Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[TW-07] Pokemon Mafia - Town Wins

TW-07 Pokemon Mafia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1108 replies to this topic

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:215271
  • Souls Baptized:7
  • Squadron:Kilo

f Yehom is lynched and come up scum, and you RB AbT, and there's a kill, then at least everyone can knock off AbT as the SK.  If no kill is done, well it's likely AbT is the last one, and I'll survive the night to verify it or not.  As well as, let's say AbT isn't the SK but the SK knows you're going to block AbT, he could in fact just not kill tonight and make it look like you blocked AbT and force a mislynch.  Problem with that plan for the SK is I'll still be alive and can report that AbT came up not guilty, so we'll start tomorrow with no kills at night and one less person to suspect.     It's actually quite important to know by the end of the day who you'll be blocking.  If you don't let us know, and you ended up dead, we need to know who you blocked so we know who it couldn't of been because you RB them.  I'm stating now, that I will be investigating AbT tonight (I am going to write a message to TW saying investigate AbT tonight unless I say otherwise before, in case life continues to happen so I don't miss it). 

Okay lets go with your plan. I will RB abt.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

DarkFox has been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

I'm still missing something. I'm assuming TW intentionally said "Nothing Happened" instead of "Did not target anyone." If intentional, who RB'd me?

Samus: Did not target anyone

Rhizo: Rafay

Rhizo: Atliis

Lach: Did not target anyone

AbT: Did not target anyone

Brewers: AbT

Yehom: Nothing Happened

Rhizo has confirmed your actions so you have to be tracker. But what does not add up is your first investigation. Samus was ascetic and you should have gotten "Nothing happened" or "no result" or whatever other result that is different than "Did not target anyone". We need to make it straight before we can interpret your last result.

@TW What is the correct result tracker would receive when targeting ascetic character?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:

AbT - I don't believe is scum. Pointed out a slip up by medved that no one else did, resulting in the lynch of a scum, was part of 2/3 lynches of scum. He also came up guilty to a cop and guilty to an SK, so he was framed at least once, which if he was scum and having Tailor, they'd make him come up town, not guilty. I do think there's possibility that he's a SK.

Just one note here. If I were SK I'd kill you last night. With tailor being lynched, I was dead in the water, left without any excuses when you inevitable came up with "guilty" result. Targeting Brewers instead would make no sense. Also what were the odds you'd not investigate me for the second time? Kill Brewers and get revealed by FBI Agent today?

Secondly if by some strange twist of fate we don't nail remaining scum today I don't want to see you coming at me with the argument "you might be SK". You have all the tools to check me and I want you to take full responsibility for your actions. No more "he might be SK". Come back tomorrow with either "he's SK" or "he's not SK", because if, by some madness, I got lynched down the road, it'll be to easy to slip away with the excuse "not my fault, we all knew it was possible for him to be SK".

f Yehom is lynched and come up scum, and you RB AbT, and there's a kill, then at least everyone can knock off AbT as the SK.  If no kill is done, well it's likely AbT is the last one, and I'll survive the night to verify it or not.  As well as, let's say AbT isn't the SK but the SK knows you're going to block AbT, he could in fact just not kill tonight and make it look like you blocked AbT and force a mislynch.  Problem with that plan for the SK is I'll still be alive and can report that AbT came up not guilty, so we'll start tomorrow with no kills at night and one less person to suspect.     It's actually quite important to know by the end of the day who you'll be blocking.  If you don't let us know, and you ended up dead, we need to know who you blocked so we know who it couldn't of been because you RB them.  I'm stating now, that I will be investigating AbT tonight (I am going to write a message to TW saying investigate AbT tonight unless I say otherwise before, in case life continues to happen so I don't miss it). 

Yep this is a good plan. No matter what happens (whether you or Rhizo or anyone else), we'll be sure I wasn't the one delivering the kill.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:

Anyway, there's clearly something wrong with Yehom. Only way Jazzy would get "nothing happened" is if Yehom is a Roleblocker/Rolestopper, Ascetic (if TW confirms it) or some kind of Hider/Commuter. Either way such result would not get produced by a bulletproof townie.

So either TW has made some mistake (don't think so) or one of the two is lying here and I don't see why Jazzy would lie.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lachiton

Lachiton

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,306 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:604839
  • Souls Baptized:224,049
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Lachiton

Anyway, there's clearly something wrong with Yehom. Only way Jazzy would get "nothing happened" is if Yehom is a Roleblocker/Rolestopper, Ascetic (if TW confirms it) or some kind of Hider/Commuter. Either way such result would not get produced by a bulletproof townie.

So either TW has made some mistake (don't think so) or one of the two is lying here and I don't see why Jazzy would lie.

If Jazzy is telling the truth, then I think Yehom can be mafia ninja. There are already too many roleblocker roles in the game so having another one will be overkill. 

The only issue with Yehom being a ninja is why was Kevin and Kitkat doing the factional kills instead of him? Ninja doing the kills makes the most sense from mafia POV.

Posted Image

Nukes Eaten : 47

Nukes Thwarted : 35

Nukes Delivered : 27

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:

Nah, he can't be ninja. For ninja he'd have received "didn't target anyone" result (that's the point of ninja). Maybe he's ascetic bulletproof, which would suit SK well...though it's inconsistent with Jazzy's result on Samus. That's why it would be nice to know if Samus result was a mistake.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

I'm still missing something. I'm assuming TW intentionally said "Nothing Happened" instead of "Did not target anyone." If intentional, who RB'd me?

Could just be an accident. Happens sometimes, not much to look into it.

With the tailor (KitKat), correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that like a super framer? He could have not only potentially framed AbT, but he could have also altered a scum to pop town on an investigation.

How many mislynches (assuming AbT and I are next on the kill wagon) do we have left?

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

Could just be an accident. Happens sometimes, not much to look into it.

With the tailor (KitKat), correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that like a super framer? He could have not only potentially framed AbT, but he could have also altered a scum to pop town on an investigation.

How many mislynches (assuming AbT and I are next on the kill wagon) do we have left?

In regards to mis-lynches, that all depends on what the make up of the game is.  

If there's only 1 scum left and not another or an SK (2 mislynches)

7 Currently, mislynch goes to 6, if they double kill you both, that means 4T-1 scum tomorrow.  Could mislynch 1 more time and next day would be 2T-1Scum

If there's an SK, that all changes on who it is, and so forth.  

In regards to tailor, yes he could make a scum look town but that's kinda a mute point now.  The only 2 here that have Cop results on are AbT coming up guilty(Framed likely), and Darkfox coming up not guilty.  Given that Darkfox blocked Kitkat 2 nights ago, preventing a kill and helping us lynch Kitkat yesterday, I believe he is town.  Plus Darkfox came up not guilty the same night AbT was likely framed, so even more reason to believe he's town.  So nothing really to look at with Tailor aspect.

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rhizoctonia

Rhizoctonia

Retired

• NM|Former Member
  • 7,698 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:314185
  • Souls Baptized:7,436,130

AbT - I don't believe is scum. Pointed out a slip up by medved that no one else did, resulting in the lynch of a scum, was part of 2/3 lynches of scum. He also came up guilty to a cop and guilty to an SK, so he was framed at least once, which if he was scum and having Tailor, they'd make him come up town, not guilty. I do think there's possibility that he's a SK.

Just one note here. If I were SK I'd kill you last night. With tailor being lynched, I was dead in the water, left without any excuses when you inevitable came up with "guilty" result. Targeting Brewers instead would make no sense. Also what were the odds you'd not investigate me for the second time? Kill Brewers and get revealed by FBI Agent today?

Secondly if by some strange twist of fate we don't nail remaining scum today I don't want to see you coming at me with the argument "you might be SK". You have all the tools to check me and I want you to take full responsibility for your actions. No more "he might be SK". Come back tomorrow with either "he's SK" or "he's not SK", because if, by some madness, I got lynched down the road, it'll be to easy to slip away with the excuse "not my fault, we all knew it was possible for him to be SK".

Yep this is a good plan. No matter what happens (whether you or Rhizo or anyone else), we'll be sure I wasn't the one delivering the kill.

I would agree with your sentiment that if you were, the logical move would be to kill me last night.  You would have no idea I'd forget to do my power, and not killing me if you were SK would mean I'd be around tomorrow to tell everyone.  That being said, with my role, I have to not fully eliminate the possibility there's a SK.  Thus I tried to explain my reasoning why I feel you're the only possible person, given that I've never seen a SK with also another role and everyone else's role is basically verified (know Jazzy is tracker, Lach's RC seems legit, Sea was willing to die to lynch you, Darkfox RB kitkat, Yehom could be, but I think more likely scum) for most part or believable.  You claim a 1 shot Vig, which could be an easy role to hide an SK kill with.  Only role I think personally could accompany a SK would be Ninja/Strongman.  

Unless you were a Godfather type SK, that would come up not guilty to my investigation(unless framed) could I see you wanting me alive to tell everyone.  But if that's the case, then I would have major issues with TW's setup if a SK can't be found guilty by the only role possible to.  Would be stupid.   

That being said, siding on the safe side to get the best answer come tomorrow if we lynch last scum and the game continues is why I am asking Darkfox to block you (you have no claimed role to use) and me investigating.  I'm well aware of my fuck up already, given not having the answer already for you due to real life.  Especially given I've been hard on Rafay/MK purposely basically throwing, and being hard on your possible innocent mistake about Cupid early on.   No one is more pissed at me more about it then myself, thus asking if a replacement could be found (doubtful) is only thing I could think of because I don't like to be the cause of ruining a game.  I'm trying to at least use the little free time to post and put down my feelings given my screw up.  

Posted Image

Former Government Of The East India Company(VOC)
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

Well it looks like we all decided on what to do. I believe everyone posted but just to make sure get the posts in guys and lets end the day and hopefully the game.

DarkFox, Since joining IRON you have been a great asset in our Military. You exemplify the IRON Values in support of IRON. Your hard work and dedication is not unnoticed.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:

Probably not much to talk about. I don't see anything spectacular happening that will change our views. Possible inconsistency in Jazzy's result on Samus is actually not that important, since Jazzy is confirmed tracker.

I don't expect there are more than 4 scum in this game (especially when considering supersaint + nympho free kills) and Yehom is the best target right now.

vote Yehom

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DarkFox

DarkFox

Minister of Defense

• Minister of Defence
  • 2,315 posts
  • Resources:

to end it

vote Yehom

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lachiton

Lachiton

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,306 posts
  • Resources:

Did everybody get to 3 posts? Dont end the day early if we have anyone in danger of being mod killed.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275

Did everybody get to 3 posts? Dont end the day early if we have anyone in danger of being mod killed.

If it is a hammer lynch, there will not be any mod kills. Most probably.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven

Vote Yehom

Don't see any other viable options

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:

Best case scenario Yehom is a scum and his lynch will end the game.

Worst case scenario he's town and we'll get to play another day. In that case keep in mind not to vote anyone until we make a solid plan on what to do (with few players left it's easier for scum to suddenly end the day). 

Also during the night:

- DarkFox, as mentioned is blocking me

- Rhizo is investigating me

- Jazzy should track Rhizo (last possible target to track, since everyone else is either confirmed town or is being blocked).

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lachiton

Lachiton

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,306 posts
  • Resources:

Yehom looks like the last mafia at least or else I would be really surprised if he is not.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

damn this game is more dead than my character.  no one has said anything in two days lol 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

Vote Count

Yehom (4): Rhizoctonia, Ali bin Turban, Darkfox, SeaBeeGipson

Ali bin Turban (0): 

Darkfox (0):

Jazzy95 (0):

Lachiton (0):

Rhizoctonia (0):

SeaBeeGipson (0):

No Lynch (0):

Not Voting: Jazzy95, Lachiton, Yehom

With 7 players alive it takes 4 to lynch or 2 at deadline.

Deadline is 1:00pm CST on Friday, July 6th..

Currently in danger of mod-kill:

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

Yehom (Golem), a Mafia Defense Curl-er (1-Shot Bulletproof), was knocked out on Day 8.

Vote Count

Yehom (4): Rhizoctonia, Ali bin Turban, Darkfox, SeaBeeGipson

The Town Wins!

Sorry about the delay in closing out the game. Things are pretty crazy busy for me right now. Here are some of my thoughts about the game:

1. I admit that I didn't think that the town had any chance after the first four game days. They lost Canik (Doctor) on night 2 and then the Rafay/Lord MK saga began which in my opinion only created unnecessary confusion that the town had to then sift through. After 4 days no one had even suspected a member of the mafia team.
  2. I enjoyed watching some of the early questions/thoughts about the game setup with regards to Pokémon lore. I was intentionally dropping hints with various updates as to which generation/region the game was taking place. Each time I posted the picture of a Pokémon, I used the first stage of one of the actual characters in the game. This was meant to hint at the Pokémon region as well as give very indirect hints about the characters in the game. In addition, each of the descriptions I included for each Pokémon picture were composed of two parts: 1) A base description of the Pokémon from Bulbapedia, and 2) The EXACT Pokedex entry description of that Pokémon from the original Pokémon Red/Blue Gameboy games.
  3. I tried to include some Pokémon verbiage in the results I returned to various power roles (i.e. Not Very Effective / No Result) as well. As the game went on I was constantly thinking about other things I could have done using things straight out of the Pokémon world.
  4. As most of you figured out, each player had a role that was closely related to an "attack" for their various flavor Pokémon.
  5. I tried to use a mix of sort of accurate narrative posting with some that wasn't accurate for what was occurring in the game. I probably used it more than I should have in places. After everyone started posting their flavor names the narrative started to give away a little bit more than it otherwise would have if people didn't give up their flavor for no reason.
  6. The town had a lot of protective roles (Jailkeeper, Doctor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Bodyguard, Commuter, Roleblocker). I tried to balance this out a little bit by giving the mafia a 2-Shot Strongman and a Super Saint as well as giving the town a Nymphomaniac and a Macho Cop.
  7. The town's protective roles did a pretty good job at night by managing to stop four night kills.

I might try this theme again at some point and incorporate additional things that came to me after the fact.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter