Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pokemon Go

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
  • Squadron:Kilo

Anyone in IRON been playing this? If you wondering what this is, Pokemon Go is a new augmented reality game that utilizes your phone's camera and GPS location. Its a free game that runs on Apple and Andriod phones. You walk around outside and Pokemon will randomly appear on your phone screen, you then throw a pokeball to catch them. There are some team like features where your team color can control real world locations. Anyone on your team can go to that place to train or hold some type of an event. Other team colors can attempt to steal that location from your team if no one is there to protect it. The game definitely encourages exercise and exploration.

Some of my friends and co workers have been playing and its downright hilarious watching them walk around. I was at a party a couple days ago and 2 of my friends insisted they had to go on a walk to look for Pokemon. Then yesterday I was hanging out with a friend and he just had to walk around a nearby park to see what he could find. He got incredibly excited when he saw a battle going on in the area (other people playing the game) but he wasn't a high enough level to join in.

I've heard stories ranging from funny to absolute stupidity. One of my coworkers told me one of his friends almost got hit by a car trying to catch a pokemon. Another one of my coworkers was walking around a bunch of heavy machinery being operated trying to chase a pokemon. Also, the same guy I mentioned earlier about walking around the park, he was out driving and decided to catch a pokemon while waiting at a red light. Thankfully none of these people were injured but I can relate to how addicting this game is.

I have a Windows phone so I unfortunately haven't been able to play, although given the game's immense popularity I would imagine a version will be ported over in the relatively near future.

If you do plan on trying it out, just remember it has bugs and it does drain battery life quicker than most games/apps.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:398342
  • Souls Baptized:9,016,511

I'm waiting for it to go into the Dutch Apple Store, can't be bothered to make an Australian Apple ID. I can wait

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Former Foxtrot MS, Echo XO, Foxtrot CO and Delta CO

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Yehom has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Black Rook
Made American Apple ID, nearest poke stop is in an abandoned house, gyms in a pub

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Mazuurek

Mazuurek

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 504 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:587499
  • Souls Baptized:121,338
  • Discord ID:Mazuurek

currently waiting for the next time someone gets shot at.

around 9 nukes taken
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

it's not out in the UK yet :(

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:

it's not out in the UK yet :(

Make a foreign iTunes account or if you have android download the apk

-----

-----

Posted Image

builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
I have been debating making this thread for months. I have been closely following the development of the game since it was announced last September. I am in a couple online research communities for the game and am a contributor to a global pokedex initiative.

The game was developed by a Google spin-off company named Niantic. This is Niantic's second major AR mobile title after Ingress. The game was released in the United States last Wednesday, a day after it released in Australia and New Zealand. It was supposed to be released in Europe and Asia shortly after the U.S. But was held up due to severe server issues. Niantic has been actively working on the game ever since the field testing (beta test) began in Japan in March. Even though the game is buggy at times and has some server issues it is a lot of fun. When Niantic cleans it up it will truly be a global phenomenon and it is projected to be the most played video game of all time.

I started playing on Wednesday evening when it was released and have spent a lot of time on it. I am at level 16 right now and have some pretty powerful Pokemon. Since I have been researching the game I have all of the mechanics worked out and would be happy to assist any new trainers if you have any questions about the game.
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
I've been playing. Lvl 6. I'm just working like crazy so it's hard to go out and catch em all. I'm trying though. Caught over 30 different Pokemon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593353
  • Souls Baptized:2,495,905

I have been debating making this thread for months. I have been closely following the development of the game since it was announced last September. I am in a couple online research communities for the game and am a contributor to a global pokedex initiative.

The game was developed by a Google spin-off company named Niantic. This is Niantic's second major AR mobile title after Ingress. The game was released in the United States last Wednesday, a day after it released in Australia and New Zealand. It was supposed to be released in Europe and Asia shortly after the U.S. But was held up due to severe server issues. Niantic has been actively working on the game ever since the field testing (beta test) began in Japan in March. Even though the game is buggy at times and has some server issues it is a lot of fun. When Niantic cleans it up it will truly be a global phenomenon and it is projected to be the most played video game of all time.

I started playing on Wednesday evening when it was released and have spent a lot of time on it. I am at level 16 right now and have some pretty powerful Pokemon. Since I have been researching the game I have all of the mechanics worked out and would be happy to assist any new trainers if you have any questions about the game.

Any tips?

ROLL POLAR :betsy: :roll: :roll: :awesomeiron2a:

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
I can't find any Pokemon near me and the nerest poke stop is IN an abandoned house, I value my life too highly to go in

-----

-----

Posted Image

builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:

I can't find any Pokemon near me and the nerest poke stop is IN an abandoned house, I value my life too highly to go in

:awesome:

why is there no like button on these forums

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:

what are those green spark things on the map

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
I have no idea, made it into the house, made it out

-----

-----

Posted Image

builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:

Like. :D

The green sparkles are moving grass. It means it's possible that there is a Pokemon there.

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Any tips?

Tons. What would you like to know specifically?

Like. :D

The green sparkles are moving grass. It means it's possible that there is a Pokemon there.

That is correct. Periodically you will see rustling leaves in various places on the map. If you walk around that area for a little while there is the possibility of a Pokemon spawning there. Any Pokemon that spawns from the rustling leaves is random to an extent. You will not see that particular species appear in your nearby list. For instance, I happened upon a patch of rustling leaves on the second day that a Nidoking popped out of.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873

What's all the hype? no way im playing that with 50 C outside. (~40 at night) and no way im waking up at sun rise to catch Pokemon). 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

If you grew up in the 90's and were a Pokémon fan, this game is literally what you have dreamed of since you were 8. You get to go on your very own Pokémon journey in an attempt to catch them all and control real life Pokémon gyms.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

How the hell is Pokemon even still a thing? Back when I was kid there were 151 Pokemon and now there are 729. How do kids even keep track of this shit?

(Though I hear Pokemon Go only has the original Pokemon).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:

yeah it only has the original 151 afaik

-----

-----

Posted Image

builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:049308

Yeah I have heard of and seen people doing this.  My own take on it, take it at face value

Seeing grown "men" in their mid 20's trying to catch Pokemon is rather depressing to watch, not because they are crap and don't catch anything, more the fact that they are walking around like zombies glued to their phones, children in adult bodies.

Dropping canned Sunshine since December 2006
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

January, IRON's Member of the Month is obvious. With our two top Military guys out for the Holidays, we had a monumental problem. IRON needed not only a leader to step up and lead our highly motivated Military, but one to also lead our sides coalition. We needed someone who the rest of the world respected and had the experience to plan and execute a winning battle strategy. While the opportunity to lead the coalition did not emerge, he took the job knowing that he may very well be the Master Military Coordinator of the Coalition. IRON's Military was in good hands. Also while the war wound down he took over the Awards Dept issuing some long over due awards. I present to you the protector of puppies, taker of Welsh virginity, the son of IRON, Bill N Ted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users