Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Coronavirus

• Please log in to reply
792 replies to this topic

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:391465
  • Souls Baptized:1,724,782
  • Squadron:Kilo

They should be more honest about things. They say there will be many deaths this week. This tells me they will be taking many people off artificial life support ventilators this week. They have probably been on the ventilators for weeks. It's insulting for them to keep talking about these ventilators as "life saving" devices, and demanding more and more of them, when in 4 out of 5 cases they are merely a death delaying device. I would like to see them spend more time on solutions to this, rather than complaining about the management.

Woke (adj.)

A state of awareness only achieved by those dumb enough

to find injustice in everything except their own behavior.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tithan

Tithan

Forged

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 56 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621527
  • Souls Baptized:N/A
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:N/A
Lysistrata, just try and keep yourself safe and healthy.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:362483
  • Souls Baptized:5,083,976

So, Boris Johnson has been taken to the ICU ward: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604 .I guess populism doesn't provide immunity.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Baptized in Fire and Blood"

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

IRON King/Queen of Spam!!!

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:012501

And to come back to the chloroquine, 2 more treats. (1) (2)

Yes critisism, no hate. Yes to schadenfreude.

And nothing stops you from ignoring my replies, thou going for the "you got no bone in this fight" seems more like deflection then actual wanting to reply to my rebukes.

We call it TDS here. Trump Derangement Syndrome. You can boil it down to the basics and you'll find that the only real reason they hate him so much is because he ran as a Republican. If he ran as a Democrat, he never would have won the nomination. He's a billionaire, so they would have never elected him, but they would still love him as "their billionaire". His policies on the other hand, are no longer acceptable by Progressives, so he chose wisely.

No bone in the fight? The European in you is showing. We would say "dog in the fight", or "horse in the race". Everyone has a right to their opinion... misguided as they may be. I do ignore most of what you say, but I will offer my opinion, and most of the time, when it is my opinion, I will tell you it's my opinion... and I will call you out on blatant bullshit. I expect the same.

TDS has indeed that meaning. It just tends to mean the exact opposite for me. Something about not even wanting to see 1 bad thing about that person. Cult like I suppose.

Funny enough, I tried thinking about the dutch expression for "dog in the fight", couldn't really think of one. My "bone" probably comes from "bone to pick" :D

So yeah, I am calling you out on the bullshit you believe. Less comes from you proper, the again it is difficult to have a truely distinct opinion vs any opinion that floats around so we can never be to sure if it is our own and a regurgitated one.

They should be more honest about things. They say there will be many deaths this week. This tells me they will be taking many people off artificial life support ventilators this week. They have probably been on the ventilators for weeks. It's insulting for them to keep talking about these ventilators as "life saving" devices, and demanding more and more of them, when in 4 out of 5 cases they are merely a death delaying device. I would like to see them spend more time on solutions to this, rather than complaining about the management.

Sounds like death panels to me...

Yes alot of the deaths come from weeklong ICU patients on ventilators. No they don't all die just cause they were on a ventilator for a week. It is precisly the reason that doctors are asking for more ventilators so they don't have to go round and mark people "unsaviable" like if we are in a mass casuality disaster.

So, Boris Johnson has been taken to the ICU ward: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52192604 .I guess populism doesn't provide immunity.

Sad news already came yesterday when he was admitted to hospital after ~10 days of illness. This bug is either a week downtime with flu like symptoms or a prolonged stay in hospital :(.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Lysistrata, just try and keep yourself safe and healthy.

We are doing quite well, thank you :)

This is very sad in our house. We hope a speedy recovery for our British cousin that dragged Brexit across the goal line.

I suggest trying a closely guarded secret... it's called Hydroxychloroquine.

It is precisly the reason that doctors are asking for more ventilators so they don't have to go round and mark people "unsaviable" like if we are in a mass casuality disaster.

Always a tough call, but there is a difference between savable and brain dead.

So yeah, I am calling you out on the bullshit you believe.

There is a difference between believing something to be true and something being true. If someone believes something to be true, but insists that it is true... that's bullshit. If someone believes something to be true, and indicates that it's their opinion... that's not bullshit.

It is my opinion that climate change alarmists are full of shit... that's not bullshit. Someone telling me I'm wrong about that based on their opinion, or their opinion is backed up by colored graphs purely designed to back up their opinion... well that's bullshit.

We do not believe in the same things. Which means we only have two different opinions. Neither opinion creates a fact. We are just different believing people.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

It is precisly the reason that doctors are asking for more ventilators so they don't have to go round and mark people "unsaviable" like if we are in a mass casuality disaster.

Always a tough call, but there is a difference between savable and brain dead.

These people aren't brain dead. Part are comatozed cause the mere struggle to draw a breath even with a ventilator would wear them down. Covid-19 does NOT attack your brain.

So yeah, I am calling you out on the bullshit you believe.

There is a difference between believing something to be true and something being true. If someone believes something to be true, but insists that it is true... that's bullshit. If someone believes something to be true, and indicates that it's their opinion... that's not bullshit.

It is my opinion that climate change alarmists are full of shit... that's not bullshit. Someone telling me I'm wrong about that based on their opinion, or their opinion is backed up by colored graphs purely designed to back up their opinion... well that's bullshit.

We do not believe in the same things. Which means we only have two different opinions. Neither opinion creates a fact. We are just different believing people.

The bullshit being you calling them "alarmists" and defnining them to be so extreme even I would find them ludricous. Thats the bullshit.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Covid-19 does NOT attack your brain.

Covid-19 can cause pneumonia, which can cause a lack of oxygen, which does attack the brain... that's the reason for a ventilator.

The bullshit being you calling them "alarmists"

They have an agenda to force people to believe in their opinion. They choose to try to scare the shit out of people to accomplish that. What would you prefer we call these people? I think calling them "alarmists" is accurate. I could choose better, more descriptive, and much more offensive labels, but I do a magnificent job of being kind.

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:600902
  • Souls Baptized:1,518,583

I hope all of you are doing well.  Personally, I'm trying to stave off insanity.  This enforced idleness is driving me nuts.  I've been working since I graduated with a B.Ed in 2001.  Not adapting well to sitting on my hands and doing nothing.   At least I got some idea when this down time will end, I'm expecting (hoping), to go back to work on 1 May.  At least that's the projection from the CDS.

So tonight I'm sitting down and drinking a few Old Milwaukee, thinking about a scotch and soda or two...maybe three later on.  I've cleaned the house, packed a bit of stuff.  One good thing about all of this, we've been able to get some work done on the house we purchased.  New flooring is being installed tomorrow.  Now, I just have to get the chimney inspected and cleaned.

I've done something I've always wanted to do.  I've grown a Civil War era beard.

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

At least I got some idea when this down time will end, I'm expecting (hoping), to go back to work on 1 May. At least that's the projection from the CDS.

That's good news. I wish we could get a deadline to look forward to. All we get are continued extensions. Starts off at 15 days, then add another 15... that's not good enough so add another 15 days. It's like an open-ended prison term... but I can drink all I want.

I've grown a Civil War era beard

I picture George Armstrong Custer... then I remember you're Canadian... did you guys have a Civil War too?

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Home Office is the name of the game from the white collar front, and that by no means translate to less work. Oh no. In fact, I'm working more than I did from the office, I'm just doing it from my home computer on overhead that I pay for out of my own pocket.

Same with wife, disruption there being that she spilled tea on her laptop, so we had to get a new one ASAP.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

Home Office is the name of the game

I've been doing that for 20 years :)

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

Home Office is the name of the game

I've been doing that for 20 years

I like my regular office more.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

onbekende

onbekende

• Special Betsy Mask
  • 26,898 posts
  • Resources:

Covid-19 does NOT attack your brain.

Covid-19 can cause pneumonia, which can cause a lack of oxygen, which does attack the brain... that's the reason for a ventilator.

Still doesn't mean that they are braindead and should be switched off to get the ventilator on someone else.

The bullshit being you calling them "alarmists"

They have an agenda to force people to believe in their opinion. They choose to try to scare the shit out of people to accomplish that. What would you prefer we call these people? I think calling them "alarmists" is accurate. I could choose better, more descriptive, and much more offensive labels, but I do a magnificent job of being kind.

There are alarmists sure. You just want everyone to be alarmists. Not like I consider you a "pollute all!" reactionary.

Emperor of the Benelux
Founder and CEO of JF

2021-03-21-sig.jpg

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

At least I got some idea when this down time will end, I'm expecting (hoping), to go back to work on 1 May. At least that's the projection from the CDS.

That's good news. I wish we could get a deadline to look forward to. All we get are continued extensions. Starts off at 15 days, then add another 15... that's not good enough so add another 15 days. It's like an open-ended prison term... but I can drink all I want.

I've grown a Civil War era beard

I picture George Armstrong Custer... then I remember you're Canadian... did you guys have a Civil War too?

Nah, think of General Burnside

We had a few rebellions, nothing on the scale of the Civil War mind you.

Hope all of all of you are doing well. 

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

General Burnside

OMG! Really? You gotta be kidding me. I believe our species has evolved way past those muttons. LOL!

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources:

General Burnside

OMG! Really? You gotta be kidding me. I believe our species has evolved way past those muttons. LOL!

I think it's pretty awesome, keep at it! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lysistrata

Lysistrata

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 7,133 posts
  • Resources:

The Thunderbirds flew over my house yesterday... just amazing.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-las-vegas-flyover-air-force-military-first-responders

Woke (adj.)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HackSlash

HackSlash

Baptized

• NM|Former Member
  • 880 posts
  • Resources:

General Burnside

I think it's pretty awesome, keep at it! :)

Unfortunately, somebody didn't like it.  Somebody made me shave it off.  It would have been epic!

Happy Easter all.

Saw this on CBC yesterday.  https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-easter-bunny-covid-pandemic-tooth-fairy-1.5529060

Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

ccabal86

ccabal86

IRON Rose

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 12,373 posts
  • Resources: