Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pokemon Go

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593353
  • Souls Baptized:2,495,905
  • Squadron:Alpha

Yeah I have heard of and seen people doing this.  My own take on it, take it at face value

Seeing grown "men" in their mid 20's trying to catch Pokemon is rather depressing to watch, not because they are crap and don't catch anything, more the fact that they are walking around like zombies glued to their phones, children in adult bodies.

Dude, I'm 23 and I am kind of enjoying this. *blush* It's out of nostalgia.

ROLL POLAR :betsy: :roll: :roll: :awesomeiron2a:

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Discord ID:Black Rook
The game is meant to make people more social and walk afaik. It's better to walk around glued to your phone than to sit down glued to your phone all day! So that's something

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067
  • Squadron:Kilo
Niantic has two stated purposes for the game. Niantic's theory is that if people are going to be playing video games anyway they might as well be out moving and exploring the world around them while doing it. Pokestops and gyms are at public art installations, museums, churches, statues, cemeteries, other cool places, etc. Their second stated goal for the game is to bring people together in social gatherings to play. They are succeeding in achieving both goals.

In my travels I have come across at least 40 other trainers and have stopped and talked to most of them. Everyone playing the game has been really cool and fun to talk to. Yes people are glued to their phones while playing, but people are moving and getting together to play together.
Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Davian

Davian

AKA Marneus Calgar

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,141 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:449862
  • Souls Baptized:Not Enough
  • Discord ID:Marneus

I'm actually a big fan of this, but it actually hasn't made me more social or got me walking around more. There's a gym almost completely next to my house (I sit in my study and I can reach it) as well as 4 pokestops around it and 7 within a short walk. At both works there are at least 7 pokestops around each (both well populated areas with landmarks and places to see).

I do have a shit load of people come up to me while I'm working on my cars in the driveway though. They'll be checking out the pokestops and the gym and they're like "Omg how good is it living close to all these things!?" and I kinda just mutter "Not when I'm trying to work on my car in peace." but it has made me quite a few sales on Tunes on people's cars, so I got that going for me.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:583597
  • Souls Baptized:

I have seen as many as 200 people playing this game in the past 4 days publicly. Just tonight there was a park near the town harbor with 50+ people all just hanging out and playing the game. Every now and then I'll stop by a random pokestop and might see someone else playing the game. While I do see a lot of people driving and playing which possess danger - it does bring people together. I have seen a few facebook posts about tired feet and lost weight as well.

I'm only level 7 and working 10 hour shifts makes it difficult to actually play the game. I'm surprised some people are such high levels. My District Manager of Pharmacy has caught over 80 pokemon in just the past 2 weeks - high leveled too. A friend of mine beat a gym and has a Vaporeon CB lvl 1,021. It's crazy to see him when I click it. lol I can't wait for trainer-trainer battles and increased training updates.

"-17.60 - Your population absolutely hates you."

Posted Image

Life is the difference between jumping out of a third story window and jumping off a penthouse suite.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Word is that trading will be incorporated very soon.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

Would be very nice. I'm glad they're holding back legendaries and the rest of the pokemon, means there will be plenty to look forward to as they meet demand and fix bugs/glitches.

Posted Image

Life is the difference between jumping out of a third story window and jumping off a penthouse suite.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

Aye.

Legendaries are being reserved for global events. It's going to be awesome.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

pyIUjZc.gif

When you and your friends are different teams but there are Dragonairs in the area.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
Finally caught one of my faves and nearly evolved the fire house. Bigger Pokemon seem to be spawning more and my area I see large groups glued to there phones. I know they are playing Pokemon go. I keep hearing Pokemon names and there ages are 20-40. I feel more Pokemon are spawning due to lots of people playing in my area/im a higher Lvl now. Or combination of both. I see allot of groups around sundown also when it's cooling down and no direct sunlight. So maybe best to try to look to see if there are more spawning while the larger groups are looking to see if my theory is correct.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
It sounds fun, and can get behind what the company is trying to do (though concerns about data mining are somewhat worrisome). It's a shame that I'm completely uninterested in Pokemons.

Also, glad to see something non-shitty come to the mobile

Edited by ccabal86, 13 July 2016 - 07:44 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:049308

Yeah I have heard of and seen people doing this.  My own take on it, take it at face value

Seeing grown "men" in their mid 20's trying to catch Pokemon is rather depressing to watch, not because they are crap and don't catch anything, more the fact that they are walking around like zombies glued to their phones, children in adult bodies.

Dude, I'm 23 and I am kind of enjoying this. *blush* It's out of nostalgia.

I still got a load of cards; I get the nostalgia.

None the less,  I still find it disconcerting.  

Young lads are supposed to be out chasing tail not looking into their phones.  I have yet to see any females looking for Pokemon.  

Seems like a fairly big project; I guess there is some agency or other bankrolling the public tech front company for reasons unknown.  

Dropping canned Sunshine since December 2006
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

January, IRON's Member of the Month is obvious. With our two top Military guys out for the Holidays, we had a monumental problem. IRON needed not only a leader to step up and lead our highly motivated Military, but one to also lead our sides coalition. We needed someone who the rest of the world respected and had the experience to plan and execute a winning battle strategy. While the opportunity to lead the coalition did not emerge, he took the job knowing that he may very well be the Master Military Coordinator of the Coalition. IRON's Military was in good hands. Also while the war wound down he took over the Awards Dept issuing some long over due awards. I present to you the protector of puppies, taker of Welsh virginity, the son of IRON, Bill N Ted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

Finally caught one of my faves and nearly evolved the fire house. Bigger Pokemon seem to be spawning more and my area I see large groups glued to there phones. I know they are playing Pokemon go. I keep hearing Pokemon names and there ages are 20-40. I feel more Pokemon are spawning due to lots of people playing in my area/im a higher Lvl now. Or combination of both. I see allot of groups around sundown also when it's cooling down and no direct sunlight. So maybe best to try to look to see if there are more spawning while the larger groups are looking to see if my theory is correct.

There is more spawning since people tend to drop lures at pokespots. Using essence will also increase your chances of getting pokemon but not necessarily rare or what you want. I'm unsure if just being in a group increases your chances or not but I think being near a pokestop will. Just find a nice little block with plenty of spots that's a 5-minute walk I'm sure you'll find plenty. Don't forget, the time of day will affect what pokemon you get.

It sounds fun, and can get behind what the company is trying to do (though concerns about data mining are somewhat worrisome). It's a shame that I'm completely uninterested in Pokemons.

Also, glad to see something non-shitty come to the mobile

To be fair, at launch there was a bug where the game accessed more data than required with google. It's been patched since to be limited so that your information won't be as compromised.

@Bill N Ted: I've seen several girls, usually with guys lol

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

I have stopped and talked to quite a few women playing the game.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bill N Ted

Bill N Ted

Troll Lord

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,138 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:049308

Were they hot? 

Did you get your squirttle wet?  

Dropping canned Sunshine since December 2006
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

January, IRON's Member of the Month is obvious. With our two top Military guys out for the Holidays, we had a monumental problem. IRON needed not only a leader to step up and lead our highly motivated Military, but one to also lead our sides coalition. We needed someone who the rest of the world respected and had the experience to plan and execute a winning battle strategy. While the opportunity to lead the coalition did not emerge, he took the job knowing that he may very well be the Master Military Coordinator of the Coalition. IRON's Military was in good hands. Also while the war wound down he took over the Awards Dept issuing some long over due awards. I present to you the protector of puppies, taker of Welsh virginity, the son of IRON, Bill N Ted.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

I have stopped and talked to quite a few women playing the game.

why dose this not surprise me?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • Souls Baptized:

II took a girl out tonight for Pokemon Go. It was one of the most enjoyable dates I've ever been on. She had a blast even though she didn't really know anything about the game or Pokemon.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Discord ID:Black Rook
Girl: I'm not interested
Hung: I have a 1k CP lapras
Girl: take me

-----

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lazarus Hex

Lazarus Hex

Wrought IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 142 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588682
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Lmao. I had to reply. That made me laugh.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Lmao. I had to reply. That made me laugh.

So true

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users