Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IRON Meetup?

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630
  • Squadron:Kilo

Even for those under 21 New Orleans and Vegas would still be fun. I've been to New Orleans underage (granted I still ended up drinking there) but the seeing and hearing about the history of it was worth it enough to me. Vegas has some amazing shows that people of any age would enjoy.

Also the IRON shirts would be pretty funny :P

While the idea of Colorado sounds amazing to me and I would be able to visit a friend I haven't seen in a couple years, I don't think that would work out as well. Simply because it is geared towards a single event so only those who ski/snowboard would find the most enjoyment out of it. By choosing a venue of a large city such as Vegas it opens up a large variety of things to do so its more likely to be enjoyed by a larger crowd.

If we chose Chicago I could ask about some places to go see. Last time i visited family there it was around the 4th of July so we blew some stuff up and then stayed at my uncles house that was on a lake outside of Chicago (the name escapes me) and took out my cousins seadoos. So I would be fine seeing the rest of what Chicago has to offer.

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

You in Theo?

If there's a meet I'll be there.

Awesome. Are you living in the states these days? Or are you still in Europe? 

Nope. But I'm in US at least six times a year, so its not an issue.

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

Even for those under 21 New Orleans and Vegas would still be fun. I've been to New Orleans underage (granted I still ended up drinking there) but the seeing and hearing about the history of it was worth it enough to me. Vegas has some amazing shows that people of any age would enjoy.

Also the IRON shirts would be pretty funny :P

While the idea of Colorado sounds amazing to me and I would be able to visit a friend I haven't seen in a couple years, I don't think that would work out as well. Simply because it is geared towards a single event so only those who ski/snowboard would find the most enjoyment out of it. By choosing a venue of a large city such as Vegas it opens up a large variety of things to do so its more likely to be enjoyed by a larger crowd.

If we chose Chicago I could ask about some places to go see. Last time i visited family there it was around the 4th of July so we blew some stuff up and then stayed at my uncles house that was on a lake outside of Chicago (the name escapes me) and took out my cousins seadoos. So I would be fine seeing the rest of what Chicago has to offer.

I have been to New Orelans underage and didn't really get to do a whole lot. I'm sure there would be things to do, but they just wouldn't have as much fun as we would. :P Honestly, I don't even think that we would have to really worry about anyone under 21. Unless they are really close to turning 21, like 20 or maybe 19, parents probably wouldn't let those of us who are underage attend an event like this.

I have an IRON shirt already. I would likely wear it at some point.

Chicago would be a decent city to do this imo. There is a lot to do and a lot of hotels where we could rent a giant room to have an event like this. I am also in favor of New Orleans. Been there a few times, most recently 2 or 3 years ago and really got to enjoy the French Quarter and Bourbon Street.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

You in Theo?

If there's a meet I'll be there.

Awesome. Are you living in the states these days? Or are you still in Europe? 

Nope. But I'm in US at least six times a year, so its not an issue.

Well we would certainly enjoy having you if we do something like this.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
Would anyone else be interested in something like this?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Meterman

Meterman

3rd President of IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 757 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:117814
  • Souls Baptized:4,308,952

I would definitely try my best to be wherever we decided the get together would be. I have a new nomination city though that is along the lines of New Orleans and Vegas. I nominate:

Austin, TX

Only because I am already here and Austin is right up there with The Big Easy and Vegas as far as being a party town with some great food. Austin is home to SXSW (South by Southwest Film festival), Austin City Limits, 6th Street, Brand new Formula One race track, Longhorns, and a music scene that rivals Nashville.

Also I would love to go to Vegas or The Big Easy but wanted to throw Austin into the hat.

Hope to see y'all somewhere and sometime! 

Proud to have served as the 3rd President of IRON
Ferro Credimus!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Theophilos

Theophilos

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,696 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320624
  • Souls Baptized:5,332,509

I wouldn't mind Austin either.

mJnoONX.png

Partout où nécessité fait loi

Quodsi ea mihi maxime inpenderet tamen hoc animo fui semper, ut invidiam virtute partam gloriam, non invidiam putarem

3TPCKxk.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Riptide

Riptide

The Glowing One

• BR|Member
  • 1,723 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:468521
  • Souls Baptized:6,227,976

- I'm pretty much down for practically anywhere in the US as I am now in San Diego so the westcoast or the southwest is a drive away...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT FOR FAME OR REWARD
NOT FOR PLACE OR FOR RANK
NOT FOR LURED BY AMBITION OR GOADED BY NECESSITY
BUT IN SIMPLE - OBEDIENCE TO DUTY.

"Learn it right and you will do it right the rest of your life, learn it wrong and you will spend the rest of your life trying to get it right; and in battle, you meatheads that get it wrong, the rest of your life will be very short."

Sergeant Steve Prazenka - 28th Infantry Division - "The Bloody Bucket Division" - WWII

===

HangTen War of Destruction Stats:
Nations Fought: 102 (GPA: 1; LSF: 4; NpO: 23; OcUK: 1; Rogue: 2; Sparta: 23; STA: 10, TLR: 8; TOP: 4; VE: 12; NADC: 1; NG: 2; Mongols: 1;Nordreich: 4; FAN: 6; TIO: 1)
Offensive: 88; Defensive: 14

*Nuke taken and Nuke Launched...Lost count, let's just say I didn't earn my nickname, 'The Glowing One' without taken or launched a ship load of nukes...

Current campaign stats - 18 wars; 17 offensive; 1 defensive -

===

***NOTHING CHANGES UNTIL YOU DO...***

===

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Baron Aaron

Baron Aaron

Steadfast

• BR|Member
  • 2,731 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:267010
  • Souls Baptized:1,316,864
I'm in! Vegas has my vote (I'm headed there in April)

Seattle is another easy place to fly into but it raiins too much here :(

Give me a months notice I can be almost anywhere in the US for a weekend.
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=267010

IRON Strong since 3/30/08
baron.aaron.iron on Skype
Proper preparation is the difference between sending and receiving defeat notices.

http://ironcentral.org/community/topic/37553-i-am-iron

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

I would definitely try my best to be wherever we decided the get together would be. I have a new nomination city though that is along the lines of New Orleans and Vegas. I nominate:

Austin, TX

Only because I am already here and Austin is right up there with The Big Easy and Vegas as far as being a party town with some great food. Austin is home to SXSW (South by Southwest Film festival), Austin City Limits, 6th Street, Brand new Formula One race track, Longhorns, and a music scene that rivals Nashville.

Also I would love to go to Vegas or The Big Easy but wanted to throw Austin into the hat.

Hope to see y'all somewhere and sometime! 

For that matter we could also consider San Antonio. I've personally never been there, but I hear they have a lot to do as well. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

I'm in! Vegas has my vote (I'm headed there in April)

Seattle is another easy place to fly into but it raiins too much here :(

Give me a months notice I can be almost anywhere in the US for a weekend.

Awesome!

What if we tried to get something together for next Summer (Summer 2014) some time? Would Summer be a good time of year for most people?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

I'm up for this. Costs are about 5-700 for us UK lads.

Also if people would be interested in doing something Europe direction I'm up for that.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

You are definitely coming to the U.S. for this Blade.

NA is going to have some fun.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Baldr

Baldr

Steadfast

• NM|Former Member
  • 2,613 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:205313
  • Souls Baptized:6,301,834

I live in Dallas, and if the timing worked out, I'd be up for something anywhere in Texas, and would probably go for New Orleans.  Further than that, I'd probably pass.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

After seeing the responses to this thread so far, it seems like Texas has a lot of votes. New Orleans is also getting mentioned quite a bit.

Would anyone who voted for Vegas be willing to do Texas or New Orleans if that's what we decided on?

If we looked at Texas, which city? Dallas? Houston? Austin? San Antonio?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordEmperor

LordEmperor

The ex-Headmaster

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 11,386 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:256396
  • Souls Baptized:5,312,827

1. Vegas

2. Dallas

3. Miami

That's the vote for me.

eadmaster of the Academy, Kilo CO, Echo CO/XO/MS, Recruiting Director, Deputy Postmaster General,
Presidium, Trading Post Director, Recruiter, Maintainer, Award Panel, Admission Staff, Student of the Month, and Diplomat
IRON Member of the Month for January 2013; Longest Serving Commanding Officer

In charge of; Great Chosun Empire
Infinite Glory and Honor of IRON beyond Mere Imagination

Pre-M.P. - 435,930 Attacking + 1,257,468 Defending = 1,693,398 Casualties (4.09%)
Post-M.P. - 1,455,463 Attacking + 2,734,186 Defending = 4,189,649 Casualties (6.74%)

Currently - 1,884,874 Attacking + 3,427,953 Defending = 5,312,827 Casualties (21.19%)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
If we got it all planned out LE, would you still come if we decided on a different city?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Bump.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

President Mudbrick

President Mudbrick

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:489442
  • Souls Baptized:174,910

As a Texas native, Houston is alright, but to find any worthwhile activites afterwards usually requires someone in the know. San Antonio is somewhat the same, and while both places have some nightlife, Austin is your best bet of the three. If you're going anywhere in Texas, Austin would be my pick, as it also affords people a chance to experience the atmosphere of the place. Killing two birds with one stone, as it were.

New Orleans or Vegas both would be rad choices, but I haven't been to N'awlins but once after the storm. There were several places we used to "adventure" to that various bartenders were telling us are no virtual no-goes, as the criminal element has grown pretty serious. Around Mardi Gras time, the city puts on a good face, but I was a little nervous outside of that week. Vegas is great (made my last trip last February  before last for my honeymoon), but a little tough on the pocketbook.

Regardless, I think this is a great idea. I'd like to shake some hands, buy some drinks, and put faces to names and names to faces.

I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy.
-John Adams

"President Mudbrick you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON." -bay102174 on 27 Mar 2013

Nukes Eaten For Iron: 13

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lorikz Kain

Lorikz Kain

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,105 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:339638
  • Souls Baptized:4,484,630

July is normally a no go for me, I usually have AT during that month but any other time during summer, assuming cash flow doesn't become any issue between now and then, I would be fine with about anywhere so long as there's drinks and good times.

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent! That means we can attack in any direction!"

Former: Councilor, Secretary of State, Academy Headmaster, BoI Editor In Chief, Postmaster General,

Diplomacy Director, Diplomat, Express Delivery Staff, RADAR (SWAG), Mentor, Recruiter,

Echo CO, Echo XO, Delta XO, Alpha MS, Mentor Staff, Academy Staff, Vault (Mattech)

(TLDR: No Longer Relevant)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

I guarantee that there will be drinks and good times awaiting us wherever we decide to meet.

Thank you for the input President Mudbrick.

Any other ideas for locations or ideas about what we might be able to do?

Edited by The Warrior, 28 March 2013 - 05:11 PM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users