Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pick Your Poison (Game Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
262 replies to this topic

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
  • Squadron:Kilo
@Preston

1-shot janitor - Let's say he covers up a death. The town now doesn't have any lynch info. Therefore it's a wasted day of voting patterns for the town. We don't know if we lost a townie power role and we don't know the townie:mafia ratio.

Bus Driver - Re-read the info again. So basically if a cop/doc investigates/protects player A...they actually perform the night action on player B. Not entirely bad...but might cause some confusion. Still not sure about this role. My beef is that it's a permanent ability.

4-shot roleblocker - mafia gets 4 attempts to roleblock. Hit and miss on guessing the correct townie power role to target.
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
Very busy IRL but....

Vote: Godfather and Ninja for now

I agree that the janitor role should not be given.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Yes, the role blocker can stop any night action. However, we will rely much more on good scumhunting by the town then on pro town night actions,especially since we most likely do not have any investigative roles. The best we can probably hope for is a doc preventing a night kill. Sure it would be annoying to have that doc roleblocked, but that will only happen if both the doc gets lucky by protecting the mafia target and the mafia get lucky by guessing who the doc is. Except for the situation where both docs have roleclaimed, those odds are fairly low. If the vengeful townie gets his role revealed when lynched, then that would perhaps be a more likely roleblock target. Though thinking about it, I would rather have him roleblocked than having his target changed. So I'm now leaning towards the 4-shot roleblocker as the third mafia role.

Actually, the vengeful townie can't be roleblocked - so says the description.

Vengeful wrote:
You are vengeful. If/when you are lynched, during the next night, and next night only, you can send me the name of one of the people that voted for you. A night kill will be attempted against them. This ability can't be roleblocked.

But I guess a bus driver could still potentially switch the vengeful's target?

Anyway, you guys are making a good point about the 1-shot janitor, even if it has 1 shot, it's a day wasted. It perhaps would be better to vote for the 4-shot roleblocker that.

So
Unvote Janitor
Vote Roleblocker

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
It should be noted that mafia can also vote for mafia power roles and not just townies...

Mafia roles:

Godfather (8) - Martino, ccabal86, AKCPLUTO, Kasabian, Chaoshawk, Kaziocore, CanucksDynasty, Electric Mango
Ninja (8) - Martino, ccabal86, AKCPLUTO, Kasabian, Chaoshawk, Kaziocore, CanucksDynasty, Electric Mango
4-shot Roleblocker (5) - KevinH, Kasabian, Chaoshawk, CanucksDynasty, ccabal86
1-shot janitor (1) - KevinH,
Bus Driver (1) - KevinH,
Day Rolecop (0) -

Looks like we've confirmed the Godfather and Ninja roles as they both have the required 8 votes.
All that is left to discuss is the 3rd role.
PS3 80GB

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701

@Preston

1-shot janitor - Let's say he covers up a death. The town now doesn't have any lynch info. Therefore it's a wasted day of voting patterns for the town. We don't know if we lost a townie power role and we don't know the townie:mafia ratio.

Bus Driver - Re-read the info again. So basically if a cop/doc investigates/protects player A...they actually perform the night action on player B. Not entirely bad...but might cause some confusion. Still not sure about this role. My beef is that it's a permanent ability.

4-shot roleblocker - mafia gets 4 attempts to roleblock. Hit and miss on guessing the correct townie power role to target.

CD - thanks for the scenarios. I kinda get how the janitor is powerful now, and agree it's not worth doing.

That narrows it down to Bus Driver/Role blocker then for the third. I'll also take a page from EM here and lock in my vote on the first two now:

Also, since CD has a good analysis of what roles mafia would have given the town and we probably have a bulletproof - can the roleblocker block bulletproof? Vengeful explicitly says "Cannot be roleblocked", but bulletproof doesnt say anything like that. If every town role is meant to have a corresponding mafia weakness, it'd make sense for bulletproof's weakness to be the roleblocker. If that's the case, then I REALLY am unsure about giving them the means to get around our one invulnerable guy... thoughts?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions; this is probably one of the few days/evenings I'll get to be really active here, so I'm trying to make it count :D

-Preston
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

CD - thanks for the scenarios. I kinda get how the janitor is powerful now, and agree it's not worth doing.

That narrows it down to Bus Driver/Role blocker then for the third. I'll also take a page from EM here and lock in my vote on the first two now:

Also, since CD has a good analysis of what roles mafia would have given the town and we probably have a bulletproof - can the roleblocker block bulletproof? Vengeful explicitly says "Cannot be roleblocked", but bulletproof doesnt say anything like that. If every town role is meant to have a corresponding mafia weakness, it'd make sense for bulletproof's weakness to be the roleblocker. If that's the case, then I REALLY am unsure about giving them the means to get around our one invulnerable guy... thoughts?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions; this is probably one of the few days/evenings I'll get to be really active here, so I'm trying to make it count :D

-Preston

Voting for Godfather and Ninja now is pointless as the roles have already reached 8 votes and is locked in which means it cannot be changed.

The roleblocker has a 1 in 10 or 11 chance (depends on the lynch) of successfully targetting a bulletproof on D1.
That would mean that mafia would have to decide to nightkill player A and decide to roleblock player A.
Which would mean that the roleblocker is not intending to target player B (a possible cop/doc).
I don't think that would be the case.

If player A survives the nightkill...then mafia may decide to roleblock him in case he is the bulletproof.
Not 100% since a doc may have saved player A in the first place and player A was just a regular townie.
More opportunity to waste the roleblocker limited powers.
Rather have that than the Bus Driver.
PS3 80GB

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701

Voting for Godfather and Ninja now is pointless as the roles have already reached 8 votes and is locked in which means it cannot be changed.

Didnt realize that; ah well.

The roleblocker has a 1 in 10 or 11 chance (depends on the lynch) of successfully targetting a bulletproof on D1.
That would mean that mafia would have to decide to nightkill player A and decide to roleblock player A.
Which would mean that the roleblocker is not intending to target player B (a possible cop/doc).
I don't think that would be the case.

If player A survives the nightkill...then mafia may decide to roleblock him in case he is the bulletproof.
Not 100% since a doc may have saved player A in the first place and player A was just a regular townie.
More opportunity to waste the roleblocker limited powers.
Rather have that than the Bus Driver.

The second paragraph I hadnt thought of - that they might mistake someone protected by a doctor for the bulletproof, and waste their roleblock trying to force kill him.

I think you've convinced me, and thanks for being patient with your explanations :)

Vote: 4-shot roleblocker

-Preston
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
Vote: 4 shot roleblocker

Out of the remaining roles, this is the one that is least effective.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AKCPLUTO

AKCPLUTO

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 338 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Vote: 4 shot roleblocker ... I like the logic I'm seeing here.

Martino

Martino

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,659 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:066724
I agree as well. vote 4 shot roleblocker

66724.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

Then that settles it.
The mafia will have a godfather, a ninja and a 4-shot roleblocker
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

-Preston

Well in my opinion, you can't role block a bulletproof person as his ability is not a night action but a passive ability.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:144926
  • Souls Baptized:1,538,133
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
lets get this going

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
Mafia roles:

Godfather (9) - Martino, ccabal86, AKCPLUTO, Kasabian, Chaoshawk, Kaziocore, CanucksDynasty, Electric Mango, Preston
Ninja (9) - Martino, ccabal86, AKCPLUTO, Kasabian, Chaoshawk, Kaziocore, CanucksDynasty, Electric Mango, Preston
4-shot Roleblocker (11) - KevinH, Kasabian, Chaoshawk, CanucksDynasty, ccabal86, Preston, Electic Mango, AKCPLUTO, Martino, Kaziocore, Nerau
1-shot janitor (1) - KevinH,
Bus Driver (1) - KevinH,
Day Rolecop (0) -

Godfather, Ninja and 4-shot Roleblocker chosen.

It seems that we had a few more votes at the end for the 4-shot Roleblocker.
I'm betting that a couple of mafia are in that mix.
PS3 80GB

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

Well in my opinion, you can't role block a bulletproof person as his ability is not a night action but a passive ability.

I also take it as a passive ability as well but what really counts is how the MOD determines it.
PS3 80GB

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
If there is a cop, we need to be cautious about relying on the results since there are now known godfather and ninja roles.
I like to play "follow the cop", but I think this time I have to reconsider.

That said, if the cop roleclaims or is revealed, then those that pushed for the godfather and ninja roles will be a bit more suspicious to me.
That said, I doubt the mafia would pick cop as a role to grant so those roles do make sense.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha
The Godfather, Ninja, and 4-shot Roleblocker have been selected.

Day 1 begins

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline is Jan 15.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

If there is a cop, we need to be cautious about relying on the results since there are now known godfather and ninja roles.
I like to play "follow the cop", but I think this time I have to reconsider.

That said, if the cop roleclaims or is revealed, then those that pushed for the godfather and ninja roles will be a bit more suspicious to me.
That said, I doubt the mafia would pick cop as a role to grant so those roles do make sense.

Guranteed that there is no Macho Cop.
Almost slim to none chance for a detective.

If we do have a detective...he can still be of some use.
He should still see the 4-shot roleblocker, goon, and Godfather if they do something at night.
Also he might be able to figure out other townies with power roles.

Might as well get the ball rolling...

Vote: KevinH

Reason: it's part of my shtick :wink: (inside joke).
PS3 80GB

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
Vote: Akcpluto

Reason: he said I talk too much and used small font to say it. He must be scum.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
My townie list...

I think may be Townies