Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
792 replies to this topic

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Blade if you want shadenfreud, it seems the US will get 100M schots of the Pfizer vaccine and then it has to wait to mid-2021 for a next batch cause the White House neglected to order further shots.

Then again we have 3 "western" vaccines in the running currently at the point of approval, the UK just jumped the shark and went for immedeat approval (which isn't weird as the approval dossiers were already present and updated thruwout phase II and III testing).

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600902
  • Souls Baptized:1,518,583
  • Squadron:Kilo

It's been a while.  Hope you are all doing well.

We are back in lock down, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-covid-coronavirus-december-11-1.5837323

Not unexpected.

Been a trying few months.  We went to minimum manning, which meant one person in the office for a full week.  Very difficult to meet the needs of a course, plus the thousand other little things we have to do throughout the day.  It was exhausting.  Fell asleep on the couch more times than once.

All I can say is thankfully we'll be getting the vaccine soon.  Despite Trudeau's best efforts: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/conservative-vaccine-deal-1.5823628

Yeah, lets team up with the country that unleashed this plague. Then act all surprised when they take 44 million dollars, and refuse to share vaccine samples.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

Grand County Colorado just noticed that 40% of their reported Covid-19 related deaths... also had gunshot wounds.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:040973
  • Souls Baptized:7,122,755
  • Discord ID:Blade

Grand County Colorado just noticed that 40% of their reported Covid-19 related deaths... also had gunshot wounds.

You guys growing zombies now?

More concerning that that many people have gunshot wounds O.o

40973-detailed.png

Blade 619 you have been baptized in Fire and Blood and emerged as IRON!

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

I don't know anything about that, but the scoreboard is wildly inflated. No one dies of anything but Covid-19 anymore. This is really a medical breakthrough... according to the numbers coming out from the "scientists"... if everyone gets the vaccine, no one will ever die of anything ever again. All death comes from Corona now... or once again they are lying to keep the money coming in.

It's such a great business, my guess is Covid-20 is all ready to go.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:

I don't know anything about that, but the scoreboard is wildly inflated. No one dies of anything but Covid-19 anymore. This is really a medical breakthrough... according to the numbers coming out from the "scientists"... if everyone gets the vaccine, no one will ever die of anything ever again. All death comes from Corona now... or once again they are lying to keep the money coming in.

It's such a great business, my guess is Covid-20 is all ready to go.

Haha, if only!
saw100820CovidDeaths33_d.png

source: 

The most disturbing line is that black one...

40973-detailed.png

I will remember this, Blade, and I will be forever grateful... oh hell words fail me!  ( @ )( @ )

Revenge is best served cold, tasting of vanilla yoghurt with vanilla and chocolate balls.

Leave it to Blade to step in and say the most completely true post in this thread. You make my day Sir.  

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

*looks up Grand County, Colorado*

So they themselfes report 1 death, 1 co-morbidity, state seems to have put it at 1+2 AND had put a murder+suicide with a positive test on the chart aswell, making it a grand total of 5. Hence your 40% thus: 2 out of 5. Seems someone misplaced them deaths indeed, shocker that people make mistakes.

Now, that this would suddenly indicate that the US is overcounting its COVID deaths is ludricous. Heck you fools are still undercounting the whole thing by shunting deaths into pneumonia and other lung (or heart) related illnesses. Latest numbers I found: officially 168k death vs 273k excess deaths by Aug 22!

Instead of a 40% overcount, you fools are 40% undercounting it seems... Which would put your current reported 311k deaths at above 400k!

btw I know we are doing much worse, Belgium is at ~160 deaths / 100.000 pop, USA is "officially" at ~95 deaths / 100.000 pop (adjusted to ~130 deaths / 100.000 pop for the excess death estimate).

Blade, any insight in why hearth and kidney diseases fluctuates around winter? Or is this just the corrolation between cold weather and old age?

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

The point is... most people who are dying in the USA are dying with Covid... not of Covid. Most deaths are recorded as "Covid Related", which is much like saying there is no evidence of "widespread" voter fraud. It's just a safe way to lie. If someone falls off a ladder and breaks their neck, and they test positive for Covid-19 anti-bodies, which means they have had the virus already, they declare it as a Covid-19 related death. It's just morbidly false, and the extreme definition of misinformation.

Anyone who is pushing the mask-up lockdown mentality is either galactically stupid, or making money off the misery.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:

Blade, any insight in why hearth and kidney diseases fluctuates around winter? Or is this just the corrolation between cold weather and old age?

People with lots of co-morbidities are more likely to be pushed over the edge by other illnesses, they're also generally sicker and less able to cope with colder weather.

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

The point is... most people who are dying in the USA are dying with Covid... not of Covid. Most deaths are recorded as "Covid Related", which is much like saying there is no evidence of "widespread" voter fraud. It's just a safe way to lie. If someone falls off a ladder and breaks their neck, and they test positive for Covid-19 anti-bodies, which means they have had the virus already, they declare it as a Covid-19 related death. It's just morbidly false, and the extreme definition of misinformation.

Anyone who is pushing the mask-up lockdown mentality is either galactically stupid, or making money off the misery.

But that is how health statistics work, if you want to push your "narrow" definition, I'd guess we would need to more then half all cancer deaths cause they usually die from an infection. Heck I'd think with that kind of mentality nobody would die from AIDS anymore! Huzzah!

I doubt your "fall off ladder, break neck, be COVID-positive" is anything but anecdotal, you would need to fire your coroner/doctor if they put it down as COVID-related (unless offcourse the sorry sod got on the ladder just from his ICU-bed while ventilated :D)

Speaking of making money, hows all that PP money scheme being funneled into mega-corps going? Same old capitalism me thinks...

Basically look at excess mortality, a brilliant statistical way to determine true effects of this pandemic. Offcourse some lokalized mortality jump can happen but I doubt you folks had a black plague or 2 we just never heared off... heck for Belgium only at best 1k of or excess mortality isn't linked to COVID but due to the summer heatwave of over 100F (yeah that is heatwave for us >_>)

People with lots of co-morbidities are more likely to be pushed over the edge by other illnesses, they're also generally sicker and less able to cope with colder weather.

Figured as much, just wasn't expecting such a clear difference (the other graphs are less pronounced in that aspect).

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

if you want to push your "narrow" definition, I'd guess we would need to more then half all cancer deaths cause they usually die from an infection.

That's a good point because the cause of every death is lack of oxygen to the brain.

I doubt your "fall off ladder, break neck, be COVID-positive" is anything but anecdotal, you would need to fire your coroner/doctor if they put it down as COVID-related

It's been happening here for a very long time. There is too much money to be made in testing, positive results, and hospitalizing anyone with a positive test. Anyone that speaks against what is going on is silenced, cancelled, and destroyed.

Speaking of making money, hows all that PP money scheme being funneled into mega-corps going?

I have no idea. I'm self employed in an "essential" business, so I have no need for Federal Aid. My wife has been affected to a limited degree because she is in the restaurant business, but her seniority has benefits within her corporation, so she was retained where others have been axed. Things have to change quickly, because there are millions that are not so fortunate.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

I doubt your "fall off ladder, break neck, be COVID-positive" is anything but anecdotal, you would need to fire your coroner/doctor if they put it down as COVID-related

It's been happening here for a very long time. There is too much money to be made in testing, positive results, and hospitalizing anyone with a positive test. Anyone that speaks against what is going on is silenced, cancelled, and destroyed.

Capitalism with no checks does that. Consider less libertarian means of life :D

Speaking of making money, hows all that PP money scheme being funneled into mega-corps going?

I have no idea. I'm self employed in an "essential" business, so I have no need for Federal Aid. My wife has been affected to a limited degree because she is in the restaurant business, but her seniority has benefits within her corporation, so she was retained where others have been axed. Things have to change quickly, because there are millions that are not so fortunate.

Thing is that the pandemic itself isn't just going away, so you can't just ignore it. The relief thus has to come from another side, any options you would like?

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Capitalism with no checks does that. Consider less libertarian means of life

We have plenty of checks, there is just way too much politics involved and not enough common sense to go around.

Not enough Libertarian for certain.

Thing is that the pandemic itself isn't just going away, so you can't just ignore it. The relief thus has to come from another side, any options you would like?

It is going away.

I know a lot of people that have had this virus, and the number of people I know that have had this virus that actually went in to get tested for it, I can count on one hand. A lot of people have had it and refuse to tell anyone about it. Many more people have had Covid than anyone knows about. My guess is at least 10 fold more. So, there is no stopping this virus. Everyone is getting it no matter what.

Vaccinate the elderly right now. Vaccinate teachers, complainers, and anyone else that has a desire to make life difficult for others, right now. If you're sick, stay home. If you're afraid of getting sick, stay home. Leave everyone else to their own decisions and get back to living. This is not as dangerous as some people want it to be.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Captain Crozier

Captain Crozier

IRON Rose

• Vault: Leadership
  • 13,748 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:374610
  • Souls Baptized:7,459,493

Meanwhile in the latest complication, the Brits have announced a new variant, the result of which will be to cancel Christmas at the very least in the heart of the financial districts of Merry Ol'.  IE not the whole of the country per se.  Anyway, some professional over there is already decrying that the vaccine will not deter this new variant and we are all one variation or so away from not being able to make a vaccine to deter the next bastardization or so!  ... and the beat goes on.

Happy New Year   :huh:

374610-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

The only upside to this story is that the new variant doesn't seem to cause more severe symptoms.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Captain Crozier

Captain Crozier

IRON Rose

• Vault: Leadership
  • 13,748 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:374610
  • Souls Baptized:7,459,493

Correct, the story implied the new variant was more contagious but not more severe.  Bleh!

374610-iron.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Capitalism with no checks does that. Consider less libertarian means of life

We have plenty of checks, there is just way too much politics involved and not enough common sense to go around.
Not enough Libertarian for certain.

Libertarian =/= plenty of checks.

It is going away.

I know a lot of people that have had this virus, and the number of people I know that have had this virus that actually went in to get tested for it, I can count on one hand. A lot of people have had it and refuse to tell anyone about it. Many more people have had Covid than anyone knows about. My guess is at least 10 fold more. So, there is no stopping this virus. Everyone is getting it no matter what.

Vaccinate the elderly right now. Vaccinate teachers, complainers, and anyone else that has a desire to make life difficult for others, right now. If you're sick, stay home. If you're afraid of getting sick, stay home. Leave everyone else to their own decisions and get back to living. This is not as dangerous as some people want it to be.

Most nations are at 10~20% infection rate, still farflung from "we all had it". Then we also don't know how good the bodies immunoresponce is to people having it lightly to non-symptomatic. These people might be carriers without an actual vaccine shot.

It isn't as dangerous as YOUR SIDE wants to make it out that the science side is saying, but it still is a deadly thing combined with severe and possible lasting disease effects for people who do get hospitalized. Remember the USA currently has 114k people in hospital and climbing rapidly still! To put that in perspective towards Belgium for example, USA's hospitalisation is nearly double of ours (and we are coming down from wave #2).

Meanwhile in the latest complication, the Brits have announced a new variant, the result of which will be to cancel Christmas at the very least in the heart of the financial districts of Merry Ol'.  IE not the whole of the country per se.  Anyway, some professional over there is already decrying that the vaccine will not deter this new variant and we are all one variation or so away from not being able to make a vaccine to deter the next bastardization or so!  ... and the beat goes on.

Happy New Year   :huh:

The one decreeing the vaccines as obsolete needs a headcheck, even if such a thing is true (which from first indications it does not), it takes time to actually verify that.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Here's something to think about... as many here already know, my wife and I are caregivers to a 93 year old Air Force Vet. Well she took him to his doctor today to get his vaccine... and they said he's too healthy, that they don't recommend him to get the vaccine.

Massive mixed messaging going on. All I hear from the media, and the experts, is that everyone should get it.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Blade 619

Blade 619

Master of Nukes

• IRON President
  • 7,579 posts
  • Resources:

Here's something to think about... as many here already know, my wife and I are caregivers to a 93 year old Air Force Vet. Well she took him to his doctor today to get his vaccine... and they said he's too healthy, that they don't recommend him to get the vaccine.

Massive mixed messaging going on. All I hear from the media, and the experts, is that everyone should get it.

Sounds like they're spouting total bull mate. At 93 even if otherwise fit and well his odds of getting screwed by this are pretty high. 

40973-detailed.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Sounds like they're spouting total bull mate. At 93 even if otherwise fit and well his odds of getting screwed by this are pretty high.

My thoughts exactly. Sounds more like they don't want to waste it on the old guy. After 9 months of this, my patience is wearing thin.

Thanks for your thoughts Sir.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users