Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Witcher

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

I am curious on how the casting is going to pan out. Quite a few people were screaming "black washing", while I dont care what color skin the actor has as long as they can do the role it would suck if someone was picked solely because the color of their skin. I haven't enjoyed a lot of the newer Netflix originals and I hope this one is more along the lines of castlevania and less like newer seasons of the marvel series. 

I miss the days when screenwriters were free to write an amazing story, and directors were free to cast the best actors for the roles.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Hung Wang

Hung Wang

Baptized

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 751 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:583597
  • Souls Baptized:

Looks smexy. I haven't played the games, but I've heard tons about it and its lore, so I'm highly anticipating it.

"-17.60 - Your population absolutely hates you."

Posted Image

Life is the difference between jumping out of a third story window and jumping off a penthouse suite.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

We have a date.  Dec 20.  Henry Cavill looks pretty legit as Geralt in the final trailer.  

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Oh yeah. This does look scary good... thanks for telling me.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

Oh yeah. This does look scary good... thanks for telling me.

all of my fears from that very first pic of him are gone.  also, im doing a witcher mafia game.  you should play :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

He's telling Roach to not judge him... that's awesome! All those times in the game when he's horribly outnumbered all come to life in this. I am totally all in from what I have seen, and I foresee a huge spike in game sales. A badly needed show in our time. Can't wait.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

He's telling Roach to not judge him... that's awesome! All those times in the game when he's horribly outnumbered all come to life in this. I am totally all in from what I have seen, and I foresee a huge spike in game sales. A badly needed show in our time. Can't wait.

i hope sometime during the show they do the scene where he is high AF and Roach talks to him lol

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

i hope sometime during the show they do the scene where he is high AF and Roach talks to him lol

That's a fun quest... hysterical.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

the reviews so far sound amazing.  everyone is saying it makes the fights/battles in game of thrones seem like childs play.  granted that might just mean they do them during the day so u can actually see the battles :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

It's out guys!!! gonna be binge watching it tomorrow

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Now I know the story behind "The Butcher of Blaviken". It's well done, but strong on fantasy... it takes some getting used to. The sword play is amazing. I'm trying to get to know the characters right now... the Bard must be Dandelion, but he goes by the name Jaskier. I am mid 3rd episode right now. Foltest is a real piece of work, and Triss is not as beautiful as you would expect. I like it so far. :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
Jaskier is actually the original Polish for Dandilion but they changed it for English because the translation was buttercup and they didn't want to call him buttercup

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I always thought Dandelion was a bad name, but Buttercup is much worse. I'll take Jaskier over both, and he's not a bad singer.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Finished through episode 6. One thing I am having trouble with is, without warning, they mix up the timeline, and everything appears to have happened over decades. Makes it extremely hard to keep track of the story flow when you're trying so hard to piece everything together in your head... this is something that did not happen in Game of Thrones. Maybe they are trying to cover too much ground inside of 8 hours? Too bad for this. They should allow us time to develop a natural like, or dislike, for these characters. Feels like they are forcing them on us.

There must be an account, and an explanation, for what happened to Mousesack… to my knowledge, he's a more important character.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Samus

Samus

The Convict

• Samus Mask
  • 14,677 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:254470
  • My Aid Data:254470
  • Souls Baptized:2,311,441

Just finished the series.

Yeah I agree Lys, I got a bit confused with the sudden timings of the story, one minute they're telling the past, then they're showing the present.. But at times it was hard to tell, like there wasn't any type of transitions to indicate we're not currently in the present/past.

I'm a witcher fan from the game series, would've liked to see more references from there.. Only saw Geralt use his Aard sign? He's meant to have like 6 different signs. Witcher's are meant to be good trackers, the scene where he was about to meet with Ciri, was expecting him to track her footsteps or something. I liked seeing the toxicity references though - like after he's taken some potions and his skin goes pale white & veiny and his eyes go pitch black.

Overall i'm quite satisfied with the whole series, I want more! Should've ended it with more of a cliffhanger though

There must be an account, and an explanation, for what happened to Mousesack… to my knowledge, he's a more important character.

Didn't they kill him in Cintra just before the Doppler took his form?

254470-ng.png

samus1.png
Root Admin
Ex-Kilo CO, Ex-Bounty Director, Ex-Mentor, Ex-Admissions Admin Ex-Deputy Headmaster of Academy, Ex-Recruitment Staff, Ex-SWAG Personell, Ex-Academy Staff, Ex-Trade Post Director, Ex-Deputy Trade Post Director, Ex- Foxtrot Master Sergeant, Ex-Award Panel Deputy Director, Ex-Award Panel Staff, Ex-Trade Post Staff, Ex- Delta Executive Officer, Ex-Express Delivery

00:48 Fernando[IRON] � I will refer to you as Supreme Overlord Guru Samus

Only I have the baptismal power.

Samus because of your dedicated service to IRON; your high casualty count and aid given your fellow IRONers. I hear by baptize ye in Fire and blood. You rise as IRON!

You may now wear proudly in your Sig "I have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON."

18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • I'm only afraid of Master Samus.
18:28 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • All powerful root admin
18:29 @onbekende • wussie
18:29 %FinsterBaby[IRON] • he can make you disappear. I've seen it

MVP(Mod’s Choice)= Master Samus; I think Master Samus played amazingly for a guy who claims it was his second only mafia game. He never led the town on him and that’s why he deserves this award. He was impressive in manipulating the town that led to the ultimate mafia victory.

Player of Mafia; Master Samus/emudevelopment (shared); I think both were instrumental in the town’s defeat. Both were manipulative and deceptive. They clearly came out as pro-town and looked like de-facto town leaders. They led the lynch wagon w/o anyone uncovering their true motives.

Samus, you should be proud that you've helped make an environment where people feel safe enough to share their experiences.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Didn't they kill him in Cintra just before the Doppler took his form?

The doppler took his form and stabbed in the heart! I was trying not to go spoilers, but this is way out of the game story. I still haven't watched the rest, and I probably won't until I get back from the holidays... unless I can watch it at my daughters house.  Aard was used a lot, but he sealed the tomb with one, and threated to use Igni I think.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

Have watched upto Ep 3 so far. Loving it.

Actually really liking the mixing up of the timeline. The Geralt timeline so far has been from the short stories while the cirilia timeline is from the main novel. Its easier for those who have read the books, but its pretty awesome how they have kept so close to main content of the books (so far) and not deviated too much.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

the reviews so far sound amazing.  everyone is saying it makes the fights/battles in game of thrones seem like childs play.  granted that might just mean they do them during the day so u can actually see the battles :P

Agreed with this. The fight scenes have been amazing (specially the blaviken sword fight in Ep. 1). 

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users