Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[VL-01] Halo: The Battle Of Reach Mafia: Mafia-SK TIE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
959 replies to this topic

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance

@TORRES you should unvote for now.  late game you dont want to vote until all the info is on the table... early voting usually blows up in your face... even if u want to vote tw and arent convinced to change it, you should still unvote until the day is almost over. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

Unless Torres is scum ... then an early vote doesn't hurt.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

yes, however TW asking him to unvote makes me think tw is pretty sure he is town, as he does have the motion detector ability...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621288
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Torres951

Will do chief

Unvote

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

Deciding who to use my ability on last night was a difficult decision which is why I asked for input yesterday. Kevin and Torres have largely been the two real unknowns and although both have claimed to be VT’s, neither have been verified as such. Torres has no verification at all and Kevin’s saving grace up to this point has been that he investigated as town to Wolfpacks on night 2 which has allowed him to make it this far without much of a thought.

No offense to Torres but with his play style I think it’s highly unlikely that he’s scum and would be able to make it this far playing like that.

Kevin on the other hand is a far greater threat as a potential mafia godfather so I chose to use my ability on him last night and was told motion detected. Therefore Kevin is either our scum or someone else has an action that they used on him and has not disclosed it to us.

One thing that we still haven’t figured out yet though is the fact that we were told that someone’s role changed on night 2. There are a couple things that are noteworthy about that and I actually already laid some of them out in my role claim when I was explaining why I chose to motion detect Kevin on night 2 (even though I ended up getting jailed). Day 2 is the day that Brewers revealed that MK and ABT had different alignments.

After Brewers made the case for MK, Kevin decided to vote for ABT with a reasoning of "to balance things out". That alone seems harmless but thinking about it again now it seems that there was more to it than that. If Kevin is mafia he obviously would have known that MK was as well so placing a vote on ABT to see if he could get anyone else to bite is entirely possible. He'd definitely prefer in a 50/50 situation that the townie gets killed before his mafia partner so he could at least take a townie down with him first. Kevin did change his vote to MK eventually but it wasn’t until MK started becoming obviously more desperate and the writing was on the wall more or less. Interestingly enough, Kevin might have pointed out to us exactly what he did here:

Not that I believe it is happening in this game, but it's a good scum ploy to push to lynch one of their own early and then look townie for the rest of the game.

Even though he waited until the outcome was becoming clearer he did this with MK. Then after MK got mod killed during the day, Rafay became the target and Kevin voted for him as well. Obviously it looks good to vote for two mafia, but again I'm wondering if more was going on there. After Rafay was lynched to end the day we were given the following flavor text in the day 2 update thread:

After seeing his brother in arm, Thyto, get gunned down by a nasty human cannon, Rot ‘Mozum was on the warpath. He blamed the Fleetmaster, Thel, for this situation, and was going to get out. In the middle of Human lines, surrounded by them, and getting no support from his brothers, Rot knew he had little chance. Despite this, he charged at the Humans, muttering to himself, “Curse you, Fleetmaster.” His energy shields flared, as he was peppered by ballistics. “The worst fate possible befall you, be it my final wish.” A bullet ripped through his leg, causing him to stumble, then fall. More bullets tore into him, and his last thought was of his homeworld, Sanghelios.

———

Thel ‘Vadamee was furious. His initial invasion force had been mostly held off by the humans, despite his earlier assumptions. His forces were making progress, though it is far slower than anticipated. Compounding onto that, more personally, an elite team he had sent to eliminate a high value Spartan team, had perished. One of them he had known well, an honorable warrior and stoic defender of the Great Journey. That was the last straw for not just him, but also the High Prophets.

Hearing his failures, the failure to eliminate the human’s military jewel and recover the abundance of holy artifacts stored there, the Prophets themselves had him return to High Charity, for a “special ceremony.” Upon his arrival, he was put in chains, and taken to the Council hall.

Thel ‘Vadamee, a proud Fleetmaster... Reduced to a mere suicide errand boy for the Prophets.

He had become... The Arbiter.

To make matters worse for himself, the Prophet of Regret ordered him back to the human planet of Reach, to attack and eliminate the Spartan team his men had failed to do so, by himself.

Upon his arrival back to the planet, he quickly set out on his path of Vengeance against the Spartans that were the reason he was in this unfortunate situation. He has a grudge to settle, and nothing will stop him.

Rafay, Rot 'Mozum, a Special Operations Elite (Mafia JOAT) has been lynched D2.

A player's role has changed.

The flavor text basically spells out what happened with Rot Mozum (Rafay) after his brother in arms, Thyto (Lord MK), was gunned down. It goes on to mention the character Thel 'Vadamee (The Arbiter) and says he was reduced to a "mere suicide errand boy for the prophets" which perhaps alludes to him not having much of a role. The last part of the update was the mod note telling us that a player's role had changed.

I think that it's likely that Kevin is the Arbiter and is the one who's role changed by going through the "special ceremony" as a way to give him more of a chance since he just lost two teammates in the same day so early in the game. I asked Velocity to clarify exactly when the player's role changed. He confirmed that it changed with the end of the day and BEFORE any night actions occurred that night. Wolfpacks then investigated Kevin that evening and found him to be town which would mean that his role likely changed to mafia Godfather so he had some sort of investigation immunity to assist him which we have thought could be a possibility all along.

FOS Kevin

@Kevin - Can you explain why I got motion detected as a result when watching you last night? Additionally, I don't believe that you have name claimed yet and since this is potentially the last day, please do so now if you don't mind.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

plus kevin had the very random and not even remotely called for RC of a VT out of the blue a while back.  that always felt off to me.  so this means either kevin is scum or tw is lying.  

i dont think its probable kevin is town and an action was done to him.  if scum did an action on kevin that would mean he would have most likely died, but ABT bit the dust.  it was not me, as i used my mirror last night.

it is def possible tw made this all up.  the game is lylo right now, and he set up his original rc with basically actions that were already 100% verifiable based on other people's claims.  if we lynch town, it makes it 3 alive.  scum kills at night, its two alive and then they win.  so i could also see TW making all this up.  and ABT did say he would shoot TW if robert is town.  whoever ABT shot was clearly bullet proof and he said he would tell us who he is shooting so we know who to lynch if he dies.  i dont know if abt would switch his target and not have told us.  i want to believe TW, but ABT saying he would shoot TW and then him never saying he was shooting someone else instead bothers me....  im torn.  if abt shot kevin and never told us his intent to change his target to kevin imma be pissed lol   i have no idea which of the two to vote for.  def gonna wait to hear from kevin before casting my vote.  

and torres, do you have any actual thoughts on this?  like what actually makes more sense to you? 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
I asked for input on who to use my motion detection on last night a little while before deadline and after ABT discussed what he might do. ABT was the only one to answer me and he suggested Kevin. Why even answer if he was just going to shoot me anyway? I wouldn't be able to share my result when I died.  

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

right which is why i do think there is a solid chance abt changed who he shot.  hence me being torn, since there is no way to know for sure.  if i didnt think it was possible, id be voting for you already lol

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

@torres any thoughts or?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

ALRIGHT COOL SO NO THOUGHTS TO SHARE I GUESS.  JUST GONNA VIEW THE THREAD A FEW TIMES?  GREAT

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:

BRO! I got school, practice, extracurricular activities, homework, studying, reading, and watching the election! I only pop in to send out the DAN messages, and read the mafia game(s) real quick, then go back to what I was doing. PLUS, we have until the 5th to make a final decision.

Honestly, I thought it was a toss up between Kevin and The Warrior. I wasn't really thinking Kevin because he was cleared by Wolfpacks. I kinda forgot that if he is a godfather, then WP's investigation on him is worthless.

After hearing what TW had to say, I came to realize that his whole story would be very difficult to make up (unless he's just a really good mafia player). I do, however, would like to hear what Kevin has to say before I vote too early for someone....again.

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

@Kevin - Can you explain why I got motion detected as a result when watching you last night? Additionally, I don't believe that you have name claimed yet and since this is potentially the last day, please do so now if you don't mind.

There was no action by me.

I am Arthur Payth, Marine.

Unless somebody wants to confess to doing an action on me, I am going with "The Warrior made this all up".

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
That's literally all you have to say? Just a couple words?

I didn't do an action on you. Torres is a VT so he didn't. So either tw is lying or you're scum

So it's between TW and kevin... Well shit someone is lying...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

A predictable response from Kevin. It's not me that is withholding information though. If you didn't use an action on Kevin then either Kevin is lying or Torres isn't a VT.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
But if Torres was lying about his role he would most likely be scum which means Kevin would not still be alive

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:

I wasn't suggesting that it's Torres. My point was that if you didn't visit him then there are only two other potential causes for motion being detected.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:

With about 18 hours left in the game, I think we need to make a decision. 

@Kevin, I would like more input from you. Hopefully more than 27 words this time. 

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

I'm a Vanilla Townie and thus did not make any motion.

The Warrior's posts have too much analysis to be made by a scum.

(If he is scum, I will say "well-played")

Vote: Torres

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:

With about 18 hours left in the game, I think we need to make a decision.

@Kevin, I would like more input from you. Hopefully more than 27 words this time.

This might be the most ironic post in the history of iron.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
Aparently deadline is at 3pm today so we better get to it...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter