Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KZ-02] SANE END: Madness Metropolis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
638 replies to this topic

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000
  • Squadron:Kilo
VOTE COUNT
JohnGato (6): Imran Ehsan, OrangeRush7, reign of terror, cam177, Rafay, Daimos L-3
BeeBs (1): Electric Mango
Daimos (1): Angel Cruz dela Sant
KevinH (1): Nerau
Nerau (1): ccabal86

No-Lynch (1): KevinH

Not Voting (5): ABigDeer, Alternate_Tree, BeeBs, JohnGato, Xx Karl xX

With 16 Alive, 9 is needed to lynch.

I'm finding a replacement for JohnGato

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118
Well thats good a replacement. No unnecessary kill. But now again we have to decide who to lynch on D1 as per our strategy. But it also tells something last game Nerau was inactive hence lynched Kaz didn't replace. But he did replace Theopolis and Emmanuel with Karl cuz their role was a cop. Could it be that John Gato and his replacement are cops.

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
It's always a gamble trying to read the mod and I don't even want to start to try to get into Kaz's head :D

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

OrangeRush7

OrangeRush7

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 597 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:495737
  • Souls Baptized:7,874
  • Squadron:Alpha
Yeah, let's not read too far into that. That didn't work out too well last time.

On another note, we will need a new plan if JohnGato does get replaced. At the moment, I'm leaning towards a no-lynch, simply because there isn't enough information to make a good decision as to whom to lynch. Now I'm fairly new to Mafia, so I don't know whether or not this is the best decision. However, the odds are definitely in favor of killing a random townie. What are some of your more experienced ideas on this matter everyone? Is it usually a good idea or not to lynch on day 1?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

Is it usually a good idea or not to lynch on day 1?

This made me smile.

Almost every game has a debate about no-lynching on day 1. I almost always favor a no-lynch. Exceptions are when there is a greater probability that there is not a cop (we were given scenarios one game) or when I had to vote for someone else to save my own skin.

I don't always win the argument and we usually lynch a townie. I say "I told you so" but nobody ever seems to think that only the scum benefit from an extra dead townie.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Electric Mango

Electric Mango

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,184 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:056017
Counter argument in 3.....2......1.....

Except that if we don't lynch we wake up tomorrow with one dead townie and know nothing more than what we know right now. Sure the cop will investigate but will most likely finding a townie. Even if he did investigate scum he won't be able to let us know without blowing his cover. The most common way of hunting scum is to analyze voting patterns and the more lynches we have, the better our odds increase.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

cam177

cam177

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 92 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:330660
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
Due to the fact that a replacement is coming into the game i here byUnlynch: JohnGato

Posted Image

BeeBs

BeeBs

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 417 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:468658
I hope that replacement comes through. That would be a much better situation.

If it does, I guess the scummiest thing I've seen so far is:

Well might as well get this over with quickly.

Except where we have problems with the scum dominating out discussion this doesn't ever seem to be a good idea for the town. I don't think that is the case here, so it doesn't seem like it is pro-town.
Enough to vote on? We'll see.
Plus, who knows what level of quad-reverse psychology Rafay is playing this game! :P

The lynch/no-lynch thing, the way I see it, has clear benefits each way. I think it is a strategy decision that should be evaluated in a game by game basis not as a blanket doctrine. Unfortunately, I think, the way both ElectricMango and KevinH approach it is the later. Here, I think with so many townies and so much room for back and forth, strategy wise, the no-lynch argument is more persuasive than usual. However, it's always a shame walking into D2 with nothing.

To KavinH's point, you may say I told you so, but the goal wasn't necessarily to not lynch a townie. On the contrary, that is sort of the assumed sacrifice and risk. When we do, theoretically, the benefit of the D2 voting pattern outweighs the loss of the single townie. So, you might say "I told you so", but I don't think anyone ever contends that it is likely that we'll lynch a scum. Therefore, it seems like your retort is a little off the mark.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

cam177

cam177

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 92 posts
  • Resources:
Mod any idea if you will shorten the days?

Posted Image

Kaziocore

Kaziocore

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,074 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:320094
  • Souls Baptized:Over 9000

Mod any idea if you will shorten the days?

I will shorten the days starting on DAY 2
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mafia fail statistics: 13 Wins (11T/1M/1O), 7 Loses (6T/1O), 4 Draws/Abandoned
Code Geass Mafia is currently looking for players. Come play with us!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
Ugh, I'd rather conclude the day sooner. No sense in waiting around for that long, especially on day one.

Unvote
Vote: No-lynch

While it would be horrible if we had a repetition of last game's "No info on Day 2" events, I would cautiously agree with those who think that flavor hints at the presence of a psychopath. This means that we MAY see two nightkills. If that is the case, we can ill-afford to lynch a third townie.

I'd rather sit through Night 1 and begin lynching from there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Imran Ehsan

Imran Ehsan

Minister of Internal Affairs

• Council Member
  • 13,148 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:474454
  • Souls Baptized:7,295,300
  • Discord ID:Imran#8180
Good point ccabal. Psychopath looks very likely in this game. And since MOD is looking for a replacement I will go with the no lynch option on Day 1 too.

Unvote: JohnGato

Vote: No Lynch

Classified Intel on Empire of Imran:

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

BeeBs

BeeBs

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 417 posts
  • Resources:

I will shorten the days starting on DAY 2

Ugh, I'd rather conclude the day sooner. No sense in waiting around for that long, especially on day one.

Hopefully this is too afford more time to get a replacement and let him/her get aquatinted with the game.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Daimos

Daimos

Freshly IRONed

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 45 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:305440
In favor of shorter days :)

Xx Karl xX

Xx Karl xX

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,478 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492664
  • Souls Baptized:4815162342

Good point ccabal. Psychopath looks very likely in this game. And since MOD is looking for a replacement I will go with the no lynch option on Day 1 too.

Ya i think No lynch is pretty much our only good option here since our unactive is gonna be replaced and since there isn't any information we have to go off of to even make a decent vote. let's hope that nothing too insane happens during the night :panicmode:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Total Wars Fought:

Rogues: 2, VE: 5, Sparta: 4

Equilibrium War Stats:
Against VE nation #1: Soldiers Lost: 13,283 -- Infra Lost: 311.19 -- Land Lost: 6,072.29 -- NUKES EATEN: 5
Against VE nation #2: Soldiers Lost: 7,530-- Infra Lost: 251.73-- Land Lost: 8,930.64-- NUKES EATEN: 6
Against VE nation #3: Nothin, cuz he's a pansy
Against VE nation #4: Soldiers Lost: 2,706 -- Infra Lost: 65.06 -- Land Lost: 2,281.09 -- NUKES EATEN: 2

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Alternate_Tree

Alternate_Tree

Cast IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 618 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:495854
  • Souls Baptized:338,846
  • Squadron:Delta
I can accept no lynch as the best option

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

cam177

cam177

Forged

• NM|Registered Users
  • 92 posts
  • Resources:
Sorry forgot to put this in one of my last posts Vote: No lynch

Posted Image

OrangeRush7

OrangeRush7

Cast IRON

• NM|Registered Users
  • 597 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:495737
  • Souls Baptized:7,874
Psychopath is the same thing as serial killer, correct?

And I agree on no-lynch. We just don't have enough information to get a good vote.

Vote: No-Lynch

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

BeeBs

BeeBs

Quenched

• NM|Registered Users
  • 417 posts
  • Resources:
Yikes. Things are really swaying around in this game so far. Scum will probably take advantage of that quickly as our numbers dwindle.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Xx Karl xX

Xx Karl xX

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,478 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:492664
  • Souls Baptized:4815162342

Yikes. Things are really swaying around in this game so far. Scum will probably take advantage of that quickly as our numbers dwindle.

Ya i know, we went from like 5 votes to lynch straight to like 5 votes for no lynch. looks like we are all playing the part of the Mad town pretty well lol
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Total Wars Fought:

Rogues: 2, VE: 5, Sparta: 4

Equilibrium War Stats:
Against VE nation #1: Soldiers Lost: 13,283 -- Infra Lost: 311.19 -- Land Lost: 6,072.29 -- NUKES EATEN: 5
Against VE nation #2: Soldiers Lost: 7,530-- Infra Lost: 251.73-- Land Lost: 8,930.64-- NUKES EATEN: 6
Against VE nation #3: Nothin, cuz he's a pansy
Against VE nation #4: Soldiers Lost: 2,706 -- Infra Lost: 65.06 -- Land Lost: 2,281.09 -- NUKES EATEN: 2

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter