Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[VL-01] Halo: The Battle Of Reach Mafia: Mafia-SK TIE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
959 replies to this topic

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

Vote: Torres951

The townie thing to do was to try to lynch somebody.  But he didn't.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621288
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Torres951

If I'm not mistaken, both of the candidates on the chopping block 'yesterday' flipped town. It's not my fault I didn't get scum vibes from them.

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Hindsight is 20/20.

Are you advocating that everyone should have not voted?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward

If I'm not mistaken, both of the candidates on the chopping block 'yesterday' flipped town. It's not my fault I didn't get scum vibes from them.

Uhh, you sure that's the defense you wanna go with? Cause I'm pretty sure I remember you doing this:

You know me and bandwagons...

Vote: Canik

Granted, it's not like you said you actually thought he was scum, but you seemed more than happy to help lynch him anyway. This was pretty early in the day, and then you basically disappeared for the rest of the day with your vote still on Canik. Just a few hours before deadline, your "bandwagon vote" was set to seal Canik's lynch.

Official :) Vote Count v3.?

Tony Maurice (5): captainjf, lilweirdward, brewersalliance, Canik, Lyner
lilwardweird [i promise I’ll fix it next vote count maybe] (0):
brewersalliance (1): Wolfpacks
Lyner (0):
Canik (6): KevinH, Ferastical, ABT, Robert, Torres, Tony
ABT (0):
KevinH (0):
The Warrior (0):
captainjf (0):
Torres951 (0):
Ferastical (0):
Robert2424 (0):
Wolfpacks (0):

Not Voting (1): The Warrior

Deadline is 10-9 at 6pm CN time.
With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch or 4 at deadline

And so finally, right before deadline, you jumped off the wagon.

Unvote

Now, did you technically not vote for a townie by the end of the day? Yes, but you went pretty much the whole day ready to lynch Canik without contributing at all, and it seems like you only backed out once you realized your vote might essentially be the hammer vote. So I'm not sure if "it's not my fault I didn't vote for them" really holds up.

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

+1 Townie Point to Lilweirdward.

That's good analysis, whether Torres ultimately flips scum or not.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

Uhh, you sure that's the defense you wanna go with? Cause I'm pretty sure I remember you doing this:

Granted, it's not like you said you actually thought he was scum, but you seemed more than happy to help lynch him anyway. This was pretty early in the day, and then you basically disappeared for the rest of the day with your vote still on Canik. Just a few hours before deadline, your "bandwagon vote" was set to seal Canik's lynch.

Lyner (0):
ABT (0):
KevinH (0):
The Warrior (0):
captainjf (0):
Torres951 (0):
Ferastical (0):
Robert2424 (0):
Wolfpacks (0):

Unvote

Now, did you technically not vote for a townie by the end of the day? Yes, but you went pretty much the whole day ready to lynch Canik without contributing at all, and it seems like you only backed out once you realized your vote might essentially be the hammer vote. So I'm not sure if "it's not my fault I didn't vote for them" really holds up.

I think LWW has a solid point here. It almost feels like you were trying to go along with everyone by saying "yeah I think canik is scum and should be lynched too" and then u unvoted so you can say "I didn't lynch a townie"

Could very well be either bad play as a town or a noob move as a first time scum

I'm gonna keep my vote on WP for now, just waiting for him to actually explain what he was doing with his votes.

While we did get lucky with the double tap on day two getting two scum right off the bat, it's kinda been a cluster fuck since. We have had one person flipping out and voting themselves and taking up an entire day, another townie lul voting and dying because of it. Just because we got off to a great start doesn't give us a free pass. There are still one or two (probably two based on the number of players) of scum out there.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

Lyner (0):
ABT (0):
KevinH (0):
The Warrior (0):
captainjf (0):
Torres951 (0):
Ferastical (0):
Robert2424 (0):
Wolfpacks (0):

Unvote

Excellent point.

@Torres - I'm not really sure how voting for someone for a large portion of a day that isn't day 1 and "I didn't get any scum vibes from them" are compatible. If you truly didn't get any scum vibes from Canik at all then why vote for him most of the day?

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621288
  • Discord ID:Torres951

I didn't realize that I was still voting for him until we got that vote count. 

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

While interrogating Torres, keep in mind, he voted on MK when it was still unknown who's the scum (before MK even posted anything). If Torres was a scum himself, he'd either jumped on my wagon or waited how the situation unfolds, rather than pushing for MK's lynch right of the bat.

He didn't comment much then and didn't comment either when jumping on Rafays wagon. I won't say that's good (because this way ones motives are vague), but regardless, he might not be a scum we're looking for. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks
I thought I had explained my reasoning, I didnt feel any real scumminess from either one so I didnt want to add my vote, and went for the lol vote, I didnt lynch either one which I was made right

ABT its fine I know who you are and your town

KevinH your the same

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Regarding the choice of Canik for the night kill ...

• It was a good choice for a town vigilante because if he flipped scum we would make a case that a vote for Tony was a vote to save Canik.
  • It was a good choice for any scum on the Tony wagon to prove they weren't saving Canik by voting for Tony.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
Idk if mafia Targeting Canik would be a good play though.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

captainjf

captainjf

Tempered IRON

• Military - Foxtrot Officers
  • 1,282 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600658
  • Souls Baptized:139,694
  • Discord ID:captainjf

The way it sounded, Lyner was killed by the mafia and Canik was killed by town. Gunfire in my mind signifies human weapons rather than alien.

Posted Image

"Thought I'd Try Shooting My Way Out—Mix Things Up A Little."

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

I didn't realize that I was still voting for him until we got that vote count.

For now I can buy that you were just townie trolling and backed out later. It's not a good look though, especially pretending like you were innocent when you were only an hour away from lynching Canik, and it does make you more suspicious to me. I agree with AbT though, the fact that you voted early for MK and Rafay makes it not a slam dunk that you'd be scum.

Ferastical

Ferastical

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,213 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:603712
  • Souls Baptized:😵
  • Discord ID:Ferastically
If there is a town sided vig that took this shot then they definitely shouldn't come forward if they still have any shots left, since they'd either get RBed or killed before they could have a chance to be useful again. Even if they used their only shot (which would be not the greatest judgement), it's still always risky to claim vig since it's an easy safe claim as scum, so it's hard for us as town to tell if we can treat the person as townie or not.

Damn, I was too frustated to realize it  :rolleyes: 

Stuff I've noticed BTW:

1) The way Wolfpacks has been acting has been the strangest thing. D1, he agreed to vote MK, but suddenly did a 180 and changed his vote to brewers. (Obviously there was stuff said for explanations, but words can be manipulative, so let's just look at the actions here.) And he holds onto that vote until MK ends up mod-killed, to which he reacts -

Kick ass

Uhh, okay. Next day, he revotes for brewers once more, but once Rafay's wagon emerges, decides to hop on to that. Rafay then shows up, posting once, and WP redirected his vote onto Torres, who's, apparently, next on the list of inactivity.

D3 he throws some subtle sus on Kevin, disappears for most of the discussion about Canik, until at the end saying he believes he's town, once that point had been made pretty clear already. During discussion about Tony, he slips in that he might just vote for him, but doesn't go forward with it. Then, once again, he votes for brewers. This was considered by him as a "lol vote"... but for the 3rd day in a row?

So yeah, we can see a type of pattern emerging here (voting brewers ;)). WP is doing a lot of things that seem townie and a lot that don't, pretty much confusing the heck out of me. A typical explanation would be that "oi, scum wouldn't play that dangerous, right? so he cannae be the bad guy." I now have decided I will never take that sentence as proof of anything for the rest of my days to come. Time to expect the unexpected.

Vote -> Wolfpacks

2) 

Lyner, Spartan-B312, the Lone Wolf (Town Two-Shot Action Immune) has been stabbed through the back by an energy sword N3. [explanation for that role after the game]

So, was the "Lone Wolf" role the one we hadn't heard of before? Then what the heck is brewers' role? Might've possibly missed a post containing a description, sorry.

3) Is Kevin usually this anxious to vote on other people? Also, D3, when Canik first mentioned being sus on Kevin (which caused the whole argument after BTW), Kevin was the first to vote on him. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Kevin doesn't really seem that type of guy who lashes out in self-defense every time someone calls out his name... something fishy is going on.

Also goddamn my signature broke again... it like does that every month and then. Meh, I'll fix it later.

A new signature is currently under construction.

The previous signature caused multiple visual errors to users with different screen resolutions.

We humbly apologize.

Fermandia Inc.

© 2021

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

So, was the "Lone Wolf" role the one we hadn't heard of before? Then what the heck is brewers' role? Might've possibly missed a post containing a description, sorry.

so i also assumed it was my role, and when lyner died  I actually asked velocity this and got some clarification.  my ability was actually based on a real variation of a cop, a parity cop. 

Parity Cop is a player who can investigate other players at night to determine which faction they belong to: different alignments give different results. However, the assignment of results to factions is effectively arbitrary, and the Parity Cop will thus not initially know which results will correspond to which alignments. As such, the role effectively just allows the Parity Cop to determine whether or not two players who they have investigated (at some point in the game) have the same alignment as each other.

so im guessing lyner was the role velocity made up.

also sorry about my activity the last few days.  I was in the middle of a move but thats done now so i should be back to normal hyper activity lol

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

3) Is Kevin usually this anxious to vote on other people? Also, D3, when Canik first mentioned being sus on Kevin (which caused the whole argument after BTW), Kevin was the first to vote on him. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Kevin doesn't really seem that type of guy who lashes out in self-defense every time someone calls out his name... something fishy is going on.

Vote early and vote often.

Canik was implying that he knew I was scum.  That's not true so he deserved a vote.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Wolfpacks

Wolfpacks

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,508 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492737
  • Souls Baptized:Retired
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Wolfpacks

If there is a town sided vig that took this shot then they definitely shouldn't come forward if they still have any shots left, since they'd either get RBed or killed before they could have a chance to be useful again. Even if they used their only shot (which would be not the greatest judgement), it's still always risky to claim vig since it's an easy safe claim as scum, so it's hard for us as town to tell if we can treat the person as townie or not.

Damn, I was too frustated to realize it :rolleyes:

Stuff I've noticed BTW:

1) The way Wolfpacks has been acting has been the strangest thing. D1, he agreed to vote MK, but suddenly did a 180 and changed his vote to brewers. (Obviously there was stuff said for explanations, but words can be manipulative, so let's just look at the actions here.) And he holds onto that vote until MK ends up mod-killed, to which he reacts -

Kick ass

Uhh, okay. Next day, he revotes for brewers once more, but once Rafay's wagon emerges, decides to hop on to that. Rafay then shows up, posting once, and WP redirected his vote onto Torres, who's, apparently, next on the list of inactivity.

D3 he throws some subtle sus on Kevin, disappears for most of the discussion about Canik, until at the end saying he believes he's town, once that point had been made pretty clear already. During discussion about Tony, he slips in that he might just vote for him, but doesn't go forward with it. Then, once again, he votes for brewers. This was considered by him as a "lol vote"... but for the 3rd day in a row?

So yeah, we can see a type of pattern emerging here (voting brewers ;)). WP is doing a lot of things that seem townie and a lot that don't, pretty much confusing the heck out of me. A typical explanation would be that "oi, scum wouldn't play that dangerous, right? so he cannae be the bad guy." I now have decided I will never take that sentence as proof of anything for the rest of my days to come. Time to expect the unexpected.

Vote -> Wolfpacks

2)

Lyner, Spartan-B312, the Lone Wolf (Town Two-Shot Action Immune) has been stabbed through the back by an energy sword N3. [explanation for that role after the game]

Also goddamn my signature broke again... it like does that every month and then. Meh, I'll fix it later.
Im pretty sure some people don't read my posts or just choose not to, I even gave him a clue.

FOS Ferastical

I dont think anyone is that stupid not to read stuff

For continued dedication and tenacity, as a warrior and as military officer. Wolfpacks has been fighting both in this war and the last with complete abandon, he has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.Without members like you IRON would be less of an alliance. Well done.
Wolfpacks has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

NAAC Will Never Be Forgotten
Ero Sum Ideo Vici

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180
WP, FoSing people that vote on you won't do you any good. It is a quick way to get lynched, though.

Contributing more to the discussion ( what do you think of current situation, who do you suspect?) and showing you're reasonable townie would serve you much better. If not for LWWs statement I'd be voting on you right now, but if you wont give us anything I'm going to do it eventually.

My other suspect is Robert. When he was town he used to participate a lot more. Now he's just feeding us with 1-liners.

I'm also on fence with KevinH. I'm not a fan of his voting patterns. True, he voted on Rafay. But MK also voted on Rafay on D1 ( so rafay might have been intended to be bussed from the beginning). Other option is that noone could have expected that Rafays wagon will get such traction in such a short time.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
Actually FOS Ferastical too. WP basically implied that he's some sort of cop by saying he knows Kevin and AbT are town. Also voting for someone and then drumming up suspicion on someone else feels kinda scummy. Why have a whole 3rd point implying that Kevin is scum if you already know you're gonna vote for someone else anyway?

My other suspect is Robert. When he was town he used to participate a lot more. Now he's just feeding us with 1-liners.

Yeah I have no idea how to read Robert in this game. He keeps implying that we all suck lol, but I can't tell if it's a light distraction play to avoid contributing too much, or if he just genuinely doesn't think anyone in this game is very good :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter