Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sample Rating Page

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate Your Mod 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the best (6 member(s) have cast votes)

KevinH

1. 1 star (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 star (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3 star (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 star (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

5. 5 star (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

The Warrior

1. 1 star (0 votes [0.00%])

2. 2 star (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. 3 star (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 star (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. 5 star (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

Discuss how a Mafia rating page should work.

This is just a sample with a couple mods as examples.  The intent would be to do it with all players after every game.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

it would need criteria.  are we rating on their skill?  their gameplay style?   if there isnt a specific definition for what we are rating, its going to be very subjective.  for example, if someone makes a stupid mistake, they might get a rating of a 1, which in turn could prohibit them from playing in games (or at least restrict it since if they cant play in games, how do they get their rating up to play again?)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lachiton

Lachiton

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,306 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:604839
  • Souls Baptized:224,049
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Lachiton
I concur with brewers. We need to set the criteria before we roll this out. IMO mistakes shouldn't be punished, this will stop new players from participating. 1 or 2 should be reserved only for those who don't participate in any discussions or just fluff post entirety of the game. Any genuine effort to participate in discussions should get at least a 3 star, with 4 and 5 only reserved for those who initiate or shape discussions and lead the town in scum hunting. But I am still unsure how to rate scum players.

Also the rating system should not dissolve into a popularity contest.

Posted Image

Nukes Eaten : 47

Nukes Thwarted : 35

Nukes Delivered : 27

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

We can build a quantitative rating based on game events.

• +5 for being in on the lynch of a scum
  • -10 for for recklessly using a vig kill
  • +20 for getting lucky with the vig kill and hitting scum.
  • +1 for voting no-lynch on day 1 :)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

I cant tell if that was a serious suggestion or a lulz one lol 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Totally serious.  If you don't play my way, you shouldn't be playing.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

SeaBeeGipson

SeaBeeGipson

Retired

• Dishonoured - TRAITOR
  • 2,610 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552359
  • Souls Baptized:Seven
Vote no lynch

Formerly King Hitler of Deutsche.
IRON Diplomacy: Being Nice to Alliances we're about to roll since 2007.
With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility and headaches.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Click to Add Me on FaceBook
Message Me to Apply for Diplomat Corps!
Ultimate Guide to CyberNations
Model Nations
Join Discord Here: Click ME!!

Get your Discord Member Mask Here!
Hit me up on RuneScape like it is 2008
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:592482
  • Souls Baptized:Plenty
  • Squadron:Delta
I’m so glad to see that most of my concerns are being addressed. Would voting be anonymous? How do we prevent popularity contests. How will newbies ever get to play? Is rating based on skill level or participation? If you play one game badly, but are generally a good player what happens to your score? Does personality count? Some people are more aggressive/abrasive than others. Does a bad player’s evaluation of other players have the same weight as a good player’s evaluation? Does possessing a nice rack automatically add 5 points to your player rating?

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image
The Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious Award

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

Sister Midnight has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

from our leaders to yours.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Canik

Canik

Baptized

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 764 posts
  • Resources:
Does possessing a nice rack automatically add 5 points to your player rating?

Yes.

Your other questions, not so easy to answer. 

Really I'm not sure this rating system will do much to help. We already have a very good idea of who the more active participants are and who barely participates at all. We discuss it pretty much every game. Also if Rafay was gonna change his style from shaming he would've already. I think the more effective approaches will be raising the required post count a bit more and the community policing itself.

The ratings might cause some drama/conflict too, potentially.

All that being said. *shrugs* Maybe it'll help a bit. At the very least it'll be kind of interesting to see what everyone gets rated. :)

Kitkat16

Kitkat16

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,401 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:593353
  • Souls Baptized:2,495,905
  • Squadron:Alpha

This wouldn't be a problem if certain...... people.... would pull finger and stop being deliberately inactive. Why don't we just have a system where mods choose to block people from playing based on their own perceptions of inactivity?

ROLL POLAR :betsy: :roll: :roll: :awesomeiron2a:

Kitkat16

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

Kevin and I (the two most active mods) have agreed that it is not our intention to exclude anyone from playing in our games. We want to encourage everyone to play, old and new players alike because mafia is a lot of fun. However, the amount of enjoyment that any one person gets out of it is directly attributable to the amount of participation they have in my opinion. This is one reason why I will never understand why some people are happy only posting once every seven days.

Minimum required post counts should be the baseline in my opinion for allowing people to play in our games. It is something tangible and forces people to at least do something other than lurking for entire game days.

I think that a rating system for players would be a nice second step. No matter how we set up this system it is going to be subjective in some form. I don't necessarily agree with the exact examples that Kevin listed above for points (but I think he was joking anyway) but I do think that we could have some general requirements that we expect from everyone in every game and can rate them on after the fact. Things like:

• Overall Post Count
  • Regular/Consistent Activity
  • Contributes to Big Discussions
  • Comments on Major Game Revelations
  • Post Content (i.e. posting more than simple fluff or saying "I agree with ______" and nothing else)
  • Actively Votes
  • Etc

These are things that would avoid the "popularity contest" factor because they can be measurable even though there is still some degree of subjectivity involved. All voting can be done anonymously as well.

My thought would be to assign a number rating system to the above categories, add together the scores from each category, and give each player an overall game score. Maybe we could simply expect that an individual's overall game score would need to meet X% (maybe something like 50% or 67%) of the overall possible score to be considered for further games.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:
Some of the criteria TW mentions may be a problem for decent players who choose certain valid strategies ie. to not vote very often because that is their game strategy, but participate actively aside from that, or to people who are vanilla town or nymphomaniacs, etc. That is a concern.

Posted Image

( @ )( @ ) The official salute from women in the great, nudist nation of Secor. I'm naked and very excited to be here.

Posted Image

"This award was custom made for a special person. Its gleam reflects the endearment of the people that she leads. Awarded to the IRON Maiden, Sister Midnight."

[center]~~A partner in Blade's crimes~~[center]Nukes taken for IRON since restarting on 6/10/2016: I stopped counting after 69.

The people of Antropomorphica join their leaders in welcoming the discovery of this previously unknown colony of Secor in the wilds of South America. They organised an airdrop of money and soldiers to protect this fledgling state as it undergoes construction (I mean... 1k infra at day 1 guys... come on!).

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

First of all it's great you're coming up with the ideas. You clearly care and want to have enjoyable games :).

That being said, I'm not sure what would be the purpose of this certain idea. Let's say we made it, people have voted / or stats have been gathered and now we're sitting with the list:

Player A - 84 points,

Player B - 77,

Player C - 67...

What can be done with such list? How can we use it?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

Some of the criteria TW mentions may be a problem for decent players who choose certain valid strategies ie. to not vote very often because that is their game strategy, but participate actively aside from that, or to people who are vanilla town or nymphomaniacs, etc. That is a concern.

This is why scores would be aggregated based off of numerous categories and not one subjective vote. One score would not affect a particular player's overall game score too negatively/positively because they would be given an overall score. So if your strategy for whatever reason is not to vote very often, that's fine, but you better make sure you are "active" in other ways. If a person has several poor scores in various categories.. well that is why this idea is being discussed -- to address the issues of people not actively participating.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595

An interesting Idea. I don't know if it will work as intended though. Or side affects. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Sister Midnight

Sister Midnight

The IRON Maiden

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 4,988 posts
  • Resources:

An interesting Idea. I don't know if it will work as intended though. Or side affects. 

Everything we do has unintended, often unpredictable side effects, sometimes for the better.

I’ll be honest, I have concerns. I think there’s a real chance it could inspire better playing all around. I think it could also lead to people being excluded, which may not be a bad thing, but may not be a good thing. I trust Kev (the soldier of sexy) and TW (our bold, brilliant leader) and I’m interested in seeing how this may be handled. Would it make sense to have a trial period trial period and revisit it after a few months?

Posted Image

Posted Image

(@)#(@)
_ # _
_ # _
_ # _
8========D ~~

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275
I have two suggestions.

1) give everyone the max rating now
Give all new comers max rating.
Then at the end of each game, we can conduct a rating period for that game.
Then aggregate it and apply it to the rating.
After a few games, the bad players would go down the list (hopefully)
And the good players stay at the top.
Savvy?

2) Implement the rating system from now.
It should not be retroactive.
Regarding new players, they are given immunity from the rating restrictions for the first game.
When their first game ends, they will be rated for that game and that becomes their rating.
Now the community should give leniency to new players when rating them.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter