Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Game of Thrones

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:585857
  • Souls Baptized:1,086,384
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Fermion#3255
Won't Ser Arthur have the Dawn and not twin swords?

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Get a trade circle here | ITF Guide | War Guide

Apply for War Aid | Delta Squad Bar

U had no mp no sdi no military wonder actually :lol:
Kuch bhi kaho bhai dilar admi ho tussi
Sunnny deol ho sunny deol

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.
Fermion, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

Got me on that one... but that dude wielding two swords is a bad-ass.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

did they explain that anywhere in the series or is this just speculation? or evidence from the novels?

It's in the series, Season 4, Episode 10.

haha thanks, gonna have to have a marathon before april!

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:

Yes! :D I think all of Aerys' kingsguards were badass. Nothing like those nincompoops that served Robert :P

I'm really curious about who they cast as Lyanna

no offices held rn

Posted Image

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

did they explain that anywhere in the series or is this just speculation? or evidence from the novels?

It's in the series, Season 4, Episode 10.

haha thanks, gonna have to have a marathon before april!

We do it every year. We watch the whole thing through before the new season starts. Taking longer every year to get through.

Season 5 available March 15 :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheDoom

TheDoom

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,548 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:582155
  • Souls Baptized:3,494,721
  • Squadron:Delta

Yes! :D I think all of Aerys' kingsguards were badass. Nothing like those nincompoops that served Robert :P

They failed to save Rhaegar even though he had a stronger army,they got defeated by Ned and company at tower of joy and one of them actually killed the king.Dont know about badass but they were surely not good at their job :P

Posted Image

TheDoom, you have been Baptized in FIre and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:
Rhaegar's army was mostly comprised of sellswords, not really trained guys. Furthermore Rhaeghar died because Rhaegar's went in the battlefield guns blazing and fought Robert, a far superior guy one on one while the rest of them were engaged in their own battles.

As for the best of them who were left in the tower of joy, they killed all of Ned's men who I presume were quite well trained and outnumbered them and then too Ned only scarcely won.

The last guy killed his King who wanted to burn his city to the ground.

I'd still say they were all badasses :P

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

They failed to save Rhaegar even though he had a stronger army,they got defeated by Ned and company at tower of joy and one of them actually killed the king.Dont know about badass but they were surely not good at their job

As I understand it, Robert killed Rhaegar in single combat, and it was not at the tower, it was on the battlefield. At the tower, it was Ned Stark with 8 or 9 guys... against 3 Kingsguard that were left there to guard Lyanna. I think they were bad-asses.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheDoom

TheDoom

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,548 posts
  • Resources:

Rhaegar's army was mostly comprised of sellswords, not really trained guys. Furthermore Rhaeghar died because Rhaegar's went in the battlefield guns blazing and fought Robert, a far superior guy one on one while the rest of them were engaged in their own battles.
As for the best of them who were left in the tower of joy, they killed all of Ned's men who I presume were quite well trained and outnumbered them and then too Ned only scarcely won.

Sellswords are actually well trained they are better than normal levies of most of the lords(except for the lannisters,cause their armies are pretty well armored).Only prblm with sellswords is that they are quick to run or change sides the moment they see they can loose the battle,but odds were in rahegars favour so They would have surely stayed till last to get the prize after winning battle.The only thing Rhaeghar armies lacked were knights since they only had knights of Reach and a few who were his supporters but even then they were not that far behind.They Would have won the battle if only Barristan the bold would have done what he was supposed to do protect Rhaegar.He was a complete failure

As for tower joy,7 of Ned's guys engaged 3 of the kingsguard and truth be told there was no way ned and company could have defeated those 3,arthur dawyne most probably committed suicide there to save jon.So u can say he was cool but even then I would say they were quite terrible at their job :P
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

dagonslayer51

dagonslayer51

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,801 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:582405
  • Souls Baptized:374,667

In the Tower of Joy, there were only 3 Kingsguar, Ser Gerold Hightower, Ser Arthur Dayne, and Ser Oswell Whent. Ned Stark arrived with six other dudes and only Ned and Howland Reed, Jojen and Meera's father, survived. That shows the quality of the 3 Kingsguard.

Sellswords are actually well trained they are better than normal levies of most of the lords(except for the lannisters,cause their armies are pretty well armored).Only prblm with sellswords is that they are quick to run or change sides the moment they see they can loose the battle,but odds were in rahegars favour so They would have surely stayed till last to get the prize after winning battle.The only thing Rhaeghar armies lacked were knights since they only had knights of Reach and a few who were his supporters but even then they were not that far behind.They Would have won the battle if only Barristan the bold would have done what he was supposed to do protect Rhaegar.He was a complete failure

As for tower joy,7 of Ned's guys engaged 3 of the kingsguard and truth be told there was no way ned and company could have defeated those 3,arthur dawyne most probably committed suicide there to save jon.So u can say he was cool but even then I would say they were quite terrible at their job :P

I find that not to be true. Sellswords usually have no formal training, no form and no strategy. They are basically mercenaries. And as mercenaries, they fight for the highest bidder. Any well trained soldier can defeat a sellsword. There are some special cases like Bronn, but those are far and between.

Also, Rhaegar's forces in the Battle of the Trident were 40 000 strong, with 10 000 Dornishmen, 4 000 knights and the rest were were archers, freeriders, and foot soldiers. The infantry consisted of both spearmen and pikemen. (

dagonslayer51, proud member of IRON

War Statistics: 18 offensive wars

Oculus-MI6 War: 17 offensive wars
19 Nukes eaten for IRON

First nuke eaten on 11/4/2015 4:12:41 PM

"War, war never changes"

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

TheDoom

TheDoom

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,548 posts
  • Resources:
Nope sellswords are better then lord levies.GOT is based on early middle ages when king didnt used to have a standing army and administration was highly decentralized.Most of the lords army is composed of part time soldiers,farmers and other artisians who are called upon by lord at the time of war.They are not even armoured.They're not soldiers.Only knights are full time soldiers.Sellswords on the other hand get their living from fight.Mercs are pretty good at fighting the only prblm is with their loyalty.Even in GOT there is golden company composed of 12,000 mercs which is said to be best example of professional army,theyvare pretty loyal as well..Sellswords mercs are better then normal levies but not as good as knights.

Even historically mercs have been game changer in wars till late middle ages.It was only when the power of king increased in later middle ages due to high centralization and the king started maintaining a standing army comprised of full time soldiers that mercs became obselete.
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Well, one snot nosed 19 year old with an AR-15, and enough rounds... guess who is King then?  :wacko:

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mandarijn

Mandarijn

The Orange One

• Vault: Leadership
  • 20,057 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:268021
  • Souls Baptized:2,124,729

If Rhaegar didn't had to protect Lyanna and Jon, then he would've still had those 3 kingsguard with him and everything would be different!

ew

mandarijn juice

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

dagonslayer51

dagonslayer51

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,801 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:582405
  • Souls Baptized:374,667

Nope sellswords are better then lord levies.GOT is based on early middle ages when king didnt used to have a standing army and administration was highly decentralized.Most of the lords army is composed of part time soldiers,farmers and other artisians who are called upon by lord at the time of war.They are not even armoured.They're not soldiers.Only knights are full time soldiers.Sellswords on the other hand get their living from fight.Mercs are pretty good at fighting the only prblm is with their loyalty.Even in GOT there is golden company composed of 12,000 mercs which is said to be best example of professional army,theyvare pretty loyal as well..Sellswords mercs are better then normal levies but not as good as knights.

Even historically mercs have been game changer in wars till late middle ages.It was only when the power of king increased in later middle ages due to high centralization and the king started maintaining a standing army comprised of full time soldiers that mercs became obselete.

I guess you are right on that. I was thinking more of a modern day army that recieves rigorous training and that can beat the crap of most mercs. 

If Rhaegar didn't had to protect Lyanna and Jon, then he would've still had those 3 kingsguard with him and everything would be different!

I don't think that Ser Gerold, Ser Arthur and Ser Oswell would have turned the battle around. No matter how powerful they were, they were just 3 men. And three men can't stop an army. 

dagonslayer51, proud member of IRON

War Statistics: 18 offensive wars

Oculus-MI6 War: 17 offensive wars
19 Nukes eaten for IRON

First nuke eaten on 11/4/2015 4:12:41 PM

"War, war never changes"

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

SO MANY NERDS IN THIS THREAD.

I LOVE IT

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
Melisandre: “I saw him. In the flames. Fighting at Winterfell.” (Battle of the bastards! can we get some H Y P E going in here?)
Davos: “I can’t speak for the flames, but he’s gone.”

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

SO MANY NERDS IN THIS THREAD.

I LOVE IT

That was my feeling after reading the last page of this thread.  I seem to have forgotten somethings, as I'm a bit lost on what everyone is talking about.  It seems I may need to go on a marathon again and watch them all, as I've forgotten some 

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873

They failed to save Rhaegar even though he had a stronger army,they got defeated by Ned and company at tower of joy and one of them actually killed the king.Dont know about badass but they were surely not good at their job :P

Cersei's brother was a Kings guard, he killed the king because the king had gone mad and was proceeding to burn down the whole city as rebel armies approached.

He gets trolled by everyone for killing the king he was supposed to protect, tragedy us he saved countless lives. His sonly sin is he's a sister fucker.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:

With a sister that looks like Cersei, I don't exactly blame him  :ph34r:

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

With a sister that looks like Cersei, I don't exactly blame him  :ph34r:

the fuck

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users