Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TMCWPTI #2 - Game Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
761 replies to this topic

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
  • Squadron:Kilo
I count one accusation and one observation. You must be scum for trying to twist my quotes.

Ok NOW that's 2 accusations if anyone else wants to keep score.

VOTE COUNT
KevinH (3): Narsis, CanucksDynasty, Herodez
d3mon (1): ccabal86
Herodez (1): d3mon
Electric Mango (1): TerrorChrist

Not Voting (5): CaoCao, Nerau, Preston, KevinH, Electric Mango

With 11 Alive, 6 is needed to lynch.

Edited by molestargazer, 04 April 2011 - 10:16 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
11 players...so probably 8 townies and 3 mafia.

We would have only 2 mis-lynches to give before it's LYLO (lynch or lose).
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

We would have only 2 mis-lynches to give before it's LYLO (lynch or lose).

And this of course begs the age old question: Should we lynch on the first day?

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
Yes because I believe voting patterns is a must.
The town would not be so dependent on a cop (if there is one).
PS3 80GB

Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 472 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:473725
  • Souls Baptized:295,748
  • Squadron:Delta
Vote: KevinH

I'm such a conformist :(

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
So that's 4 votes already for KevinH. I suggest no more votes for him until we get some more discussion going. At least until KevinH posts his no-lynch vote.
PS3 80GB

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
Woah, some unusually quick bandwagonig going on here. If I were a betting man, I'd say there's probably a scum among those voting for KevinH at this moment.

A quick lynch is definately not in our interest.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 472 posts
  • Resources:

Woah, some unusually quick bandwagonig going on here. If I were a betting man, I'd say there's probably a scum among those voting for KevinH at this moment.

A quick lynch is definately not in our interest.

Due to the date, I'm pretty sure most will unvote (I have actually seen someone joke about being mafia and have nobody lynch him because they thought he was kidding)

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

(in my best Richard Nixon voice)

Let me make this perfectly clear.

I am not a scum.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:144926
  • Souls Baptized:1,538,133
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
why is when a game starts everyone jumps straight for kevin

its like tradition or something

Vote: Ccalab

just for the lulz
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:

why is when a game starts everyone jumps straight for kevin

Because he's a non conformist. The first day of this game is like whack a mole. Anyone that sticks their head out gets popped.

Vote: Ccalab

Reason: Because it's not Kevin.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TerrorChrist

TerrorChrist

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 496 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:445292

So that's 4 votes already for KevinH. I suggest no more votes for him until we get some more discussion going. At least until KevinH posts his no-lynch vote.

What exactly is a no-lynch vote? Is it a vote which can stop a lynching, or is it more that if the majority of people votes no-lynch, then we all live into the night?
On leave for an undetermined period, to have my Faith tested link
LOOKING FOR ONE 1-on-1 TECH PARTNER (WE ARE SELLING).

Representative of The High Council of Guardians of the Holy Scripture and all the Lands, and the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land
Posted Image Posted Image
Tech sold: 750 (+250 non-E-I-E-O approved) *** E-I-E-I-O-score: 44 (link)
Battles fought: 0 *** Victory: 0 *** Loss: 0 *** Draw: 0
Nukes taken: 0

Bi-lateral treaties
Scripture Teachings, Chapter on "The Ultimate Truth of The OGOAR", element 34,1: There IS no Spoon!

Posted Image

Behold, the glory of our Holy Warriors!!
Spoiler

The High Council of Guardians of the Scriptures and All the Lands have seen it fit to, on behalf of the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land, award me the following:
Spoiler

Disclaimer: Please note that the views RP-ed and my personal beliefs may very well diverge.

TerrorChrist

TerrorChrist

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 496 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:445292
Well, I am off now. See you guys monday.
On leave for an undetermined period, to have my Faith tested link
LOOKING FOR ONE 1-on-1 TECH PARTNER (WE ARE SELLING).

Representative of The High Council of Guardians of the Holy Scripture and all the Lands, and the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land
Posted Image Posted Image
Tech sold: 750 (+250 non-E-I-E-O approved) *** E-I-E-I-O-score: 44 (link)
Battles fought: 0 *** Victory: 0 *** Loss: 0 *** Draw: 0
Nukes taken: 0

Bi-lateral treaties
Scripture Teachings, Chapter on "The Ultimate Truth of The OGOAR", element 34,1: There IS no Spoon!

Posted Image

Behold, the glory of our Holy Warriors!!
Spoiler

The High Council of Guardians of the Scriptures and All the Lands have seen it fit to, on behalf of the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land, award me the following:
Spoiler

Disclaimer: Please note that the views RP-ed and my personal beliefs may very well diverge.

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:

What exactly is a no-lynch vote? Is it a vote which can stop a lynching, or is it more that if the majority of people votes no-lynch, then we all live into the night?

It's the latter. Basically it ends the day with no lynch happening.
PS3 80GB

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

If a majority vote no-lynch, the day ends immediately and everyone goes into the night.
The effect is the same if all the votes are spread around and no single candidate gets a majority.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701

O.o I just got here and already we nearly have a lynch? I'm going to have to chalk this one up to april fools' too, but damn... way to make me feel behind! :facepalm:

(in my best Richard Nixon voice)

Let me make this perfectly clear.

I am not a scum.

Heh, I'm tempted to vote you just for that horrible reference, but there's been enough joke votes already and I dont want to give scum the chance to quickly eliminate someone with no thought.

Oh, and for the new people: Each day there is a voting threshold required to lynch, equal to (# people left alive / 2 (round down)) + 1: basically just over half. So today with 11 people alive, 6 would lynch. ONCE THE LYNCH MAJORITY IS REACHED, IT CANNOT BE TAKEN BACK! We ran into this last round; I unvoted to give time for further consideration after it had reached the majority but before the actual 'lynch' happened... but Mole ruled that the lynch happened anyway (And EM was town :-p). Be aware that scum can add their votes quickly in a 'blitz' to kick the vote total over the point of no return if it's someone they want to lynch.

It looks like the classic lynch/no-lynch argument is getting started, so let's see what everyone has to say on that score.

I personally am not in favor of no-lynch - while I'll grant the odds are low of picking scum, actual voting for PEOPLE on the first day gives us more information to use going forward. With that said, last round was my only full game and if we'd lynched EM then we would've gotten a townie... and using CD's cop info on the second day ended up yielding one scum at least (though also a false positive). It's not unreasonable to assume we have a cop of some sort, but we have no guarantee of that. I don't have a candidate lynch target yet, obviously - I cant take anyone's posts to this point seriously due to april fools' making everyone act wierdly.

In the meantime - the april fools 'joke' vibes so far are throwing off how I would normally react to quick bandwagoning; I could see a lot of legitimate townies (and newbies) joining the fun and incriminating themselves because of the actual holiday. We had enough false positives last round so I suggest that everyone unvote to get the april fools' out of their system and then start seriously discussing lynch/no-lynch. I know CD always votes for KevinH first thing on the first day as a running non-april-fools joke between them, so that's not exactly unusual - but the rest of what's happening is a bit much.

Anyway; glad this game is FINALLY underway!

-Preston
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
I'm inclined to agree with CD and Preston that we should probably lynch someone this day. Going off of last game's experience there is not much sense in waiting around for the investigators to come across something - it may never happen and even the results may be misleading, just think of CD's ability or my highly confusing "Curious Child" role.

By the end of the game we were technically down to a constant LYLO (heh, I like this acronym unlike WIFOM which sounds stupid) and town only won by a thread.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Herodez

Herodez

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 121 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:448085
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
MOD: Vote Count please.

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
First days are always hard to gauge just who is who but I am still in favor of day 1 lynching because the information from today will be more useful as the day goes on.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 472 posts
  • Resources:

O.o I just got here and already we nearly have a lynch? I'm going to have to chalk this one up to april fools' too, but damn... way to make me feel behind! :facepalm:

Heh, I'm tempted to vote you just for that horrible reference, but there's been enough joke votes already and I dont want to give scum the chance to quickly eliminate someone with no thought.

Oh, and for the new people: Each day there is a voting threshold required to lynch, equal to (# people left alive / 2 (round down)) + 1: basically just over half. So today with 11 people alive, 6 would lynch. ONCE THE LYNCH MAJORITY IS REACHED, IT CANNOT BE TAKEN BACK! We ran into this last round; I unvoted to give time for further consideration after it had reached the majority but before the actual 'lynch' happened... but Mole ruled that the lynch happened anyway (And EM was town :-p). Be aware that scum can add their votes quickly in a 'blitz' to kick the vote total over the point of no return if it's someone they want to lynch.

It looks like the classic lynch/no-lynch argument is getting started, so let's see what everyone has to say on that score.

I personally am not in favor of no-lynch - while I'll grant the odds are low of picking scum, actual voting for PEOPLE on the first day gives us more information to use going forward. With that said, last round was my only full game and if we'd lynched EM then we would've gotten a townie... and using CD's cop info on the second day ended up yielding one scum at least (though also a false positive). It's not unreasonable to assume we have a cop of some sort, but we have no guarantee of that. I don't have a candidate lynch target yet, obviously - I cant take anyone's posts to this point seriously due to april fools' making everyone act wierdly.

In the meantime - the april fools 'joke' vibes so far are throwing off how I would normally react to quick bandwagoning; I could see a lot of legitimate townies (and newbies) joining the fun and incriminating themselves because of the actual holiday. We had enough false positives last round so I suggest that everyone unvote to get the april fools' out of their system and then start seriously discussing lynch/no-lynch. I know CD always votes for KevinH first thing on the first day as a running non-april-fools joke between them, so that's not exactly unusual - but the rest of what's happening is a bit much.

Anyway; glad this game is FINALLY underway!

-Preston

I'm going to go ahead and unvote since we don't know the number of mafia anyway and its the 2nd.

Unvote: KevinH

I don't see us benefiting from a no-lynch at this point like you and EM said. However choosing who to actually lynch when there is literally no information at the time is hard.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter