Welcome to IRON Forums Website
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[KH-21] JOAT^2 Town Wins

open 15 players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
866 replies to this topic

Tony Maurice

Tony Maurice

Dishonoured - Traitor

• Mafia only
  • 2,214 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621482
  • Souls Baptized:339415
  • Squadron:Alpha

Vote brewers?

COOKIES IWIN90 GAVE ME: 14

Posted Image

TL;DR I like Iwin90's cookies

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ferastical

Ferastical

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,213 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:603712
  • Souls Baptized:😵
  • Squadron:Foxtrot
  • Discord ID:Ferastically

Wow, brewers dodged question, scum tell.

Wait, which question?

A new signature is currently under construction.

The previous signature caused multiple visual errors to users with different screen resolutions.

We humbly apologize.

Fermandia Inc.

© 2021

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604
  • Squadron:Kilo

Right now we have 4 lynch chances ( we lose after 5th misslynch). First lynches ( assuming randomness ) have around 20% of finding scums. All that means we have following options: - no lynch today, lynch tomorrow + 2 night investigations = 38% of finding scum. 2 lynch chances left ( if we misslynch) - lynch today, lynch tomorrow + 2 night investigations = 50% of finding scum. 2 lynch chances left ( if we misslynch both times) - no lynch, no lynch + 2 night investigations = 20% of finding scum. 3 lynch chances left And I think this solves the mystery of why those experienced players were choosing to lynch every time on d1.

Now you're just not listening  :( 

Lynching CAN NOT be boiled down to just basic numbers. There are human minds at play. There are going to be biased posts, fake claims, "scum tells" and much more flying all around the place. Lynching here is never totally random. You really want to go forward with this? Fine then, let's get a random machine-generator thingy to organize the actual random lynching. Wait, the scum doesn't want that, since they now don't have the possibility to talk themselves out of getting lynched anymore? Duh. Not only that, I'm very much guessing not every townie wishes to sacrifice themselves to this playstyle. It would be a total outrage. So outta here with that randomness poppycock.  :smoke: 

If we go D1 lynch, I'll totally support random lynching

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Tony Maurice

Tony Maurice

Dishonoured - Traitor

• Mafia only
  • 2,214 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621482
  • Souls Baptized:339415
  • Squadron:Alpha

Right now we have 4 lynch chances ( we lose after 5th misslynch). First lynches ( assuming randomness ) have around 20% of finding scums. All that means we have following options: - no lynch today, lynch tomorrow + 2 night investigations = 38% of finding scum. 2 lynch chances left ( if we misslynch) - lynch today, lynch tomorrow + 2 night investigations = 50% of finding scum. 2 lynch chances left ( if we misslynch both times) - no lynch, no lynch + 2 night investigations = 20% of finding scum. 3 lynch chances left And I think this solves the mystery of why those experienced players were choosing to lynch every time on d1.

Now you're just not listening  :( 

Lynching CAN NOT be boiled down to just basic numbers. There are human minds at play. There are going to be biased posts, fake claims, "scum tells" and much more flying all around the place. Lynching here is never totally random. You really want to go forward with this? Fine then, let's get a random machine-generator thingy to organize the actual random lynching. Wait, the scum doesn't want that, since they now don't have the possibility to talk themselves out of getting lynched anymore? Duh. Not only that, I'm very much guessing not every townie wishes to sacrifice themselves to this playstyle. It would be a total outrage. So outta here with that randomness poppycock.  :smoke: 

Brewers random lynch

COOKIES IWIN90 GAVE ME: 14

Posted Image

TL;DR I like Iwin90's cookies

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:552285
  • Squadron:Foreign Diplomat
  • Discord ID:lilweirdward
@Ferastical, I don't know what your strategy is if it's not to play the game but also not to rely on the JOATs. You're talking about essentially playing like the JOATs aren't there, and if they give extra information then great, otherwise we need to win this on our own (I agree!); however you're also saying we shouldn't lynch anyone today because we don't have enough information to make a good lynch. So, I'm genuinely asking and not trying to trick you or anything: what information will we get tomorrow by no lynching that we don't have today? All we'll know is that a townie is dead, but that won't tell us much of anything. We surprisingly have a lot of posts in this game, but you're right that anyone can post - I've been one of the top posters in every game I've played and was scum in like half of them so far - so you have to be REALLY good to read scumminess that way, and there are too many people that won't post much anyway.

The reason lynching is advantageous from a town perspective, beyond the obvious of it being our only way to kill mafia and win, is that it gives us the most information to go off of in terms of who's playing like they're genuinely trying to scum hunt, and who's only pretending to because they are scum. AbT and Tony caught me in one of the other games because we lynched a townie, and my supposed townie reasons for doing so had enough holes to have a decent chance of being scummy. Obviously you're right that mafia will push back and make up excuses, but the whole point of games like this is to win by reading through the lies to find the mafia. How do we even get anyone to lie if we don't do anything?

If I'm missing something then I'm happy to learn. I just genuinely don't understand what you're waiting for or what your plan is for tomorrow.

Ferastical

Ferastical

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,213 posts
  • Resources:

@Ferastical, I don't know what your strategy is if it's not to play the game but also not to rely on the JOATs. You're talking about essentially playing like the JOATs aren't there, and if they give extra information then great, otherwise we need to win this on our own (I agree!); however you're also saying we shouldn't lynch anyone today because we don't have enough information to make a good lynch. So, I'm genuinely asking and not trying to trick you or anything: what information will we get tomorrow by no lynching that we don't have today? All we'll know is that a townie is dead, but that won't tell us much of anything. We surprisingly have a lot of posts in this game, but you're right that anyone can post - I've been one of the top posters in every game I've played and was scum in like half of them so far - so you have to be REALLY good to read scumminess that way, and there are too many people that won't post much anyway.

The reason lynching is advantageous from a town perspective, beyond the obvious of it being our only way to kill mafia and win, is that it gives us the most information to go off of in terms of who's playing like they're genuinely trying to scum hunt, and who's only pretending to because they are scum. AbT and Tony caught me in one of the other games because we lynched a townie, and my supposed townie reasons for doing so had enough holes to have a decent chance of being scummy. Obviously you're right that mafia will push back and make up excuses, but the whole point of games like this is to win by reading through the lies to find the mafia. How do we even get anyone to lie if we don't do anything?

If I'm missing something then I'm happy to learn. I just genuinely don't understand what you're waiting for or what your plan is for tomorrow.

Alright, so it took a lot of convincing. Congrats. I guess I was living in the illusion that we could win this with losing as little townies as possible. And thanks, by the way, sometimes I get too stubborn that I can't see what's obvious  :rolleyes: 

Unvote: No Lynch

Lynching is the only thing guaranteed to be in the hands of the town. Less lynching = free kills for scum

I guess I've always wanted to seem as townie/neutral as possible. Time to finally step out of my comfort zone.

Vote: Brewersalliance

Actually, yeah, since we keep on going about 20% chance of catching scum, let's make that so. Kevin, is it possible? 

The previous signature caused multiple visual errors to users with different screen resolutions.

We humbly apologize.

Fermandia Inc.

© 2021

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180
Ferastical Ive feeling you dont understand what Im writting about. Mafia is a numbers game and those numbers show us that if we wait, then most probably we'll be waiting for nothing.

Sooner or later we'll have to start lynching and whether we do it on D2 or D3, it will still be as random as on D1, because we will know nothing (unless that 20% lucky shot happens).
Only difference is that if we do not start today we'll loose one misslynch chance.

This is not a game with strong roles, where we no lynch on D1 and on D2 KevinH posts "someone knows something". This is a game where we know nothing and the fate of the town is in the hands of vanila peasants mob.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621288
  • Discord ID:Torres951

Can someone give a good recap as to what happened?

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lyner

Lyner

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,103 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:194604

Actually, yeah, since we keep on going about 20% chance of catching scum, let's make that so. Kevin, is it possible? 

Please don't ask Kevin to be our random generator, I have a bad experience with it

Yes Kevin I'm still salty about that 5 year old game

@Rafay and @Wolfpack, where are you guys?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

The Warrior

The Warrior

10th President of IRON

• Secretary of State
  • 19,848 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:264357
  • Souls Baptized:4,017,067

Brewers: *Looks at games on record* The pros are lynching on day 1 in this format and losing ~73% of the time. Can't believe I'm saying this but we should vote no lynch.

Most people: Vote no lynch and hope town JOAT's get lucky.

ABT: We aren't pros so we should ignore that sample.

Ferastical: Here's a long strategy.

Brewers: Our town isn't smart enough to go through with that.

LWW: Lynch.

Tony: *Throws out random name just because* Vote for them.

Ferastical: I give up. Vote Brewers.

I'd say that about does it.

Nuked 131 times in the name of IRON. Delivered 193 nukes on those stupid enough to oppose IRON.

<&Bay102174>The Warrior has been baptized in fire and blood and emerged as IRON.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

KevinH

KevinH

IRONclad

• BR|Member
  • 6,978 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:101765
  • Souls Baptized:9,094,132

Vote Count:
brewersalliance (4): Lilweirdward, Torres951, Tony Maurice, Ferastical,
Finster Baby (1): Robert2424,
Robert2424 (1): Finster Baby,
Rafay (1): Ali bin Turban,
Lilweirdward (0): 
Ali bin Turban (0):
Ferastical (0):
ghaws (0):
Lord MK (0):
Lyner (0):
The Warrior (0):
Tony Maurice (0):
Torres951 (0):
Velocity (0):
Wolfpacks (0):

No Lynch (4): brewersalliance, Lord MK, Velocity, ghaws,

Not Voting: Lyner, Rafay, The Warrior, Wolfpacks

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch or 4 at deadline.
Deadline is Monday, August 24 at noon EDT.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Finster Baby

Finster Baby

Former President

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,294 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:503943
  • Souls Baptized:2,946,004

Ok I have no clue what's going on here.

UNVOTE

I lean towards No Lynch.

Finster Baby
Acme States
Proud to be the 5th IRON President.
Happily Retired. Here we go again...

IRON Minister of Defence. That means I get to play with the big guns! :D
Posted Image

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ali bin Turban

Ali bin Turban

Steadfast

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 3,647 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:346180

Brewers: *Looks at games on record* The pros are lynching on day 1 in this format and losing ~73% of the time. Can't believe I'm saying this but we should vote no lynch.

I can see why famous people hate journalists. During interview they say one thing, but then in the newspaper something entirely different is published.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Ferastical

Ferastical

Tempered IRON

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 2,213 posts
  • Resources:

I can see why famous people hate journalists. During interview they say one thing, but then in the newspaper something entirely different is published.

lol

We humbly apologize.

Fermandia Inc.

© 2021

Spoiler

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Torres951

Torres951

IRONclad

• NM⎪Inactive
  • 5,927 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:621288
  • Discord ID:Torres951

Thank you!

Unvote

Once upon a time there was a lovely princess. But she had an enchantment upon her of a fearful sort, which could only be broken by Love's first kiss. She was locked away in a castle guarded by a terrible fire breathing dragon. Many brave knights had attempted to free her from this dreadful prison, but none prevailed. She waited in the dragon's keep in the highest room of the tallest tower for her true love and true love's first kiss.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

Very interesting that you distilled literally all of the nuance out of the argument against no lynch, but basically quoted brewers' full explanation for why we should NL. Makes you think...

brewersalliance

brewersalliance

Theo's Defeat

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 17,811 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:602775
  • Souls Baptized:1539600
  • Discord ID:brewersalliance
Wait why are we voting to Lynch me for no reason lol

This makes zero sense. Lol

Vote brewers?

Why?

What question?
And as for LWW... Yeah I'm not playing in games u sign up in any more

I'm tired of the vote Brewer's every single day thing you have been doing FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of lynching me because I've never been lynched. This is now three straight games. And for some retarded reason you have gotten people to go along with it.

I'm tired of it

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brewersalliance: Lover of the Pack and Beer. Hater of the Bears and Cheese.

Nukes Delivered for IRON-31

Nukes Taken for IRON-44

You are bresky, Brewsky, Brewers, stud-muffin, Mr. Sexypants, and that cute guy over in IA.

TO: Brewersalliance | FROM: SeaBeeGipson
TYPE: Nuclear Missile Strike | DATE: 8/18/2017 9:07:26 AM
Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons in a standard nuclear attack by SeaBeeGipson. You lost 488 soldiers, 0 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 1.602 miles of land, 0.000 technology, 103.283 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.Your clones are dead

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275

Very interesting that you distilled literally all of the nuance out of the argument against no lynch, but basically quoted brewers' full explanation for why we should NL. Makes you think...

Well, you would say that, of course.
You just want to kill a townie, scum.

And since you are using baseless stats to prop up your faulty Lynching crusade, i would like to rephrase what you just said, you have been scum in more than half the games you played in.
So you are the most likely scum candidate.

You are hell-bent on getting people carelessly lynched

One thing is for sure, brewers isn't on your team.
And there's a scum between either of lww and ABT.
Both of them can't be.
It's a case of "One of the scum roped the townie in."
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lord MK

Lord MK

Steadfast

• NM|Validating
  • 4,567 posts
  • Resources:
  • CN Nation ID:577566
  • Souls Baptized:1,019,503
  • Discord ID:MK#3275

Wait why are we voting to Lynch me for no reason lol

This makes zero sense. Lol

Vote brewers?

Why?

What question?

I'm tired of the vote Brewer's every single day thing you have been doing FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of lynching me because I've never been lynched. This is now three straight games. And for some retarded reason you have gotten people to go along with it.

I'm tired of it

I know right?.
Lww and Torres are just annoying me with their baseless reasons for Lynching or killing people.

Lww votes for you solely to get you lynched, cause you haven't been lynched.
Torres kills me, cause it's somehow funny to him.
And also for some reason, killing TW is fun too

I mean, grow up, it's really annoying to get all excited for a game and then get killed for some of the shittiest reasons ever.
"Every morsel of your entire being alive to the infinite mystery of it all" - Captain Jack Sparrow

"%20alt=

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

lilweirdward

lilweirdward

Tempered IRON

• Foreign Diplomat
  • 1,217 posts
  • Resources:

I'm tired of it

Don't be so dramatic, ya big baby. I specifically said I would vote for the first person who voted to no lynch at the very beginning of the game, and then you were the first person to do it, so I followed through on my promise. I haven't advocated for anyone else to vote for you, and whatever joke I made in another game has zero impact on how I'm playing this game. I get being annoyed at so many people voting for you for no real reason, but I'm not the person to be taking your frustration out on.

Well, you would say that, of course.
You just want to kill a townie, scum.

And since you are using baseless stats to prop up your faulty Lynching crusade, i would like to rephrase what you just said, you have been scum in more than half the games you played in.
So you are the most likely scum candidate.

You are hell-bent on getting people carelessly lynched

One thing is for sure, brewers isn't on your team.
And there's a scum between either of lww and ABT.
Both of them can't be.
It's a case of "One of the scum roped the townie in."

You do know that's not how it works, right? Technically you've been scum more times than I have since I started playing (tiger king, dawn of justice, and feast for crows), so I guess that actually makes you the most likely suspect then?

I know right?.
Lww and Torres are just annoying me with their baseless reasons for Lynching or killing people.

Lww votes for you solely to get you lynched, cause you haven't been lynched.
Torres kills me, cause it's somehow funny to him.
And also for some reason, killing TW is fun too

I mean, grow up, it's really annoying to get all excited for a game and then get killed for some of the shittiest reasons ever.

For someone who got all up in arms about brewers not reading your posts, you sure do a good job of accusing me of things I never said without reading anything I posted. Try going back to page 1 where I specifically said I'd vote for the first person to vote no lynch, and then tell me who the first person to do it was. Then read my next post, and show me where I said anything about brewers not being lynched before. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: open, 15 players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

BR Converter