Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Somewhat Classic Mafia(Game thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
327 replies to this topic

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:471330
  • Squadron:Alpha
The town of NotQuiteClassicville was a bit out of the ordinary...well to those that didn't live there. People slept during the day rather then the night, walked backwards(although some walked backwards backwards), and had developed a strange language that even they couldn't understand(and thus never used). Most people attributed these strange behaviors to how the town was founded. It was once the location of a "cracker jack box". Apparently a bunch of the "cracker jacks" escaped into the nearby forest and in their not insanity founded the odd town. Hundreds of years later they lived alone and peacefully...or rather their descendents do.

Although the town was so odd, it was very nice. Crime was next to nothing, and the only recorded violent crime was an assault and battery charge against a visitor in the town. And that was 10 years ago. They lived moderately prosperous lives(although me and you would consider them dirt poor) and tended to shun new things(hence why gas lamps were common rather then electricity).

But this was all about to change. Something truly dreadful was about to happen. Someone somewhere was going to snap...and when they do who knows what's to become of the place?

And that something...happens tonight...well today.

As the sun dawned over the edge of horizon, the citizens of NotQuiteClassicville prepared for bed. Children read their parents stories and kissed them good night. The workaholics packed up whatever it was they were working on and walked backwards home through the emptying roads. A few people, brave or crazy(would being a crazy crazy make you more insane or less?), stayed up well past dawn, working or just playing around.

One such person staying up late finally got tired of sorting through her flowers(she owned a booming flower shop) and the bills(which really were random pieces of paper with no meaning but for some reason the townsfolk remembered something about bills so they pretended those papers were bills but had no idea what to do with them...but I digress) was headed home minding her own business when she felt some serious pain and all went black.

As the sun went down that evening and the citizens awoke, they found a gruesome seen. The flower lady had been murdered! Wait what was murder again? It had something to do with her and blood...oh right death! Oh wait she's dead!!!!!

The Flower Lady, an innocent, yet insane, businesswoman was beaten to death

Rules and roles will be coming shortly...need to make sure they're all written up right first!

Also as a reminder: no talking until Night 1 begins!

PS: if you are confused about the Day and Night thing...Day is Night and Night is Day.

1. CanucksDynasty, the Master, and a simple townie, murdered execution style Day 1.
2. Bastille Hades, the Unorthodox and Strange, and the town's resident Doctor, was hung up to die Night 3.
3. KevinH, the Peaceful Killer
4. Falzis, the Apprentice, and a simple townie, hung Night 1
5. junkahoolik, the Silent Investigator
6. Kaziocore, the Little Japanese Girl
7. AKCPluto, the Punny Guy
8. Theophilos, the Greek Hero
9. Windblade, the Newbie Ninja, and a simple townie, hung Night 2
10. Nerau, the Guy Without a Cool Title
11. Aquinas, the Saviour, and a skilled Tracker, shot then beaten Day 2
12. The Unknown ScoutX

Edited by Narsis, 28 March 2010 - 02:20 AM.

Posted Image

Nuclear Accolade___IRON Spirit___Above Beyond_____Diligence______Seniority___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The Realm of Philonoe | Posted Image | The GIMP Workshop

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
Da Rules(Stolen from mole with some rules heavily edited and others stolen shamelessly)

1. Play to win; prepare to lose. This is a game so enjoy yourself, but don't ruin it for others if things don't go your way.

2. No editing or deleting posts, unless your Role PM says otherwise.

3. No talking to other players outside the game thread unless your Role PM states specifically that you can.

4. No quoting any PMs from me, including Role PMs. Doing so will get you modkilled. Paraphrasing is OK.

5. Vote for a player to be lynched by using the Vote: molestargazer format. And yes you must vote for mole, and only mole, everytime you vote. You must unvote before voting again, which is kinda worthless since you can only vote for one person.

6. Days will last 1 week, or less. Nights will last a minimum of 24 hours and up to 48 hours.
6-1. If you find the day is too short then feel free to ask for an extension...however discussion must keep going. This is meant to be a bit of a quicker game then normal.

7. A lynch requires a majority (50% rounded down + 1) vote. You can also No Lynch, by using Vote: No Lynch(Note: Rule 5 still applies to this rule).
7-1. If there is no majority by deadline, only a half-majority is needed. (Majority / 2, rounded up if necessary)
7-2. If there are 2 players with the same amount of at least half-majority votes at deadline, then I will lynch the one who reached that number of votes first.

8. After someone has been lynched, feel free to continue talking until the death scene is posted.

9. Don't use small / invisible font, don't use orange text (That's mine...err mole's.), and don't use any form of clever encryption or code in your messages.

10. If you haven't posted in 3 days, I'll prod you. If you don't pick up that prod AND post within 48 hours, I'll replace you.
10-1. If you need to be replaced for whatever reason, please PM me, don't flake.
10-2. If you are V/LA, don't rely on me checking the thread / your signature. Please post in the thread notifying me of your V/LA or PM me about it.
10-3. If you are going to be V/LA...please also tell me what V/LA means. I never quite figured it out.

11. Vote counts will be made upon request, although I encourage players to keep and share their own.

13. I hope it isn't necessary, but any modkills will negatively effect the rule-breaker's faction in some way which I see fit. If you are modkilled, you lose, no matter how the game ends.

42. You also lose if you replace out. If you replace in then you may win or lose depending on your play/how long you were in the game.

14. I can change, add, or edit rules as I see fit. I will notify players in-thread if this happens. I also reserve the right to completely change the role you have, although i will notify you in-thread if necessary.

15. I am not perfect. I may have got something wrong. I may have missed a rule out. Let me know, ask me questions, but don't abuse my mistakes.
15-1. To get my attention in-thread, use the MOLE: <Your message> format. That or any bolded text starting with mod, Narsis, or any variations will usually do the trick.

16. Lastly, keep in mind that this game isn't a not classic game. Or is it? I always get those double negatives mixed up. Either way dont trust anything you read, except what you want to or dont.

17. Lastly lastly, beware the insanity! It may consume you too. (Disclaimer: I am 100% responsible for anything resulting from said insanity. However, I can't be held accountable for it since well...I'm the mod. However, you may hold your doctor, or other physician, medication, the temperature, the weather, and the time of year for said insanity. Some conditions apply. For everything else, there's Mastercard, unofficial and completely oblivious sponser of Mafia and all of Narsis' other enterprises even though he doesn't own or use a Mastercard or any of their affiliates or related cards.)

And the be all end all rule(and absolutely completely final word in this post): pie.

Edit: I remembered a rule that i forgot to add but have promptly forgotten it again. i'll remember eventually...

Edited by Narsis, 24 February 2010 - 01:35 AM.

Posted Image

Karma Campaign__Karma Nuke_____Karma Aid___TPF Complience__CnG Campaign____CnG Nuke___

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Narsis

Narsis

Steadfast

• NM|Registered Users
  • 3,443 posts
  • Resources:
It is officially...

Night 1

...And so it begins.

Majority is 6(unless i get a 12th player in which case it would become 7). Deadline is update Feb 30. Half-majority is 3(or 4).

So who done it?

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Kilo
So as night = day, I'll start the convo. Hi, my name's Hades (the Unorthodox and Strange) and I'm online. Here's some info from the last thread:

1. CanucksDynasty, the Master
2. Bastille Hades, the Unorthodox and Strange
3. KevinH, the Peaceful Killer
4. Falzis, the Apprentice
5. junkahoolik, the Silent Investigator
6. Kaziocore, the Little Japanese Girl
7. AKCPluto, the Punny Guy
8. Theophilos, the Greek Hero
9. Windblade, the Newbie Ninja
10. Nerau, the Guy Without a Cool Title
11. Aquinas, the Saviour
12. The Unknown

Note3: We've got 11 people which is enough to start. whether the last spot fills up or not will remain to be seen.

Vote: Aquinas

Resoning, "the Saviour"? What kind of WIFOM hinting is THAT?

Posted Image

England expects that every man will do his duty

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
Will the mafia get a "day-kill"? smile.gif

I'm KevinH, and I have a dilemma.
  • If I argue for a no-lynch, people get suspicious of me.
  • If I don't argue for a no-lync, people get suspicious of me.

What's a guy to do?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:144926
  • Souls Baptized:1,538,133
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
hi guys

i need a cool title

/me sulks

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (KevinH @ Feb 23 2010, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will the mafia get a "day-kill"? smile.gif

I'm KevinH, and I have a dilemma.
  • If I argue for a no-lynch, people get suspicious of me.
  • If I don't argue for a no-lync, people get suspicious of me.

What's a guy to do?

FOS on you for THAT. You know people get suspicious when you *don't* vote no-lynch.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (Nerau @ Feb 23 2010, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi guys

i need a cool title

/me sulks

Nerau The Sulker?

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
hmm nah

i will stick with what i got

also

vote: Windblade

simply to get ball rolling
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Pancho needs your prays its true but save a few for lefty too he did what he had to do and now he is growing old - Townes Van Zandt

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
QUOTE (Bastille Hades @ Feb 24 2010, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So as night = day, I'll start the convo. Hi, my name's Hades (the Unorthodox and Strange) and I'm online. Here's some info from the last thread:

Vote: Aquinas

Resoning, "the Saviour"? What kind of WIFOM hinting is THAT?

Why vote for the Saviour?

FOS: Bastille Hades
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Gaining a lot of graduation points?
Earning nearly a million every 10 days?
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

Well then, come over to IRON's Internal Tech Farming program:
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=823
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=897

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
Who would kill a flower girl >:[
It must be Theophilos

Vote: Theophilos

Because he's a Greek hero and since this is NotQuiteClassicville, he's really a villain that murders women! :/
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
QUOTE (Kaziocore @ Feb 24 2010, 07:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who would kill a flower girl >:[
It must be Theophilos

Vote: Theophilos

Because he's a Greek hero and since this is NotQuiteClassicville, he's really a villain that murders women! :/

Says the person with a creepy avatar (pic of girl with a knife to the head).

Vote: Kaziocore
roll.gif
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

Aquinas

Aquinas

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 416 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Delta
QUOTE (Falzis @ Feb 24 2010, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, I assure you I will aid the town to the best of my ability.

Voting for Unorthodox and Strange seems much more beneficial...
However, I can think of a cool power role to fit all the titles which makes random voting infinitely more difficult. I would vote for Nerau since he is the only one without a title, but that could just be TMWIFOM (The Mod's Wine In Front of Me).

Alas, I will stay my vote until there is more information out there. We'll see where this goes for now. The night is still young!

Lord Aquinas of Aditi

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
The titles I think are simply used to add flavor to this game and I believe have correlation to the roles

Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AKCPLUTO

AKCPLUTO

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 338 posts
  • Resources:
Wait, is this backwards? Day becomes night, and vice versa? LOL!

CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 2,479 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:050264
QUOTE (Nerau @ Feb 24 2010, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The titles I think are simply used to add flavor to this game and I believe have correlation to the roles

Yes for the flavor.
No for the correlation.

It wouldn't be very mod-like to include descriptions that may indicate possible roles.
Otherwise we could just dissect that info and vote accordingly.
PS3 80GB
Games: NHL09, MGS4, LBP, T:WfC, KZ2, U:DF

Mafia: 24gp, 15W (8T/5M/2O), 9L (8T/1M)

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
If *everything* day is night, and *everything* night is day, does it really matter?

Does anyone have problems sleeping with the sun up?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Nerau

Nerau

IRONclad

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 6,337 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (CanucksDynasty @ Feb 24 2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes for the flavor.
No for the correlation.

It wouldn't be very mod-like to include descriptions that may indicate possible roles.
Otherwise we could just dissect that info and vote accordingly.

yea that is what i meant
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Bastille Hades

Bastille Hades

Baptized

• NM|Registered Users
  • 806 posts
  • Resources:
QUOTE (Falzis @ Feb 24 2010, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well duh - day 1 is more or less arbitrary anyway, and everything in this scenario is ass-backwards. Unless someone can make a decent case for why someone should be voted for, I think the "flavor" descriptions are a good place as any to start. "The Savior" cannot be literal, as nothing is what it seems, so it's either 1/ a red herring or 2/ a reversal and he's scum.

Seems solid to me, so my vote stands. If anyone else can give me decent reasoning, I'll switch - but that does not include:

QUOTE (Aquinas @ Feb 24 2010, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, I assure you I will aid the town to the best of my ability.

Voting for Unorthodox and Strange seems much more beneficial...

Falzis, I'm watching both you and Aquinas.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Falzis

Falzis

Tempered IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 1,325 posts
  • Resources:
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
I know it's just flavor text. I'm just being random as well lol. laugh.gif

Come to think of it, if Day is Night, and Night is Day, Aquinas must be the (un)Saviour! :awesome3:

Hello Young IRON Nation

Are YOU interested in:
Gaining a lot of graduation points?
Earning nearly a million every 10 days?
Being eligible for a program where 60 million are pumped to YOUR nation just for growth?

Well then, come over to IRON's Internal Tech Farming program:
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=823
http://www.iron-command.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=897

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter