Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mage Wars Mafia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1065 replies to this topic

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

Tempered IRON | NAH was here

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
well, i did some research on it... maf actually may get up to 2 free dead townies (of their choosing) because of no lynching. in the case of a lylo with 1 extra player, it's wise for the town to no lynch just to exclude one innocent townie. but in most classical games of mafia, you can go there by no lynching in the first place. so no lynching is really a bad strategy any way you look at it. the only thing it does marginally better is not putting the pro town power roles in any danger in the first day from being uncovered cause of the lynch. that's the only thing it is good for in my opinion. but if they do stand out from the crowd and get nk's by maf, well... deja vu me in the last game anyone?? anyway, enough about no lynching. it's starting to feel like the old game again and i'm contributing to it again... bad...

kazio, i can't really consider it a random vote since it really isn't random...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
Why couldn't an OMGUS vote be random on D1? I clearly didn't see it as a guilty defensive maneuver. He wasn't in danger of a lynch anyway.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Gaining a lot of graduation points?
Earning nearly a million every 10 days?
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

Well then, come over to IRON's Internal Tech Farming program:
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=823
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=897

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
  • Squadron:Kilo

Why couldn't an OMGUS vote be random on D1? I clearly didn't see it as a guilty defensive maneuver. He wasn't in danger of a lynch anyway.

Most likely true but you never know.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

I wonder if KevinH is sticking to a No Lynch this game.

Just to compromise, I might put a vote on someone who is not in danger of getting lynched. Somehow that seems to make a difference to some players.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
So you will vote just for the sake of voting, and appeasing the anti-No Lynchers? I'd rather you vote No Lynch instead if that was so.

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

angel of doom

angel of doom

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 414 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Alpha
Falzis, how come your jumping to Kaziocore's defense on day 1? i notice every time someone jumps on Kaziocore about something you jump in to try to explain the reason why they might have done it for them. typically people try not to stick their necks out for anyone unless they are certain they're not scum.
Former Alpha CO
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
I currently am voting no-lynch.

I firmly believe that "nobody knows nothing" on day 1 and that it is not optimal for the town to risk lynching a power role. In previous games, I've seen the votes get distributed to several candidates and nobody gets lynched (hurray!). Nevertheless, I am accused of scumminess for advocating optimal townie play (usually by scum, I'm sure). If I place a vote on a non-lynched candidate, both sides might be happy.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:

Falzis, how come your jumping to Kaziocore's defense on day 1? i notice every time someone jumps on Kaziocore about something you jump in to try to explain the reason why they might have done it for them. typically people try not to stick their necks out for anyone unless they are certain they're not scum.

That's a misrep dude. I've defended him only once. Plus, remember, I defended you from mole's misunderstanding of your post. But more importantly, my "defenses" are just merely clarificatory and I would do it to anyone for the sake of a coherent discussion. I'm a debater (yes, there's a sport like that) in real life and I don't like misreps in any argumentation... mafia included. :lolcharge:

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:

That's a misrep dude. I've defended him only once. Plus, remember, I defended you from mole's misunderstanding of your post. But more importantly, my "defenses" are just merely clarificatory and I would do it to anyone for the sake of a coherent discussion. I'm a debater (yes, there's a sport like that) in real life and I don't like misreps in any argumentation... mafia included. :lolcharge:

i don't get it... and i don't really think a town player would help other players if they didn't think they were indeed townie. i mean, if they get themselves covered in brown stuff and give themselves away, the town wins valuable information. after all, dunno where i read this, but everyone wants to tell everyone else their role... power role or not... so why would you clarify stuff for others is beyond me... sounds scummy to me...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
my clarification of angel's post re mole's questioning was a matter of grammar. my clarification of kaziocore's vote was musing on my part and maybe even a principled stand against immediate translation of OMGUS votes as scum tell. analyze the context behind the vote and you'll come to the same conclusion as I that on D1 and given the lack of lynch wagon, an OMGUS vote could be random too.

couldn't i butt in and say what's on my mind?

plus, what the heck is this "but everyone wants to tell everyone else their role... power role or not..." - seems off tangent and i don't get much the connection to my "clarificatory" actions.

anyway, it's a stretch to say its scummy to "defend" two people each on one occasion. i think you want to make mountains out of molehills.

"and i don't really think a town player would help other players if they didn't think they were indeed townie." - i don't think they're indeed townie, but i don't know any better. i'm just giving people the benefit of the doubt especially when it's a grammatical misunderstanding such as in angel's case and my own analysis of OMGUS votes such as in kazio's case.

i have my eyes on you junk!

p.s. what brown stuff do people cover themselves in? :D

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:

Sir Jesus

Sir Jesus

Tempered IRON

• NM|Former Member
  • 1,475 posts
  • Resources:
Falzis plays the role of "Logic Calirification Expert" whenever her plays mafia. When he acts as a townie, this works in the towns benefit as he moves the game along through analysis and literary simplification. It is really quite helpful and should not be assumed to be "scummy."

If he is on the bad team, he will clarify things with an obvious bias. The trick is to analyz Falzis' bias, who he is defending more than others. Nobody here will be able to identify those trends on Day 1.
Obstacle of Economic Development

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264

well, i did some research on it... maf actually may get up to 2 free dead townies (of their choosing) because of no lynching. in the case of a lylo with 1 extra player, it's wise for the town to no lynch just to exclude one innocent townie. but in most classical games of mafia, you can go there by no lynching in the first place. so no lynching is really a bad strategy any way you look at it. the only thing it does marginally better is not putting the pro town power roles in any danger in the first day from being uncovered cause of the lynch. that's the only thing it is good for in my opinion. but if they do stand out from the crowd and get nk's by maf, well... deja vu me in the last game anyone?? anyway, enough about no lynching. it's starting to feel like the old game again and i'm contributing to it again... bad...

kazio, i can't really consider it a random vote since it really isn't random...

Good point.
As I have stated earlier.
A No Lynch doesn't help the town.
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:

A No Lynch doesn't help the town.

Scum tell.

:remotecar:

But you all pick a lynchee and when it turns out to be a townie, I'll say I told you so. I always do.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017

Scum tell.

But you all pick a lynchee and when it turns out to be a townie, I'll say I told you so. I always do.

So if we all played like you and voted no lynch the day would end and scum would kill one of us. We wake up tomorrow with one less townie and nobody knows anything more than we do right now. At least you should use your votes to pressure people and help foster conversation. Vote patterns can be very helpful to look at as the days go by. Your style on Day 1 doesn't help us at all. (This is where you say, "well at least I'm not killing an innocent townie".)

I love playing mafia with you KevinH but if we all played the way you did the town would never win because we would never get off the ground floor. Your follow the cop judgement is flawed. If you say we will always kill a townie on day1 what odds does the cop have of finding scum day 1? He/she has the same chance as we do lynching a scum on day 1. At least if we choose to lynch there will be voting patterns and discussion to look over Day 2. If we all vote no lynch we will have nothing tomorrow.

We can't sit back and be passive, our only way to win is by our votes, let's use them.

And yes, I would rather you use a random vote, then no vote at all.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264

Scum tell.

And that is a scum tell how?

Unvote
Vote: Falzis

Let's turn up the heat shall we...
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:

my clarification of angel's post re mole's questioning was a matter of grammar. my clarification of kaziocore's vote was musing on my part and maybe even a principled stand against immediate translation of OMGUS votes as scum tell. analyze the context behind the vote and you'll come to the same conclusion as I that on D1 and given the lack of lynch wagon, an OMGUS vote could be random too.

couldn't i butt in and say what's on my mind?

plus, what the heck is this "but everyone wants to tell everyone else their role... power role or not..." - seems off tangent and i don't get much the connection to my "clarificatory" actions.

anyway, it's a stretch to say its scummy to "defend" two people each on one occasion. i think you want to make mountains out of molehills.

"and i don't really think a town player would help other players if they didn't think they were indeed townie." - i don't think they're indeed townie, but i don't know any better. i'm just giving people the benefit of the doubt especially when it's a grammatical misunderstanding such as in angel's case and my own analysis of OMGUS votes such as in kazio's case.

i have my eyes on you junk!

p.s. what brown stuff do people cover themselves in? :D

maybe, falzis, but i'd still like to hear what they have to say before you jump in to "clear stuff up" (grammatically or otherwise). as for the part you don't understand, there's a theory that states that everyone wants to tell what they are on a subconscious level (and i do so love psychology :P ). and no, a post stating that :

You want to stay crazy???
Fine...

I'll vote for you instead...

Vote: junkahoolik

... dunno why... but it doesn't sound like it was random.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

junkahoolik

junkahoolik

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,653 posts
  • Resources:

Scum tell.

well kevin, i hate to break it to you, (omg i think i'm gonna raise a few scumdars with this but wth... i think it will be better like this) but, i at least, don't really mind lynching a townie day 1. it would be better to lynch scum obviously, but those that play for a lynch day 1 are well prepped for the consequences.

so, sure, you can say that, but what good will it do?? after the lynch is done, you also will profit from the information in the conversation that lead to the lynch and from the voting patterns. so please either make yourself useful starting this day or sit back and enjoy the game and don't bring it up anymore.

/end. this is the last post i make about no lynching. it's just bad conversation that leads nowhere in my opinion. lesson learned from my first game :P

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:

maybe, falzis, but i'd still like to hear what they have to say before you jump in to "clear stuff up" (grammatically or otherwise).

It's not my fault I'm more active. You can't blame me for posting whenever there's a discussion or query. At least I'm not like others here who just lurk - people I see reading but not posting. I don't blame them also if they don't want to post yet (might be they have nothing to say or they are lying low) but don't blame me either if I reply immediately and to even minute posts.

Plus, my musings don't preclude them from answering your question anyways. It's not as if me posting would stop them from responding or stop you from still asking them. Push your question on Kazio if you want but I'll give my opinion whenever I deem it fit.

Lastly, at least, also, I'm not like others who give very short responses... and votes without a rationale, save maybe an ambiguous statement. ;)

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:

my "defenses" are just merely clarificatory and I would do it to anyone for the sake of a coherent discussion.

Your defence of Kaziocore was clearly NOT so.

Scum tell.

On principle,
Unvote
Vote: KevinH

How in the HELL is attacking a no-lynch strategy scummy? If that's the case, you may as well think that most of the game apart from you and perhaps Carl Vincent is scum. Please, for the sake of my sanity if nothing else, stop this.

We also have far more information.
FOLLOWING THE COP DOES NOT WORK.

Unvote
Vote: Falzis

Let's turn up the heat shall we...

I'll do a vote count in a minute, but this seems dangerously close to lynch.

@Kaziocore - Could you please explain why you felt the need to excuse Carl Vincent's actions on P3?
@Carl Vincent - I'd still like a response as to why you placed a third vote on Falzis in the random stage. If you've already replied to this, please link it for me.

Proud IRONer since 5th July 2006
Proud to have taken 6 nukes, and been ZI'ed for IRON.

• Mod of General Spam, Mafia, and Mole Stargazer's Bar and Grill
  • Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
MOLE'S UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

Falzis (3) - Theophilos, angel of doom, CanucksDynasty
KevinH (2) - Electric Mango, molestargazer
Kaziocore (1) - junkahoolik
Junkahoolik (1) - Kaziocore

No Lynch (2) - KevinH, Carl Vincent
Not Voting (3): Martino, Sir Jesus, Falzis

With 12 Alive, 7 is needed to lynch.

Turns out I was wrong about the CD point. My bad.

@CanucksDynasty - Any particular reason for wanting to turn the heat up?

Proud IRONer since 5th July 2006
Proud to have taken 6 nukes, and been ZI'ed for IRON.

• Mod of General Spam, Mafia, and Mole Stargazer's Bar and Grill
  • Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter