Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2024 Presidential Election Thread

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,164 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

There seems to be some confusion coming from officials in PA... they don't know the shooter's motive.

I'm pretty sure he somehow got it in his head that Trump is a dangerous Nazi and a threat to our democracy.

It appears that Democrats feel they have run out of options.

What I can't figure out is how this dude was allowed to climb up on a building, with a rifle, a mere 130 yards from Trump.

I am told that the only thing that saved his life was he turned his head to point up at the video screen.

The RNC convention begins Monday. This will be one for the history books.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Well they got their "money shot" with Trump's balled fist photo...

@Lys: thusfar the perpetrator has been identified as a registered Republican with a 2021 gift to a Democratic cause (Progressive Turnout Project) graduated from high school in 2022. Make of that what you will.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,164 posts
  • Resources:

thusfar the perpetrator has been identified as a registered Republican

If you wanted to vote against Trump in the primary, you would register Republican and vote Nikki Haley. If you want to get in a Trump rally, you have to be a registered Republican. Liz Cheney is a registered Republican. Bernie Sanders is a registered Independant. Registered Republicans can vote for Joe Biden if they want to. The label means nothing.

He was a 20 year old kid that believed the lies and wanted to be the hero that killed Donald Trump.

Well, now he's dead and Trump is the hero. It's being said that God saved him. I believe he's the luckiest man to ever live.

If this shooter succeeded, we would be having a very different day today. I'm very happy he failed.

I'm very unhappy that innocent American patriots became victims.

Everyone knows why it happened, and there is no excuse for it. July 13th will now be a date of history.

I was watching the rally live, when I heard those shots, saw Trump grab at his ear and fall to the floor... I thought he was dead.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Northern Empire

Northern Empire

Wrought IRON

• BR|Member
  • 137 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:273843
  • Souls Baptized:19,483,079
  • Discord ID:@northernempire

this all  but garrentees Trumps re-Election, 

For Trump supporters he had the vote already, but now those that were on the fence are going to be solidly be in him camp, 

The Republicans will vote en masse now, no matter the lines, no matter the weather, i would not be surprise to see record turnouts by the right and a dismal performance by the left

Even myself as a Haley supporter, Who i do think would make a very strong world leader for years to come, -  now it's all in on Donald, no more question about it, 

even the down ballot candidates will get a boost by this, 

before i stated I thought the Conservatives would have a 30 seat advantage in the house - now i think it may be even more than that, and a 53/47 advantage in the Senate is all but assured at this point, 

we all saw the " money shot" Trump standing strong with blood on his face,  compare that to a Biden who is not able to walk up a flight of steps and freezes and get lost with every statement. 

you know damn well those that have served and are currently serving are going with him at at least 90% - Strength draws Strength

as for the European Nations, they best get ready to actually start supporting NATO, This struggling to get to 2% GDP is a pipe dream, Trump would be smart to mandate they spend 5% by 2026 or the US withdraws,  

gets old have them give away all the "free" stuff, yet depend on the American taxpayer for their defense. time to shit or get off the pot, 

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,968 posts
  • Resources:

thusfar the perpetrator has been identified as a registered Republican

If you wanted to vote against Trump in the primary, you would register Republican and vote Nikki Haley. If you want to get in a Trump rally, you have to be a registered Republican. Liz Cheney is a registered Republican. Bernie Sanders is a registered Independant. Registered Republicans can vote for Joe Biden if they want to. The label means nothing.

Was merely stating the facts as presented on our national news agency. And yes I know that Pennsylvania is a closed primary state and what that entails.

Currently added:

At graduation he earned $500 for his efforts in math and sciences.

He used his fathers AR-15, purchased several months ago.

Likely several booby-traps / IEDs were found in his possesion/car.

as for the European Nations, they best get ready to actually start supporting NATO, This struggling to get to 2% GDP is a pipe dream, Trump would be smart to mandate they spend 5% by 2026 or the US withdraws,  
gets old have them give away all the "free" stuff, yet depend on the American taxpayer for their defense. time to shit or get off the pot,

Have people tried explaining "soft power" to you? The US's worldwide military presence is more the just a moneypit.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

joe44

joe44

IRON's High Priest

• BR|Member
  • 2,146 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:568614
  • Souls Baptized:9,297,525
  • Squadron:Foxtrot

It seems Lee Harvey missed this time... @CC

568614-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,164 posts
  • Resources:

NATO is a relic from a different time, created for a reason that no longer exists.

It's high time to reevaluate, reimagine, and renew defense treaties.

The United States carries too much responsibility for having so few friends.

We should also kick the UN out of New York City for exactly the same reason.

Nothing worse than a building full of diplomats that are only there to suck the life out of their host.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Reilstrap

Reilstrap

Quenched

• IA|Academy Head Master
  • 498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:550914
  • Souls Baptized:12,015
  • Discord ID:reilstrap
Need to ask your self how someone, with a weapon, could get to an elevated platform so close to Trump and take a shot...

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

joe44

joe44

IRON's High Priest

• BR|Member
  • 2,146 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:568614
  • Souls Baptized:9,297,525

he actually cld go further: cut off his ear and post it on ebay or craigslist to get extra cash for presidential campaign. Or Sothebys. And ye, that guy cld play more Call of Duty, CS or other... Maybe its the reason im used to give out poisoned cookies instead :-)

Edited by joe44, 14 July 2024 - 08:23 PM.

568614-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Northern Empire

Northern Empire

Wrought IRON

• BR|Member
  • 137 posts
  • Resources:

"Have people tried explaining "soft power" to you? The US's worldwide military presence is more the just a moneypit."

Yes, I am familiar with the idea, unfortunately it is not a reality is today's world, 

Perception is reality

and right now NATO is perceived as America and America alone, 

Germany, France, Italy and the UK, would not survive 30 days against a Soviet- { yes- Soviet} chinese and Indian combined attack, 

The Russian attack on Ukraine has exposed the weakness of NATO, While China, India, Iran and NK are all sitting at full strength, NATO has been should to not have nearly enough hardware nor troops to defend its own lands, 

Northern Empire

Northern Empire

Wrought IRON

• BR|Member
  • 137 posts
  • Resources:

Need to ask your self how someone, with a weapon, could get to an elevated platform so close to Trump and take a shot...

This is a very valid question, 

how does the Secret Service not secure a platform that is only 150 yards from the Future President? 

for those that are not familiar with distances like this, 

I regularly have my rifles sighted/ zeroed  at 100 yards, 

my 30.06 at 100 yards, the 30.30 at 100 yards, my 3.08 (7.62 NATO Cartridge) at 100 yards. 

my .243 at 200 yards, 

so for them not to secure a raise stable platform at 150 yards raises a serious question.  

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,164 posts
  • Resources:

so for them not to secure a raise stable platform at 150 yards raises a serious question.

And they won't answer any questions. Secret Service just had a Presser to cover the convention and refused to answer any questions about yesterday. The belief from too many people, it looks like they left a gigantic hole open for the guy, and then killed him after he took his shots.

We saw this movie before with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,968 posts
  • Resources:

"Have people tried explaining "soft power" to you? The US's worldwide military presence is more the just a moneypit."

Yes, I am familiar with the idea, unfortunately it is not a reality is today's world, 

Perception is reality

and right now NATO is perceived as America and America alone, 

Germany, France, Italy and the UK, would not survive 30 days against a Soviet- { yes- Soviet} chinese and Indian combined attack, 

The Russian attack on Ukraine has exposed the weakness of NATO, While China, India, Iran and NK are all sitting at full strength, NATO has been should to not have nearly enough hardware nor troops to defend its own lands, 

Ukraine has shown us that decade old NATO stuff grinds Russian military might into a fine dust. Heck the russians are dusting of interbellum tanks to add to the grinder...

And in your scenario, nukes are flying about just for good measure. There is a reason the world has only seen proxy-wars after WWII, and NATO is exactly the reason why.

And they won't answer any questions. Secret Service just had a Presser to cover the convention and refused to answer any questions about yesterday. The belief from too many people, it looks like they left a gigantic hole open for the guy, and then killed him after he took his shots.

We saw this movie before with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Have heard the idea floating about that the Secret Service was counting on local law enforcement to secure the "close perimeter" and they were looking from further back. As such, when they did notice the fellow going up and installing himself, they weren't sure if he was local or an actual assailent.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,164 posts
  • Resources:

Have heard the idea floating about that the Secret Service was counting on local law enforcement to secure the "close perimeter" and they were looking from further back.

Well, no wonder they don't want to answer any questions... no one will believe them.

They want to blame their failure on "Local Law Enforcement"... yeah right... you're all fired!

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,968 posts
  • Resources:

Well here is another kicker, up until he scaled that roof the assailant had broken no laws. Open carry an AR-15 in Pennsylvania is allowed (from what I can gather).

Anyway, some more factoids our news agancy disseminated:

Recently graduated as an engineer (unspecified level or field).

He worked at a retirement home, part of the kitchen staff.

Mother is Democratic, father is Libertarian (no indication on solid evidence for these labels).

Little presence online.

No criminal record nor prior interaction with law enforcement, labeled "lone wolf" presently by FBI.

Member of a loval (to his residence) shooting club.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,164 posts
  • Resources:

It appears that Democrats have given up on replacing Joe Biden as their nominee since the failed Trump assassination.

It looks like no one wants to burn their chance running against someone with such incredible luck.

The classified documents case... the one the FBI shamefully raided Mar-a-Lago for... was thrown out today.

Marrick Garland illegally appointed Jack Smith, and no one can remember where the 12 million dollars came from.

And Obama wanted to make that guy a Supreme Court Justice. Dodged a bullet there.

JD Vance will be Vice-President. I think when Donald lost an ear he just said "Screw it... I'm choosing who I want".

He looked good tonight in Milwaukee... but he did look like he could use a good sleep.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Northern Empire

Northern Empire

Wrought IRON

• BR|Member
  • 137 posts
  • Resources:

I think Vance would have been my second choice,Haley my first. just glad he didn't pick Rubio, 

I agree, it looks like they have abandoned replacing Biden, the dems full well know this cycle is all but lost now, 

with a campaign slogan that would look like this they know they have little hope in November. 

{ They tried to Bankrupt me! They tried to imprison me! and now they tried to Kill me! there is no stopping the Trump Train! } 

That is how i would frame it going forward. 

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,164 posts
  • Resources:

I think Vance would have been my second choice,Haley my first. just glad he didn't pick Rubio,

I have supported Marco since the Tea Party, but he's still a Senator. I just automatically gravitate to Governors when choosing a President. Senators can be smart, they can be charismatic, but really when the day is done, they just vote... they don't run anything. Senators are just horrible Presidents because they have never had executive experience combined with awesome responsibility. That's why I would have strongly supported DeSantis, Haley, or Youngkin. Trump wanted an attack dog that would destroy Kamala Harris... that's what he got.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,164 posts
  • Resources:

The ultra-vaccinated Joe Biden says he now has Covid for the 3rd time. He was here in Vegas today, shuffling through a grocery store, sniffing on a little girl, and they just looked like a pack of zombies ripped right out of a scene from The Walking Dead.

I don't believe it for a second. I told my wife days ago, that if he wants to survive this... he needs an excuse to hide until the convention and run out the clock. Now he has "Covid", and he has the perfect excuse to burn the next 2 weeks... and do nothing. We'll see if it works.

On the other front, JD Vance addressed the RNC tonight, and brought the house down.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,164 posts
  • Resources:

I would say that Mark Halperin is a pretty good reliable source of information. He says that Joe Biden will be dropping out this weekend... most likely Sunday. He will not resign the Presidency. He will not be endorsing Kamala Harris. The DNC Convention will be an open convention. Super Delegates will not be allowed to vote on the first ballot. Kamala Harris is vetting for possible running mates.

This is... I guess... the plan. But these are Democrats, and like Russia Collusion, Impeachments, vaccine mandates, Hunter's laptop, Afghanistan, transitory inflation, immigration management, and assassination... things hardly ever work out as they plan.

I predict... sheer pandemonium. They will probably throw up a sacrificial lamb and work on down ballot candidates because Republican down ballot candidates are widely underperforming... compared to Trump numbers. The last time we saw anything like this was Humphrey during the 1968 convention, but this is much worse. Again... Democrats never think things through.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users