that I AM A MAN WHO LYNCHES PEOPLE)

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• 609 posts
  • Resources:

I can see the logic, personally I'm more sus of the early voters that have since gone quite.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward

Not voting at all is legit the worst because it makes it impossible to analyze people later on. Also if I'm the only sane player in this game then you're all in serious trouble lol.

It reminded me of the pictures of Sister Midnight's pussy.

Anyways, I do think in this scenario a Lynch is our best bet (you can tell in this completely new never seen before mafia forum that I AM A MAN WHO LYNCHES PEOPLE)

You know what, this new Velocity has sold me for now.

Unvote

I'll vote for whoever is most inactive (especially if they posted early and ghosted since like Zacch pointed out) once I get to a computer and can check post counts.

Bryan93

Bryan93

Tempered IRON

• Minister of the Vault
  • 1,356 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:626246
  • Souls Baptized:0
Sounds like no lunch makes the most sense from what ya been saying for day one.

No lynch

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Jazzy95

Jazzy95

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 271 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:269356
  • Souls Baptized:1,416,140
  • Discord ID:Jazzy

So your saying lww is mafia?

I'm saying I'm watching him like Roz watches Mike Wazowski.

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

If its not specified in the rules then there is no reason to think they have day talk.  the only reason to ask about it is to try to highlight you not knowing the answer, which would make you seem  Right now we have not a whole lot to go off, butttt at the moment LWW has been the most scummy and should be suspect #1

it was a thing... she would say look here'sa picture of my pussy, then put a bunch of spaces and say cat, then post a pic of a cat

and who in your mind is the best bet?  (hint the answer is lww)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
Vote: velocity

Man, shut the fuck up
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Man, shut the fuck up

ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Velocity

Velocity

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 867 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:611169
  • Discord ID:Velocity

Man, shut the fuck up

mAn, ShUt ThE fUcK uP ;)

Only click if you're Tony Maurice, thanks!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Velocity   

(it's lonely here by myself)

Finster Baby
     Sent Today, 09:48 AM

I added Mafia Mod for you Velocity...Get with a know masked mod and get some training.

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701
  • Squadron:Kilo

Wow people have had a busy friday @.@ I think this thread started as Mafia, devolved into... I dont exactly know what the pics conversation concluded as, and then circled back to mafia again. 

But we've gotten a LOT of posts out of LWW, Brewers, and Zacch in the last 24h. Good to get more said on record and opinions thrown around, and between them we've seen a few votes and stances from other people. We're also getting a feel for how people write again. 

Zacch and KevinH seem the prime no-lynch proponents; no surprise on the latter but mixed feelings still on the former. 

LWW and now Velocity seem on the side of a lynch. A little surprised by MK's abrupt vote - thought we were past the shitvote stage of things.

There's a solid majority on the no-lynch side so I dont feel the need to rush or hammer it and stifle conversation. Right now we dont know anything but what people have said and how they've reacted to others, and it's interesting to see. I am very explicitly pro-people-not-being-quiet-and-hiding-their-reactions.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

Man, shut the fuck up

wutt da hekk

Vote: MK

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

The main thing I dislike about the no-lynch side of the argument is that it urges people to shut down all conversation or similar and just skip the rest of day 1. We need to get people talking and offering opinions/taking sides now that everyone's here.

Agreed. Also, this community is way too reliant on PRs. Any time we've had games that aren't role madness setups, especially if they don't know that it's more mountainous, the town usually gets wiped out because they do what we're doing now: sit and wait for PRs to do something and then have no idea what to do or who to lynch towards the end game when they don't have much to go on, and usually end up just getting run by the scum team who can coordinate at least at night, if not throughout the day too. Maybe we'll get lucky and this will be a role madness game where town roles have good games, but I think it's not smart to bank on that happening.

Also, on that note. @TW: can you confirm if mafia has day talk or not?

Agreed fully. We need to lynch on D1 to force people to start taking sides and not sit on the sidelines. Lynch wagons and people who were sitting by on D1 give a lot of information for building voting trends that can be used to identify scum on later days, without hoping for a miraculous finding from one of the PRs.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

Having said the above, I will put my money where my word is, i.e. vote to lynch someone. My startegy for lynch-targets on D1 has always been lynch the most inactive. But we have seen everyone check into this game and being quite active. So lets not go for lynching someone who has the lease posts, that will just promote spamming by others in order to increase post counts and discourage others who wants to actually put some thought into this game.

So what do we do? We vote with our gut on D1 (no one, apart from scum, has any info on D1). We look at people making scummy posts and waffling or intentionally sitting on the side lines. But we also need to make sure we vote for someone who actually has a chance to get lynched. Voting for someone 2 days before deadline, who has 0 votes basically means nothing. Going from the last vote update posted by the Mod, and a quick scan of votes after that, it seems Velocity has 3 votes and Zacch has 2 votes.

I am feeling that Zaachs posts are kinda off, so I will go with him as my vote for now instead of Velocity.

Vote: Zaach

This also actually also raises the question of TM. Is he going to be replaced or mod-killed @Mod. I dont think he can no longer access the Mafia forum.

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• 609 posts
  • Resources:

Having said the above, I will put my money where my word is, i.e. vote to lynch someone. My startegy for lynch-targets on D1 has always been lynch the most inactive. But we have seen everyone check into this game and being quite active. So lets not go for lynching someone who has the lease posts, that will just promote spamming by others in order to increase post counts and discourage others who wants to actually put some thought into this game.

So what do we do? We vote with our gut on D1 (no one, apart from scum, has any info on D1). We look at people making scummy posts and waffling or intentionally sitting on the side lines. But we also need to make sure we vote for someone who actually has a chance to get lynched. Voting for someone 2 days before deadline, who has 0 votes basically means nothing. Going from the last vote update posted by the Mod, and a quick scan of votes after that, it seems Velocity has 3 votes and Zacch has 2 votes.

I am feeling that Zaachs posts are kinda off, so I will go with him as my vote for now instead of Velocity.

Vote: Zaach

This also actually also raises the question of TM. Is he going to be replaced or mod-killed @Mod. I dont think he can no longer access the Mafia forum.

This is a witch hunt.

unvote

vote Imran

Scum List:

1. Lord MK

2. lww

3. Imran

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

He asked to keep Mafia access so I assume he wants to play.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

What happened to his former member mask? It would be nice if he could continue in this game.
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

What happened to his former member mask? It would be nice if he could continue in this game.

More details in his resignation thread. He won't be getting access to this game in the near future I would say.

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter