Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KZ-02] SANE END: Madness Metropolis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
638 replies to this topic

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118
  • Squadron:Kilo
Even though unlynchin ppl on D1 it may not be wise but why are you throwing around votes so early we still have a whole 12 days to figure out them scum. However just for fun since everybody's doing it.

Vote: Electric Mango

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

AngelCruzdelaSant

AngelCruzdelaSant

Tiny Master of Evil

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 7,799 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:543541
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Unvote: Rafay

Vote: Daimos

He editted his post.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nuked 5 times, hoping for more!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

Haha. I am still trying to learn. So basically we are just trying to vote anyone we think is the scum?

I guess we can vote starting now and we can also change our mind (unvote) before deadline which is May 27th?

As a general rule in forum based mafia games editing of posts is not allowed, and even this very game's rules explicitly state that such actions are forbidden. Given that this is your first game, I'll give you the benefit of doubt for now, but I'll be keeping an eye on you

FOS: Daimos

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132
With the changed rule of full majority required to lynch, I predict that no-lynch will occur more often.

I'll argue that it should, too. If 1/4 of the players are mafia, then it will take 2/3 of the townies to lynch a scum (assuming scum won't vote to lynch themselves). All the more reason to Follow The Cop.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118
Not quite Kevin. You see one scum could be a suicide-ish bomber if we lynch him he could kill a person with him. So he'll probably try to get attention from us. Remember me last game?

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

OrangeRush7

OrangeRush7

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 597 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:495737
  • Souls Baptized:7,874
  • Squadron:Alpha

With the changed rule of full majority required to lynch, I predict that no-lynch will occur more often.

I'll argue that it should, too. If 1/4 of the players are mafia, then it will take 2/3 of the townies to lynch a scum (assuming scum won't vote to lynch themselves). All the more reason to Follow The Cop.

I'm not so sure how effective a Follow The Cop strategy may be for this game. As BeeBs previously stated, the sheer number of people in this game makes it unlikely that the cop will target a scum. In addition, if the cop is similar to the one from Kaardoli, they may not know whether or not a person is scum from the information they receive. The cop from last game only got the quote from the post PM. Kazio may have decided to do something similar for this game, rather than just a "guilty" or "innocent" investigation. We can't just rely on the cop to lead us through the game, assuming there even is one.

Not quite Kevin. You see one scum could be a suicide-ish bomber if we lynch him he could kill a person with him. So he'll probably try to get attention from us. Remember me last game?

Yeah, the succubus role really killed the town last game. However, I still doubt there is a bomber in this game, as the scum were the ones spreading order in the intro. I may be just reading too far in to the flavor though, and that didn't work out very well for the town last time. VAMPIRES!! :panicmode:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

OrangeRush7

OrangeRush7

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 597 posts
  • Resources:

The cop from last game only got the quote from the post PM.

Sorry. I meant role PM. :blush:

Posted Image

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
If we don't lynch today we'll just wake up tomorrow with one dead townie and no more info to go off of than what we know today. We cant afford to wait for the cop either. His chances are no better than ours. It's up to us.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

BeeBs

BeeBs

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 417 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:468658

Ok, let's talk shop. We should definitely lynch someone today to get a pattern of voting records and see who does what. The best and most often used way to find out who scum is by their actions. We need people voting to see how sides are stacking up and to establish patterns. Read the wiki and see that all the majority of experienced players prefer a D1 lynch.

Vote: BeeBs

He doesn't want to lynch anyone which does not help the town win.

I don't expect you to change your vote, but I want to clear this up. It's not that I won't vote for someone if that seems like our best strategy. I am not completely opposed to it. In fact, in my post I point out that if we just start waiting it could be a long time before we have a good reason to start lynching considering the number. I wasn't trying to convince or necessarily advocate. Like I said, I was just thinking out loud.

I agree that a voting pattern would be helpful, but with this many people random voting it has a larger possibility of being off the mark and being misleading when we try and build a voting "pattern" of someone later in the game. It's not that I won't do it, I just think there are some drawbacks with should continue to consider, even as the game goes on.

As for multiple night kills that could be possible. I'm sure we'll see it at some point in the game. There is probably a vigilante out there for the town somewhere, we are all quite mad after all. No matter what, I'd bet there will be a flurry of night actions tonight. I hope something turns up useful tomorrow.

I think KevinH rightly points out that even with an assumed fourth scum there is a large majority pointing towards accidentally killing a townie. I guess I'll continue to read posts and see what becomes of the day. Someone pointed out we have quite a few days to make a decision. I'll reserve a vote for someone inactive. The scum will probably have a pretty easy go of being passive in such a large game, that could be a place to start. And if we're going to lynch just for the sake of a pattern, I'd rather guess from a pool of inactive people than just the whole pool of people in general. Although I'm generally against voting based on activity, it might be the best to go off on D1.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

BeeBs

BeeBs

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 417 posts
  • Resources:

As BeeBs previously stated, the sheer number of people in this game makes it unlikely that the cop will target a scum.

If we don't lynch today we'll just wake up tomorrow with one dead townie and no more info to go off of than what we know today. We cant afford to wait for the cop either. His chances are no better than ours. It's up to us.

We'd have the cop info to go off, whether they find a scum or not. It would be someone to lead us in the right direction, if they're convincing. I think that is an even bigger threat, namely, drowning out or own power roles with the voice of the mob.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

cam177

cam177

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 92 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:330660
this is just a thought but the game span may want to be shortened if at all possible it seems the majority of us are in agreement of no lynch for this game and to prolong the game for a full days will cause more harm than good in this game for the simple fact that by waiting it will increase boredom and people will start dropping off from it.

Posted Image

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180
I don't see what we gain by not lynching on Day 1. It didn't work out that well even in the last game. We just went into Day 2 with no info and had to make a random lynch anyway. With a large pool of players we have more leeway even if we lynch a townie..so I am voting for a lynch.

Who to lynch? JohnGato. He is the only one who has not posted yet and an inactive townie is useless even if he is a power role. :suicidebastard:

Vote: JohnGato

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

this is just a thought but the game span may want to be shortened if at all possible it seems the majority of us are in agreement of no lynch for this game and to prolong the game for a full days will cause more harm than good in this game for the simple fact that by waiting it will increase boredom and people will start dropping off from it.

I agree, the days are a bit too long IMO. Why not cut them a bit shorter, with the possibility of an extension?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

OrangeRush7

OrangeRush7

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 597 posts
  • Resources:

We'd have the cop info to go off, whether they find a scum or not. It would be someone to lead us in the right direction, if they're convincing. I think that is an even bigger threat, namely, drowning out or own power roles with the voice of the mob.

My main concern was that the cop would not get good info anyways. Last game the cop only got a quote from the role PM that still did not say much about innocence. However, I agree that it would at least be something to go off.

I agree, the days are a bit too long IMO. Why not cut them a bit shorter, with the possibility of an extension?

The days definitely are too long. Also, with the "banked days" addition to the game, we may be looking at a full month long day. This could get very slow.

I don't see what we gain by not lynching on Day 1. It didn't work out that well even in the last game. We just went into Day 2 with no info and had to make a random lynch anyway. With a large pool of players we have more leeway even if we lynch a townie..so I am voting for a lynch.

Who to lynch? JohnGato. He is the only one who has not posted yet and an inactive townie is useless even if he is a power role. :suicidebastard:

Agreed. As long as we have nothing else to go off of, we might as well lynch inactive.

Unvote: Daimos

Posted Image

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
MOD: Is there a chance we could renegotiate day-lengths?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
VOTE COUNT
JohnGato (2): Imran Ehsan, OrangeRush7
BeeBs (1): Electric Mango
Daimos (1): Angel Cruz dela Sant
Electric Mango (1): Rafay
KevinH (1): Nerau
Nerau (1): ccabal86

No-Lynch (1): KevinH

Not Voting (8): ABigDeer, Alternate_Tree, BeeBs, cam177, Daimos, JohnGato, reign of terror, Xx Karl xX

With 16 Alive, 9 is needed to lynch.

If majority of the players wants to shorten the days,
I will decrease it to 9 days. The maximum w/ the "banked days"
would be 18 days.

Edited by Kaziocore, 16 May 2012 - 09:22 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
I'm FOR the change

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Daimos

Daimos

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 45 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:305440
Oh hell, I am going to be bad at this game. I tend to edit a lot of my post for a number of different reasons i.e. spelling, bad grammar. English is not my first language.

Oddly enough in this instance I edited because I copy and pasted Electric Mango’s post creating a double quote on him. I just wanted to tidy up my post heh.

This game is way more advance than I thought haha. Mod is doing a great job in setting the atmosphere and the sophistication of the strategy that is being discussed is impressive. Most I do not understand by the way haha.

I If you can vote and unvote people is it a good idea to vote now and see how people react? I agree the days are too long.

I vote JohnGato as a fellow Pacifican, his inactivity is shaming our alliance. Inactivity = Death!

Alternate_Tree

Alternate_Tree

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 618 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:495854
  • Souls Baptized:338,846
  • Squadron:Delta
I'm in for the day change, with days that long I feel we would just get down to meaningless quibbling.

I can also get behind the lynching of inactive players, they won't help either side in any way, but I'll hold off killing for a day yet.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

BeeBs

BeeBs

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 417 posts
  • Resources:
Vote: Change the Length

I'm probably on board to vote for JohnGato. However, he still has a few days to jump in before D1 is out. I would not be for ending the day because he was inactive without giving him closer to the full (amended) deadline.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter