Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KH-06] The Battle of the Five Armies Mafia - Town Wins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
524 replies to this topic

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:199701
  • Squadron:Kilo

I love all the discussion we have been having on Day 1. Am I the only one who finds it ironic that so much conversation has been generated because of all the no lynch votes? I mean, c'mon right!!?!

Heh, you're quite right; it really is ironic that those who voted no-lynch - typically the safest route - are now the most under scrutiny.

It's really the sheer speed with which the wagon built and how close the six votes came to ending the day that's being examined... but that doesn't stop it from being a little funny that no-lynch is what got us talking, even without Kevin in the game. 

-Preston

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

Vote Count:

• Lyner, Gandalf the Grey, (3): Preston, D3mon, ABigDeer
  • Robert2424, Beorn, (2): Montosh, Nick The Great
  • D3mon, Thranduil, (1): Imran Ehsan
  • Electric Mango, Dain II Ironfoot, (1): Kaziocore
  • ABigDeer, Bard the Bowman, (1): Electric Mango
  • Imran Ehsan, Thorin Oakenshield, (1): Robert2424
  • Nick The Great, Girion, (0):
  • Rafay, Radagast the Brown, (0):
  • Kaziocore, Legolas Greenleaf, (0)
  • Montosh, Bilbo Baggins, (0)
  • Preston, Bain, (0)
  • TBRaiders, Gwaihir the Windlord, (0)
  • No-Lynch (3): TBRaiders, Rafay, Lyner
  • Not Voting (0):

Deadline is 1200 EST, Monday, January 12.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch, or 4 at deadline.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nick The Great

Nick The Great

Quenched

• NM|Former Member
  • 313 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:544955
  • Souls Baptized:216,319

Good conversation so far, for day 1 anyways. Preston being the biggest contributor so far. Seems rather basic right now. 

Yeah.  I came back to 2 whole pages to read, this is getting hard to keep up with.  I have entrance exams for High School the 10th, so I might be off the grid for a couple days.   Anyways, I kinda want to see Montosh say something soon, he only made a couple of posts early.  Hasn't contributed much.  

"How can the sky be the limit when there are footprints on the moon?"
"Always listen to your heart. It's on your left side but will always be right."
"I used to wonder why you make me suffer, now I realize in the end it made me tougher."
"I plan to eat with the people I starved with."
"Those who think they know everything are a great annoyance who those of us who actually do."
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission"

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

Good conversation so far, for day 1 anyways. Preston being the biggest contributor so far. Seems rather basic right now. 

Yeah.  I came back to 2 whole pages to read, this is getting hard to keep up with.  I have entrance exams for High School the 10th, so I might be off the grid for a couple days.   Anyways, I kinda want to see Montosh say something soon, he only made a couple of posts early.  Hasn't contributed much.  

I'm waiting on Imran, collecting Day 1 notes, and once Imran comes back and starts contributing, (I decide via his next post), probably will switch to Montosh. ) Unless he starts contributing between now and then. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

Ok I have caught up with most of the last 3 pages.

I am confused.

Preston is basing his suspicion list on who bandwagoned on a No-Lynch vote? Why would the scum ever want to bandwagon to end the day with no lynches. Lynching is good for scum as long as its not their guy getting lynched. We look at bandwagons closely because normally its a townie getting lynched but I have to say this is the first time I have seen voting based on No Lynch bandwagon.

Dont get me wrong. I have never supported a No Lynch on Day 1 ( I believe I have never ever voted for a No Lynch in any game I have played). The reason is simple, We get no information for a No Lynch day with no bandwagons on how people voted for analysis later on. You may say this is exactly why the scum wants to end the day early by bandwagoning on the No Lynch vote. But to me, that seems like over analysing and missing looking at the game from the perspective of the scum. Sure, its good to have a day where no one got any info but the better scenario for them is to lynch a Townie. That makes them go closer to winning the game. No information from no lynching is secondary in priority. However, scum dont want to overplay their hand by pushing for lynching someone on Day 1 and would settle for a No Lynch if thats what the townies want.

But now Preston is saying Scum are the one bandwagoning to get a No Lynch through. That just sounds crazy to me.

I believe Preston is extremely experienced in the game and I cant see why he is pushing such an argument and taking the day off to a tangent.

Unvote

Vote: Preston

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

I am confused.

Preston is basing his suspicion list on who bandwagoned on a No-Lynch vote? Why would the scum ever want to bandwagon to end the day with no lynches. Lynching is good for scum as long as its not their guy getting lynched. We look at bandwagons closely because normally its a townie getting lynched but I have to say this is the first time I have seen voting based on No Lynch bandwagon.

Dont get me wrong. I have never supported a No Lynch on Day 1 ( I believe I have never ever voted for a No Lynch in any game I have played). The reason is simple, We get no information for a No Lynch day with no bandwagons on how people voted for analysis later on. You may say this is exactly why the scum wants to end the day early by bandwagoning on the No Lynch vote. But to me, that seems like over analysing and missing looking at the game from the perspective of the scum. Sure, its good to have a day where no one got any info but the better scenario for them is to lynch a Townie. That makes them go closer to winning the game. No information from no lynching is secondary in priority. However, scum dont want to overplay their hand by pushing for lynching someone on Day 1 and would settle for a No Lynch if thats what the townies want.

But now Preston is saying Scum are the one bandwagoning to get a No Lynch through. That just sounds crazy to me.

I believe Preston is extremely experienced in the game and I cant see why he is pushing such an argument and taking the day off to a tangent.

Unvote

As I said to EM just a few posts back, I agree it's strangely backwards that a no-lynch wagon has become a source of suspicion. Had those same votes built over a longer span of time, with people agreeing to it and discussion happening, it would not have drawn half as much attention. As it stands, it's the sheer speed with which the wagon built and the fact that it nearly ended the day that's drawn attention - highly unusual, so I don't think this is a tangent at all - especially since I'm not alone in looking at this. I'd be more surprised if you think the no-lynch wagon reaching 6 votes within the first ~12 hours is NOT significant. I am not basing my suspicion on EVERYONE who jumped on the no-lynch wagon; rather I am focusing on those who nearly took the wagon to its completion after the day had barely started. 

Normally day 1 starts with a few random votes on people that don't go anywhere, before settling on either a lynch target that's inactive or has acted scummy, or perhaps on no-lynch. Before the day ends in whatever way, there is discussion that may help future analysis - and more importantly helps town power roles decide who to investigate/defend/block/etc. Normally SOME discussion is a given before any vote even reaches the half-majority mark, let alone L-1. 

This has not been a normal day - and it very nearly did not last an entire day, either. Any town role usage would have been completely random, unable to tell not just who voted for whom, but who lurked/was inactive/was present at all. Maybe I'm not thinking like scum, but I'd think they would see that as a victory even without a townie lynch - they'd get their pick of who to kill at night, and we'd start Day 2 with one less townie. At least with a lynch vote you get to look at the people who were on the wagon as a list of suspects for Day 2; with a night kill you have nothing. 

You seem to support some of this idea in your own response (emphasis added):

I'm largely of the same mind as you with regards to not liking a Day 1 no-lynch, for all the reasons you list. I bolded your last line because I think it's the key here: the last votes on the wagon could well be scum playing it safe by doing what other townies wanted, and trying to get to their night kill faster. No day 1 wagon or discussion equals no reason for any scum to stick out; the perfect cover, especially with everyone saying it would have been done as a tribute to KevinH. 

I also paid attention to who those last votes were from: EM and Lyner. Both have played enough that neither could miss their votes were the 5th and 6th on the wagon, and as Kaz later reinforced both of them are historically in favor of a day 1 lynch too. So what's going on there? Lyner in particular hasn't said a word since his vote, while EM has moved on to vote for ABigDeer - initially for his saying "the goblins" repeatedly. Obviously this is Day 1 and suspicions people find tend to be thin - however I'm fairly comfortable with my vote where it is for now, because it's based on those who were rushing the day to an early end. 

It may just come down to a value judgement where you think that no matter what the scum would prefer a day 1 lynch over an early end, and I think the scum would have preferred what they nearly got - and now they're having to deal with resuming a more normal day 1. 

So do you think that the 6-vote wagon isn't something to pay attention to? Do you think there aren't any scum on that list, or that they wouldn't try to blend in there? Who are the most likely players to jump onto a no-lynch wagon once it starts to build - scum trying to avoid standing out, or townies who normally don't go for no-lynch themselves? These kinds of questions are what have me so focused on this line of reasoning. 

As with the last game, this could be overanalysis - as could just about anything in Mafia, since figuring it out is the name of the game - but watching peoples' votes is one of the few REAL pieces of information available on day 1, and this has been a highly unusual day so far in terms of voting patterns. I'm going to stick with my suspicions for now. 

-Preston

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

I am confused.

Unvote

Preston is kinda acting jumpy and pushy but at least he's driving the discussion forward on Day 1 which is usually boring.

Although being snappy on every one has started to make him look suspicious.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

Preston is kinda acting jumpy and pushy but at least he's driving the discussion forward on Day 1 which is usually boring.

Although being snappy on every one has started to make him look suspicious.

I'm not sure where you get jumpy or snappy from, unless you just mean my activity level - I figure there's no reason for me not to respond when there's something worth responding to, especially if it's directed at me. Once the work week starts again on Monday my time will go down and you'll hear a bit less from me :P. Pushy, however, I completely understand - ever since I started playing again, my play style has ended up somewhat aggressive. But it DOES get people talking, which is really the point. I hate when games go silent for days on end. 

Since you quoted Imran's response, I'll be clearer there - I don't suspect him just yet, despite his vote against me saying he doesn't understand what I'm doing. I'm a little surprised at his position - the importance of how oddly the day started seems self-evident to me - but I explained it again for his benefit to help him catch up on my prior posts.

-Preston

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:

2 sided coin that argument is. 

Unvote

Vote Montosh

I know your active. You've been posting on other peoples boards. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nick The Great

Nick The Great

Quenched

• NM|Former Member
  • 313 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:544955
  • Souls Baptized:216,319

2 sided coin that argument is. 

Unvote

Vote Montosh

I know your active. You've been posting on other peoples boards. 

Now that I know this.  Really suspicious.  

Vote: Montosh

"How can the sky be the limit when there are footprints on the moon?"
"Always listen to your heart. It's on your left side but will always be right."
"I used to wonder why you make me suffer, now I realize in the end it made me tougher."
"I plan to eat with the people I starved with."
"Those who think they know everything are a great annoyance who those of us who actually do."
"It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission"

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Vote Count:

• Lyner, Gandalf the Grey, (3): Preston, D3mon, ABigDeer
  • Montosh, Bilbo Baggins, (2): Robert2424, Nick The Great
  • Robert2424, Beorn, (1): Montosh
  • Electric Mango, Dain II Ironfoot, (1): Kaziocore
  • ABigDeer, Bard the Bowman, (1): Electric Mango
  • Preston, Bain, (1): Imran Ehsan
  • D3mon, Thranduil, (0):
  • Nick The Great, Girion, (0):
  • Rafay, Radagast the Brown, (0):
  • Kaziocore, Legolas Greenleaf, (0)
  • TBRaiders, Gwaihir the Windlord, (0)
  • No-Lynch (3): TBRaiders, Rafay, Lyner
  • Not Voting (0):

Deadline is 1200 EST, Monday, January 12.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch, or 4 at deadline.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
The only reason a high number of no lynch votes added up so quick is because this is a KevinH modded game. If you think my vote was anything other than tongue in cheek you are sorely mistaken.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ABigDeer

ABigDeer

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,396 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543520
  • Souls Baptized:669,325
  • Squadron:Delta

Kevin should prod Montosh, he is obviously active but not caring to participate in the thread. Lyner hasn't logged on since his last post so who knows where he is.

Alliance Wars

NpO and friends:
NpO: 20 + 3
CCC: 4 + 1
UPN: 1
STA: 1

Doom War:

Sparta: 13 + 3

OcUK: 2

TOP: 1

MI6: 1

This War:

STA: 2

Nukes landed in Phati: 31

(6 this war)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

TBRaiders

TBRaiders

Something Else

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 295 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:142641
  • Souls Baptized:26,300,019

I am suspicious of almost all of you at this point.  Rather than additional conversation creating a small pool of suspects (for me), its created mostly confusion and I feel like I am over-reading whats been said.

Your signature may contain:
  • • Any number images
  • • Images of any size
  • • Any number of URLs
  • • Any number of lines

Robert2424

Robert2424

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:

I am suspicious of almost all of you at this point.  Rather than additional conversation creating a small pool of suspects (for me), its created mostly confusion and I feel like I am over-reading whats been said.

This is pretty much what most people stance. Day 1 nobody has anything to go off of. regardless of your experience. 

The only thing that could be said about the no lynch wagon, would be somebody who would go for a No lynch at the end of the day most likely and that be me and I wasn't on that wagon. I like to sqeeze day one for all its worth. However, it did seem like spam when it was going up as its Kevin game. 

Though I have curious what Kevin would say if we No lynched on day 1 without him. Probably might be very confused and hurt by us. Just saying. It would seem like we were trolling the mod a bit. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Though I have curious what Kevin would say if we No lynched on day 1 without him. Probably might be very confused and hurt by us. Just saying. It would seem like we were trolling the mod a bit.

I'd take it as a complement that finally somebody understands me!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

O hai there, I was out of town so haven't been reading the thread

The no lynch vote is actually just a random first post, didn't count that there are already 5 votes

also in my defense:

image.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

And no.

Pushing for no lynch at the first day, while usually not in town's favor, it is definitely not in scum's favor, as the first day is almost a guaranteed town lynch for the scum side if they're being careful, and even if the day ends in no-lynch quickly then the top voters will be the number one suspects.

It's kind of silly that you guys are trying so hard to suspect me for first voting a no lynch :V

Unless....   :smug:

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

The only reason a high number of no lynch votes added up so quick is because this is a KevinH modded game. If you think my vote was anything other than tongue in cheek you are sorely mistaken.

O hai there, I was out of town so haven't been reading the thread

The no lynch vote is actually just a random first post, didn't count that there are already 5 votes

It's easy for both of you to call it a random/tongue-in-cheek vote now that the day didn't end. Your excuses may be real - how can one refute "I just didn't count?" - but immediately prior to your votes I had called attention to how there were four quick votes for no-lynch, and then the pair of you placed two more. KevinH modded game or not, I have difficulty believing neither of you looked at how close you brought us to ending the day. 

I have no doubt that any of the townies who voted for No-Lynch during that initial rush, did so for exactly the reason you mention. Nothing would have stopped either of you from posting "In honor of KevinH, I support No-Lynch! But I won't vote for it just now since there are already 4/5 votes placed." Robert pretty much did that just now, if I read his post correctly - saying he'd likely go for No-Lynch at the end of the day, but he likes to squeeze Day 1 for all it's worth - and that's perfectly fine.

And no.

Pushing for no lynch at the first day, while usually not in town's favor, it is definitely not in scum's favor, as the first day is almost a guaranteed town lynch for the scum side if they're being careful, and even if the day ends in no-lynch quickly then the top voters will be the number one suspects.

It's kind of silly that you guys are trying so hard to suspect me for first voting a no lynch :V

My suspicion of you is not about your supporting no-lynch, it's that your vote was the 6th on a wagon that brought us to L-1 almost immediately after the day started. That's highly unusual to me, since I cannot see a townie wanting the day to end that fast; such an action in my view would only serve the scum. So I don't see it as "trying so hard to suspect" you, so much as "you did something unusual that drew peoples' attention." Even if you maintain that your vote was a joke, you can't ignore that you were the 6th vote when 7 would have been a majority. 

As for what you just said though: "even if the day ends in no-lynch quickly then the top voters will be the number one suspects." - isn't that exactly what I'm looking at now, minus the day having already ended? I'm looking at the top voters - as in the ones who added their votes last - for what nearly happened. If you acknowledge this much as being reasonable/expected, I don't understand how you then turn around and say it's silly to suspect you for matching what you just said.

Imran made a similar point about no-lynch being 'definitely not' in scum's favor; I agree they'd rather get a day 1 townie lynch, but I think they would also have taken the day ending that fast as a win - their votes hidden among everyone else who voted because of Kevin, and able to deny that they meant to end Day 1 early when Day 2 started. 

At this point the day has NOT ended early, we've got five pages of discussion to look over for Day 1 and another week left to decide what we'll actually do. As Robert noted, Day 1 nobody has anything to go off of - everyone finds what they consider suspicious and works with it, or votes no-lynch. I've stated a few times now why I found the strange way the day started suspicious, so that's what I'm sticking with - it's better than random joke votes that people later deny meant anything. 

-Preston

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Preston

Preston

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,878 posts
  • Resources:

Addendum - @Robert, where do you see Montosh posting? I just searched for his content on IRON's forums and his post in this thread was his last. If he's got access to a computer to be posting elsewhere, that means he cant claim to have been out of town like Lyner did. Worth watching if true. 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter