Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So who wants a browser game with more life than CN and functional (unlike nationsgame)?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

Looking at these Policies, I don't find many of these policy's appealing to me. Except 2, and a few conditional policy's. Course I don't know the in's and outs of Combat yet. Some would help certain peoples play style sure, but some of them, I look at like, the pro don't appeal to me in most situations. Blitzkrieg seems ok, but is the only casualties modifier. Course, I'm guessing it can only be used in the first 24 hours of the war, so ok? Idk, I'm looking for something appealing to my play style that I'd want to play and it seems, limited. idk. I'd need to learn more on the war system to understand the pro's and con's better. 

These are completely new and not added to the game yet, I don't think. Blitz IMO, sounds like the one of the least worthwhile ones, since it only lasts 24 hours. 

I honestly think the war policies are just a dumb idea. There's no demand or need for them at all. Not even a little bit. But that's what Sheepy is best at. Adding things that don't need to be added. Hence baseball.

Politics and Baseball. :V

This game was actually pretty good at one point... In fact:

I have heard people raving about it.  Seems to really improved from the Beta when I played.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to get some IRON guys in another type game that would be interested 

No no. It was far better when you played, I assure you. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
  • Squadron:Kilo

Idk, I would Value effectiveness above loot. Loot can be for Pirates. I think it can have a place, But yes, they don't really seem overall enticing. I liked the inflicted causality part of it. I picture allot of people would decided to fight back within the first 24 hours anyways, if at all. So Eliminating the Enemy forces quicker sounds good to me. even a small percentage. This is assuming they act like anything like CN naitons do. usually with a blitz, I see people lose hope and decide to turtle. Essentially, I see it as trying to eliminate them early. Not effective against a duration fight, but for the fight taking place in the beginning and a downward slope cause the enemy gives up seeing how bad he is losing at the beginning, I see it as useful. I see people rage quiting more then exploiting its weakness. So Depending on who your fighting. Plus, you can change policy's mid war from my understanding. 

A feature to the war system shouldn't make things overly more confusing, but what makes this new feature more enticing and/more fun to war now. So I understand what your saying, as I don't see an overall appeal. 

I don't mind the baseball thing. Its optional. maybe add a better system to it, as its very basic. I mean, very basic. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

I have signed up. I am now open for recruitment. B)  So far I have got a good recruitment message from the Black Knights. Although I didnt understand half of what it said. But looking forward to others.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

What FF is pointing to is that there are two strategis, shallow and wide or deep and narrow. The first means many cities with low infra counts, great for warring (I did it last war and ripped some nations with nearly twice my resources to shit). The second means you have fewer cities (which are damned expensive) in exchange for infrastructure which allows you to generate more income from those cities. The second leaves you largely self sustained.

Currently you can updeclare  fare more than you can down declare. This means a low tier alliance can have free reign snapping at the heels of (and causing serious damage to) mid tier alliances without the mid tier being able to defend itself.

The easiest solution in my eyes would to be to fix that part of the declaration mechanics as people could then more easily respond to raiders. 

I've got nothing against the likes of Arrgh, it's a perfectly sensible style of play based off of the games own mechanics. It's the PW equivalent of being a tech stack.

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

mariomario190

mariomario190

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 109 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:587870
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I'm on right now! Syndicate sounds like a fun place!

Posted Image

Founded on February 18, 2016

murphpk

murphpk

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,648 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:223316
  • Souls Baptized:3,094,649

just created an account will have a play around to what its like 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
I think different play styles are Great. If people want to be Pirate's, let them be pirate's. If people want to be warlords, let me. People want to to be neutral, let them. It should make the game fun and interesting.

That being said. If people don't want to war, there is a peace mode. I sure it has negative side affects, but it's there. I simply don't understand people like that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Aenir

Aenir

Steadfast

• Military - Field Marshal
  • 3,518 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:479751
  • Souls Baptized:3,543,513
lol Fox Fire

That being said. If people don't want to war, there is a peace mode. I sure it has negative side affects, but it's there. I simply don't understand people like that.

There is no peace mode.
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

Rumor is Chimera is going to soon be taking lead in Syndicate...thus I cannot with good conscience join

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Franz

Franz

Freshly IRONed

• NM|Registered Users
  • 22 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:184514
  • Souls Baptized:3,009,962
The New Pacific Order is the only choice.

lol Fox Fire

There is no peace mode.

They call it Vacation Mode which does exactly what Peace Mode should have done in CyberNations.

Antoine Roquentin

Antoine Roquentin

Quenched

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 405 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:533155

Join NPO.  It has most of the cool people. Truly an all star cast including  Franz, Frawley, Auctor, and many more!

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

I joined Black Knights but realized too late its mostly ex MI6 people. oh well... :P

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

MrHiott

MrHiott

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 30 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:446109
  • Souls Baptized:940033

I joined Black Knights but realized too late its mostly ex MI6 people. oh well... :P

lol, both Black Knights and The Syndicate are mostly ex MI6/current MI6. 

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

Resign immediately!

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

Resign immediately!

Shouldn't you be more worried that our Minister of Defence is trying to poach members to Mi6 (the Syndicate)? :P

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mazuurek

Mazuurek

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 504 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:587499
  • Souls Baptized:121,338
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Mazuurek

10/10 no coal mine

around 9 nukes taken
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ForgotPants

ForgotPants

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 131 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:549382
  • Souls Baptized:0

If there are enough IRON people there maybe we can look at forming an alliance in the near future?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

James

James

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,152 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:002621

If there are enough IRON people there maybe we can look at forming an alliance in the near future?

You should probably form IRON instead of joining MI6 in PnW.

You're your own community, I think you're capable of maintaining the community. When I was in IRON we played all sorts of games together. The good ol' days with Glyndwr.

You've got lots of friends in PnW, say hi to us. Grub, Frawley, and myself are having a wonderful time!

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade
IRON did exist... started as the orange order, then it became the dutch east indea trading company

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks
I joined but as I couldn't have any of my know name, I'm now called Shaolin Warrior. A very old name I used in NationStates

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users