Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, how many was that Germany?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441
  • Squadron:Kilo

I know this has already probably been said, but we cannot simply declare war against a religion. The filth from Nice, France wasn't even Muslim, according to his brother he never went to the mosque or prayed barely ever. The Muslim population outweighs the American population 6.8:1 and America is bigger than all other countries almost, so to battle them, even a percent of their population is just outrageous. We are at war with terrorists, we are constantly battling ISIS which is the Islamic States of Iraq and Syria. NO WHERE in that acronym does it say the Islamic people OR Islam, it says the ISLAMIC STATES. So for you to say we are at war with Islam is just asinine, no offense there's just no better way to put it.

The Nice attacker was not religious for most of his life and became completely radicalized during the course of a year or so.

When I speak of a war, I do not mean it in the classical sense and I certainly do not mean it as a USA vs Muslims conflict. It's a lot more abstract and a lot more broad than that. It is true that, the dar-al-Islam has bloody borders wherever it interacts with another civilization (if we're not even counting the conflicts with the West, there's Kashmir, the Uyghurs, Chechnya, Palestine vs Israel, Sudan, the Balkans, etc...), but the real trenches (that also divide ascribers to Islam) are between religious reactionaries and modernists. To make matters more complicated the reactionaries themselves are pitted against eachother based on which sect they belong to.

There are no clear sides here, but what you see in the ME is the conflict going hot. Too early to call what the end of it all will be, but know that the end-goal of Islamism (which is a political ideology based on the more warlike ideals of Islam) is to see a world united under one theocratric banner or to die trying. Either way, it doesn't look good. My bet is that someone, somwhere in the future will get their hands on a WMD and if they see no way of assuring victory will propel themselves, along with most of humanity to the afterlife.

Just to make matters worse, ISIS is not really an organized military, they are a coalition and we have barely any clue who we can talk to. And if we can talk to someone, no one wants to talk to them because of the fear factor they have imposed on the world. Not even their own citizens are safe, it's just tragic what is happening and i guarantee this will last for a long time, even after there is a nuke, or 10 or however many we deem necessary. They will not stop, radical ideas do not just dissolve into society, for example, the KKK is a radical group with radical ideas, yes there's never been any WMD placed upon them BUT, many people are against them but their ideas are rooted in society and will last beyond my lifetime, and I just recently turned 15. Some things never change.

15?

Woah.. 

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593623
  • Souls Baptized:86,100
  • Squadron:Delta
  • Discord ID:D34THBR1NG3R

5?   Woah.. 
haha yea I've always been up-to-date and had my opinions on recent world events. 

Just to make matters worse, ISIS is not really an organized military, they are a coalition and we have barely any clue who we can talk to. And if we can talk to someone, no one wants to talk to them because of the fear factor they have imposed on the world. Not even their own citizens are safe, it's just tragic what is happening and i guarantee this will last for a long time, even after there is a nuke, or 10 or however many we deem necessary. They will not stop, radical ideas do not just dissolve into society, for example, the KKK is a radical group with radical ideas, yes there's never been any WMD placed upon them BUT, many people are against them but their ideas are rooted in society and will last beyond my lifetime, and I just recently turned 15. Some things never change.

With organizations like ISIS, there is nothing to talk about. Their stated goal is not to end Western meddling in Syria, the freeing of political prisoners, or the recognition as a sovereign state. What they want is to establish a GLOBAL Caliphate by killing or subjugating every non-believer (or people who are not believers enough). The only was to beat them is to win the war of ideas and the actual war itself. This will unfortunately not happen until Islam goes through a grand-scale reformation of its own, but that is unfortunately nowhere in sight. In the mid-2000s muslim theologist Tariq Ramadan a called for a moratorium on the execution of hudud punishments (sins for which the punishment is explicitly stated in the Koran). He spent a better part of a decade trying to convince Imams all over the world to support his motion. The finally put it to vote on a global converence...it failed spectaculaly.

sounds like a cool movie plot

If only we were watching it from a couch instead of being the main actors.

I was in 1-5th grade when that happened so i have no remembrance of that. But i just know that people are crazy and that if we want to end the war, i agree there needs to be a drastic change or somehow we need to take control of the state(s). But all I can say is the world is a crazy place.

The world is a dangerous place. Not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

-Albert Einstein

Nuked 11 times in the name of IRON!

Posted Image

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

-General George S. Patton

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

UPDATE: The real culprit behind the Munich shooter was revealed. VIDEO GAMES! Not just any video game either. COUNTER STRIKE: SOURCE a game so diabolical that it is played "by nearly every known rampage killer".

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/24/munich-gunman-a-fan-of-violent-video-games-rampage-killers-had-planned-attack-for-a-year.html

EDIT: I have just one thing to say. Don't worry de Mazaire, it may seem like it, but the train will not actually hit you

Edited by ccabal86, 25 July 2016 - 06:42 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

There is as much "peace" in Christianity as there is in Islam, go reread the Old Testament (pro-tip, they both follow it!)

Anyway, what we have:

- axe guy: seems most convincing, he is inspired by it.

- MacDonald guy: people lash back at society, no single drop of religion anywhere near this one, heck it is more likely even that he was celebrating somethings 5th anniversary.

- machete guy: last heared its a lovers quarrel.

- suicide guy: mildly inspired, more probably someone threw him a sarcastic line after his second suicide attempt and he went with it due to getting the order to go to Bulgaria (point of EU entry).

so what we have, 1 sure, 1 copy-cat, 2 unrelated.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

There is as much "peace" in Christianity as there is in Islam, go reread the Old Testament (pro-tip, they both follow it!)

Absolutely, and it took us more than a millenia to turn the papacy into pope Francis, and millions died for it. The Jews went under their own reformation. We paid dearly in blood to get where we are today and I'll be damned if I sit by quietoy while Mengela Merkel sells us out to Islamic theocrats.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

so lets put the lessons we learned from the Enlightenment NOT to work supporting the rest of the world.

gotcha

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

The rest of the world has gone to shit. The Arab Spring was supposed to bring positive change to the ME, turns out there was no popular support for any sort of liberal principles, and instead people wanted theocracies. The EU economy is crumbling and we are falling behind pretty much everyone in military capabilities while tensions heat up everywhere in the world. Meanwhile, climate change slowly turns parts of the world uninhabitable while the population of Africa keeps growing exponentially.

The results of the reality check are in: the golden age is over, time to brace for impact. It's every region for itself now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

Absolutely, and it took us more than a millenia to turn the papacy into pope Francis, and millions died for it. The Jews went under their own reformation. We paid dearly in blood to get where we are today and I'll be damned if I sit by quietoy while Mengela Merkel sells us out to Islamic theocrats.

Christians do not follow the old testament, that's an uneducated statement.

Christians obey by the rules laid out in the New Testament as Christ had already fulfilled the Old Testament.

Read the two, there's a completely different demeanor.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

D34THBR1NG3R

D34THBR1NG3R

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 745 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593623
  • Souls Baptized:86,100
  • Squadron:Delta
  • Discord ID:D34THBR1NG3R

Christians obey by the rules laid out in the New Testament as Christ had already fulfilled the Old Testament.

The world is a dangerous place. Not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

-Albert Einstein

Nuked 11 times in the name of IRON!

Posted Image

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

-General George S. Patton

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

doom for all o/

as for the old/new testament, how many christians follow that one aswell? Its mostly just morals that are taken from it, morals that are generally universal (aka ever religion has them).

What you got is a few misfits who hijack some radical part and toy with it to suit there narcisism, the real danger is it becoming a tradition (see North Korea).

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Yes, but the Old Testament is still part of the "canon" if you will, otherwise no Christian would argue for "intelligent design" or keep the "ten commandments". It still "valid" for the most part. It is true though that the Bible's main focus is on the New Testament though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

Yes, but the Old Testament is still part of the "canon" if you will, otherwise no Christian would argue for "intelligent design" or keep the "ten commandments". It still "valid" for the most part. It is true though that the Bible's main focus is on the New Testament though.

we don't follow '10 commandments' either, as those were commandments given to the children of Israel, not Christians.

might need to educate yourself a little here

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
as for the old/new testament, how many christians follow that one aswell? Its mostly just morals that are taken from it, morals that are generally universal (aka ever religion has them).

Not every Christian is a perfect Christian, but don't mistake that all Christians follow the New Testament.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

we don't follow '10 commandments' either, as those were commandments given to the children of Israel, not Christians.

Umm, yes you do? At least they are explicitly part of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, but even if you are not a Catholic, you can look to the Sermon on the Mount:

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17)

and continues with

“For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (verses 18-19)

So yes, unless you follow some really unusual form of Christianity, the 10 commandments are still valid with some "tweaks" here and there

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:

Umm, yes you do? At least they are explicitly part of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, but even if you are not a Catholic, you can look to the Sermon on the Mount:

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill” (Matthew 5:17)

and continues with

“For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (verses 18-19)

So yes, unless you follow some really unusual form of Christianity, the 10 commandments are still valid with some "tweaks" here and there

Well not directly.

We don't look at the 10 commandments as the rules that govern our lives. In the New Testament Jesus Christ introduced the commandment to love thy neighbour:

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. - John 13:34

Which carries the same weight as the 10 commandments and some more, i.e if you love your neighbour you will not steal, etc

But it isn't the commandments that were given to the followers of Christ (Christians)

That's my own understanding anyhow

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Argus Panoptes

Argus Panoptes

Not From Greece

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,449 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:535904
  • Souls Baptized:5,663,128
  • Discord ID:Argus

Shit, I was in Nice with my GF just 2 months ago, walked the Promenade des Anglais every day. Next week I'm in Vienna and after that in the Algarve, knowing there are misguided, frustrated, impressionable individuals on every corner of every street, looking for a reason to unload. All you need is a rented truck or a shank. ISIS provides the perfect ideological motivation and claims every attack is by one of their "soldiers". Meanwhile, Adolf Erdogan is busy with his own expurgation program, recruiting Turkish immigrants across Europe to attack their fellow immigrants.

Aye, we live in interesting times.

Posted Image

Don't look at this
Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

@Samus

To be honest, the text is (unsurprisingly) so obscure that you can interpret it quite a few ways. The majority opinion seems to be that they are still in effect with the tweaks and additions that you also have mentioned.

But you at least have the opportunity (and even encouraged) to interpret the texts for yourself. A vast number of Muslims for example believe that even this is forbidden for the common believer, and interpreting religious texts is the privilege of the Ulema

Edited by ccabal86, 25 July 2016 - 11:08 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Black Rook

Black Rook

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 800 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:590694
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Black Rook
My understanding was the love they neighbour was of a higher order than the commandments.
It's like a flow chart,
Step 1: love thy neighbour
Step 2: see 10 commandments

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Posted Image

ZI is good for you[iron]>
builds character[iron]>

-----

And thank you to Blade the most merciful Master of Nukes

-----

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
But you at least have the opportunity (and even encouraged) to interpret the texts for yourself

I think this is the biggest reason why people get brainwashed so easy. They go into a class, listen to someone preach their own interpretation of the books and declare it as factual, rather than taking in others interpretations and coming to a conclusion with their own understanding.

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593353
  • Souls Baptized:2,495,905
  • Squadron:Alpha

over the past 300 years, totalitarianism has ravaged practically every nation on the continent (where the Endarkenment flowered), whereas the UK, the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand have a centuries old democratic tradition. give that some thought.

ROLL POLAR :betsy: :roll: :roll: :awesomeiron2a:

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users