Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KH-01] TSUNOMI (sic): The Semi Ultimate Normal Open Mafia Incongruity

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
231 replies to this topic

Xx Karl xX

Xx Karl xX

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,478 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492664
  • Souls Baptized:4815162342
Ok then, i guess based off of Rafay scummy reaction to Kazio,

vote: Rafay
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Total Wars Fought:

Rogues: 2, VE: 5, Sparta: 4

Equilibrium War Stats:
Against VE nation #1: Soldiers Lost: 13,283 -- Infra Lost: 311.19 -- Land Lost: 6,072.29 -- NUKES EATEN: 5
Against VE nation #2: Soldiers Lost: 7,530-- Infra Lost: 251.73-- Land Lost: 8,930.64-- NUKES EATEN: 6
Against VE nation #3: Nothin, cuz he's a pansy
Against VE nation #4: Soldiers Lost: 2,706 -- Infra Lost: 65.06 -- Land Lost: 2,281.09 -- NUKES EATEN: 2

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697

Mafia is all about scum hunting. You don't rely on power roles even if the game is closed.
For example I voted Rafay, I got a reaction that is suspicious from Rafay. We need wagons in the game.

Since this is a closed game, it's all the more needed that we don't rely on cops and the like.
1) You're not sure they will survive to tell their information (look at the last game with Alternate_Tree).
Then everyone will go moan and say this game is finished and everyone will start voting randomly
2) The mafia can have roles like the godfather, framer and other versions of the power roles the town has that could corrupt the cops.

I agree that Mafia is all about scum hunting. The problem is that on day 1 any lynch will be done based on a whim or a player reaction that can be tagged as suspicious. In this game, Rafay's reaction can be tagged as suspicious but if you look at other games he has played, I believe he has always reacted like this to any vote on him and well.. I take consistency as a sign of townliness.

Now, since there are 11 players in the game, I believe that it would be reasonable to assume that there are 3 scum and probably an equal number of strong town roles. So any lynch on day 1 has equal probability of being good or catastrophically bad for the town.

As I said before, I am not against lynch on day 1 but based on the level of information that we have atm, I would prefer no lynch.
Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651
  • Squadron:Delta
With the fact that every townie is a power role and every Mafia is a power role, any loss of a single townie role would be well worth the potential of eliminating one of the Mafia this early in the game, and potentially removing a very powerful role before it has the chance to starting working the game in their favor.

Also, I must remind some of our less attentive players that in the list of roles he made available for this game was included Serial killer. (yeah I know, it doesn't mean it's in the game it means that it could be.) He also hinted that there might be a 3rd party I.E. a serial killer.

With only 11 players, losing a potential 2 townies a night doesn't sound very helpful. We have to take a shot in the dark here and hope for the best. It's still well worth it considering the roles.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo
Time for a vote count
Nobody close to lynch now
Five days to deadline

No Lynch (2): Electric Mango, d3mon
Rafay (2): Kaziocore, Xx Karl xX
Kaziocore (1): Rafay
cam177 (1): Chaplain of death

Not Voting (5): cam177, Imran Ehsan, Alternate_Tree, leonidas, Aenir

Deadline: October 23, 2012 at 17:00 server time

Votes needed to lynch: 6
Votes needed at deadline: 3

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
For Kaziocore not to know we had night actions he either had one of the following roles. I'm striking Innocent Child off of the list because KevinH would have had to tell us that role existed before the game started.

Miller
Innocent Child
Doublevoter
Mafia Traitor

That would mean that he has a 1 in 3 chance of being scum. That's better odds than just random voting for Rafay. Also by lynching Kaziocore, we know that we're not going to be lynching a cop or anyone else with a really good power role.

So, that being said,

Unvote: No Lynch
Vote: Kaziocore

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
The above logic is so far as I can tell undeniable

unvote: Can177

[bvote: Kaziocore][/b]

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697

For Kaziocore not to know we had night actions he either had one of the following roles. I'm striking Innocent Child off of the list because KevinH would have had to tell us that role existed before the game started.

Miller
Innocent Child
Doublevoter
Mafia Traitor

That would mean that he has a 1 in 3 chance of being scum. That's better odds than just random voting for Rafay. Also by lynching Kaziocore, we know that we're not going to be lynching a cop or anyone else with a really good power role.

So, that being said,

Its also possible that scum was not allowed to kill anyone on night 1 (which if Kazio is scum would explain why he didn't know about the possibilty of using the ability on night 1)..

Anyhow, I believe that we have a very decent chance of lynching a scum by lynching Kazio.. Good catch EM..

Unvote
Vote:Kazio

Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
vote: kaziocore

Failed at bolding, I'm ashamed.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180
This feels like a quick bandwagon to a lynch so I will wait to cast my vote until I hear from Kazio. My preference would be to lynch the inactives first if we go for the lynch on Day 1.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
unvote: Kaziocore

We have plenty of time before this day ends, we shouldn't jump to conclusions quite yet. We have our likely suspects, but as Imran said, lets wait till we hear from them till we try to lynch anyone.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
I also doubt that there is a serial killer in this game.

Quoted from mafiawiki:

Serial Killer exists to ratchet up the death count per Night and raise the swing of the game tremendously due to the SK's independent motivation. These are somewhat desirable in fairly stable Large games, but in role madness or smaller games SKs tend to lead to uncomfortable situations where their actions play a disproportionate role in deciding the game.

Since this is a smaller game and role madness, I'm almost positive that KevinH would not have placed one in this game since he obviously did a lot of research on this same website in preparation for this game.

That being said, I don't know how this will benefit us right away but something worth pointing out none the less.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
Unvote: Rafay

Vote: Chaplain of Death

I applaud your effort in bandwagoning.
When Imran noticed this, you quickly unvoted.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:

Miller
Innocent Child
Doublevoter
Mafia Traitor

So, that being said,

Or not all roles can use their night actions in Day 1?
You assume too much considering this is a closed game.
At best, it is a null tell and find the scummy.

I was the one who told everyone that we should scum hunt instead of
wasting our time outguessing the mod.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
I'm positive that there's scum in my bandwagon.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:

We have plenty of time before this day ends, we shouldn't jump to conclusions quite yet. We have our likely suspects, but as Imran said, lets wait till we hear from them till we try to lynch anyone.

You think we have plenty time? Four days is barely enough to do some actual scum hunting
We even barely scum hunted today. Everyone is just posting two to three sentences at the most.
and most will probably sheep someone and in effect, the mafia could hide in the wagon easily.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118
Wow just wow. Chaplain just changed vote so quickly I mean that was fast. I think I'll hold on to my instincts for now despite Chaplain's hiccup..... I believe is the term.
But it just got a helluva lot interesting.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Alternate_Tree

Alternate_Tree

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 618 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:495854
  • Souls Baptized:338,846
I don't know if we really need a day 1 lynch, because last night the scum were stopped, so I'm thinking that someone got their guess right with a roleblock/saving a person. It doesn't really make sense to me with so many power roles that we just start killing off people when no one has died. Sure both sides have power roles, but with no vanilla roles, the town can actually accomplish something during the night phase more than just waiting for the cop to ID each and every scum.

Vote: No Lynch

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
I made the mistake of thinking we had to lynch right this instance. We have several days before this day ends, no need to rush it. I withdrew my vote so that the 3 mafia that we assume are in the game wouldn't band wagon for a kill on kazio if he is a townie. I don't really care that it looks scummy because it was the right thing to do to take the vote off when I realized my mistake.

The fact that Kazio voted for Rafay and now for me however would indicate that hes throwing things at the wall just to see what sticks to get a lynch rather than actually searching for any bit of evidence. Which in turn, makes him look scummy. I will however, withhold my vote for the above reasoning.

I voted because of my experience last game with several days of no-lynch being our downfall. Excuse me for letting past experience get the better of me.

I do however find it interesting that both Kazio and Rafay jumped to pointing fingers at me here though, convenient way to turn attention away from yourself without making a defense I suppose.

Kind of funny how these 2 who were just at odds voting for each other suddenly turn on someone else, almost as if they were both scum and voting for each other to throw people off. Interesting methods you two employ. Very interesting indeed.

Regardless, as I said, I made a mistake in putting my vote on kaz that early, though I'm fairly certain I was not wrong to do so now, and that mistake was pointed out by Imran. I'd rather make the mistake and retract the vote at the cost of appearances than have a potential townie lynched by mafia band wagoning.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
If my above post sounds a bit incoherent and repeats itself (as I know it does) that's because I was re-reading Kazio's and Rafay's posts as I wrote it.

Sorry if its hard to follow.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Aenir

Aenir

Steadfast

• Military - Field Marshal
  • 3,518 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:479751
  • Souls Baptized:3,543,513

Kind of funny how these 2 who were just at odds voting for each other suddenly turn on someone else, almost as if they were both scum and voting for each other to throw people off. Interesting methods you two employ. Very interesting indeed.

I noticed this as well. It's suspicious that you two would vote for each other immediately and then switch to the same person later.
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter