Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KH-32] The One I Cannot Kill Mafia Day 1

Open 3-player

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
  • Squadron:Kilo

While the forum is non-functional, click the "Reply to this Topic" (above to the right) and you will be able to see all posts.

The One I Cannot Kill
Reference https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=The_One_I_Cannot_Kill

Setup

Mechanics

• The game only lasts a single day; town win if Mafia is eliminated (or modkilled), Mafia wins otherwise.
  • The Semi-Priest cannot hammer a randomly chosen townie. Attempting to do so automatically causes them to lose. (This restriction is on hammers only; non-hammer votes are fine, as are hammers on the other townie.)

Players
1.  Zacch
2.  LordSunday
3.  Imran Ehsan

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Role PMs have been sent.

It is now Day (the one and only).

It takes 2 to lynch.

There is no deadline.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180

Checking in. Interesting setup!

So if I read it correctly the scum cannot hammer one of the 2 townies, whose name has been shared with him privately by the Mod. If that is the case he will be biased towards the lynching on only one specific townie because that is the only way he can win.

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:588787
  • Souls Baptized:1,580,425
  • Discord ID:LordSunday

Also checking in. Seeing as there's no deadline really no reason to do anything until Zacch drops in.

The setup is very interesting. Essentially scum either has to put up the first vote and hope to get a townie to seal, or they get lucky and have the opportunity to hammer the townie they weren't assigned. In either way, I think any townie needs to weigh heavily before voting

Swallowed First Nuke 3/25/16

Launched First Nuke 7/30/17

Launched First WRC-Tipped Nuke 7/20/18

:smoke: Was retired, now keeping busy  :smoke:

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

LordSunday, you have been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Vote Count
Zacch (0)
LordSunday (0)
Imran Ehsan (0)

Not voting: Zacch, LordSunday, Imran Ehsan

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

With the setup, the game should only proceed when all 3 players have checked in. So lets wait for Zacch.

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• Military - Delta Officers
  • 609 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:531407
  • Souls Baptized:708,171
  • Squadron:Delta

Checking In.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Vote Count
Zacch (0)
LordSunday (0)
Imran Ehsan (0)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• 609 posts
  • Resources:

Vote Count
Zacch (0)
LordSunday (0)
Imran Ehsan (0)

Vote: KevinH

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Vote Count
KevinH (1): Zacch
Zacch (0)
LordSunday (0)
Imran Ehsan (0)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

Of course! A perfect deduction of our true enemy.

Vote Count
Zacch (0)
LordSunday (0)
Imran Ehsan (0)

The differance between IRON and some rag tag alliance is the fact that we will fight with no reguard to our own nations. Putting the greater good of the whole before ourselves. Victory for all or they will have to fight us to the last point of infa in the last IRON nation. Every so often someone(s) will come around and exemplifie this. Living up to the IRON Values. It gives me great pleaser to baptize three of IRON's up and comers.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• 609 posts
  • Resources:

Looks like we have enough votes to hammer Kevin, 

Mod killed all players win.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• 609 posts
  • Resources:

Day 1 lulz aside, where do we start, seems like we have nothing to go on and need to make an important decision,

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

Day 1 lulz aside, where do we start, seems like we have nothing to go on and need to make an important decision,

Looking at the whole picture, we have all the time in the world to decide.

Obviously we all will claim to be townies, so we all can work on the assumption that one of the others is a fellow town and one is scum. But the interesting part is that scum has to account for the fact there's one person they cannot hammer. I would imagine based on whoever that is they'll have a couple of overarching strategies they could go for. Namely, vote first, or target the one they can hammer.

It's difficult to say what our best collective course of action is here. We have nothing that we will be able to go on except each other's posts. Best thing we can do is keep conversation going and see who blinks

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Zacch

Zacch

Cast IRON

• 609 posts
  • Resources:

Obviously we all will claim to be townies, so we all can work on the assumption that one of the others is a fellow town and one is scum. But the interesting part is that scum has to account for the fact there's one person they cannot hammer. I would imagine based on whoever that is they'll have a couple of overarching strategies they could go for. Namely, vote first, or target the one they can hammer.

It's difficult to say what our best collective course of action is here. We have nothing that we will be able to go on except each other's posts. Best thing we can do is keep conversation going and see who blinks

Hmm, is there any scenario where town voting first would be beneficial? It seems like 50/50 to hit scum, but if you hit town its 50/50 that scum cant hammer.

Now for scum, it seems like game rules favor them to vote first, but that would be an obvious tell, so logical choice would be for scum to wait for the first vote to be cast and then they would have 50/50 chance of hammering to win the game?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

Vote Count
KevinH (2): Zacch, LordSunday
Zacch (0)
LordSunday (0)
Imran Ehsan (0)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:

Well there doesnt seem to be much to go on, except taking leaps of faith. Easiest way forward for scum is to vote first but he will want to hold back and try to see if a townie votes for the hammerable townie. 

Wellll.....I know I am town, which leaves LS or Zacch to be scum. The game is not gonna go anywhere unless someone votes. If the vote is on hammer-able townie then game is over, otherwise we will have more to talk about....

So lets get on with it: 50:50 chance

Vote: Zacch

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

LordSunday

LordSunday

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 5,381 posts
  • Resources:

Hmm, is there any scenario where town voting first would be beneficial? It seems like 50/50 to hit scum, but if you hit town its 50/50 that scum cant hammer.

Now for scum, it seems like game rules favor them to vote first, but that would be an obvious tell, so logical choice would be for scum to wait for the first vote to be cast and then they would have 50/50 chance of hammering to win the game?

Both of your probabilities are correct. It causes an interesting postulation and honestly you might be right that a town vote may be the most apt considering it either immediately ends the game, or, more likely, causes further discussion.

Well there doesnt seem to be much to go on, except taking leaps of faith. Easiest way forward for scum is to vote first but he will want to hold back and try to see if a townie votes for the hammerable townie. 

Wellll.....I know I am town, which leaves LS or Zacch to be scum. The game is not gonna go anywhere unless someone votes. If the vote is on hammer-able townie then game is over, otherwise we will have more to talk about....

So lets get on with it: 50:50 chance

Vote: Zacch

Of course now we have one to go on. This puts me into the interesting scenario where now the question for you both becomes am I not going to hammer because I'm a townie that doesn't want to simply risk ending the game, or am I scum that can't hammer Zaach.

If we put every possible scenario down we have technically eliminated one now (because if it were true this game would be over):

Imran Scum - Cannot Hammer Sunday

Imran Scum - Cannot Hammer Zaach

Sunday Scum - Cannot Hammer Imran

Sunday Scum - Cannot Hammer Zaach

Zaach Scum - Cannot Hammer Imran

Zaach Scum - Cannot Hammer Sunday

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
Excellent.

LS, the option you cut off is wrong. The option off the table now is you are scum and can't hammer Zacch.

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources: