Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
792 replies to this topic

Tithan

Tithan

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 56 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621527
  • Souls Baptized:N/A
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:N/A

Just last week I completed a 4 week business trip through the western United States.  Since it was going to be a 4 week trip my company said I could take my wife and 2 kids with me.  We started in mid California then to Las Vegas.  Went down to Phoenix then on to Tucson.  Stopped at Las Cruces, New Mexico then made our way back to Las Angeles, then to San Francisco and finally back to Portland, Oregon.  Everything was fine when we left then it all began breaking lose when we got to Vegas.  Things began to get weird in Ne Mexico, that was when we began to find empty store shelves.  Got to Las Angeles and everyone in the hotels were wearing masks.  My company sent me a letter that I could give to anyone stating I was travelling for essential business as I provide bulk chemicals for large hospital laundries.  Finally got back home and have had a difficult time getting the house restocked with food and stuff since we were gone for so long.  In my opinion this virus is here and it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  I understand the intent of the stay at home orders is to prevent the medical system from being over loaded.  But everyone is going to be exposed to it, probably already have.  It was in China for 2 months while they kept a lid on it.  Asymptomatic individuals can spread it without knowing they have it.  So unless everyone dresses in complete PPE every time we go anywhere then there is nothing we can do other than to unfortunately let it run its course.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

That was some journey. Being on the road that long, through all those places, and getting back without trouble is damn good. Determination will get what you need, stay healthy, and take care of those kids. We're all gonna be okay. Good luck!

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

And yes we already know where this virus came from, then again I doubt you believe epidemiologists like you not believe climatologists, so why would I even try...

I don't believe what they say because I don't trust who is paying them to say it.

Aaah the conspiracy is about again. Let us all ignore the professionals in the field but stake our undying faith in the guy who has shown to be a master of truth...

I don't believe that stupid graph in the picture with Trump either. I don't believe 2.2 million people would have died of Covid in the US if we did nothing. I don't believe 240,000 people will die in the US of Covid now. I believe those numbers are intended to make everyone look like they did everything right in the end... because the number will be much lower. Everyone ends up a hero.

Possibly, then again every politicians likes to make himself sound good after the fact.

I believe the US is shut down right now because it's an election year, the economy has always been Trump's "Achilles Heel", and they failed completely at bringing forward any candidate that could possibly bring Trump down. Impeachment failed. China doesn't like their trade deals, so they wanted to buy the next President with Bloomberg. They failed. Bernie is crazy. Biden is brain dead. Release a semi-dangerous virus, and the frightened people will do the rest. I believe China has gone back to their old playbook, and anyone that still knows the history knows they love to control the masses with genocide.

Read paragraph 1.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Let us all ignore the professionals in the field but stake our undying faith in the guy who has shown to be a master of truth...

Let us all ignore the results of his policies, but stake our undying faith in the people who are shown to be the masters of hate.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

So, how about the guy who wanted to run a TRAIN into the HOSPITAL SHIP, to "expose the truth" or something. Gawd :picard:

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

So, how about the guy who wanted to run a TRAIN into the HOSPITAL SHIP, to "expose the truth" or something. Gawd :picard:

Like Bruce Willis said in Die Hard... "Fuckin' California"

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600902
  • Souls Baptized:1,518,583

Yeah, I saw that earlier today.

Here's a link to the story from The Washington Post if anyone is interested.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/02/train-derails-usns-mercy-coronavirus/

Idiots like that are everywhere.  On the last day that I went to work I was listening to the Morning Show on K97.  Terry and Pete were talking about
a post that was made on the station's Face Book wall by someone called Dennis.  Dennis claimed that the "virus didn't exist, and that it was
all a big conspiracy to move towards a cashless society.  The hosts' comments were hilarious.  "Dennis you're an idiot."  "Dennis, go lick a window."

Sorry, if I get a bit disjointed, I'm making a pot of homemade soup.

Just saw on CBC, alcohol sales are up nationally by 40% this month.  That accounts for the poor selection at the Beer Store tonight.  Jesus, I was getting a bit worried there.

To get back to something.  Lys, you mentioned earlier today that you don't trust the epidemiologists, because:

"I don't believe what they say because I don't trust who is paying them to say it."

Well, given that the epidemiologists are, for the most part, civil servants or work in publicly funded institutions.  The the short but correct response is you are paying them to say "it".

Just some food for tought.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

alcohol sales are up nationally by 40% this month

Up 55% in the US

To get back to something. Lys, you mentioned earlier today that you don't trust the epidemiologists, because: "I don't believe what they say because I don't trust who is paying them to say it."

Go back and absorb the context of the conversation. Trump was accused of not believing the virus is real. I said everybody knows the virus is real. We have very different opinions on how to deal with the virus. I said that we get the same treatment with the issue of climate change. We always get accused of not believing... and I said I believe the climate is changing, but I don't believe it's the end of the world. So, when I said I don't trust who is paying them to say it... I was talking about climate change.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Let us all ignore the professionals in the field but stake our undying faith in the guy who has shown to be a master of truth...

Let us all ignore the results of his policies, but stake our undying faith in the people who are shown to be the masters of hate.

Trumps first policies, or rather ramblings, about corona were to downplay it and state all was well. Then it went into conspiracy territory with the "(Dem) hoax" responce. Later he was patting himself on the back cause he was the first to consider the grave danger and had acted accordingly to it and Easter would be glorious. Last week he only wants to help governers who were "nice" and "appreciative" to him. This week he once again drew the white rabbit out of his hat and put man-of-thousand-talents Kushner on the case. Now he wants a parade if the deaths keep below 200k!

Believe me when I say this: "a politician has lessons to be learned from Trump's dismissive playbook." The guy will take credit for only the good things his mind conjured up while he is openly praising himself for the things his mind conjured up 2 min previously.

Not to speak about the absolute maniacle mess his administration actually is. Take in point affor mentioned Kushner. He gets dragged on stage and states openly that the Strategic National Stockpile is Federal only and the states can go piss into the wind. Heck when the WH or the administration at large gets questioned about this they go George Orwell on PHE page specific to that stockpile. (1) (2) Best for last: (3)

Like Bruce Willis said in Die Hard... "Fuckin' California"

Yeah, conspiracy theorists are a danger to others, who could have known...

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
Believe me when I say this: "a politician has lessons to be learned from Trump's dismissive playbook."

You should revisit all the wonderful musings from Democrats back when Trump shut down all travel from China. It's not his fault that other countries did not do the same. Trump said that we should try Hydroxychloroquine as an anti-viral. Because they hate Trump more than they love their people, Democrat Governors came out in mass to ban the use of Hydroxychloroquine against Covid. Now they are all retracting their bans, and begging for the drug. You got to love Gavin... his ex-wife is now with Don Jr.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/im-not-doing-it-to-kiss-the-ring-gavin-newsom-praises-proactive-relationship-with-trump

So, my guess is you're not voting to reelect Trump in November?

I don't believe Trump is counting on those Electoral Votes from the "Great State of Belgium".

And this just in from ex-Obama Guru David Plouffe:

https://hotair.com/archives/karen-townsend/2020/04/02/plouffe-trumps-going-win-november-know/

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Believe me when I say this: "a politician has lessons to be learned from Trump's dismissive playbook."

You should revisit all the wonderful musings from Democrats back when Trump shut down all travel from China. It's not his fault that other countries did not do the same. Trump said that we should try Hydroxychloroquine as an anti-viral. Because they hate Trump more than they love their people, Democrat Governors came out in mass to ban the use of Hydroxychloroquine against Covid. Now they are all retracting their bans, and begging for the drug. You got to love Gavin... his ex-wife is now with Don Jr.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/im-not-doing-it-to-kiss-the-ring-gavin-newsom-praises-proactive-relationship-with-trump

Yes the US was first on the travel ban wagon, not really a surprise knowing Trump's history with issuing such bans. The US started a halfbid ban on inbound travel from China on the 2nd of februari, with mostly voluntairy 14-day quarantines for non-Wuhan related travel. The virus already arrived 15 Januari from a returning american who visited family in Wuhan. The first in person disease generating infection happended 26th of Februari. No country put up a ban fast enough to be safe. Also from March 14 the US restricted travel from non-US citizens coming from Europe (Schengen to be exact) but by then it was already clear that the virus got in. So once again, yes the US was early on the travel wagon, sadly the US's bans weren't wide enough in scope.

Yes Hydroxychloroquine (and Chloroquine) have shown limited positive effects in diseased patients in a limited study. No it shoudln't be taken as an anti-viral nor should it be taken without doctor supervision. The reason those drugs were restricted was cause shortages were expected (and did happen!) for the actual diseases they were first created, for example reumatic patients or malaria sufferers. Also cause you can quite easily overdose on these drugs and get a heart attack. The drug is still undergoing multiple and wide clinic trials about any positive effects versus Covid-19. If and when they get deemed beneficial they still should only be taken under doctor supeervision and solely by actual Covid-19 sufferers! heck the hype brought forwards not just by Trump about it probably led to various deaths (not in least the fishtank couple). That said they probably are indeed beneficial, if only cause they were found equally beneficial against the former Covid-19 related virus (SARS).

And yes people are kissing the ring while stating they aren't doing it. Trump lifes on ego-strokes. As is clear with his statements surrounding releasing federal aid to various governers.

So, my guess is you're not voting to reelect Trump in November?
I don't believe Trump is counting on those Electoral Votes from the "Great State of Belgium".

What does my (in)ability to vote in an american election have anything to do with this?

Anyway, I leave you with the most recent gaff. Trump blames pre-Covid tests for Covid to be broken. In honouring this wise man I shall destroy my stash of anti-virals I got for the 2036 viral pandemic...

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

What does my (in)ability to vote in an american election have anything to do with this?

Everything you have to say here is your criticism and hatred for an American President. So, it has everything to do with it.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Yes critisism, no hate. Yes to schadenfreude.

And nothing stops you from ignoring my replies, thou going for the "you got no bone in this fight" seems more like deflection then actual wanting to reply to my rebukes.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Yes critisism, no hate. Yes to schadenfreude.

And nothing stops you from ignoring my replies, thou going for the "you got no bone in this fight" seems more like deflection then actual wanting to reply to my rebukes.

We call it TDS here. Trump Derangement Syndrome. You can boil it down to the basics and you'll find that the only real reason they hate him so much is because he ran as a Republican. If he ran as a Democrat, he never would have won the nomination. He's a billionaire, so they would have never elected him, but they would still love him as "their billionaire". His policies on the other hand, are no longer acceptable by Progressives, so he chose wisely.

No bone in the fight? The European in you is showing. We would say "dog in the fight", or "horse in the race". Everyone has a right to their opinion... misguided as they may be. I do ignore most of what you say, but I will offer my opinion, and most of the time, when it is my opinion, I will tell you it's my opinion... and I will call you out on blatant bullshit. I expect the same.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

"Go back and absorb the context of the conversation. Trump was accused of not believing the virus is real. I said everybody knows the virus is real. We have very different opinions on how to deal with the virus. I said that we get the same treatment with the issue of climate change. We always get accused of not believing... and I said I believe the climate
is changing, but I don't believe it's the end of the world. So, when I said I don't trust who is paying them to say it... I was talking about climate change."

My mistake Lys, I stand corrected.  More likely than not, had a bit to do with the tasty scotch I was drinking at the time.

I'd like to make a request, this is not directed at anyone in particular.  Let's leave the partisan bickering out of this.  I'd personally like to see this topic as a place where we can discuss what's happening in our localities, share information, and share our stories.  

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

had a bit to do with the tasty scotch I was drinking at the time.

I started with... you guessed it... a Bay Breeze. I then went directly to a bottle of Meiomi Pinot Noir... it's awesome!

I'd like to make a request, this is not directed at anyone in particular. Let's leave the partisan bickering out of this. I'd personally like to see this topic as a place where we can discuss what's happening in our localities, share information, and share our stories.

Very reasonable request, and I my friend, will grant your wish. Hope all is well to the north.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

We are doing well enough.  Hope things are going well with you. 

Wine!  Can't do wine anymore, makes me sick as a dog.

Personally bored out of my mind, at least I was able to find one of my favourite games on Steam, Sid Myers: Pirates.  Damn good game and a great time waster.

Read this last night on CBC, seems the snake oil salespeople are taking advantage of this whole situation to fatten their wallets.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/false-advertising-covid-19-fake-medical-advice-1.5520301

Sick Bastards.  I'm hoping some of these "people" get prosecuted. 

I have a friend who is really into this nonsense.  I was speaking to her earlier this week, and she was advising me to get an oil diffuser and what oils we needed to buy to ward off the virus.

This is the same person who tried to convince me to get rid of my microwave because they are "evil".  In that they are "full of radiation, and she saw a video on Youtube where someone gave microwaved water to a plant and the plant died, because the radiation killed all the nutrients in the water."

I swear, I am not making this up.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

What's even more depraved is hospitals being targeted by hackers and cryptoviruses: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/coronavirus-hackers-cybercrime-phishing

This one is truly fucking low, albeit unsurprising.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Witness

Witness

Freshly IRONed

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 30 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:622126
  • Souls Baptized:0
  • Squadron:Alpha
  • Discord ID:Witness

Can we all just agree the politics part of the coranavirus is an absolute shitshow....business as usual. Its not just republicans or democrats or Trump or the media..... Its politicians and their fucking pundits. All of them are guilty of being incompetent fuckwad queefnuggets. EVERY DAMNED ONE. The NWO is upon us anyhow, they will all soon be irrelevant. #IlluminationIsComing

That being said, the quality of behavior by the majority of average citizens is at least admirable. Sure there are satellite cases of highly impressionable and paranoid people acting beyond there usual character. But thats the case in most times of crisis. 

In the end this is a teachable moment for the human species. The question is are we willing to learn? Or will we close our minds and seal our inevitable doom with ignorance? Sounds like a good topic for a poll.

Posted Image
Want some background music by me? Click that^

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

DeathMerchant

DeathMerchant

IRONclad

• Military - Radar Leadership
  • 6,498 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:156811

Got a couple updates to share.

Yesterday at my job, a second individual was confirmed to have the virus. They were in the same department (Grocery) as the prior confirmed case, so its possible both cases are related. My company brought in a cleaning crew to sanitize the entire facility, including my department (Perishable) just to be on the safe side. My company also hired warehouse employees from Whole Foods and Sysco (Sysco is a distributor for restaurants) which were furloughed. They cheaply sold my company part of their food stockpiles so the product wouldn't expire. That brings our number of 3rd party contract companies up to 4. 2 3rd party contract companies in Perishable, and now 2 in our Grocery department. The plan is to have massive amounts of manpower at our disposal, in the event a large number of employees become sick or are forced to quarantine. Closure is not an option, if supermarkets don't have food available to sell, society will subsequently break down. Panic is setting in for some of our employees. A Grocery department employee abruptly quit the other day. He worked there for about 15 years and said "This job isn't worth dying over". This fear of the virus is causing people to make abnormal choices and focus their energy on short term planning. Apparently his significant other is able to support him financially but he literally threw away a full time job paying $26 an hour with decent benefits. And because he willingly quit he cannot file for Unemployment. Not a smart move as getting a new job that pays decent in NYS is practically impossible. You are competing with tens of thousands of unemployed individuals, and while entry levels jobs are obtainable they offer little pay and very little in terms of benefits.

I've still been listening to the local police radio. Petty larcenies are still increasing but nothing too major has occurred. Most interesting thing was 2 people showed up at a house claiming to be National Grid contractors. No ID, and they had a white work van without decals. They informed the resident a gas leak had been reported and they needed to change the gas line at this house. The resident contacted National Grid and confirmed no gas leak existed and those were not National Grid employees/contractors. The 2 imposters quickly left and the resident was unable to get the plate number. The police increased patrols in the area but didn't have any luck finding them.

On a positive note, I just happened to have a vacation scheduled so I will be off until the 15th. Very much looking forward to not being at work. Its a strange feeling being off and not enjoying it how I normally do. No movies, no restaurants, no seeing friends. I've found ways to stay busy but its quite the adjustment! Should be able to spend some time outside now that the weather is consistently warmer.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Former Member of the VOC

IRON STATS Wars Fought: 13 POWs Taken: 2 Nations ZIed: 2 Aid Given: $341 Million

Recruits: 7 Alliances Fought: LSF, Sparta, VE, Umbrella, DBDC, STA

Alliance Seniority: 2,595 Days Soldier Casualties: 867,426 Att + 2,123,326 Def = 2,990,752

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users