Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

So, how many was that Germany?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593353
  • Souls Baptized:2,495,905
  • Squadron:Alpha

meanwhile coalition is still twiddling thumbs on bombing the shit out of ISIS. just dont understand 

The problem is that bombing the crap out of ISIS won't solve the problem. The West needs to rediscover something worth fighting for.

Liberté, égalité, fraternité. That's a nice starting point. No, it's not where we are as a society, but what we as society should aspire to be. 

BTW I'm not French

Hm. I don't remember that working out very well....... 

:P

Eh? OK, I get to vote Clinton or Drumpf in a few months. Shoot me now please.

I feel your pain. I have never been gladder not to be an American.

ROLL POLAR :betsy: :roll: :roll: :awesomeiron2a:

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
  • Squadron:Kilo

meanwhile coalition is still twiddling thumbs on bombing the shit out of ISIS. just dont understand 

The problem is that bombing the crap out of ISIS won't solve the problem. The West needs to rediscover something worth fighting for.

Well bombing Isis is more legit than supporting dictators, occupation and forcing democracies through bombs...literally, dont you think?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:

Well bombing Isis is more legit than supporting dictators, occupation and forcing democracies through bombs...literally, dont you think?

We seem to think along the same lines. I always thought Bush's invasion of Iraq was dumb, and destabilising Syria, Egypt, Libya, etc was one of the many colossal errors of the Obama administration.

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

So one of my friends just had a baby. It is very cute and adorable. 

She is a the descendant of Iraqi Refugees living in Sweden, who took them in after the first gulf war and the bloodbath that followed. She is a lovely woman, with a lovely husband (also a refugee), and will be a wonderful mother. Reading the comments on facebook, there are some in Arabic, some in Swedish, some in English. A coming together of peoples, races and religions to celebrate a beautiful little baby boy. 

Which is what this is about and why we are not, must never be, and hopefully never will be at war with Islam. This is a beautiful child, born innocent, to be celebrated by everybody. As soon as we have a notion that we are at war with Islam, at war with those descended from Islam, we are at war with ourselves, our principles, our tolerance and we will create something evil for that child. If we continue with what we have stood for, for tolerance, equality, compassion, for love and for brotherhood, we will create something beautiful for that child. 

I was raised a Catholic, although I no longer follow that path, the basic principle of Love thy neighbor stays with me. The thing is, most victims of ISIS are Muslims. If you are a Muslim you have a far greater chance of death at the hands of ISIS than a Western European Christian. That is why the refugees have come to Europe, because ISIS was killing them. And that is why if you want to defeat ISIS you must stand with the overwhelmingly decent, honest, hospitable people that fill the Middle East in their struggle with the evil group that is poisoning their land, killing their people, bombing their cities, destroying their heritage and culture. We stand a much better chance if we remember that we are mostly on the same side, than if we stare down a blinkered view, insisting that we are different and declaring a war on an entire religion/people. 

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:

She is a the descendant of Iraqi Refugees living in Sweden, who took them in after the first gulf war and the bloodbath that followed. She is a lovely woman, with a lovely husband (also a refugee), and will be a wonderful mother. Reading the comments on facebook, there are some in Arabic, some in Swedish, some in English. A coming together of peoples, races and religions to celebrate a beautiful little baby boy. 

Which is what this is about and why we are not, must never be, and hopefully never will be at war with Islam. This is a beautiful child, born innocent, to be celebrated by everybody. As soon as we have a notion that we are at war with Islam, at war with those descended from Islam, we are at war with ourselves, our principles, our tolerance and we will create something evil for that child. If we continue with what we have stood for, for tolerance, equality, compassion, for love and for brotherhood, we will create something beautiful for that child. 

I was raised a Catholic, although I no longer follow that path, the basic principle of Love thy neighbor stays with me. The thing is, most victims of ISIS are Muslims. If you are a Muslim you have a far greater chance of death at the hands of ISIS than a Western European Christian. That is why the refugees have come to Europe, because ISIS was killing them. And that is why if you want to defeat ISIS you must stand with the overwhelmingly decent, honest, hospitable people that fill the Middle East in their struggle with the evil group that is poisoning their land, killing their people, bombing their cities, destroying their heritage and culture. We stand a much better chance if we remember that we are mostly on the same side, than if we stare down a blinkered view, insisting that we are different and declaring a war on an entire religion/people. 

During Ramadhan I enjoyed an iftar meal with members of a local mosque, who were lovely people who had inherited good morals from their Islamic tradition. I think deep, radical love for our neighbour is the best answer we have available to jihad. 

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:

I like how ccabal brushed aside occupations and mass murders of Muslims in Kashmir, Palestine etc. 3 or 4 dozen unarmed protestors were shot and killed in Kashmir, 100s blinded by use of pallet guns, the current uprising isn't even particularly about religion but more about right to self determination. How do you think people would react when generations of them have been denied basic human dignity?

Now I imagine say if Erdogan's government shot and killed dozen of Christian protestors, ccabal et al would be up in arms and saying just how bad all the Muslims are.

Just proves the point that to you a value of human life is not just equal. That crimes committed by state-actors is in some way ok against unarmed civilians and that it is a negligible and ignorable crime compared to non-state actors committing crimes against unarmed civilians. Infact, it should be the other way around.

Let's put some core and basic facts on the table.

- Currently, as a religious group, it is the Muslims that form the largest number of people that are under draconian occupation compared to any other group.  Please let me know if there is anyone else. 

-  How many non-muslim countries being invaded by a muslim majority country in the last generation? 

- How many regime changes are being directed by a Muslim majority country on a non-Muslim majority country? Compare that to regime changes being conducted against Muslim countries by non-Muslim countries?

- Let's talk about civilian deaths which have been caused by foreign interventions while we are it.

Just because these facts do not make rounds on your media or circles on daily basis does not mean that these facts do not exist. Do the maths, see the actual big picture. More people have been killed in the name of Democracy than Allah, let's get that on the table here.

And you literally keep quoting same points from Quran, picking them out without any contextual references like ISIS uses to justify whatever the fuck they are doing right now.

For every point you quote, you can find a counter point from the same book or from examples of prophets life. unfortunately for you and some Isis, they'd pick the ones that supports whatever narrative they're running with.

One thing we can tho agree on, bomb the fuck out of ISIS, west has bombed countries for far less or nothing, I just don't understand the hesitation...you'll even have public opinion on your side, hell, even in Muslim majority countries.

You should allying with moderates who are fighting their narrative, not undermine them by brushing them together with these guys too.

Also lol at no friends because the book says, I consider you a friend, even tho I strongly disagree with some of your views, but yea, I'm here with all of you, so stop being an idiot man. Life experience taught me that simplifying the world in black or white leads to bad decisions and unhappiness.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

I like how ccabal brushed aside occupations and mass murders of Muslims in Kashmir, Palestine etc. 3 or 4 dozen unarmed protestors were shot and killed in Kashmir, 100s blinded by use of pallet guns, the current uprising isn't even particularly about religion but more about right to self determination. How do you think people would react when generations of them have been denied basic human dignity?

Now I imagine say if Erdogan's government shot and killed dozen of Christian protestors, ccabal et al would be up in arms and saying just how bad all the Muslims are.

Just proves the point that to you a value of han life is not just equal.

I am saddened by thsoe attacks as well, but the cold hard thruth is that it's 1) been like that for decades and 2) they're in a far away place and therefore not my immediate concern. Yes, you can call me a selfish asshole, but humans are like that, they care most about the things that hit close to home.

And you literally keep quoting same points from Quran, picking them out without any contextual references like ISIS uses to justify whatever the fuck they are doing right now.

For every point you quote, you can find a counter point from the same book or from examples of prophets life. unfortunately for you and some Isis, they'd pick the ones that supports whatever narrative they're running with.

Ok, maybe I could have been more creative with the Koran quotes, but I can switch either of them out for far worse, there are plenty. My point here is that as long as mainstream Muslims in general, and clerics in particular hang on to the dogma that the Koran contains the exact, infallible and final word of God (which I believe is the core tenet of Islam) you're going to have trouble. Heck, without questioning this you don't even have grounds to criticize what ISIS is doing, at least not from a theological standpoint. Obviously, the pink elephant in the room is that the Koran is at the very least NOT the literal truth of God if only for the controviersies alone that you have mentioned. If contition "A" is the opposite of condition "B", then "A" and "B" cannot be simultaneously true, no matter how mysterious God's ways are. Instead, like other sacred scriptures in the world, the Koran too was written by fallible human beings and therefore it too is an imperfect product, like everything else in the world. Now the problem here, is that whichever Muslim points out the pink elephant is likely to be branaded an Apostate and dealt with most harshly. You live in Pakistan, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

This is an issue that you guys will have to deal with eventually, or things will keep going downhill. Not sure how best to go at it, but recognizing and admitting that the problem exists would be a good first step.

