Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Presidential Debates

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
  • Squadron:Kilo

Hillary has done something I've never thought to see. My state, Texas, is a swing state now.

Hillary don't do that, tRump did. Tell me something, do you actually like Donald, or is your support for him based on your hatred of Clinton? If you do like Donald, what appeals to you about him?

Its ironic that I have actually seen the exact opposite in my state. Almost all of New York state has Trump signs wherever you go. I literally can count on one hand the number of Hillary signs I have seen out of people's front lawns in the past 6 months. But none of Upstate matters because whichever way NYC votes decides Presidential and State Governor elections.

I have really come to hate that NYC chooses how life is run for the entire rest of New York.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta

Hillary has done something I've never thought to see. My state, Texas, is a swing state now.

Hillary don't do that, tRump did. Tell me something, do you actually like Donald, or is your support for him based on your hatred of Clinton? If you do like Donald, what appeals to you about him?

Its ironic that I have actually seen the exact opposite in my state. Almost all of New York state has Trump signs wherever you go. I literally can count on one hand the number of Hillary signs I have seen out of people's front lawns in the past 6 months. But none of Upstate matters because whichever way NYC votes decides Presidential and State Governor elections.

I have really come to hate that NYC chooses how life is run for the entire rest of New York.

Pitaki was governor, but he lost NYC.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

Indeed, he won 3 times. Now look at these maps, which technically don't matter because the Governor Race is by popular vote, but it does give an indication for what the regions of the state want.

1994: Pataki won pretty much everything but NYC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_gubernatorial_election,_1994#/media/File:NewYorkGubernatorial1994.svg

1998: Pataki won everything but NYC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_gubernatorial_election,_1998#/media/File:NewYorkGubernatorial1998.svg

2002: Once again won everything but NYC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_gubernatorial_election,_2002#/media/File:NewYorkGubernatorial2002.svg

Now look at this map of the 2014 Governor Election. Seems like almost all of NY wanted a Republican Governor, but yet we ended up with Cuomo. Out of 62 counties, only 16 voted for Cuomo but yet he still won. Hardly seems representative of all New Yorkers considering NYC is practically a different state. Different taxes, different laws, entirely different culture and politics.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/New_York_Governor_Election_Results_by_County%2C_2014.svg

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

Indeed, he won 3 times. Now look at these maps, which technically don't matter because the Governor Race is by popular vote, but it does give an indication for what the regions of the state want.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_gubernatorial_election,_1994#/media/File:NewYorkGubernatorial1994.svg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_gubernatorial_election,_1998#/media/File:NewYorkGubernatorial1998.svg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_gubernatorial_election,_2002#/media/File:NewYorkGubernatorial2002.svg

Now look at this map of the 2014 Governor Election. Seems like almost all of NY wanted a Republican Governor, but yet we ended up with Cuomo. Out of 62 counties, only 16 voted for Cuomo but yet he still won. Hardly seems representative of all New Yorkers considering NYC is practically a different state. Different taxes, different laws, entirely different culture and politics.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/New_York_Governor_Election_Results_by_County%2C_2014.svg

You think it was Gerrymandered? 

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

No, gerrymandering can only exist in a Electoral System. Governor races are almost always done by Popular Vote. The point I am trying to make is that NYC metropolitan comprises about 64% of the state's population while 40% reside within in New York City. Yet they represent such a small fraction of New York State's land mass/sphere of influence. That incredibly tiny landmass largely decides politics effecting the entire rest of the state. Something that many Upstate New York residences are not happy about.

Taken from:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_New_York

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

No, gerrymandering can only exist in a Electoral System. Governor races are almost always done by Popular Vote. The point I am trying to make is that NYC metropolitan comprises about 64% of the state's population while 40% reside within in New York City. Yet they represent such a small fraction of New York State's land mass/sphere of influence. That incredibly tiny landmass largely decides politics effecting the entire rest of the state. Something that many Upstate New York residences are not happy about.   Taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_New_York

The same thing happens in my home state of California. Such a large state, and it's totally ruled by Los Angeles and San Francisco. There are ongoing efforts to break California up into 6 states, because most of California is largely unrepresented in state legislature. California turned so fucking blue with regulation, liberal stupidity, and sanctuary cities, I had to move out almost 20 years ago to keep my family safe. Now the blue disease is creeping too much into Las Vegas, because the ever increasing cost of living in California drives them here... but they bring their stupid politics with them. Pretty sure I'll end up in Utah soon, hanging on to the Constitution with the Mormons. Things are truly going to hell.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

The same thing happens in my home state of California. Such a large state, and it's totally ruled by Los Angeles and San Francisco. There are ongoing efforts to break California up into 6 states, because most of California is largely unrepresented in state legislature. California turned so fucking blue with regulation, liberal stupidity, and sanctuary cities, I had to move out almost 20 years ago to keep my family safe. Now the blue disease is creeping too much into Las Vegas, because the ever increasing cost of living in California drives them here... but they bring their stupid politics with them. Pretty sure I'll end up in Utah soon, hanging on to the Constitution with the Mormons. Things are truly going to hell.

Seriously, I know you like to be very dramatic and that you like to say inflammatory things, but if most of what you are saying is truly how you feel, you must truly be suffering a great deal.  It will be okay.  Really.  No one is going to take your guns away.  No one is going to force you or your loved ones to turn gay against your will.  The liberals won't take away our beloved Constitution.  You can live peacefully with people who don't agree with you.  You are probably safe in general. Really.

Have you considered talking to someone about the anxiety you are experiencing?  I am not saying this to be a unkind, but you are catastrophizing and you seem to be in real distress.  I don't like seeing anyone suffer and help is out there. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Seriously, I know you like to be very dramatic and that you like to say inflammatory things, but if most of what you are saying is truly how you feel, you must truly be suffering a great deal.  It will be okay.  Really.  No one is going to take your guns away.  No one is going to force you or your loved ones to turn gay against your will.  The liberals won't take away our beloved Constitution.  You can live peacefully with people who don't agree with you.  You are probably safe in general. Really.   Have you considered talking to someone about the anxiety you are experiencing?  I am not saying this to be a unkind, but you are catastrophizing and you seem to be in real distress.  I don't like seeing anyone suffer and help is out there. 

Oh I get it... it's just me, right? Since we're telling true stories... here is a true California story.

I was born in Anaheim California and lived my first 38 years in wonderful Southern Cal. We went camping at the Kern River at least once a year. It's the Sequoia National Forest. Well guess what?

An illegal that has been deported five times, was recently released from jail... and because of the "sanctuary city" status it was not reported to anyone that would kick this dude out again. He lit the Sequoia National Forest on fire, and it's cost 61 million dollars so far... one dude that didn't belong here... burned down a National Forest... where I used to take my kids.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/25/sanctuary-city-illegal-immigrant-sparks-61-million/

So is it a case of me "catastrophizing"?... or maybe it's a case of people like you with your heads stuck in the sand?

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651

Or maybe its one freak incident of someone being an asshole? My best friend was stabbed to death by his supposed friend a few years ago. The murderer was a true blooded American. I'm now going to draw conclusions based on things that have nothing to do with each other now and say that all American citizens are murderers and we all belong in jail. See I can stick my head up my ass too!

Her point is you demonize liberals based on the fact that you seem to believe that they want to destroy your entire way of life, which despite what Fox would have you believe, isn't the case. There are people on both sides of the aisle who are that way but on the majority Liberals aren't like that. Some of them are overly terrified of guns and are trying to take a short cut with the current situation to avoid unnecessary deaths by saying we should take guns away, I disagree with that, just as many do. Mostly those who suffer the "blue disease" just want to see the people who make shit tons of money pay their fair share in taxes etc. (which they don't thanks to tax loopholes that they have lobbied to have put in place, hence Trump not paying anything in taxes.) They also want to be protected from religious beliefs of those on the right. Many conservative "values" (anti abortion, no gay marriage, keeping churches tax exempt, allowing people to discriminate based on their religious beliefs.) are religiously based and they believe that they are defending their first amendment right here. To put it bluntly that is utterly false. They are attempting to put into law their religious beliefs which is to say, they are forcing the American people to abide by their religious views. If I have the freedom to practice and observe my own religion then why am I subject to the beliefs of a christian senator? If we have the freedom to practice our religion, and to not be discriminated against for our beliefs, then why is it that the right seeks to force their religious views on people who do not share those same religious beliefs? That is at its core unconstitutional and oppressive.

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Republicans want feudalism? Or am I reading the "land > population" wrongly?

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

hilowe

hilowe

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 902 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:559532
  • Souls Baptized:not enough

No, gerrymandering can only exist in a Electoral System. Governor races are almost always done by Popular Vote. The point I am trying to make is that NYC metropolitan comprises about 64% of the state's population while 40% reside within in New York City. Yet they represent such a small fraction of New York State's land mass/sphere of influence. That incredibly tiny landmass largely decides politics effecting the entire rest of the state. Something that many Upstate New York residences are not happy about.

Taken from:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_New_York

No, gerrymandering can only exist in a Electoral System. Governor races are almost always done by Popular Vote. The point I am trying to make is that NYC metropolitan comprises about 64% of the state's population while 40% reside within in New York City. Yet they represent such a small fraction of New York State's land mass/sphere of influence. That incredibly tiny landmass largely decides politics effecting the entire rest of the state. Something that many Upstate New York residences are not happy about.   Taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_New_York

This actually happens across the US.  I saw a map recently of the US, where it showed how the individual counties of the states leaned.  By the land mass, it was heavily red for Republican.  The blue areas for the Democrats were typically the cities.

The point the author of the article was trying to make was that the more urban areas, which are much more densely populated, tend to lean Democrat, while the more rural areas tend to lean Republican.

Author made a statement to the effect of, if you looked at the map, and didn't think of population density, you'd think the Democrat party was a tiny party.

This wasn't the article, but it has similar images: https://www.quora.com/U-S-Political-Parties-Should-the-United-States-be-split-into-two-countries-one-for-Democrats-and-one-for-Republicans

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Eva999

Eva999

Quenched

• BR|Member
  • 483 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:176412
  • Souls Baptized:3,064,366

This actually happens across the US.  I saw a map recently of the US, where it showed how the individual counties of the states leaned.  By the land mass, it was heavily red for Republican.  The blue areas for the Democrats were typically the cities.

The point the author of the article was trying to make was that the more urban areas, which are much more densely populated, tend to lean Democrat, while the more rural areas tend to lean Republican.

Author made a statement to the effect of, if you looked at the map, and didn't think of population density, you'd think the Democrat party was a tiny party.

This wasn't the article, but it has similar images: https://www.quora.com/U-S-Political-Parties-Should-the-United-States-be-split-into-two-countries-one-for-Democrats-and-one-for-Republicans

A good article (well the maps were nice looking anyways, i didn't read the full article) with different visualizations http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/10/united-states-election-map-history/

XnYEu.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Canik

Canik

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 764 posts
  • Resources:

here are people on both sides of the aisle who are that way but on the majority Liberals aren't like that. Some of them are overly terrified of guns and are trying to take a short cut with the current situation to avoid unnecessary deaths by saying we should take guns away, I disagree with that, just as many do.

Yep. I'd disagree with that too and I'm not sure I know any liberal who is really like "we gotta ban guns!!1" I'm sure there are a few but most do not agree with that.

Most Liberals don't want full-on Socialism either. We just understand that there are merits to some Leftist ideals. You know that national park Lysis spoke of? That, ironically, would probably not exist if not for Leftist ideals. It would be privately own and exploited for whatever profit can be gained from the land.

Fox Fire

Fox Fire

Vice-Chair of the Lobster Party

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,767 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:527884
  • Souls Baptized:1,083,443
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Fox Fire

Just throwing this out there:

After all this talk about the "no fly zone", I actually almost want Trump to win. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

here are people on both sides of the aisle who are that way but on the majority Liberals aren't like that. Some of them are overly terrified of guns and are trying to take a short cut with the current situation to avoid unnecessary deaths by saying we should take guns away, I disagree with that, just as many do.

Yep. I'd disagree with that too and I'm not sure I know any liberal who is really like "we gotta ban guns!!1" I'm sure there are a few but most do not agree with that.
Most Liberals don't want full-on Socialism either. We just understand that there are merits to some Leftist ideals. You know that national park Lysis spoke of? That, ironically, would probably not exist if not for Leftist ideals. It would be privately own and exploited for whatever profit can be gained from the land.

Well said both of you. Do you enjoy having a national highway system, national security agencies, a department of health, et al? These are all socialist type services. I don't know many socialists, progressives, or liberals who want to ban all guns. I do know a lot of people who think gun safety must be inforced, many of my republican friends and family feel this way.

The logic of deciding that if some criminals are of a certain minority group, then all members of that minority group are criminals is absurd and dangerous. We watch rRump use that kind of childish over-simplification to promote paranoia and feed the rage of people who don't know better. I have at least one person in my life who swallows this stuff down, hook, line and sinker, and wow, it is hard to watch the way he struggles! People who are weighed down with the kind of terror he feeds them suffer greatly. I am not just being snarky when I express concern for those who buy into his rhetoric, I think they are in real pain and experience real fear and that is why they are so angry and xenophobic. I am being totally genuine right now, I am not mocking anyone, aside from tRump.

I am debating sharing the following because it is one of my deepest, most heartfelt beliefs, and it will hurt me to see it get trolled, but I'm hoping that by sharing it someone might find some value. I believe we are all connected and if one person is hurt, we are all diminished. It Is profoundly sad that so many people look at each other and only see differences and not how alike we all are. We are all citizens of the world, we are all connected, we are all the same species, we all want to feel safe, we all want comfort, we all want some kind of love and connection to others. We are all connected and we would all be so much better off if we could embrace our differences, learn from each other, and work together to improve our world and the human condition.

You know that poem, by John Donne, "No Man Is an Island?" It is the way I see the world. And it is the exact opposite of the kind of stuff that rump of a man is trying to feed us.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

John Donne 1624

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
Sister Midnight, I'd like to add my opinion. Hopefully you don't view it as trolling, more or less my reasoning on why some people are the way they are. what you described is human nature. To me, it is natural to want to love one another, to feel sympathy and compassion towards everyone. Look at a child, they have that innocence and care for everyone.

At the same time, everyone lives a different life and experiences different joys and traumas that alter our views and change the way we feel sympathy. The joys create good memories. Some of the best joys I feel is from actively helping others. I think most humans can feel that same way. The traumas, however, alter those views. Most the time permenantly. Whether you view domestic abuse, drug abuse, freak accidents, actions of evil people, or anything else as traumatic, it does change the views of people. Its a sad reality, but I hope it explains the reasons some people feel the way they do.

As far as hate, I feel that can go either way. Does Trump incite hatred? It can be argued. Have some Trump supporters went out of line and harmed minorities? Yes. Do some Trump supporters say racial things and critize anyone not voting Trump? Yes.

Now lets flip the question. What about Hillary supporters? Have they never gotten violent? They have. Have they not undermined those voting Trump? I'm positive I've seen Hillary supporters call Minorities 'Uncle.Toms' for voting Trump or saying White men can't struggle because 'we're privileged'. I can find these within minutes of just cruising through Facebook. Especially.living in a city with a handful of colleges within 30minutes. 2 major ones are in the same city as myself. This election on.both sides has been.hostile.and bred hate. Don't blame one candidate when both candidates and a handful of.their supporters are doing it. (Not every supporter mind you.)

I'd love for us to embrace differences, but I feel.with both these voter demographics filled with so much hatred towards the candidates that a large amount spread this hate to the voters themselves, it just breds hate. It goes back to the beginning of my post. Both sides have experienced some sort of trauma or bad experience and these candidates and people supporting them are feeding both sides anger.

I feel I've expressed my views about these candidates enough. But I do enjoy reading your responses.

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
Politics incite anger and sometimes hatred. Aside from her "deplorables" comment I haven't seen Hillary make hateful comments. I haven't seen her encourage her supporters to be violent ever. I have seen tRump do those things repeatedly.

I don't see the relevance of bringing up the fact that some the Clinton supporters behave badly. She has not encouraged them and she cannot control them. Her behavior is very different from her opponent in that regard. I watched tRump actually call for violence against protesters at his rallies. That makes him partially responsible for the violence. If you are saying Clinton is on par with tRump because some of her supporters are jerks, that is same thinking as saying all minoritiy people are bad because a member of a minority sets a fire.

FYI, I am not a huge Clinton fan, she is the best choice available to me, it is a shame we don't have better candidates.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Chaplain of death

Chaplain of death

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 1,717 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:589651

Sister Midnight, I'd like to add my opinion. Hopefully you don't view it as trolling, more or less my reasoning on why some people are the way they are. what you described is human nature. To me, it is natural to want to love one another, to feel sympathy and compassion towards everyone. Look at a child, they have that innocence and care for everyone.

At the same time, everyone lives a different life and experiences different joys and traumas that alter our views and change the way we feel sympathy. The joys create good memories. Some of the best joys I feel is from actively helping others. I think most humans can feel that same way. The traumas, however, alter those views. Most the time permenantly. Whether you view domestic abuse, drug abuse, freak accidents, actions of evil people, or anything else as traumatic, it does change the views of people. Its a sad reality, but I hope it explains the reasons some people feel the way they do.

As far as hate, I feel that can go either way. Does Trump incite hatred? It can be argued. Have some Trump supporters went out of line and harmed minorities? Yes. Do some Trump supporters say racial things and critize anyone not voting Trump? Yes.

Now lets flip the question. What about Hillary supporters? Have they never gotten violent? They have. Have they not undermined those voting Trump? I'm positive I've seen Hillary supporters call Minorities 'Uncle.Toms' for voting Trump or saying White men can't struggle because 'we're privileged'. I can find these within minutes of just cruising through Facebook. Especially.living in a city with a handful of colleges within 30minutes. 2 major ones are in the same city as myself. This election on.both sides has been.hostile.and bred hate. Don't blame one candidate when both candidates and a handful of.their supporters are doing it. (Not every supporter mind you.)

I'd love for us to embrace differences, but I feel.with both these voter demographics filled with so much hatred towards the candidates that a large amount spread this hate to the voters themselves, it just breds hate. It goes back to the beginning of my post. Both sides have experienced some sort of trauma or bad experience and these candidates and people supporting them are feeding both sides anger.

I feel I've expressed my views about these candidates enough. But I do enjoy reading your responses.

The thing is that politics in this country divides us because that's the way the 2 party system likes it, its been escalating on and on for years. I think the fact that there have been a lot of racial tensions lately, and with trump's refusal to be even slightly sensitive to such things and divisive rhetoric, it made things much worse. The violence is carried out by those on both sides, but I don't think there would have been such violence if Trump wasn't the Republican candidate. 

laser-destroy.gif

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• 6,498 posts
  • Resources:

^ Interesting sig you got there Chaplain. We all know you are trying to poke fun at the 2nd Amendment, saying people like myself believe it should only be for privileged white folks.

Quite frankly I don't care who you are, if you want to protect yourself, go right ahead! Its what you choose to do with those weapons defines whether or not you should have them.

Former Member of the VOC

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

My wife sent me this from one of her Facebook friends... still believe you guys do nothing to incite violence?

ocare.jpg

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users