Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Simultaneous Attacks in Paris

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976
  • Squadron:Kilo
So, it seems there's been multiple Islamist terror attacks in Paris, in at least 6 locations, it's all over the news.

Maybe it's fucking time to end the tiptoeing and steamroll ISIS into the ground?

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Yehom

Yehom

Honour Addict

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 8,150 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:398342
  • Souls Baptized:9,016,511
Has it been confirmed that ISIS is behind this? At this moment according to the Dutch news, there was a hostage situation going on at the Bataclan theatre which just ended. About a hundred people were held hostage, can't imagine how does people felt during all of that.

Retired
Posted Image

Former member of VoC

Former Foxtrot MS, Echo XO, Foxtrot CO and Delta CO

For continued dedication and tenacity, both as warriors and as military officers. Yehom has been fighting with both his own nation and one he's been sitting and has been effective. He has also been pounding the pavement as Commanding Officer making sure every enemy has been covered.

Yehom has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat

Yeah, please cut the "islamist" line out of roulation for 24h. First the incidents need to be resolved, then all them "newspeople" can go ham on it all they like.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
Whoever they are, roll them hard.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Yeah, please cut the "islamist" line out of roulation for 24h. First the incidents need to be resolved, then all them "newspeople" can go ham on it all they like.

I think it's a pretty safe bet, If I had money on it, I wouldn't be much worried of losing it.

Plus, the attackers at the club shouted "Allah Akbar" so there's that

Edited by ccabal86, 14 November 2015 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Aristotle the Great

Aristotle the Great

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 1,744 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:581417
  • Souls Baptized:405,797
  • Discord ID:Aristotle the Great
#prayforparis

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Rafay

Rafay

Tempered IRON

• BR|Member
  • 4,450 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:607118

Death to enemies of Peace. #liveandletlive

rafaysig2.png

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
According to Hollande it was ISIS. Not surprised, they already said they had agents infiltrating with the migrants. This is probably just the beginning though, this will soon become the norm if drastic security measures are not taken.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

I think it's a pretty safe bet, If I had money on it, I wouldn't be much worried of losing it.

Plus, the attackers at the club shouted "Allah Akbar" so there's that

Betting is done for sport, not for "who's the next death".

We can discuss and analyse the situation years to come, but the first thing should be to normalize the situation on the ground. There is a reason why (west-)european newsagency's in general took virtual ages to drop the term "IS", its cause we 1) wait for confirmation / 2) don't just intend to flare up views.

Heck, the word "possible connection to" is still being used for half a dozen of terrorist affilated attacks on european soil the past decade. The need for some news providers to be judge/jury/executioner is in itself borderline criminal.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
ISIS itself has claimed to be behind the attacks. Everything now points in that direction.

The question is will Europe's leaders finally pull their heads out of their ass and face the reality of just how disastrous the security situation is. Decades of neglecting to develop military capabilities, lax border controls and immigration policies, and foreing policy failures have led to where we are now. Hell, German and Swedish authorities can't even give a ballpark figure about how many recent migrants they have, let alone who they are. As long as hundreds of thousands of vagrants can come and go as they like all across Europe, you will have infiltrating terrorists and other undesirables with them.

So even though I'm horrified at these most recent attacks, I am unsurprised. Furthermore I won't be surprised when the next one inevitably happens, because it's all coded in the weakness of the system.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Robert2424

Robert2424

Minister of Defense (P&W)

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,720 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:538459
  • Souls Baptized:4,412,595
Well. I'm not entirely sure. Course I live in America. The news yesterday, was the FBI was going to investigate also and the believed initially that Isis probably wasn't the ones responsible. Saying that "too well organized". So they went off and blamed al queda.

But if Isis claims they did it, they probably have a hand in it I imagine. I don't believe everything I hear on the news.

Isis should be dealt with for sure. But this " airstrike them till they surrender " isn't going to happen. It'll require boots on the ground and that is something people don't want. Sure we can clear out the threat in one country but they'll flee into another. So unless we have the freedom to engage them anywhere, they are unfortunately going to regroup and strike again. I don't see this ending anytime soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Doom War Damage Rank) 35: Robert2424 - 21 - 67,720.61 - 28,156.05 - 96,651.47

Posted Image

Robert2424 has been Baptized in Fire and Blood and Emerged as IRON!

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

ISIS itself has claimed to be behind the attacks. Everything now points in that direction.

The question is will Europe's leaders finally pull their heads out of their ass and face the reality of just how disastrous the security situation is. Decades of neglecting to develop military capabilities, lax border controls and immigration policies, and foreing policy failures have led to where we are now. Hell, German and Swedish authorities can't even give a ballpark figure about how many recent migrants they have, let alone who they are. As long as hundreds of thousands of vagrants can come and go as they like all across Europe, you will have infiltrating terrorists and other undesirables with them.

So even though I'm horrified at these most recent attacks, I am unsurprised. Furthermore I won't be surprised when the next one inevitably happens, because it's all coded in the weakness of the system.

Yes they claimed it, today. Which neither confirms it nor justifies the immedeat "IT's THEM ISIS FELLOWS" some immedeatly spouted.

pffft disastrous security situation, if europe's disastrous, I don't even want to describe how you'd call other parts of the world.

We have military, we have NATO, we don't need a barrack every other city cause we got rid of that mentality during 2 wars that devastated our lands. Alot of this "mess" was frstly made by the colonizers (which my nation can also be held accountable for, no doubt about that), the sad thing is that the mess is inherited by others that seek to profit from it personall instead of seek to make a coherent society of equals.

You want to call EU on there "laxness", well I think "this side" likes our approach more then a "shoot first, wonder who still breaths" some other nations employ.

What we have lost is the use of UN peacekeepers (blue helmets) being a force of peace. The only time these days the UN gets mentioned is about their inability to go nuclear on some asshat who might be hurting more civilians under his care then he saves them. Wonder who started that mentality?

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
Europe has NATO, that's been mostly freeloading off the exorbitant military spending of the US. Problem is, post-coldwar the Americans have lost their enthusiasm for footing our bill. You claim to have sufficient military strength, but I'd like to see NATO mounting even a medium expeditionary operation without US contribution. Defense spendings in the EU are still declining, while everywhere else, they're on the rise. It will end well, I'm sure.

As for colonialism, we need to get over ourselves for continuously apologizing for it. It was still a hell of a lot better than some of the regimes that followed, not to mention the failed states where movements like Al-Shabab or ISIS can flourish.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Shahenshah

Shahenshah

Minister of the Dark Arts

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 9,117 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:162944
  • Souls Baptized:1,876,873
The Iraq war has a lot more influence than colonialism did on ISIS.

Regardless, ISIS needs to be handled and taken for seriously and wiped out. Stop supporting ISIS proxies and start supporting those fighting them on the ground. That's step 1. I'm sorry but, you can't just keep on going, creating and funding wars for regime changes and expect the mess to remain contained.

This all mess will require multiple changes in policies.
0. Enforce border controls, make it smooth for those holding valid documents.
1. Stop policing the world, enforcing regime changes, supporting aparthied and brutal regimes, overtly and covertly.
2. Money saved from point 1. can be invested to improve border controls, security and prison systems.
3. Kick out hate preachers. Define a line between hate speech and free speech. Extremists and right wingers have exploited this alot and IMO now is the time to draw a line.
4. One time exception on point 1 to knock out ISIS, clean up the mess created by the interventions.

Tldr stop playing our throat slasher> other throat slasher, they're all the same. Knock them all out and don't do this again. No lessons have been learnt from Iraqi intervention, same mistakes were repeated in Libya and then Syria. No lessons were learnt from creating and funding Al Qaeda too in the past. The blowback you receive is peanuts versus what the moderate Muslims receive, hundreds of thousands dead in interventions and subsequent mess that follows. Please, do yourself and us a favor, stop using these lunatics as a foriegn policy tool. While what happened in Paris is unfortunate, but moderate Muslims face this on weekly and monthly basis. Offcourse, Rupert Murdoch doesn't offer the same level of coverage. In my view, a death of a human is a death, be it in Paris or be it in Beirut or Baghdad or Benghazi.

The moderate Muslims need to play more proactive role, and not let ISIS and Rupert Murdoch's noise drown our voices out. We can all blame others for the mess, ultimately, it is our own internal weaknesses in education and governance that allows outsiders to interfere and non state actors like ISIS to run amok. You got to be strong internally in governance, economy, culture, be whatever it maybe, and ultimately defense. You don't get interfered with if you have solid trade connections and nice missiles, preferably nukes or at minimum, one of those, else you end up like Iran under Shah, or Iraq or Libya or Syria or Vietnam or several Central and South American states etc. Give respect, earn respect and keep your own house in order. Wipe out the extremists, give no excuse interventions. They haven't done anyone any good whatsoever. Wipe out ISIS, wipe out Taliban, wipe them all out, don't let them be funded, don't give any excuses to future Blairs and Bushes. Keep your house in order, make trade more beneficial than war. Its a dog eat dog world, meh.

The perpetrators are known in all these cases. While we can all have different points regarding foriegn policies and the extent of negative impacts, I believe we can all agree that ISIS needs to be wiped out with utmost priority

Edited by Shahenshah, 14 November 2015 - 07:12 PM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Europe has NATO, that's been mostly freeloading off the exorbitant military spending of the US. Problem is, post-coldwar the Americans have lost their enthusiasm for footing our bill. You claim to have sufficient military strength, but I'd like to see NATO mounting even a medium expeditionary operation without US contribution. Defense spendings in the EU are still declining, while everywhere else, they're on the rise. It will end well, I'm sure.

Well we all know what the supposed bad things are for when a group of people get stuff for free...

As for colonialism, we need to get over ourselves for continuously apologizing for it. It was still a hell of a lot better than some of the regimes that followed, not to mention the failed states where movements like Al-Shabab or ISIS can flourish.

I consider the mistakes made during colonialism to been made during said timeperiod. Thing is, just saying "it happended in the past" doesn't excuse us from basic human dignity we so hold dear to aid the people who still feel the woe's of said colonial time.

The Iraq war has a lot more influence than colonialism did on ISIS.

As I said, 1 lead to the next, stuff doesn't materialize out of thin air, thats quantum physics hocus pocus, not real life tragedy's.

Regardless, ISIS needs to be handled and taken for seriously and wiped out. Stop supporting ISIS proxies and start supporting those fighting them on the ground. That's step 1. I'm sorry but, you can't just keep on going, creating and funding wars for regime changes and expect the mess to remain contained.

This all mess will require multiple changes in policies.
0. Enforce border controls, make it smooth for those holding valid documents.
1. Stop policing the world, enforcing regime changes, supporting aparthied and brutal regimes, overtly and covertly.
2. Money saved from point 1. can be invested to improve border controls, security and prison systems.
3. Kick out hate preachers. Define a line between hate speech and free speech. Extremists and right wingers have exploited this alot and IMO now is the time to draw a line.
4. One time exception on point 1 to knock out ISIS, clean up the mess created by the interventions.

Tldr stop playing our throat slasher> other throat slasher, they're all the same. Knock them all out.

0. Works plenty well thusfar, you can't keep every boogyman out nor can you predict which of the current residents turns into one
1. coudln't agree more, bad part is that people also hold the idea that friends should be helped, even if said friends did a boo-boo
2. Money from 1. should be pumped into society, not to keep society even more devided
3. You'd be surprised how many get put before a judge here, it just happens that the internet made borders opsolute (lol word, meh google)
4. clean up should for me be done globally, not 1 pantsy to go out and take all the flak

@the rest, all correct, sadly :(

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782

You okay Betsy? I just heard they are making arrests in Brussels in connection to the Paris attack. Isn't that your neighborhood?

As you all know, I am very American. In my view, an attack on France is an attack on us all, and I will stand with my ancestral cousins to the bitter end. I know Americans died there too. ISIS has claimed responsibility, and Hollande has declared it "an act of war"... I really don't know what that means in French. I guess we will find out in the coming days.

I am exhausted with these continuous attacks. When a terrorist group does something like this, I can't believe I hear things like, "Well, which terrorist group?... We don't want to blame the wrong terrorist group do we?" I can't explain how stupid that sounds. To me, they are terrorists... different shades of the same flag. I have no problem with the people. I have a problem with a religion that has zealots mass murdering other people in the name of their god. It's like a Satanist cult recruiting acolytes, setting up "chapels" and performing mass human sacrifice while they chant gibberish. This must end.

It's not our job to change a religion to be able to live peacefully with us. It's not our job to tolerate a religion until they just get tired of killing us. It's not our job to understand a religion... it's not our job, it's not our job... We don't care, we just want them to stop killing us.

When you have a contagious, incurable disease outbreak... you contain it, quarantine it, and burn it out until it dies... or it will kill everyone. I don't see a difference here.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

While Belgium may be small compared to other nations, Brussels is still far away. And I heared about it, something about a french citizen living in Brussels hiring the cars used before and during the acts. As for belgium not being "on the ball", this happended just shortly after Charlie Hebdo this januari, but as always it is generally after facts surface that such things happen. We can only hope that there are also interventions prior to the culmination of acts.

As for France's reply, well they already had scheduled their aircraft carrier to go to the middle east (one of the supporting corvette's is a belgian one even). The thing is that just outside interference does nothing but stomp out the current "evil" only to instill another generation with the knowledge of "they just come in and do what they like".

The middle east will work itself out in 2 ways, firstly and my personal choice: with itself under support with the rest of the world. The second is to "carpet nuke" the place, I haven't heared of cockroach terrorists yet but anything else is gone so that should fix it.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
I'd like to add to point "0", border controls are working anything BUT effectively. Right now, Osama bin Laden himself could have hitched a ferry from Turkey to Greece and eventually made it to Germany to be greeted with warm tea and blankets by idiots who have lost their instincts for self-preservation. Good thing the US took care of him, because, boy, would that be an embarrassment...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

I'd like to add to point "0", border controls are working anything BUT effectively. Right now, Osama bin Laden himself could have hitched a ferry from Turkey to Greece and eventually made it to Germany to be greeted with warm tea and blankets by idiots who have lost their instincts for self-preservation. Good thing the US took care of him, because, boy, would that be an embarrassment...

yeah the US took care of that, gratz

now do tell me, how many "illegal" mexicans are in the US? >_>

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
I hear it's around 11.5 million people and a good portion of them are hard-working people that pay their taxes. But what's that have to do with the situation in Europe?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users