One thing we can tho agree on, bomb the fuck out of ISIS, west has bombed countries for far less or nothing, I just don't understand the hesitation...you'll even have public opinion on your side, hell, even in Muslim majority countries.

Just as Muslims, the West is pussyfooting around the aforementioned core issue. The willful or unwitting obfuscation by virtually all stakeholders does not help either and actually obstructs your next point:

You should allying with moderates who are fighting their narrative, not undermine them by brushing them together with these guys too.

I would call them "liberal" and not "moderates", but I completely agree. Unfortunately those Muslims who are willing to admit that among many other factors the very nature if Islam as it is practiced toady is also to blame are instantly marginalized and ignored (and not just by Muslims, but also the Western regressive left), just look at Maajid Nawaz and Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

Also lol at no friends because the book says, I consider you a friend, even tho I strongly disagree with some of your views, but yea, I'm here with all of you, so stop being an idiot man. Life experience taught me that simplifying the world in black or white leads to bad decisions and unhappiness.

I also consider you a friend, but I reject that I'm painting a black and white picture. I just think that I'm pointing out some facts that by all rationale should be truisms, and yet somehow they are not. But I do believe that unless there is some sincere and open discussion about these, we will continue slide down the apocalypse spiral.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

First of all, congratulations to your friends on the baby.

With that said let's make some clarifications first. "Peoples, races and religions" is somewhat obscurantist, "those descended from Islam" is even more so. What's funny is that you might not even be aware that you're doing it. Notions like anti-semitism, racism, xenophobia, islamophobia are used so incorrectly and interchangeably in  in the media that they're all becoming a jumbled mess.

Race is the outwardly appearance of one's genotype - the result of minute differences in one's genome that really shouldn't even be an issue from a biological perspective. One does not pick his genome, and therefore neither does his race.  Islam is not a race. It is a religion (which is a polite way to call an ideology that, via unfortunate social conventions, enjoys immunity from criticism). When you look at the core of it, it's not actually different from other ideologies like Communism, Libertarianism, etc, and one should be free to pick his ideologies.

Therefore when people speak of "Christian babies" and "Muslim babies" it makes no more sense than to speak of "Fascist babies" or "Capitalist babies", unless of course we accept that a two-year-old is familiar with the teachings of Christ and agrees with them. When you speak of "those descended from Islam", it's problematic for the same reason (a.k.a "those descended from Communism").

Then there is the question of indoctrination, but I'm not going to get into that right now. Let's just say that like this child, others are also "beautiful, born innocent, to be celebrated by everybody" and it's outright criminal when so many are intellectually hobbled for life by some sort of dogma instead of being taught to think critically. Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting that your friends would do this, just trying to prove a point.

On ISIS's victims being Muslims. Yes, this is true. It's only that according to them, they're the wrong kind of Muslims or they're not Musim enough. Like I said earlier, the trenches don't lie between Muslims and non-Muslims, it's way more difficult than that.

Edited by ccabal86, 27 July 2016 - 08:14 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:

how does the quote system works, it keeps quoting the whole thing  -.-

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
You have to go into text mode and insert the tags yourself. It's the little switch top left corner

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

You have to go into text mode and insert the tags yourself. It's the little switch top left corner

or just press quote..

or select the text you want to quote and click quote

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fermion

Fermion

Thirsty for moar

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,538 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:585857
  • Souls Baptized:1,086,384
  • Discord ID:Fermion#3255
Or type the text between the quote tags in normal editor. That works too :P

no offices held rn

Posted Image

Get a trade circle here | ITF Guide | War Guide

Apply for War Aid | Delta Squad Bar

U had no mp no sdi no military wonder actually :lol:
Kuch bhi kaho bhai dilar admi ho tussi
Sunnny deol ho sunny deol

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.
Fermion, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
^Edited my placeholder

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
Latest updates on blasphemy/apostasy front: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/29/which-countries-still-outlaw-apostasy-and-blasphemy/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Something is stirring in France, maybe there is hope yet: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36939601

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
Another excellent article, sums up a good deal that I mentioned earlier: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/interrogation/2016/08/shadi_hamid_on_islamic_exceptionalism.html

May not agree entirely with his perspective at the end of the article, but still interesting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

And the article ignores the one place that both started this "mess" and the sole place that actually had the "mess" supported by the population (instead of just a fraction in all the other Middle Eastern nations).

=> Tunesia

For the rest, can't seem to find something I disagree with while I skimmd the text (geez thats long :o)

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users