Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

TMCWPTI #2 - Game Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
761 replies to this topic

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo
Just so people don't forget ... We didn't lynch on day 1 last game and the town won.

VOTE COUNT
KevinH (3): Narsis, CanucksDynasty, Herodez
ccabal86 (2): Nerau, Electric Mango
d3mon (1): ccabal86
Herodez (1): d3mon
Electric Mango (1): TerrorChrist

Not Voting (3): Preston, KevinH, CaoCao

With 11 Alive, 6 is needed to lynch.

Edited by molestargazer, 04 April 2011 - 10:18 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701

Just so people don't forget ... We didn't lynch on day 1 last game and the town won.

Valid point. That game really did come down to the wire. We can't know how it would've gone if we'd lynched EM on the first day; CD would've still seen Kasabian on night 1 and we'd have gotten a scum lynch on day 2... but after that we cant know how the numbers would've fallen from then on.

In the past two games we usually had someone come in with math at this point to list out various lynch scenarios, but I'm lazy to go grab it from the other thread. I'll take a brief stab at it though.

If we lynch today and get scum: Awesome! 'nuff said. Potential double-awesome: we could block a scum power role from being used.

If we lynch today and get town: Ouch. But we'll have info on who voted for him to start considering on day 2 in addition to whatever else turns up, and this information could be used to guide night 1 investigations by whatever cop we have. Potential double-ouch: we could lose a townie with a power role before it's used.

If we no-lynch today: Barring a lucky block, we lose a townie on night 1. On day 2 we have no more information to go on than day 1 unless someone found something on night 1 and decides to roleclaim on day 2. Last round this worked for us as KevinH said, but I kinda think we were lucky.

-Preston
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TerrorChrist

TerrorChrist

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 496 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:445292
  • Squadron:Delta
Well, back already (thought I'd spend the weekend with the girlfriend, but we had a good heart-to-heart talk and now there is no real reason for me to spend time with her anymore). I see a lot of stuff has been said in my short absence, but I still feel the same way about my vote as I did before.
On leave for an undetermined period, to have my Faith tested link
LOOKING FOR ONE 1-on-1 TECH PARTNER (WE ARE SELLING).

Representative of The High Council of Guardians of the Holy Scripture and all the Lands, and the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land
Posted Image Posted Image
Tech sold: 750 (+250 non-E-I-E-O approved) *** E-I-E-I-O-score: 44 (link)
Battles fought: 0 *** Victory: 0 *** Loss: 0 *** Draw: 0
Nukes taken: 0

Bi-lateral treaties
Scripture Teachings, Chapter on "The Ultimate Truth of The OGOAR", element 34,1: There IS no Spoon!

Posted Image

Behold, the glory of our Holy Warriors!!
Spoiler

The High Council of Guardians of the Scriptures and All the Lands have seen it fit to, on behalf of the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land, award me the following:
Spoiler

Disclaimer: Please note that the views RP-ed and my personal beliefs may very well diverge.

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697

Is it possible to act suspicious already, when we haven't started yet?

*Mopping up in Isle 2, mopping up in Isle 2*

Is it just me or does this post make TC look like the Janitor?
Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
My guess is that it would be for flavor only. I can see a townie trying to drop hints so other townies may pick up on them but why would a mafia member do so?

Also if he says, "clean up on isle 3", then he's the one on the PA system telling the janitor where to go, not the janitor himself.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697
EM, you would probably be right 99/100 times. He could have said "*clean up on isle 3*" but he didnt... he seems to be indicating that he is actually mopping.

It could be for flavour, but I wont be surprised if he is the janitor.
Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264

EM, you would probably be right 99/100 times. He could have said "*clean up on isle 3*" but he didnt... he seems to be indicating that he is actually mopping.

It could be for flavour, but I wont be surprised if he is the janitor.

Are you suggesting that he is a mafia janitor?
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha

Valid point. That game really did come down to the wire. We can't know how it would've gone if we'd lynched EM on the first day; CD would've still seen Kasabian on night 1 and we'd have gotten a scum lynch on day 2... but after that we cant know how the numbers would've fallen from then on.

In the past two games we usually had someone come in with math at this point to list out various lynch scenarios, but I'm lazy to go grab it from the other thread. I'll take a brief stab at it though.

If we lynch today and get scum: Awesome! 'nuff said. Potential double-awesome: we could block a scum power role from being used.

If we lynch today and get town: Ouch. But we'll have info on who voted for him to start considering on day 2 in addition to whatever else turns up, and this information could be used to guide night 1 investigations by whatever cop we have. Potential double-ouch: we could lose a townie with a power role before it's used.

If we no-lynch today: Barring a lucky block, we lose a townie on night 1. On day 2 we have no more information to go on than day 1 unless someone found something on night 1 and decides to roleclaim on day 2. Last round this worked for us as KevinH said, but I kinda think we were lucky.

-Preston

you need to remember, we aren't just looking at today. we are looking at the game as a whole. for any single given day, it's more beneficial for the town to no lynch until they find mafia in some way or another. but over the course of the entire game, that'd result in a town loss.

Is it just me or does this post make TC look like the Janitor?

you are suggesting that there is a janitor?

well that about does it. i'm going with Kevin, ccabal, and d3mon as the 3 mafia.

game over; town wins.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
Wow Narsis...I can't believe you figured it out so quickly.
:lol:
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:

Wow Narsis...I can't believe you figured it out so quickly.
:lol:

well they practically threw it in my lap!

Posted Image

Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

well that about does it. i'm going with Kevin, ccabal, and d3mon as the 3 mafia.

game over; town wins.

Dammit, and I really thought we had this game wrapped up this time <_<

On a serious note, there is some pretty good discussion going on, but I'd really like to hear everyone's opinion on the lynch/no-lynch issue.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701

you need to remember, we aren't just looking at today. we are looking at the game as a whole. for any single given day, it's more beneficial for the town to no lynch until they find mafia in some way or another. but over the course of the entire game, that'd result in a town loss.

This is true - but absent a roleclaim on day 2 we won't be any better off then. If there's either no cop (unlikely) or there IS a cop but they find nothing (possible), there won't be a day 2 roleclaim to shift the equilibrium. Absent some sort of investigative role or other source of information, we need information to shift the equilibrium - and since it's safe for scum to vote no-lynch, there's no way to identify them by that.

It's a valid option to wait until day 2 and see if a roleclaim happens - but otherwise, we'll be having the same discussion on day 2 with no more information than we have today. Everyone advocating no-lynch should be aware that they are gambling on more information being available on day 2 than day 1, when that may not be the case. That said, last round CD gave us good intel on day 2 - but then CD had a guard role guaranteed to see EVERYTHING that happened at night. We might not have the same thing again.

-Preston
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:

This is true - but absent a roleclaim on day 2 we won't be any better off then. If there's either no cop (unlikely) or there IS a cop but they find nothing (possible), there won't be a day 2 roleclaim to shift the equilibrium. Absent some sort of investigative role or other source of information, we need information to shift the equilibrium - and since it's safe for scum to vote no-lynch, there's no way to identify them by that.

It's a valid option to wait until day 2 and see if a roleclaim happens - but otherwise, we'll be having the same discussion on day 2 with no more information than we have today. Everyone advocating no-lynch should be aware that they are gambling on more information being available on day 2 than day 1, when that may not be the case. That said, last round CD gave us good intel on day 2 - but then CD had a guard role guaranteed to see EVERYTHING that happened at night. We might not have the same thing again.

-Preston

i think you misunderstood my point. i'm saying that for the sake of the game we should lynch.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:

Dammit, and I really thought we had this game wrapped up this time <_<

On a serious note, there is some pretty good discussion going on, but I'd really like to hear everyone's opinion on the lynch/no-lynch issue.

i'm entirely serious.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TerrorChrist

TerrorChrist

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 496 posts
  • Resources:

Are you suggesting that he is a mafia janitor?

Why on earth would the mafia have a janitor?

Representative of The High Council of Guardians of the Holy Scripture and all the Lands, and the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land

Bi-lateral treaties
Scripture Teachings, Chapter on "The Ultimate Truth of The OGOAR", element 34,1: There IS no Spoon!

Posted Image

Spoiler

The High Council of Guardians of the Scriptures and All the Lands have seen it fit to, on behalf of the Chosen People of Holy Promised Land, award me the following:
Spoiler

Disclaimer: Please note that the views RP-ed and my personal beliefs may very well diverge.

AKCPLUTO

AKCPLUTO

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 338 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
I can't resist cracking a joke here - the mafia may want to have some clean fun!

*Runs back to the nosebleed section*

Emmanuel

Emmanuel

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 472 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:473725
  • Souls Baptized:295,748

Why on earth would the mafia have a janitor?

Why can't they have some type of informant or someone disguised as a janitor?

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TerrorChrist

TerrorChrist

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 496 posts
  • Resources:
Okay, now I am officially confused.

Bi-lateral treaties

Posted Image

Spoiler

Spoiler

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

I can't resist cracking a joke here - the mafia may want to have some clean fun!

OR they may want to mop up the game quickly

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

Nobody knows nothin'.

I'll wait until after April Fools Day to cast my serious no-lynch vote.

Vote: no-lynch

Proof in point. OMGUS!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter