Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Imperails vs republic Mafia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
303 replies to this topic

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
  • Squadron:Kilo
Unvote: KevinH
Vote: Beebs

I'm a noob

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SirCrocodile

SirCrocodile

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 57 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:484776
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

My suspicions are not based on air. I find it very suspicious that SirCrocodile confirmed so early. Almost 12 hrs before I even received my game pm. So it is likely that those who are scum were given role pms early..and those who are inncocent (me) received role pms later on in the day.

aaand..it is more fun to lynch then to do no lynch. :V

What is that based on? I could have forgone checking the role PM for perhaps 3 hours and my role would not have changed any. How do you know I got my PM early? Maybe you just got one late. Maybe you chose not to respond as quickly as I did. That argument is invalid.

You want to random lynch. That seems to be a bit suspicious mindset you have because if you're Mafia, you know who your allies are (Assuming they are a single faction) so you don't care who dies, just that a town dies.

SirCrocodile

SirCrocodile

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 57 posts
  • Resources:
Double posted. Oops.

Edited by SirCrocodile, 20 January 2012 - 09:24 PM.

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
Again an edit.

FoS: SirCrocodile

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SirCrocodile

SirCrocodile

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 57 posts
  • Resources:
I edited out a double post. Is that suspicious?

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
Sir Crocodile, editing of posts regardless of the reason is disallowed.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:

Wow, this is better discussion on day one than in any other game. Sorry to be late *cowers from the wrath of Electric Mango*

There has got to be a cop, but with accusations already flying, I'd rather not no lynch so fast and see if we can instead find a good pick for scum.

Looks to me like Imran's vote was relatively arbitrary, but Kaziocore placed a second pretty quickly. I wonder why they both picked the same target right out of the gate...
neither of them gave real specific reasons for SirCrocodile that distinguished him from the other no-lynch voters.

Same with the relatively fast voting on no lynch...
The scum would want relatively few discussions...
so the only way to go against it is to vote
Regardless if I chose KevinH instead, someone will still point that out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:

I edited out a double post. Is that suspicious?

Editing posts would allow scum to go back and change or delete parts of their conversation. A townies main weapon is his/her ability to research posts and look for clues and voting patterns that help them catch mafia.

I believe you edited your posts innocently, but since there is no way to verify your original post there is no way to tell.

Golden Rule, do not edit posts for any reason :)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
Lynch v. No Lynch

I believe that it is in the town's best interest to lynch on Day 1. There can be information gathered during conversation we have during this day and more importantly, we will have the beginning of voting records and patterns as well. With a quick no lynch vote, we would begin Day 2 with as little knowledge as we have today. Rock the vote.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SirCrocodile

SirCrocodile

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 57 posts
  • Resources:
Following that train of thought, I have to ask; we have little knowledge, only when people confirmed and who voted for who based on that. There is no real reason to vote for anybody, so a no lynch would be in place. The problem with that is that as Electric Mango said, a no lynch would leave us where we are today minus a few people who were night killed and possibly a cop investigation. A truly random lynch is best at the moment, with no real reason to accuse or defend and we all have to take a stand behind a single chosen victim or we will not get enough votes behind a single person to lynch.
Who should be lynched?
unvote

KF2001

KF2001

Wrought IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 192 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471739
  • Souls Baptized:76,761
  • Squadron:Alpha
unvote

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
Hehe, I remember when we were scum (in a game that took place about a thousand years ago, and with EM in fact), we also heavily pushed for a Day 1lynch. After all, the lynch is likely to miss and we have 1 less townie to deal with.

Then again after playing a few games I came to the conclusion that the benefits of Lynching / No-Lynching are all very situational and exclusively depend on the game setup. Since on Day 1 we have no idea of the roles, no strong arguments can be made for either strategy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

unvote

Just like that? No reasoning? :ph34r:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
While there doesn't have to be a cop, there usually is a cop or at least some kind of investigative role.

A random lynch has a greater probability of hitting a townie than a scum.
A random lynch could also hit the cop or some other townie power role.

I don't want to take that chance.

Anyone that does take that chance is not acting in the best interests of the town.

Nevertheless, I like the discussion -- it can guide decisions in future days when it is in the best interest of the town to lynch.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180
Why lynching is better than no lynching:

1. There may or may not be a cop and if there is a cop he may get killed leaving us with no info.

2. If we lynch a scum through a random lynch, we know for sure that the ones who voted for him are not scum. Then its a matter of time to narrow down to those who voted for someone else or no lynching.

3. If we lynch a townie, we still narrow down the possibilities of scum because the scum would have joined the bandwagon in lynching the townie. We lose a townie but gain valuable information while doing so.

4. Reading the actions of others reacting to people being accused is also giving us valuable info, as well as those looking to switch their choice of votes (they want to blend in and are looking at where the general consensus is going).

So a flurry of no lynch votes gives us nothing. We are being reactive and waiting for the scum to make their move. However, even a random lynch has a lot of advantages.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
More often than not, it is better not to lynch on day 1.

In hindsight, one can argue that we should have lynched (random or based on discussion), but the fact is that only the scum know who they are at the start.

They will let the town lynch a townie or try to direct discussion away from themselves.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
If we lynch, the scum are happy to have one less townie.

Any townies that voted for the lynch come under suspicion and the scum stay under the radar for yet another day.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
So what would you propose
for us to do at day 2 if we all
voted no lynch?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

BeeBs

BeeBs

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 417 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:468658
  • Squadron:Alpha

A random lynch has a greater probability of hitting a townie than a scum.
A random lynch could also hit the cop or some other townie power role.

It seems like you're playing both sides unfairly here. The probability we hit a townie power role is quite low, as you point out in your first reason, but your second reason is that very concern.
Any lynch could hit a cop or a doc so long as they haven't role claimed or otherwise been identified.

I agree there is probably a cop, and I hope we have a chance to follow him, but I think with the relatively high number of players in this game we can chance losing a townie on day one to get the information and procede more efficiently in the coming days.

Ok i just noticed he posted 2 hrs earlier than others...not 12 hrs. my bad. but still "off with his head!"

This doesn't sit well with me. You noticed an obvious flaw in your orignal reason, but still held your vote. The remaining reason of a two hour delay, and frankly the first as well, seems like it was not thought through well at all. There could have been a multitude of reasons for this.

Furthermore, I find it a bit suspicious that Imran Ehsan and Kaziocore have been so closely tied. Both voting for Sir Crocodile early, then both pushing for a lynch pretty vocally after that. There might be something there as far as connected roles are concerned.

However, seeing as Kaziocore already addressed this with me in a post at least, and because if the theory is right Sir Crocodile would be the initiator with Kaziocore following...
Vote: Imran Ehsan

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SirCrocodile

SirCrocodile

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 57 posts
  • Resources: