Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KH-06] The Battle of the Five Armies Mafia - Town Wins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
524 replies to this topic

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701
  • Squadron:Kilo

And now we're at a 6-person no lynch wagon, not even 24 hours into the day. O.o 

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

Actually can we get a votecount to go with the new page? I'd like to capture where everyone is at this point. The first few no-lynch votes are one thing; each vote that takes it closer to ending day 1 before an actual day has passed makes me wonder about those jumping on the wagon. 

-Preston

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nick The Great

Nick The Great

Quenched

• NM|Former Member
  • 313 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:544955
  • Souls Baptized:216,319

So, Preston said "I dont fully agree with this, even after the debacle of last game - we need some information going into day 2 beyond waiting for night role info, otherwise night 1 is a freebie for the scum" with my no lynch vote.  I see what he is saying, we would just be letting scum kill us without info, but its also better than voting out another townie.  I also haven't seen anyone acting scummy yet, so I'll leave my vote.

"How can the sky be the limit when there are footprints on the moon?"
"Always listen to your heart. It's on your left side but will always be right."
"I used to wonder why you make me suffer, now I realize in the end it made me tougher."
"I plan to eat with the people I starved with."
"Those who think they know everything are a great annoyance who those of us who actually do."
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission"

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697

I don't like the fact that we are so close to no lynch. I understand the votes(its KevinH's game) but imho no lynch without discussion is worse than a townie being lynched.

Unvote

Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nick The Great

Nick The Great

Quenched

• NM|Former Member
  • 313 posts
  • Resources:

I don't like the fact that we are so close to no lynch. I understand the votes(its KevinH's game) but imho no lynch without discussion is worse than a townie being lynched.

Unvote

I didn't vote like that based on it being Kevin's game.  (Maybe it's an inside joke, I don't understand what that has to do with it.) but I think it's good to No-Lynch on the first day, since you can't really gather a whole lot by just 1 day of posts, where nobody has info.  If someone starts to act scummy, we could vote for them.  Until then, I am going to go with the viewpoint that everyone is innocent until proven guilty.  That being said, if someone does something that doesn't seem right, we should vote them, but unless this happens, the No-Lynch is the best option.

Nick The Great

"I used to wonder why you make me suffer, now I realize in the end it made me tougher."
"Those who think they know everything are a great annoyance who those of us who actually do."

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Beorn, Robert2424 (1): Montosh
  • Thranduil, D3mon (1): Imran Ehsan
  • Gandalf the Grey, Lyner (1): Kaziocore
  • Radagast the Brown, Rafay (1): Preston
  • Bard the Bowman, ABigDeer (0)
  • Dain II Ironfoot, Electric Mango (0)
  • Thorin Oakenshield, Imran Ehsan (0)
  • Legolas Greenleaf, Kaziocore (0)
  • Bilbo Baggins, Montosh (0)
  • Girion, Nick The Great (0)
  • Bain, Preston (0)
  • Gwaihir the Windlord, TBRaiders (0)
  • No-Lynch (5): Nick The Great, TBRaiders, Rafay, Electric Mango, Lyner
  • Not Voting (3): ABigDeer, Robert2424, D3mon

Deadline is 1200 EST, Monday, January 12.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch, or 4 at deadline.

Just to be clear, if No-Lynch gets 7 votes, the day ends immediately without a lynch. If nobody has 4 votes on January 12, the day ends without a lynch.

TBRaiders is away until January 2.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nick The Great

Nick The Great

Quenched

• NM|Former Member
  • 313 posts
  • Resources:

Thanks KevinH.  Can someone explain the fake names next to our names on that vote count?  It doesn't make sense to me, since I know nothing about LoTR, and am rather new to the Mafia game

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

If you have something that is X-Shot, you only get to use it X times.

If it doesn't work (for any reason like roleblock, protection, or whatever), you have lost 1 of the uses.

In the night scene, I will indicate where arrows flew and whether they hit their mark or not.

Please don't read too much into the character names.  Lyner as Gandalf does not have wizard powers and Montosh as Bilbo cannot put on the One Ring and turn invisible.  Five Armies does not mean five factions in this game.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nick The Great

Nick The Great

Quenched

• NM|Former Member
  • 313 posts
  • Resources:

Please don't read too much into the character names.  Lyner as Gandalf does not have wizard powers and Montosh as Bilbo cannot put on the One Ring and turn invisible.  Five Armies does not mean five factions in this game.

This is the part I was wondering about.  I was trying to figure out if the Character names meant anything, and was also confused because I know nothing about Lord of The Rings, or the Hobbit, so I wanted clarification on what the roles did.

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Thanks KevinH.  Can someone explain the fake names next to our names on that vote count?  It doesn't make sense to me, since I know nothing about LoTR, and am rather new to the Mafia game

They are just characters in the story and will be used for "flavor".  Every character listed is a good guy, but some will truly be a bad guy.  You don't need to know anything about the stories.  It's all standard mafia mechanics at work.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

I lost my longer post when clicking back to get another multiquote; serves me right I guess. You're spared one of my longer walls of text by virtue of my not having time to retype it all - new years plans mean I'm about to be out for the night. 

Short version:

It's worrisome to me that we reached L-1 barely 12 hours into Day 1. I understand this is Kevin's game and he has a history of pushing Day 1 No-Lynch, but that's no reason to end Day 1 so fast - has everyone even posted yet? No question that losing a townie role on day 1 hurts, but silence only serves the scum by letting them lurk. Without giving people a chance to talk, any town roles have no context to choose whom to investigate or defend, assuming such roles are in the game at all... Kevin certainly gave us a laundry list of possibilities. No-lynch is about the safest vote a scum can make because it doesn't make them oppose anyone, and we just had a six votes go that way. Because of the above, I appreciate d3mon's unvoting to stop the day from ending too fast. 

I'll have more time to come back and post tomorrow; might get to skim the thread on my phone later, but don't count on it!

-Preston

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

Nothing cynical about trying something new Preston...... Hold your votes, I say!!

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nick The Great

Nick The Great

Quenched

• NM|Former Member
  • 313 posts
  • Resources:

Nothing cynical about trying something new Preston...... Hold your votes, I say!!

Trying new things is good, and I think a No-Lynch on day 1 seems new, as I dont think it is done often.  Either way, I think it's better to hold votes on No-Lynch until someone does something scummy.  

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

Montosh must of known I was going to vote for him today somehow, so he voted for me. I sense trickery is afoot. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nick The Great

Nick The Great

Quenched

• NM|Former Member
  • 313 posts
  • Resources:

Montosh must of known I was going to vote for him today somehow, so he voted for me. I sense trickery is afoot. 

Trickery implies that he knows something that made him vote for you.  But what is there to know, unless you are scum?

Maybe you are the one trying to pull some trickery.

Nick The Great

Nick The Great

Quenched

• NM|Former Member
  • 313 posts
  • Resources:

Just did a spy op on Robert2424 in CN, and failed.  Does that mean that he doesn't have a role?  I think he's a vanilla townie since i spied and got nothing.  That is how that works right?  I think CN is broken tho, therefore, Rob, what is there for Montosh to have gained with said trickery anyway?

d3mon

d3mon

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,759 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:444930
  • Souls Baptized:2,707,697

I think it was supposed to be a joke.

Posted Image

An refert, ubi et in qua arrigas?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TBRaiders

TBRaiders

Something Else

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 295 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:142641
  • Souls Baptized:26,300,019

I personally don't think you learn much before people start dying which is why the no-lynch on Day 1.  The scum only benefit from free lynches unless we get random lucky.  People voting for people right away comes across scummy to me and if you are not scum, you are just confusing the rest of us.

Your signature may contain:
  • • Any number images
  • • Images of any size
  • • Any number of URLs
  • • Any number of lines

ABigDeer

ABigDeer

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,396 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543520
  • Souls Baptized:669,325
  • Squadron:Delta

What Preston said has described pretty well the way I feel. I am usually one to join a no lynch train if that's what people want however the quicker the day goes the easier it is for the goblins, as nothing progressive happened on the day to bring any suspicion to anyone. And the goblins know this. It just gives them a free kill and day 2 will be what we should of already had a stab at on day 1.

Alliance Wars

NpO and friends:
NpO: 20 + 3
CCC: 4 + 1
UPN: 1
STA: 1

Doom War:

Sparta: 13 + 3

OcUK: 2

TOP: 1

MI6: 1

This War:

STA: 2

Nukes landed in Phati: 31

(6 this war)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

Just did a spy op on Robert2424 in CN, and failed.  Does that mean that he doesn't have a role?  I think he's a vanilla townie since i spied and got nothing.  That is how that works right?  I think CN is broken tho, therefore, Rob, what is there for Montosh to have gained with said trickery anyway?

Spy Op? Really now. 

Vote Nick The Great

Sound like treachery to me. I don't trust you guys. :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter