Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Presidential Debates

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811
  • Squadron:Kilo

Just finished watching the debate. Much better than the first Presidential Debate. I thought the questions and moderators presented fair inquires and held both candidates in relatively equal light.

If I would have to pick a winner for tonight's debate, I would have to go with Trump. He deflected a lot of criticism in a decent manner. Trump handled it much better than his first debate. Hillary just laughed or told people to check her Fact Checking Website when Trump would say something negative toward her or ask her to answer his question. It comes across to me as not caring about someone's question. My workplace includes many people asking me questions I find to be absolutely ridiculous, ones that go against all forms of common sense, but nevertheless I answer them with respect because the question is important to them.

I do have to say, the best line of the night was Hillary saying "it is a good thing that Mr. Trump is not in charge of the laws in the country". Trump then replied, “Because you’d be in jail,”. Cheers could then be heard from the crowd.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

I hear a loud sigh of relief all over the country. If everyone saw the same debate I did, you have to believe right now Donald Trump is picking pieces of pant suit out of his teeth... because he had Hillary for a snack tonight. Excellent issue driven debate completely on point. I'm a very happy Conservative tonight. Can you believe we got that from CNN and CBS? The race is still alive!

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I hear a loud sigh of relief all over the country. If everyone saw the same debate I did, you have to believe right now Donald Trump is picking pieces of pant suit out of his teeth... because he had Hillary for a snack tonight. Excellent issue driven debate completely on point. I'm a very happy Conservative tonight. Can you believe we got that from CNN and CBS? The race is still alive!

I was extremely impressed. Hillary had very few comments besides "he lies" or same rethoric we hear from her. Even the compliments, her sounded like a staged backhanded compliment and Trump sounded sincere. I expected a more fair moderator experience with Anderson Cooper being there than what we recieved but Trump did outstanding and calling them out on their bias, calling Hillary on her lies, and even ignoring the unimportant issues the moderators kept trying to press to push the actual issues at hands.

Hillarys points on things make no sense to me. Arm the Kurds? Has she forgotten a very decent amount of these Kurdish fighters are Iranian, a nation that continues to have growing hostility and is in a position that escalation could result in WW3 FROM HER AND OBAMA'S ACTIONS. Her issues with Obamacare, her response to the Muslim woman's question didnt really answer anything at all, her taking credit for how the aftermath of 9-11 was handled when a majority of that was Giuliani not her. The entire debate the only thing she mentioned I can give her any credit for is her and Bill allowing 8million.children to be covered. Granted in 30+years in the government, you'd hope she would do something right. Her blant disregard for the handling of classified intel and her emails. Did she not say in the beginning that her emails on a private, unsecure server were not hacked so no harm no foul, THEN at the middle she blames Russia for hacking her emails? Maybe I misheard but i'm fairly sure I didn't. Ill have to check Hillary.com to be sure. We all know the best source of factual information is from Hillary herself. Right?

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:480480
To me it seems very much like Trump said all the things that his base wanted him to say. However overall he lost.

4 weeks from election day, a six point deficit in the polls, a campaign being abandoned by the party...merely saying what your base wants to hear is losing, especially if you have a fairly small base to start eith.Polls after the debate showed him the loser. Polls after the debate show a continued downward trend. The Republican Party is not going to drum out voters for him and he doesn't have the infrastructure to do it himself, and he failed to rally the party back to him.

His only saving grace is his advisors seem to have changed his twitter password to stop him trying to re fight the debate as he did after round 1.
Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

To me it seems very much like Trump said all the things that his base wanted him to say. However overall he lost.

4 weeks from election day, a six point deficit in the polls, a campaign being abandoned by the party...merely saying what your base wants to hear is losing, especially if you have a fairly small base to start eith.Polls after the debate showed him the loser. Polls after the debate show a continued downward trend. The Republican Party is not going to drum out voters for him and he doesn't have the infrastructure to do it himself, and he failed to rally the party back to him.

His only saving grace is his advisors seem to have changed his twitter password to stop him trying to re fight the debate as he did after round 1.

There have been no polls released that were taken after the debate yet. There are 2 daily tracking polls... Rasmussen that tracks the previous 3 days which had Clinton +7 yesterday and has Clinton +5 today... and the L.A. Times poll that still has Trump +2 today... that poll tracks the same 3000 people to show who has momentum. Polling has been all over the place, and honestly it's not been very reliable. The only poll I saw that had Clinton winning that debate was the firmly in the tank for Clinton CNN poll... that 58% of the people polled were Democrats... throw in about 20% Independents and you can see how real it is.

It's an uphill climb for sure, but it's not as bad as it was on Saturday. The Republican Party will go where the Republicans take them. Don't buy into what the media wants to push... they have an agenda and only trying to influence soft minds. The establishment Republicans have never been with Trump, and they will jump off the train whenever the opportunity presents itself, but will jump back on when their own constituents tell them to.

From what it looks like to me... I still think Trump is losing this, but if he can get the message out that a vote for Trump is a vote to put Hillary Clinton in prison, that would be a winning campaign. He could stand on his desk in the Oval Office and scream locker room talk all he wants, and I would just smile... if he could succeed in that one small task.

He's still on Twitter so that's bullshit... I hate social media, but you're just making shit up. He's still filling stadiums. We will know more in a few days, and I'll be here to tell it like it is.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

Both Yougov and CNN had Clinton winning the debate. There are no other polls, the "open access" polls might as well be ignored (although they keep Trump happy I suppose). Given that there are more democrats than Republicans atm, and given the crossbreak also had Clinton winning undecideds, however you cut the weightings, Trump did not win. You end up at best (for him) a draw, at worst a loss. Which given his current situation is bad. (for him)

As for shouting "you'd be in jail," reminding everyone that he has the opinions of a 3rd world dictator is not going to swing undecideds to him. You have to remember that people don't like Clinton....but they hate Trump more. 

Icewolf has been baptized in fire and blood and has emerged as IRON-Bay102174 14th March 2013

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

hilowe

hilowe

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 902 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:559532
  • Souls Baptized:not enough

You have to remember that people don't like Clinton....but they hate Trump more.

I don't know that that is as true as you seem to believe it is (based on this statement alone, maybe I'm reading more into than there really is).  There's a lot of hate for both in general, but I'm the exact opposite of what you stated.  I dislike Trump, but I despise Clinton and the things she has done.

In the end, it's going to depend on who can get people mobilized to go to the voting booth and check the box for them.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance that Trump can win that, looking at the public conferences he's had, seems like Trump supporters mobilize well.  But I also know that there are a lot of people that vote solely based on the letter after their name (R or D), and, if there are more democrats than republicans as you say (I don't look at statistics like that), then Hilary also has a chance.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven

I feel the names after (R or D) wont affect much. The mass majority of voters have always been undecided. As for the polling data, lets not forget that CNN has been exposed a few times in rigging their polls in favor of Hillary. A quick google search will pull up several articles on that.

I have to agree with hilowe though, the race is close and the winner is going to be whoever can mobile their support the best. Granted Trump can mobilize for massive rallies, so could Sanders and his voter turnout was not as good as his rally turn out. Hillary has a larger dedicated crowd in my opinion than Trump, so the more important aspect here is the undecided voters leanings that actual show up at the polls in battleground states. Those are roughly split down the middle, so I dont believe its a for sure win for anyone at this point as both candidates supports are flucuating this month. Really, at this point, there is enough evidence on both sides for the undecided to choose their version of lesser of two evils and a majority dont vote in these polls but rather the election itself. We'll know for sure after the 8th. Be sure though to go to hillary.com to hear about how 99% of the undecided support her. (Joke)

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

You have to remember that people don't like Clinton....but they hate Trump more.

I don't know that that is as true as you seem to believe it is (based on this statement alone, maybe I'm reading more into than there really is). There's a lot of hate for both in general, but I'm the exact opposite of what you stated. I dislike Trump, but I despise Clinton and the things she has done.

In the end, it's going to depend on who can get people mobilized to go to the voting booth and check the box for them.

I'd say there's a pretty good chance that Trump can win that, looking at the public conferences he's had, seems like Trump supporters mobilize well. But I also know that there are a lot of people that vote solely based on the letter after their name (R or D), and, if there are more democrats than republicans as you say (I don't look at statistics like that), then Hilary also has a chance.
Trump's favourability is worse than Clinton's than by a long way.

As for turnout Trump's organisation is pretty weak. Clinton has a much better network, and the full party organisation to back her. Trump is threadbare and has been ditched by his party.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta

I don't know who you have been talking with, but watching that misogynistic stink weasel stalk around the stage, hovering over Hillary, like he was going to mug her was profoundly disturbing to me and almost every woman I've talked with (including republican women). 

He performed better than he did in the first debate, which isn't saying much, but he was still incoherent at times, and he blatantly lied, brought up irrelevant topics like stuff about Hillary's husband's cheating on her (for which he apparently blames Hillary - bat poo crazy) whined that he Hillary's emails weren't brought up by the Mods, when they had already been brought up by the Mods, changed the subject in that slippery manner that all politicians seem to engage in when someone pins them down on things they don't want to discuss (HRC did this too). 

I don't know what debate you watched, but I felt sickened and ashamed by the man the republican party nominated to be the most powerful person in the world.

On another, related note, I'd like to ask you men in this thread how often you've bragged about attempting and failing to seduce a married woman while you were married?  Have any of you bragged about grabbing women by the vagina and/or grabbing women and kissing them?  Do you think this is locker room talk?  Have you heard this stuff in a locker room?  Also, are you aware that Trump made these remarks while at work, NOT in a locker room.  Does that matter? 

I am indeed sick to my stomach since yesterday -- not a joke, I'm home from work -- and I do hope you will not make me even sicker, but please be honest.

Oh one more thing:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/10/samantha-bee-breaks-down-the-debate-slams-trump.html?mid=facebook_nymag

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:
Never said or heard similar in a locker room. Ever.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Canned memorized rhetoric about how much she cares, and directing any uncomfortable questions to her website, does not win a debate. Clinton got crushed. The tax return angle was totally neutralized. He didn't hover over Hillary, she walked in front of him, and someone had a good camera angle. Calling out the corrupt Justice Department doesn't make him a dictator... it makes him a hero.

This is a choice between a billionaire with a nasty mouth, and a career criminal that never tells the truth. Most of this country votes on emotion, fear, and personal greed. Because of this, I don't believe Trump can win this, but there is a few weeks to go and miracles sometimes happen. It's turnout on November 8th that will determine this.

Hey Icewolf... pick a state... call the DNC... tell them you're an American citizen living in the UK... I bet they send you a ballot. With Democrats, the ends justify the means. They love to cheat, and they never pass up a vote.

If anyone has 20 minutes and want to know who Hillary Clinton is, you can watch this.

If you just blindly support her, then no one can help you.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

Canned memorized rhetoric about how much she cares, and directing any uncomfortable questions to her website, does not win a debate. Clinton got crushed. The tax return angle was totally neutralized. He didn't hover over Hillary, she walked in front of him, and someone had a good camera angle. Calling out the corrupt Justice Department doesn't make him a dictator... it makes him a hero.

This is a choice between a billionaire with a nasty mouth, and a career criminal that never tells the truth. Most of this country votes on emotion, fear, and personal greed. Because of this, I don't believe Trump can win this, but there is a few weeks to go and miracles sometimes happen. It's turnout on November 8th that will determine this.

Hey Icewolf... pick a state... call the DNC... tell them you're an American citizen living in the UK... I bet they send you a ballot. With Democrats, the ends justify the means. They love to cheat, and they never pass up a vote.

You didn't respond to my question.  I'll ask again:  I'd like to ask you men in this thread how often you've bragged about attempting and failing to seduce a married woman while you were married?  Have any of you bragged about grabbing women by the vagina and/or grabbing women and kissing them?  Do you think this is locker room talk?  Have you heard this stuff in a locker room?  Also, are you aware that Trump made these remarks while at work, NOT in a locker room.  Does that matter?

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

Calling out the corrupt Justice Department doesn't make him a dictator... it makes him a hero.

Promising to throw your political opponent in jail and sigh, whatever.  This says so miuch:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/9/13222826/donald-trump-debate-clinton-jail-dictator

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Icewolf

Icewolf

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,968 posts
  • Resources:

Trump now melting down again on Twitter...so even supposing that he gained some positive news spin from the debate (doubtful but supposing) he has now turned the media cycle back on himself, the Republicans that are disowning him, and by extension, the video that is crucifying him. And therefore neatly spinning Clinton out of the picture of the scandals. 

This, right here, is why he is going to lose. His grasp of basic political strategy is so weak. I used to think maybe there was some master plan, some clever trick or spin that was behind this...not since the general election campaign started in earnest. He is bleeding out. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Calling out the corrupt Justice Department doesn't make him a dictator... it makes him a hero.

Promising to throw your political opponent in jail and sigh, whatever.  This says so miuch:

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/9/13222826/donald-trump-debate-clinton-jail-dictator

Vox? Really? I wouldn't throw Alex Jones at you and call it a day... and anyone who isn't a 3 time married multi billionaire that hangs out in locker rooms is qualified to answer the question. If he was at work... how can you believe he was serious at all?

This is rich... I just saw Hillary in Florida dragging out of the pickle jar, that "real" con-man loser, Al Gore... remember in his stupid con-man film when he said Florida would be under water by now? Well now they get up there today and say that Florida will be under water... wait for it... BY THE END OF THE CENTURY! How stupid do they think people are? The century just started. No one will be around to say "Well Shit!, Al Gore pulled our leg again!"

I still find it humorous that Hillary can crowd up 500 people and make it look like there are thousands in the room. What a peach.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

He didn't hover over Hillary, she walked in front of him, and someone had a good camera angle.

untitled-1.gif

http://metro.co.uk/video/embed/1338193

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/785301699250585600/photo/1

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/09/politics/donald-trump-looming-hillary-clinton-presidential-debate/index.html?sr=twCNN100916donald-trump-looming-hillary-clinton-presidential-debate1006PMVODtop

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

Trump now melting down again on Twitter...so even supposing that he gained some positive news spin from the debate (doubtful but supposing) he has now turned the media cycle back on himself, the Republicans that are disowning him, and by extension, the video that is crucifying him. And therefore neatly spinning Clinton out of the picture of the scandals. 

This, right here, is why he is going to lose. His grasp of basic political strategy is so weak. I used to think maybe there was some master plan, some clever trick or spin that was behind this...not since the general election campaign started in earnest. He is bleeding out. 

I am quite worried he's going to win.  I think he taps into the fear and hatred of a certain group of angry white Americans, who don't care about reality.  What would this man do if he had to deal with world affairs and someone looked at him cross eyed?  He'd launch the nukes!

Vox? Really? I wouldn't throw Alex Jones at you and call it a day... and anyone who isn't a 3 time married multi billionaire that hangs out in locker rooms is qualified to answer the question. If he was at work... how can you believe he was serious at all?

This is rich... I just saw Hillary in Florida dragging out of the pickle jar, that "real" con-man loser, Al Gore... remember in his stupid con-man film when he said Florida would be under water by now? Well now they get up there today and say that Florida will be under water... wait for it... BY THE END OF THE CENTURY! How stupid do they think people are? The century just started. No one will be around to say "Well Shit!, Al Gore pulled our leg again!"

I still find it humorous that Hillary can crowd up 500 people and make it look like there are thousands in the room. What a peach.

He even creeps out chairs!

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/10/10/images-sealed-donald-trumps-fate-predatory-creep.html

Oh and here's a special treat for you:

http://www.someecards.com/news/politics/best-reactions-second-presidential-debate-funny/?utm_source=2016-10-11&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

He didn't hover over Hillary, she walked in front of him, and someone had a good camera angle.

untitled-1.gif

http://metro.co.uk/video/embed/1338193

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/785301699250585600/photo/1

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/09/politics/donald-trump-looming-hillary-clinton-presidential-debate/index.html?sr=twCNN100916donald-trump-looming-hillary-clinton-presidential-debate1006PMVODtop

Holy shit, that fat guy in the back though...how big is he?

Just to add something remotely on topic here, no haven't heard any "locker room" talk like that in either the workplace or a locker room

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

My god... the man is merely walking over to his podium and you call him a stalker? You have a career, habitual lying, criminal... and you're hung up on Trump talking about grabbing some pussy... and this is coming from the one who lives in the x-rated section of the forum. Don't let anyone tell you that Democrat, Progressive, Socialist, Communists, don't have their priorities straight. If my choice is being that, or being deplorable... I guess I'm deplorable.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users