Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pick Your Poison (Game Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
262 replies to this topic

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha
"Come to the abandoned warehouse at [insert address] at midnight. Come alone. Tell no one. We are gonna have ourselves a fun game. N"

Still Alive
1. Curufinwe
2. ccabal86
3. ChaosHawk
4. Electric Mango
5. Kasabian
6. Nerau
7. Yahna
8. Preston
9. Kaziocore
10. Martino
11. CanucksDynasty
12. Deatvert
13. KevinH
14. 19thSpecOps
15. AKCPluto

Passed on
None.

General Rules
(Stolen from my last game)

1. This is game. Play to win; expect to lose. And have fun.

2. No editing or deleting posts.

3. No talking to other players outside the game thread unless your Role PM states specifically that you can.

4. No quoting any PMs from me, including Role PMs. Doing so will get you modkilled. Paraphrasing is OK. If you are worried about something not being ok, then either PM me or just dont say it.

5. Vote for a player to be lynched by using the Vote: Narsis format. You dont need to unvote before voting again, but it is appreciated(especially if you dont vote again right away).

6. Days will last 10 days. Nights will last up to 72 hours, but may be cut short if I get all actions in before then, with a minimum 24 hour night.
6-1. If discussion is lagging, I may impose a shorter deadline at my own discretion. Deadline extensions will happen on request - but will only happen once per day at most, and if I feel there's enough activity to warrant one.

7. A lynch requires a majority (50% rounded down + 1) vote. You can also No Lynch, by using Vote: No Lynch.
7-1. If there is no majority by deadline, only a half-majority is needed. (Majority / 2, rounded up if necessary)
7-2. If there are 2 players with the same amount of at least half-majority votes at deadline, then I will lynch the one who reached that number of votes first.

8. After someone has been lynched, discussion may continue until I can get to the thread and end the day. If you are dead you may continue to post until your death scene is posted. After that point I will only allow a Bah post, and only if you were night killed.

9. Don't use small / invisible font, don't use coloured text(except for mole who is allowed to use orange if he is acting as the super moderator of the forum), and don't use any form of clever encryption or code in your messages.

10. If you haven't posted in 2 days, I'll prod you. If you don't pick up that prod AND post within 48 hours, I'll replace you.
10-1. If you need to be replaced for whatever reason, please PM me, don't flake.
10-2. If you are V/LA, don't rely on me checking the thread / your signature. Please post in the thread notifying me of your V/LA or PM me about it.
10-3. If you replace out, you automatically lose. If you are someone replacing in, whether it counts as a win or loss depends on how long you have been replaced in for.

11. Vote counts will be made whenever I feel like it(or it is asked) and will be done in a separate post.

13. I hope it isn't necessary, but any modkills will negatively effect the rule-breaker's faction in some way which I see fit. If you are modkilled, you lose, no matter how the game ends.

14. I can change, add, or edit rules as I see fit. I will notify players in-thread if this happens.

15. I am not perfect. I may have got something wrong. I may have missed a rule out. Let me know, ask me questions, but don't abuse my mistakes.
15-1. To get my attention in-thread, use the MOD: <Your message> format. Or, y'know, you could PM me.

Special Rules
(stolen from one of the PYP games on mafiascum and edited for this game)

These rules are unique to this game. Probably worth a look at some point.

This is a semi-open setup: 4 mafia and 11 town. Each player will receive one of the following PMs:

Mafia wrote:
You are a part of the mafia along with X, Y, and Z. Each night the four of you can choose a player in the town to kill, though you are not forced too. Before the game begins, the four of you have 96 hours to talk and decide on which four poweroles the town will have, from the list of seven given in the rules post. Because of the importance of the decision, I'd like confirmation from at least three of you as to the choices being made. Oh, and remember, you can communicate in private with your partners at any point during the game.

You win when the town no longer has the majority of votes.

Townsperson wrote:
You are a townsperson. At present you have no abilities other than your voice and your vote, but it's possible you will receive a useful ability. You will be told at the start of day 0 what your ability is if any, otherwise you're just a vanilla townie.

You win when the mafia has been eliminated.

During the pregame stage, the mafia will have a maximum of 96 hours to choose four (different) protown poweroles from the following list:

Macho Cop wrote:
You are a macho cop. Every night you may investigate another player and receive a guilty or innocent result from me. You cannot be protected by a doctor if there are any doctors.

Doctor wrote:
You are a doctor. Every night you can give me the name of a player you want to protect; they will be immune to all kills that night. You may not protect yourself.

Weak doctor wrote:
You a weak doctor. Every night you can give me the name of a player you want to protect; you will block one kill against them that night. If you protect a member of the mafia, you will be killed that night. You may not protect yourself.

4-shot Vig wrote:
You are a vigilante. Each night you have the option of killing another player who you suspect is scum. You only have four shots and can only shoot once per night.

Bulletproof wrote:
You are bulletproof. You will block one night kill against you each night.

Vengeful wrote:
You are vengeful. If/when you are lynched, during the next night, and next night only, you can send me the name of one of the people that voted for you. A night kill will be attempted against them. This ability can't be roleblocked.

Detective wrote:
You are a detective. Each you can choose another player to track and watch that night. I will tell you who they targeted and who targeted them last night.

Once the mafia have chosen, the poweroles are immediately distributed randomly to four members of the town. The game then starts with day 0. During day 0, everyone gets to vote for three perks to give the mafia, from the following list:

4-shot roleblocker wrote:
You are a 4-shot roleblocker. Four times during the game, at night, you can block another player from taking any nightactions. If that player is a cop or detective they will be notified of the block, otherwise they won't be.

Day Rolecop wrote:
You are a day rolecop. Each day you may investigate another player and find out their full role.

1-shot janitor wrote:
You are a 1-shot janitor. Once during the game, before a lynch has taken place, you may PM me and ask for the lynched player's alignment to be covered up. You may not cover up your own alignment in this way.

Godfather wrote:
You are a godfather. Any cop investigations against you will show the opposite of their expected result, and any nightkills against you will fail. You also have the option of allowing a weak doctor to protect you and still survive; you can use this on any night by PMing me.

Ninja wrote:
You are a ninja. You will not show up to the detective as targeting anyone, or being targeted by anyone.

Bus driver wrote:
You are a bus driver. During the night you may "switch" two players. Any actions against the first player, will instead be used against the second and vice versa. You will be seen as targeting both players however.

Everyone has three votes on day 0, and these can be removed and changed as often as you like, just as with normal voting. Note that you can't place all your votes on the same perk, however. When a choice reaches 8 votes, it's locked in and can't be changed. When three perks/abilities have been chosen, the mafia have a brief period to decide amongst themselves which of them get which perk, and which one stays as a goon. After that, the game starts with day 1, and from them on progresses normally. Note that the mafia in this game can talk during day as well as night.

Edited by Narsis, 02 January 2011 - 02:07 AM.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
It's currently Night 0. Day 0 should be starting sometime tomorrow.

Also need more confirms via pm...

Edited by Narsis, 02 January 2011 - 02:07 AM.

Posted Image

Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
It is now Day 0

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to secure a power role.

Deadline is in 10 days. (although i may be willing to extend it given the nature of this day, but only if it's been active)

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
  • Squadron:Kilo
I won't be as active as I was before in previous games due to work tracking internet useage.
So don't expect me to post a lot.

The mafia choices (3 to choose) are:
4-shot roleblocker
Day Rolecop
1-shot janitor
Godfather
Ninja
Bus driver

Which ones do we want?
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

The mafia choices (3 to choose) are:
4-shot roleblocker
Day Rolecop
1-shot janitor
Godfather
Ninja
Bus driver

Which ones do we want?

My preferred order to grant powers to the mafia would be:
  • 1-shot janitor (it's only 1 shot)
  • Bus driver (investigations will still provide info on somebody)
  • 4-shot roleblocker (scum have to guess who have the power roles to be effective)
  • Godfather or Ninja (I want to trust investigations)
  • Day Rolecop (Power roles should remain hidden)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:144926
  • Souls Baptized:1,538,133
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Well we can assume the mafia have given the town roles which are weaker

so these would be the better options so neither side has too much power

1-shot janitor
Bus driver
4-shot roleblocker
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

"Come to the abandoned warehouse at [insert address] at midnight. Come alone. Tell no one. We are gonna have ourselves a fun game. N"

Everyone has three votes on day 0, and these can be removed and changed as often as you like, just as with normal voting. Note that you can't place all your votes on the same perk, however. When a choice reaches 8 votes, it's locked in and can't be changed. When three perks/abilities have been chosen, the mafia have a brief period to decide amongst themselves which of them get which perk, and which one stays as a goon. After that, the game starts with day 1, and from them on progresses normally. Note that the mafia in this game can talk during day as well as night.

To be official, my vote is currently for
  • 1-shot janitor
  • Bus driver
  • 4-shot roleblocker

I'd like to hear other opinions and might change my vote if someone convinces me.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
hey so you know what i totally forgot to do? i forgot to randomize and send out the town power roles...way to go me. i'll do that asap....

Edit: power roles are now out.

also in a completely unrelated topic, i havent been able to send any pms to Electric Mango. i'll keep trying to get a hold of him.

edit2: so right as i make the edit to this post, EM pms me. so we are all covered now. :D

Edited by Narsis, 03 January 2011 - 07:02 PM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

i havent been able to send any pms to Electric Mango.

Can we use this info in-game?
(Were you sending him a townie power role?)
:)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaoshawk

Chaoshawk

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 167 posts
  • Resources:
KevinH already got the three weakest mafia roles chosen and I agree with him on those roles being mafia.

Chaoshawk

Chaoshawk

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 167 posts
  • Resources:
Oh right, did mafia chose what roles town had as well?

AKCPLUTO

AKCPLUTO

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 338 posts
  • Resources:
I'm with Kevin. Ditto me.

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:144926
  • Souls Baptized:1,538,133

Oh right, did mafia chose what roles town had as well?

yea they did
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:066724

My preferred order to grant powers to the mafia would be:

• 1-shot janitor (it's only 1 shot)
  • Bus driver (investigations will still provide info on somebody)
  • 4-shot roleblocker (scum have to guess who have the power roles to be effective)
  • Godfather or Ninja (I want to trust investigations)
  • Day Rolecop (Power roles should remain hidden)

I pretty much completely disagree with your list :P. I'd say it is unlikely that the mafia have decided to give us an investigative power role. So my top two choices would be the Ninja and the Godfather, since their main strength is against the investigation. I actually feel like the 1-shot janitor would hurt us the most. The main tool we have as townies is the lynch and the results from previous lynches. Often scum can be caught by using vote patterns. Changing the allignment of one lynchee can really mess things up. I'm not entirely sure whether I would rather face the bus driver than the 4-shot roleblocker. In this game, 4 shots is as good as infinite so I don't think that is a reason to pick the roleblocker. So then indeed at least the advantage of the bus driver is that the actions still occur, just on different targets. But I would be fine with picking the roleblocker as well.

In any case, I will vote: Godfather, Ninja

And I will FOS: KevinH. Because I think "it's only 1 shot" is a rather weak excuse to give the mafia the most game changing ability.

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:

note: i said it was unrelated to the roles going out. i hadn't been able to send him his alignment pm(or any other pms i may have wanted to send him)

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:

note: i said it was unrelated to the roles going out. i hadn't been able to send him his alignment pm(or any other pms i may have wanted to send him)

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
I think the mods here block messages to the undesirables, low lifes, and nerf herders, hence the reason I was unable to be contacted. Maybe it has something to do w/ me drinking all the booze out of the councilor's liquor cabinet? In any case, I'm here now. I'm not sure how much time I'll have in the next 24-48 hrs so as of right now I'll put my vote along with Kevin's as I trust his judgement.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
I tend to agree with Martino on this one, I doubt the town has an investigator. So to vote for ninja and godfather makes sense. However for me the "only 1 shot" arguement makes sense, so...

Vote: Godfather, Ninja, Janitor

We should absolutely NOT vote for busdriver, because if we don't have an investigator, this is the most powerful role against the town.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

I think "it's only 1 shot" is a rather weak excuse to give the mafia the most game changing ability.

The most game-changing ability?

Once during the game, before a lynch has taken place, you may PM me and ask for the lynched player's alignment to be covered up. You may not cover up your own alignment in this way.

So let's see, we lynch someone and we won't know if they were townie or scum.
How is that any different from a game where we don't know the number of scum to start?
And they only get to do it once.
Definitely not the most game-changing.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yahna

Yahna

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 185 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:429483
I'm leaning towards Godfather, Ninja, and 1-shot Janitor, and I agree with ccabal in regards to not choosing the bus driver.
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter