Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Journey Back To The Battlestar - Game Over!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Kilo
Journey Back To The Battlestar

Scenario:

Join Commander Obama and his merry crew as they prepare for the retirement of their creaky old Battlestar. Once the pride of the twelve colonies, this ship has since been flying around aimlessly during forty years of peace and is scheduled to be mothballed. What's that? Cylon attack? Must be a joke!

But it isn't.

Suddenly humanity has been wiped out, and there is precious little left. Galactica is the last of her kind, and suddenly humanity's best (and only) hope. Their rag-tag fleet of civilian ships are like children cowering under their mommy's skirt, and the cylons are approaching...

Just when you thought things couldn't get worse, they do. Obama and his XO - Colonel Tiny - have run out of whiskey (and if you've ever seen the way these two knock it back, that's very bad indeed). These men cannot function without their booze, and they start making irrational decisions. The next three things happen so quickly, you would be hard pressed to believe this was anything less than a 'recap montage' accompanied with the soundbyte "previously on battlestar galactica:"

1/ The whiskey runs out
2/ They find a planet covered in an alien version of barley
3/ They empty out Water Tank 3 and turn it into a still
4/ They dispatch a surveying party to go check out the grain
5/ A cylon battlefleet appears - possibly because they too are out of booze

Doing it's usual thing, Battlestar and her civilian minions jump to the next star system, leaving the surveying party to fend for themselves. The good news is, they have a jump drive and are now on their way towards Battlestar (of course, taking an unusually long round-about route so the episode can play out). The bad news is, by now we (the audience) have realized that some of the people on board are cylon assassins (human lookalike robots) and have decided to be as bold as possible when it comes to offing the party. How long will it be before the characters realize this, and realize this is a kill-or-be-killed situation?

Rules:

1/ Have fun

2/ This will be a simpler version of Mafia then the others on this board, but don't assume this will be stripped down. We will have some characters with abilities etc - so don't freak out, this isn't going to be boring.

3/ No talking to other players outside the game thread unless your Role PM states specifically that you can.

4/ Vote for a player to be lynched by using the NIFTY SPREADSHEET BELOW.

5/ Days/Nights will last probably less than 2 weeks/ 72 hours. I need to get a feel for the online activity, but I would like this to move quicker then slower (if possible).

6/ If there are 2 players with the same amount of at least half-majority votes at deadline, then I will lynch the one who reached that number of votes first.

7/ I can change, add, or edit rules as I see fit - I am awesome, after all. Jokes aside, this is a work in progress journey, so play nice with me okay?

8/ This is a set location scenario. You're on a transport in transit - we have a bathroom that I'm not going to use in the scenario, as I don't deem it necessary, but apart from that assume the ship is a one room seating/sleeping area and connected cockpit.

9/ Questions or suggestions, ask!

Players:

1/ ScoutX
2/ Falzis
3/ Aquinas
4/ CanucksDynasty
5/ KevinH
6/ Electric Mango
7/ SinKon
8/ Tobias Greene

Finally....

THE NIFTY SPREADSHEET OF AWESOMENESS

The above link is to a spreadsheet which lists everyone still alive, and a column for each player. This is to save me the endless back and forth that I've seen here. Open the sheet, find the column at the top with your name, and then place an X in that column under who you want killed (list of candidates is on the left).

YOU SHOULD ALL HAVE PMs SITTING IN YOUR INBOX WITH CHARACTERS. LET ME KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY SNAGS.

Edited by molestargazer, 21 January 2010 - 05:11 PM.

Posted Image

England expects that every man will do his duty

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Aquinas

Aquinas

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 416 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Delta
Red leader standing by.

Lord Aquinas of Aditi

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
The ship flies through space, trying to make sure that they've shaken their Cylon pursuers before making the light jump. Sure, *technically* Cylons can't track you once you light jump, but it's good to be on the safe side, right?

Everyone sits and stares at each other, pondering in their mind the revelation they recently learned - that now the Cylons look just like us, and any one of "us" could be "them." What to do?

Sidenote one:
I've only watched most of season 1 of Battlestar on TV, so please keep this thread free of spoilers. This IS Battlestar themed, but in no way connects to the actual TV plot.

Sidenote two:
I am aware time passes differently in space, and thought about giving the phases new names, but as this is "baby" mafia and I'm learning, we may as well call a spade a spade neh? Aight. On with the show.

Sidenote three:
I'm hoping we can get this "night" over in 24 hours, as there isn't a huge amount of activity needed. If this doesn't work, oh well, I'll gauge the deadlines as we progress.

IT IS NOW NIGHT ONE.

Robots, begin plotting.
Humans, pray you're not first on their list.

Edited by Bastille Hades, 13 January 2010 - 02:20 AM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

molestargazer

molestargazer

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,395 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Alpha
I'm assuming that the spreadsheet is for voting during the day.
I'm also assuming that there's no way to track whoever uses the spreadsheet. Any abuse of this system will result in it being cancelled, a conventional system being used, and if possible, a modkill for the offender if we track them down.

Please, please, I hope to god whoever the mafia is isn't stupid enough to try and nightkill with the spreadsheet with their name next to it. PM Hades with any and all night actions. ;)

Edited by molestargazer, 13 January 2010 - 05:34 PM.

Proud IRONer since 5th July 2006
Proud to have taken 6 nukes, and been ZI'ed for IRON.

• Mod of General Spam, Mafia, and Mole Stargazer's Bar and Grill
  • Ex-Field Marshal, Admissions Admin, Warnings & Walkers and Generalwazawaza mod, Diplomat, amongst many other things that I've forgotten.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (molestargazer @ Jan 13 2010, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm assuming that the spreadsheet is for voting during the day.
I'm also assuming that there's no way to track whoever uses the spreadsheet. Any abuse of this system will result in it being cancelled, a conventional system being used, and if possible, a modkill for the offender if we track them down.

Please, please, I hope to god whoever the mafia is isn't stupid enough to try and nightkill with the spreadsheet with their name next to it. PM Hades with any and all night actions. ;)

Indeed, the spreadsheet is used only for DAY voting. I can track changes and those who made them, but seriously people we're all adults here so let's play nice mmmmkay?

Anyway, night's almost over, I'll post here again with the narrative update as soon as I get the last info needed.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
(Mole note: It helps if you edit which Day / Night it is into the title of the thread. I've done it for now.)

"Doctor! Doctor! Is there a doctor on board!?"

Aquinas, a helpful yet bored engineer, had decided to investigate the weird hissing sound emerging from the back of the Leeroy Jenkins, their personnel transport that had carried them to (and now from) the planet they'd nicknamed 'Whiskey 1.' While everyone else was still slumbering, he'd wandered back and popped open the back hatch. Was there some kind of blockage?

Indeed there was. The good news is the blockage was organic, and therefore would be easy to clean out. The bad news is - it was the decapitated head of SinKon, one of the below-decks workers Aquinas had only known in passing. In death, he proved he wasn't Cylon scum, but unfortunately has proven there ARE alien elements on this vessel, and that they DO have it in for the crew.....

Electric Mango, the other mechanic on board, helped Aquinas locate the rest of Sinkon's remains. As Falzis looked on grimly, they found the corpse had been crammed into the trash compactor like a broken accordion. All worked quickly - the trash was set to be auto-vented that morning, although no-one had an idea of what they would do with the body once it was clear of the ship's internal organs.

Breaking the silence, CanucksDynasty spoke the words all of them were feeling:
"Somewhere among us here, there is a traitor. And we need to find out who it is... and prevent them from returning to the Battlestar."

All present looked at each other, most nodded grimly, and then at once they all began to speak....

DAY ONE.

Have at ye!

Edited by molestargazer, 13 January 2010 - 06:20 PM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
ROFL Sinkon got the Night 0 NK! I bet one of the veteran mafia players currently playing in another mafia thread gave the order to kill him.

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Gaining a lot of graduation points?
Earning nearly a million every 10 days?
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

Well then, come over to IRON's Internal Tech Farming program:
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=823
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=897

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (Falzis @ Jan 14 2010, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ROFL Sinkon got the Night 0 NK! I bet one of the veteran mafia players currently playing in another mafia thread gave the order to kill him.

That would be either

2/ Falzis
3/ Aquinas
4/ CanucksDynasty
5/ KevinH
6/ Electric Mango

---

Bastille, could you elaborate more on how to use the spreadsheet? Or could you just lock it instead and we'll vote traditionally using bolded votes and you'll input it in the spread sheet? It could be a tracker of day votes / order of votes.

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

ScoutX

ScoutX

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 939 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:344577
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Being the one that found the body, I would like to accuse Aquinas citing the precedent: "He who smelt it, dealt it."

Edited by ScoutX, 13 January 2010 - 06:28 PM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
Electric Mango also helped! he must be also Implicated. how Sad for Sinkon to get killed immediately. Can't think of any other reason but scUm disliking him. hMmmm....

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (ScoutX @ Jan 14 2010, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Being the one that found the body, I would like to accuse Aquinas citing the precedent: "He who smelt it, dealt it."

Please don't edit posts, thanks! It helps avoid scum from editing bad posts and helps townies see the exact words without revision of any poster.

This. Please don't edit your posts, guys. At all. Ever.
Any more doing so will mean I have an excuse to get my big hammer out. -Mole

Edited by molestargazer, 13 January 2010 - 06:35 PM.

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
Okay. Since Falzis asked, here is a detailed example of the spreadsheet. I'm modifying it slightly, in response to HIS concerns and also to Mole's worry that someone might try to "rig" the system. So here are the NEW rules of spreadsheet, and if you have any questions PM me.

Let's say ScoutX decides he wants to blame Aquinas (which he just did, so don't read anything into that tongue.gif)
Scout does TWO THINGS. Firstly, he posts in this thread:

Being the one that found the body, I would like to accuse Aquinas under the precedent of "He who smelt it, dealt it."

PLEASE make it clear that you're voting, people. 'I would like to accuse' is a little ambiguous. -Mole

This solves Mole's concerns about people "faking" it. It also means Falzis can easily track voting order etc.

Next, he takes one additional second and opens my spreadsheet, and adds in on his column next to Aquinas' name the DATE that he voted for him.

So in the above, you can see he voted for Aquinas on 1/13/2010.

If people update their votes, you can then see in real-time what date they voted. If you want to be uber-geeky, the thread serves as a long-standing record.

I hope that makes sense, and answers all question/problems. Thanks.

Edited by molestargazer, 13 January 2010 - 06:38 PM.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ScoutX

ScoutX

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 939 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:344577
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
No fixing typos and no having fun. Got it.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
You can have fun!! And typos are allowed. In mafia games, it's better to let posts remain the way they are again so as to avoid any person from removing something that was seen as bad later on or might be slip of the tongues (or hands tongue.gif).

With that said, I am unleashing Grammar Nazi Hitler on ScoutX. laugh.gif

joke

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
Ok so it's horizontal and not vertical... and we put dates there... as long as you can track who edits the spreadsheet then I don't see any problem.

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (Falzis @ Jan 13 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok so it's horizontal and not vertical... and we put dates there... as long as you can track who edits the spreadsheet then I don't see any problem.

Yes, the vertical is "who is voting" and the vertical is "who is voted for" - remember though, there is only one vote per person on the sheet; your latest and most current one. If Scout changes his vote, he would delete his "1/13/2010" next to Aquinas and put the new one in. The thread here is for the geeky every moment ever move tracking - the spreadsheet is an 'at-a-glance' informational on who is currently in line to die.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
@Mole or BH

Is this game going to count in our Wins/Losses thread?

I don't see why not. The setup's fine, I've checked it myself.

Edited by molestargazer, 13 January 2010 - 09:55 PM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
It's time to have fun and it's time to win.

For the record, I've been dead in the other thread for quite a while. I really appreciate this game starting!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (KevinH @ Jan 13 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's time to have fun and it's time to win.

For the record, I've been dead in the other thread for quite a while. I really appreciate this game starting!

Exactly... let's get this ball rolling. Votes? Thoughts? Suspicions? Accusations?

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
I suspect Electric Mango and Tobias Greene because they both have a space in their name.

SinKon was proven townie and had an embedded capital letter in his name so ScoutX, CanucksDynasty, and I are definitely townies.

I am undecide about Falzis and Aquinas.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter